Bassman59's Revenge of the Clones! 600w Pro-Bloom LED - RDWC - Grow #2

Hi Bass,

They turned out exactly like you said they would...When you first started this journal with radical trimming/training...I was skeptical. I'm new, first time I ever heard/saw such a thing

You should be proud of yourself, they look great :yahoo:

:bravo:

Thanks Sqwheels. This is only my 2nd grow, and 1st defoliation deal too. But I spent a lot of time reading up on it. It's controversial to some, but who can argue with results? I know I didnt do this anywhere near perfect. Part of the learning curve. But it'll only go up from here too.

Hi Bass,

This is only my 4th flower cycle...I didn't really know anything about it when I started and this will be the best one yet. Like OMM once said to me ... the more you grow, the more you know.

I'm with kolabear tho...they're gonna be monsters to clean.

:cheer:

Mini update;

So tomorrow I should see delivery of a new camera with up to 500x microscope that I can take pics with and upload on to my computer! This will give us all some nice close ups of trichomes.

I also just got a score on a hole saw set for drill attachment in a nice little plastic case. It's a set for uniseals from 1/2" to 2", which as some may know can be damned expensive to buy from places like home despot. But when I ordered uniseals from bulk reef supply in preparation of next grow, I saw this set for a meesly $19.99. That's less than one hole saw from the hardware store.

I also germinated my 5 Master Kush feminized seeds. They all popped and I put them into root riot cubes and dropped them into my cloning tray. Twenty four hours later they are all through the cube.

So now I need an answer: I cannot plant the new seedlings in my 5g buckets yet. I dont have the light to do that with tent in flower now. So, I can drop them into 3.75" netpots and into the tub where this grow started, and later put them into the 5g buckets. But, I still have two AK48's in that green tub. They have been vegging, almost unattended, (meaning I just add water, bend them when they reach lights) since about Nov 1st. I figured I would put just these two into flower in my tubs in my tent now when I harvest this grow. Thus allowing me to veg these MK's a full 2 months with high defol technique.

HOWEVER, the girls are on nutes! very low ppm, like sub 450 now (.5 conversion). What I'm asking is, if I res change today to plain RO water with no nutes and plant my MK's. How long can the big girls go without any added nutrients while I'm waiting for 4th set of leaves to appear to add nutes for the Master Kush seedlings? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, and these two Ak48 mothers, they havent been trained down at all till last week and the tallest one is currently 34" tall. I just let her go and have only bent tops since putting this grow into flower. So not flowering her would be a shame. These were part of the original clones taken and defoliated with this grow in flower now, but I knew I couldnt fit into my tent.

Flowering girls are looking really really great! I've been trimming leaves daily and jeebus my fingers get sticky as all get out right away. I expect harvest time will be 2-3 weeks from now. Probably more towards 3. But the buds are starting to swell a bit now, and starting to really stink.

If my camera comes in tomorrow I'll take pics with trichs. Otherwise I'll just do a regular photo update then. Or maybe later today. Hell I dunno.

Hi Bass,

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, I don't do hydro and am unfamiliar with how long they can go without nutes. I'm sure someone else will chime in soon to help you out.

Good luck

Can't wait to see pics with the new camera

:peace:

The 'don't feed seedlings until...' baloney stems from dirt. They may not need it, but it don't hurt. Especially in hydro. Keep it light, no harm will happen.

This is just one of many legacy burdens to bear. Dirt did it, and dirt is... dirty.
450 ppm is less than one twentieth of one percent; safe to drink.

Thanks Propa,

Spoke to BPN Corey and I'm going to let them set in the root riot cubes/tray until they get 1 set of true leaves. Then a res change on the big girls in veg down to 300ppm or so nute mix I have made up already and I'll drop the seedlings in that tub. The mothers will be fine. I'll up it a lil bit when 4th set comes.

When I pull down this harvest in 2-3 weeks I'll transplant the moms into my current tubs in the flower room, one in each tub and let them flower out while I veg up the Master Kush. I'm hoping to be able to grab a 4x4 or 5x5 tent soon, and another chiller and light. Then I can give the Master Kush the big wide training and defoliation they deserve with 4 plants and save the 5th as a mother.

Hey Bassman -

I'm just jumping in here, because I somehow wasn't subbed to this?! :sorry:

Looking like a yummy bud forest in there! :high-five:

Don't know if you have room for it, but now that you have the new hole saw - can you make up another tub quick? I found a good deal on a hole saw set like you - Harbor Freight I think. Doesn't take much for plastic tubs/buckets. I've made up several little hydro tubs now since I got my hole-saw set. A cheap little rubbermaid tote, some netpots, 15$ airpump, a couple of airstones and some tubing - they could have their own little hydro home. Though, the solution you worked out with Corey would work fine as well I'm sure.

I have several Rubbermaid style tubs of different sizes with different numbers of plant sites that I've made up now. Seems like every grow I need/want something a little different. Now I just mix and match what I need from previous grows. I should own stock in Rubbermaid. ;)

I use Rapid Rooter plugs to start seeds, and I can get to 3rd set of true leaves before needing nutrients. They seem to have just enough in them to keep them going for a while with nothing other than spring water from the store - I don't bother PH balancing it until I add nutes after the 3rd set of true leaves. Works great for me.

Heya X,

Glad ya jumped in. I actually do have a unused tub with a lid that's not been drilled. I'm trying to hold out on drilling it if I can. I want to save it for one of those just in case times. I know, kinda looks like this is just in case. I still have 2 single outlet air pumps and 1 stone too. Not the stone I prefer, but useable until I get to the hydro store next week.

I may do it. Undecided atm. It's not like it's going to drink all the water down in a week either. Doing 25 gal water runs to the store weekly gets old.

and ya the root riot and rapid rooter plugs look to be the same thing.

Time for that scoped update:

Day 52 12/12

Got the new microscope camera. I still have little clue how to use it. Pain in the arse to do on the plants. And I hate pinching off any flowers to steady on desk. But I did what I could for now.

It's hard to tell in pics that this is only 6 plants in 4x4 tent. But as you can see they are freaking loaded with buds. FAR better than last grow. All are the same pheno from 1 mother.

Obviously the 4 nearest center getting the best part of the LED are doing best. The CFL's added to corners are a nice boon to those corners that were being so shaded by the other plants and the angle being outside the end reach of the LED.

I obviously also need to get another LED for next grow to get full coverage of all corners. Next grow plans on being a 4 plant Master Kush I just popped seeds on. All in 5 gal RDWC buckets. Probably in new 5x5 tent. Two less plants, more area, more light, more defoliating, more training, more yield.

On to the pics. First two are with the scope. All others are with my regular camera.

PTDC00013.JPG
PTDC0004.JPG

P2160001.JPG
P21600021.JPG
P21600041.JPG
P21600051.JPG
P21600061.JPG
P2160007.JPG
P21600091.JPG
P21600101.JPG

Back
Top Bottom