Beginner Grow - 5x6 Room - 1000Watt MH/HPS - PK Maui Waui Blackwater

Hey man. Plants are looking great.
Thanks for stopping in. I am really looking forward to comparing a few of the grows that are in similar stages of flowering. Esp. ones under qb lights.

Doing good! Like the set up upgrade! Keep going !

How you like the promix organic soil ? Im doing this grow test with it then if everything looks good Ill switch for Doc Bud kit! Up to now, only using organic vegetable fertilizer sticks in my soil. Did you try any organic stuff in your soil?

Doing good! Like the set up upgrade! Keep going !

How you like the promix organic soil ? Im doing this grow test with it then if everything looks good Ill switch for Doc Bud kit! Up to now, only using organic vegetable fertilizer sticks in my soil. Did you try any organic stuff in your soil?

I was only able to procure 2 small bags of the promix back in the middle of the winter so I am only running that in one bag (the purple kush). That plant was like 90 days from seed before switch to 12/12 for flower.

She is looking good, should be fine.

Big strong bones!

When I changed my lights out that plant in the soil showed signs of a deficiency almost right away. I started to give it a bit of cal/mag with watering and it cleared that right up. I have also fed that plant with about .75 ec worth of bloom nutes a handful of times during veg and once since I flipped to flower. I plan to start increasing the frequency and amount of nutrients I am feeding her to see what happens.

The rest of the girls are in coco and they are fed with tap water, cal/mag, and some bloom nutrients that I then PH to about 5.8

It is a modified "lucas formula" or something. First time growing and I just kind of dove in head first and here I am. Next time around I will probably go with a much different approach especially concerning feeding of the plants.

For now I am happy they are all still alive, and I am 6/7 so far from random bag seeds being females. There is one I still cannot tell either way so I figure any day now I should see some more development on that particular plant that will tell me it's sex for sure.
I am going to bet that it is going to be a male since every other plant in the room clearly shows it's sex as female, and they have for a while now.

So it is looking like I am ending up with 6 good plants, 1 tiny little runt and 1 that I will be tossing very soon. It is defiantly more girls then I expected to end up with when I was planting those random bag seeds in the middle of January.

I think 4 good sized, well trained plants would be the sweet spot for my room/lights but I can worry about that for the next run. This has been a good learning experience so far and hopefully the next time around things will be even better.

Check out the Doc Bud High Brix, you may like it.

Oh I am familiar with it. Only read a few hundred pages about it so far though haha. Someday when I have more time I will go through a few of the big journals and really nail down what I want to do on that front. I would like to cook up some soil and do a full organic grow for sure.

The Doc Bud stuff is what I am interested in for sure. Get one of the big kits and go to town. Down the road for sure.

Someday I am going to get a few more lights and setup another space or 2 and go perpetual.

Thanks again for stopping by and dropping knowledge as usual.

There is such a wealth of information on here it is incredible.

I was only able to procure 2 small bags of the promix back in the middle of the winter so I am only running that in one bag (the purple kush). That plant was like 90 days from seed before switch to 12/12 for flower.

She is looking good, should be fine.

Big strong bones!

When I changed my lights out that plant in the soil showed signs of a deficiency almost right away. I started to give it a bit of cal/mag with watering and it cleared that right up. I have also fed that plant with about .75 ec worth of bloom nutes a handful of times during veg and once since I flipped to flower. I plan to start increasing the frequency and amount of nutrients I am feeding her to see what happens.

The rest of the girls are in coco and they are fed with tap water, cal/mag, and some bloom nutrients that I then PH to about 5.8

It is a modified "lucas formula" or something. First time growing and I just kind of dove in head first and here I am. Next time around I will probably go with a much different approach especially concerning feeding of the plants.

For now I am happy they are all still alive, and I am 6/7 so far from random bag seeds being females. There is one I still cannot tell either way so I figure any day now I should see some more development on that particular plant that will tell me it's sex for sure.
I am going to bet that it is going to be a male since every other plant in the room clearly shows it's sex as female, and they have for a while now.

So it is looking like I am ending up with 6 good plants, 1 tiny little runt and 1 that I will be tossing very soon. It is defiantly more girls then I expected to end up with when I was planting those random bag seeds in the middle of January.

I think 4 good sized, well trained plants would be the sweet spot for my room/lights but I can worry about that for the next run. This has been a good learning experience so far and hopefully the next time around things will be even better.
Very nice! Yeah not easy to find good soil during winter I hear you haha. You doing good! Thanks for the reply, appreciated!

I've also noticed that the plants are raising the humidity up a lot now. So I put a dehumidifier in the room. What do you folks like to run it at for flower, temp/RH% lights on and off?

I have a fan oscillating and intake air going with lights on and the dehumidifier keeps me around 77 degrees and 55%.

What can I get away with for lights off? If I keep a fan moving the air lots, is higher rh% okay? Or should I try and keep that down more? If I crank up the dehumidifier I can get it lower i'm sure.

Here are a few more shots from today.

Sounds like you've put good effort into this operation, and the room looks spot on, think those walls look like they will reflect light in a far larger amount than my panda plastic, I would have gone for that if I had the extra cash. Looking at your leaves here and they looked very similar to mine, most people here suggested light and I assumed it too, then someone here mentioned about time release nutes in soil so now I'm like shit..... Maybe my issue was with slightly too much nutes on the first feed... Anyways, I'm always playing catch up on some journals so don't comment much, not caught up yet on your recent progress but I'm in the process of playing catch up on a few journals at the moment lol.

Sounds like you've put good effort into this operation, and the room looks spot on, think those walls look like they will reflect light in a far larger amount than my panda plastic, I would have gone for that if I had the extra cash. Looking at your leaves here and they looked very similar to mine, most people here suggested light and I assumed it too, then someone here mentioned about time release nutes in soil so now I'm like shit..... Maybe my issue was with slightly too much nutes on the first feed... Anyways, I'm always playing catch up on some journals so don't comment much, not caught up yet on your recent progress but I'm in the process of playing catch up on a few journals at the moment lol.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some people thought lights were too hot, too far away, too close haha. I think it was the promix soil being too strong maybe. But who really knows. You will see further along in this journal I really change things up lol. 7 out of 8 plants are in coco and I ditched the 1000watt lights/ballast for a boat load of high quality led. The plants are really loving them.

Thanks for stopping by!

Some people thought lights were too hot, too far away, too close haha. I think it was the promix soil being too strong maybe. But who really knows. You will see further along in this journal I really change things up lol. 7 out of 8 plants are in coco and I ditched the 1000watt lights/ballast for a boat load of high quality led. The plants are really loving them.
Haha you made me have a sneaky peak at this page.... They look amazing mate, some turn around since the start, you should be proud of that lot! We will hopefully see a BIG bright future for these.

Looks like calcium deficiency or chemical burn to me. If it's mostly on the newer growth I'd assume calcium deficiency...this would be my guess

So since this issue cropped up a while back I have been keeping her fed with a bit more cal/mag. That solved the issue! Great advise.

Back
Top Bottom