Bassman's RDWC - High Defoliation - Master Kush Grow #2

Yup what Corey said sounds spot on to me....

I hope Corey is on to it there. I have been thinking about this all night. I really hope it isn't another damn leak! I'm going to up the chiller 2 degrees to 69-70 and see what happens. I opened up the tent door wide this morning to lower the humidity a bunch. I've got some mopping up to do in the tent. Later on I'll close it up and see if I can get rid of the condensation. If I can be totally rid of that and still find water on the floor, well, Nasa, we have a problem.

well, time for bed, gotta go to work tonight. Took a look in, no condensation, and a new fresh puddle. FML.

Bummer about the water issues. I am sure you will find it. Lets hope it is something simple.

Condensation could be from water temp differences from air temp, but sounds like you have a leak to me. Those uni-seals are renowned for that as I'm sure you know or have found out.

What I think is happening is what Corey said as far as the buckets condensing. But they are condensing because the RH is high due to a leaky bucket and a puddle in the room. So, the leaky bucket is making high RH and reducing the amount of additional water the air can hold, causing condensation. Fix the leak, you'll also lower RH and the buckets won't condense either. Just my 2 cents, but that's how I think the whole thing wraps together IMO. I'd lower your nutrient temps back to 67 or 68 again, as that wasn't the real underlying issue and you'll be safer with pathogens, etc.

Hope you get it resolved soon my friend. Sorry you're having to deal with that huge PITA. :goodluck:

Had to order more uniseals. They wont be here before Monday next week. Might be a pretty painful week mopping up water/nutrient all week. Gils are fine though. Pics maybe tomorrow with update.

I was just reading "Hydro Innovations" booklet that came with the used Ice Box that I scored used on Craigslist. Anyways (sorry) it talked about the need to sometimes use a dehumidifier or deal with the possibility of condensation, I think there is a good possibility that its not a leak.

Dr. Redwhite just said what was thinking... square buckets as an eventual, possible upgrade and solution to your uniseal dilemma. There are some kitty litter buckets that you can get that are square (if you have a kitty!) and would work well. I've been saving them up to do a RDWC grow at some point myself, and will most likely use uniseals with them. I believe that Mr Smith has used something similar for some his RDWC.

This company makes the containers for both kitty litter buckets, as well as the Flo N Gro square buckets like I use (just a thought):

LINPAC Ropak - LINPAC

Thanks for that link Xlr8! I've looked all over for square buckets.

So, today after mopping up, a daily routine now, I had a thought. I have been using a 396gph pump to recirculate. I wonder if that creates too much pressure. Now the pump is pulling from the 1.5" pvc tapered down to 3/4" and pushing from the pump through the chiller, and back to the main bucket.

So I changed out the pump to a 185gph pump. No idea if this is going to help or change anything. But what the hell.

Girls look really awesome. Too tired to take pics. I'll do that in the next day or two.

Update:

Day 35 in flower

Sopping up 2.5-3 gals a day from the leak isnt hurting the girls any. But I've also found that the fucking water tray of the secret jardin tent leaks. While taking leaves off from the right side window, barefooted, I found wet carpet. I guess they just made my shit list of products. I was a fanboy before this, but there is just no excuse for that to leak. That's what it's there for right?

The plants are doing great. I spent about 40 mins in there this morning pulling leaves. Hands were so sticky I had to wash them twice and I still couldnt make a regular lighter work because my thumb is stuck to the flicker thing.

I am really impressed with the size of the buds at this stage. There is approximately 30 days left to harvest. And deep down the flowers are real. Should be a nice producing batch even though I still grew them a bit too tall. The wide hood makes a big difference.

Enjoy the pics!
PB220001.JPG
PB220002.JPG
PB220003.JPG
PB220004.JPG
PB220005.JPG
PB220006.JPG
PB220007.JPG
PB220008.JPG
PB220009.JPG
PB220010.JPG
PB220011.JPG
PB220012.JPG

Looking great Bassman! Happy Thanksgiving!

Back
Top Bottom