Beginner Grow - 5x6 Room - 1000Watt MH/HPS - PK Maui Waui Blackwater

Subbing in on this one....Love to learn from new growers as they learn. I learn something new all the time here.
I am new to indoor, but have lots of outdoor experience.
Great community here to learn from!

Yes for sure. Great please to share knowledge. Thanks to everyone for stopping by and leaving comments.

Will sub up and try to help a bit.

You need to get the humidity up and the temp down. That will help stop the taco leaves. Local big box store should have a humidifier. If you can get a cool mist one. It will not raise the temps just the humidity.

You need to get the humidity up and the temp down. That will help stop the taco leaves. Local big box store should have a humidifier. If you can get a cool mist one. It will not raise the temps just the humidity.

What temperature am I aiming for? I could prob work on that right away.

You will see a difference.

Lets hope! Hopefully they are salvageable. I have a few towels and jugs of water in there and it is up around 40% now. I will be getting a humidifier in the next day or two.

They will be fine, you did not kill them. You are now just starting to fine tune things. That just gives you a proven target to shoot for its not the "Must be there or they die thing".

Well last night after reading this and the informative article that JustMeds also shared I put the girls in a container and put some plastic wrap on the top to crank up the humidity.

Not even 24 hours later and there is a noticeable difference. The humidity is 70% in the plastic dome and the plants seem to be loving it. Can actually see the difference in growth since last night.

This evening I was also able to make some time to go out and pick up a humidifier. Hopefully this unit does the trick.

Thanks again to JustMeds and anyone else stopping by and commenting.

I feel good that I was able to help. One word of caution with the plastic wrap. Don't seal the container tight when doing it for very long. You need a good air exchange. If you leave two opposite corners open a small amount you will get some air movement through the container yet also bring in some CO2.

Wow. That sucks

I purchased a taotronics humidifier from Amazon and it can increase the humidity in my 4 by 4 tent by approximately 40%. Actually I purchased two. I needed the second one for a few weeks because humidity in my house was down to 18%.
Screenshot_2018-02-04-08-01-38.png

Placing plants in that age/size in dome is begging for problems/pests/diseases. If you can't up the humidity, plants will adapt and grow through it, do your best with towels, humidifiers and so on but I personally would never wrap my plants like this.

No airflow, no fresh air, 70+ humidity, powdery mildew incoming.

I feel good that I was able to help. One word of caution with the plastic wrap. Don't seal the container tight when doing it for very long. You need a good air exchange. If you leave two opposite corners open a small amount you will get some air movement through the container yet also bring in some CO2.

It may be a bit hard to tell in the picture but I did leave a few openings. Thanks for the heads up either way. Good for anyone else reading this.

Placing plants in that age/size in dome is begging for problems/pests/diseases. If you can't up the humidity, plants will adapt and grow through it, do your best with towels, humidifiers and so on but I personally would never wrap my plants like this.

Thanks for stopping by and contributing to the discussion. I have since removed the girls from there. The room is above 40% now. I am going to give it a few days to see if it will continue to climb as everything acclimates and takes in the moisture. If need be I will purchase another humidifier.

I think this was a very temp fix for him. Nothing he is planning on doing long term.

Back
Top Bottom