Capt Blast Moving Indoors - A Utility Shed Perpetual

Nice grow man ! well organized. Its gonna be one kick ass harvest here in a few weeks! I just might have to swing thru on my way back to NY from Dirt Car Nationals In Volusia! lolz. :biglaugh::lot-o-toke:

Nice grow man ! well organized. Its gonna be one kick ass harvest here in a few weeks! I just might have to swing thru on my way back to NY from Dirt Car Nationals In Volusia! lolz. :biglaugh::lot-o-toke:

Thanks for stopping in Chainsaw man, you might as well do bike week and the 500 if you're that far down, get a break from the cold dude.

:passitleft:

Hey. Was just meaning to write you today. I did check my plant for the deficiency I mentioned, but decided that I had nothing much to contribute in the way of help. Been having some issues myself lately and decided I don't know my ass from my elbow. Then, after lots of pissing around, figured out my ph meter was out by half a point and everything has been on acid for the last few weeks probably. Good old PH. How many times do I have to cover the same ground? Nice to find an answer to the problem though.
Plants are looking great. Amazing how quickly they zip along sometimes. Seems like just yesterday you started this journal. Well, seems that way to me anyway....

Thanks WC, I hemhawed all around it, even got the solution out to check my cheap meter too. My run off was low like 5.3 but I did a soil test and it was 6.8, though i didn't get too far down in the pot first time. then I weaseled a bit out the drain holes and did a dilution of 1 part dirt 5 parts water and tested and got 6.7 so I'm like wtf with the runoff being so low, did a little looking around and find out lots of folks have same experience, so no more runoff checking for me. Soil test only if even necessary. I'm pretty convinced it was as suspected that my FF Ocean Forest just had no goodies left in it. I add some worm castings to the top and have started feeding their (2) bloom nutes now along with alternating cal mag, and Botnacare's Hydrogaurd, which as you probably know is a Bacillus Root Inoculant. I really think the hydroguard does 'em as much good as anything. But what do I know with it being my first real controlled indoor grow. I've got my next 7 in 2.5 gallon nursery pots and they are taking off, did a little trim on them and plan to take clones next week and put them into flower in those pots without transplant, but may change my mind and pot up once more. Going to stick them in the 4x4 under the 600 watt with the one that's left in there and move them to the 1k tent when these present ones finish. truly a huge difference in bud growth between the two lights. My last clones I had about 30 and only have 7 or so left, now in cups, they were cut too late and are needing to reveg so hopefully I'll have better luck with the new clones. Got to find time and place to set up a dedicated clone room to make that work. Probably pop a few seeds tonight too. All in all looks like I'm starting to get my timing down. Now I just gotta make a new seed order. I like collecting seeds for the same reason I like collecting ammo and guns. Hopefully in the future I'll start making my own. Peace be with you brother, days are getting longer fast.

:passitleft:

weekly update. Let's see, trim and cloned the 7 18-20" plants in the veg tents. Watered them with some grow big & hydroguard and flipped them to 12/12, in the 4x4 tent under the 600 watt light with the one Kush. Gotta 'em low to get used to the light, had more pics but did a float test on my phone today and, well; it failed. They are (2) Delicious Cheese Candy, (2) 707 Truth Headband, (2) Cinderella 99, and (1) "The Purps. Have only 6 successful looking clones from the present GC & CK that made it so will probably save them and hope these next clones come out aand do a quick flip in one month to try and get on schedule for a monthly perpetual.

So a couple of pics anyway, me and the pup, she's now 5 months went scouting for some new outdoor spots under the pretense of antler shed hunting yesterday & today, she's a natural, meant to put a couple leaves in the shed pics to qualify but still in the guise of searching the woods for upcoming outdoor grow, so mods definitely associated IMHO?

The guys are really stacking now, 32 days since flip, with the exception of one I call "Stretch" and another spindly one that seems like he may have had too much water. Other 8 looking better dailey, can't wait to open the tents every evening.

sorry bout the sideways pics I tried to correct them, what I get for breaking out the camera instead of the phone.

BOL Friends and family :Namaste:

stacking_wk_5_1k1.JPG

anudder_1k_5_wk1.JPG

uno_mas_1k_5wk.JPG

one_stretch_phen.JPG

b_shot_stretch.JPG

anudder_1k_5_wk.JPG

Dixie_first_Goose_Lake_Run.JPG

5_week_1k.JPG

1k_5_wk_stack_start.JPG

Wow things are really coming along now, blink twice and it will be time to trim. Great job on these girls. Feeding bloom stop the def symptoms?

Thanks ShiggityFlip, yes I have always been a feeder at half recommended so I upped the amount to full as on the bottle not the schedule, added some CalMag & in the next with just water added Hydroguard as well. That's my new rotation looks like I will get one more feeding in and then we will be straight to water for the finish which hopefully is around March 3rd. I have been adding a tablespoon per gallon of Molasses last 2 feedings as well. I have one plant that is mutant looking don't know what it's deal is, like putting on popcorn all over the tops as well but just going to continue the process and see where she ends up. I will say that I had earlier said the 600 wasn't seeming to perform as well as the 1000 watt, but when I moved all but one into the 1k tent and left 1 plant in the 600 tent, that one may finish before them all, she's a showoff now.

:wood: for a strong finish

Busy night. 1st off got 10 White WidowxBB seeds soaking, to supplement if I have a bad clone return or for just keeping it going on. Transplanted the 6 choice clones from Green Crack and Critical Kush to1 gallon pots. Moved them into the veg tent with the new clones which are 5 each of the Cheese Candy, The Purps, C'99, & 707 Truth Headband. Pulled and checked all plants in the 5x5 have one that seems to be coming out of an overwater or something thingy, all the others look elfin' marvelous. Did a bit of moving around with the 7 that were switched to 12/12 last night (they are loving the roominess) and the one Critical Kush in there with them. Any who a few pics and off to work for a 4 days.

The one problem child:

IMG_20160210_240751465.jpg

The 4x4 600 watt with the newly switched gang of 7 and the one CK:

IMG_20160210_244708736_HDR.jpg

The newley transplanted clones:

IMG_20160209_225830335.jpg

just some good ole' Bud P:

IMG_20160210_241706779.jpg

IMG_20160210_241356410.jpg

IMG_20160210_241651301_1_.jpg

IMG_20160210_241546288.jpg

IMG_20160210_241346547.jpg

IMG_20160210_241350947.jpg

IMG_20160210_241156227.jpg

IMG_20160210_240755669_HDR.jpg

looking like a :party: & smelling :yummy:

Nite/morning all

Looking good mate... Whats the problem child, genetics?... Starting to frost up, nice... Enjoy work brother...

Looking good mate... Whats the problem child, genetics?... Starting to frost up, nice... Enjoy work brother...

Problem child is Green Crack Grizz, I think I filmed her too often, actually by mistake and then her drainage may be something to do with it. All were only topped twice, but her I think If'ed up and missed both times, or it's just a bad pheno, might experiment with her if she doesn't start acting right. Though she does seem to be coming out of it somewhat. Yeah good tho be back @ the old boat, the flood had us shut down for a month having to work with the road crew which really sucked. Now that hunting season for the most part is over and it's too wet for logging we kinda kick back and relax on the boat.

:slide:

Ok, so a weekly update from the "SUGAR SHACK", most everything just keeps on coming together, stacking well, with the exception of a couple of the two tallest plants, a bit concerned that these two will not fill the gaps in their two main tops, but otherwise they are filling in nicely on all other branches, top spots.

My problem child :hmmmm: well I dunno know, sometime times just want to kick her out of the tent to make room, then on the other hand she's gonna make some buds albeit small, be lucky to get a 1/2 ounce off her I'm thinking.

My 7 vegging that were put into 4x4 under 600 flower cycle are @ a week and starting to show and have also filled this room quite nicely and are beginning to start their stretch. They are in with a Kush that is really tightening up and looks like she may finish first, gonna be a beauty that one. My 7 that will go next into the 5x5 under the 1k are in 2.5 gallon nursery pots, I've done a bunch of searching and find many have success with 3 gallon pots but seeing nothing on 2.5 gallons. I had thought to transplant (researched that too, and seems ok to transplant a week or two into flower, yes?) but they are doing so well and have less than 2 months to finish. What would you guys do, transplant to 5 gallons or leave 'em like they are? I don't want to mess 'em up and really think the main difference in pot size would just be more feeding and watering?

After adding the 1k to the 5x5 along with the inline 460cfm fan my damn electric bill jumped up a whole fun ticket ($100), I know it's only a zip over a 3 month run but hey it's a lil' much. So here's what I've done. In my 2x4 veg clone tent (was not working well for the clones anyway) with a 400 watt I replaced that last night with a 4 tube (T8) 4 foot Flouro with 4 6500k @ 2850 lumens ea. light and shelved the 400. Now I'm thinking to pull the 600 after this harvest when I rotate to 5x5 and make my 4x4 a veg & clone tent having the 400 along with (2) of the 4 foot (4) tube flouros (T8's) in there and only running the 400 watt for the last couple of weeks at most before flip and move in the 5x5 with the 1K, (I've also thought to move the 600 watt in the 5x5 instead of the 1k). Decisions decisions, any who all thoughts and experiences appreciated. I do believe I will not run 9 in 5 gallons in the 5x5 anymore, I can still handle it but like to see them with a little bit more spacing, thinking six or 7 for a max in that tent.

My 10 White Widows x BigBud I popped in 6 days ago are all up but 2 of them as of this morning, so I'll have some 2 footers ready for the outdoors as well as fill ins for any problems in the upcoming rotation down the road. My pics really sucked as the lights had been on a while, but promise to get some good ones just before lights on tonight. Going out to install A/C unit today and finish up a touch of electrical work and a good cleanup in the Sugar Shack

These girls are @ 40 days of flower both are labeled as 55-58 day finishers, we'll see, I am watering with only a touch of Calmag and Hydroguard very other water then using general feeding of Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom with 1 tablespoon of Molasses/gal the other watering. Should I keep up the Molasses? I only see about 2 possibly 3 more nutrient feedings in their future before it's water only time.

Thanks for your input and thoughts as always my 420 Brethren'

:green_heart:

A shot of my problem child a Green Crack gone weirdo:

IMG_20160215_213119328_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_221850037_HDR.jpg

Some shitty 5x5 yellow pics:

IMG_20160215_221845022_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_221837815.jpg

IMG_20160215_221831084.jpg

IMG_20160215_213107696_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_213114789_HDR.jpg

My taller two, think they will fill in? Extra bloom nutes? other ideas? leave 'em be?:

IMG_20160215_222452102.jpg

IMG_20160215_222411447.jpg

IMG_20160215_213215014.jpg

The 4x4 with the 7 one week into flip and the solo beauty of a Critical Kush under the 600:

IMG_20160215_213301895_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_213247029_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_213225651_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_213239501_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_213231813_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_213235832_HDR.jpg

And lastly the 2x4 with new light and the 6 clones waiting their turn, topped last night @ 5th node:

IMG_20160215_221721900_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_221713426_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160215_213309843_HDR.jpg

:slide:

Geez... that Green Crack, she is having a very bad hair day. Sometimes some of those scrawny freaks will have extra sticky and potent little buds on them, but I wouldn't bet on it. Probably you have the right idea to move her into the little tent and put the Kush under the 1000.
I flowered for a few years with 3 gallon pots. I would put them into flowering at about 14-18" height and they'd end up at around 25-32" high after the stretch, if that gives you some idea of size.
I grew about 9 plants per 600 watt light, with a 4' x 3'2" growing area per light.
Now, my grow, as you may know, revolves around me being away for most of the week. So pot size is 95% based on managing the watering schedule. I want them to go for 5 or 6 days before drying up. In three gallon pots this was difficult, especially for the taller plants of the bunch. At one point I tried some of those same size plants in five gallon pots. They were too big, wouldn't dry out enough before the weekends, and I had all sorts of deficiency issues from them being wet too long.
Now I grow in 7 and 10 gallon pots. (The ten gallon pots aren't 100% full and I figure they're holding about 8 gallons). Four plants per light in the same size areas I mentioned. This size area is pushing the limits of the 600 watt light. It seems a tad dim around the edges. Maybe with a larger reflector I'd cover slightly more area but I doubt I'd gain much.
My total grow area under each light is roughly 12.64 square feet. Exactly half of your 5'x5' tent. Each plant covers 1/4 of that space so has a canopy size of 3.16 square feet. Easy to measure this as they're in scrog screens.
Based on this gibberish, lol, I wouldn't expect you to cover a 5x5 space with a 600 watt light. A 1000 would be ok. Two 600s, or the 400 and a 600, would be better.
There used to be a guy on 420 who grew commercially and sold to dispensaries. He grew large plants, yielding over a pound each. He vegged under t5s only- so I'm sure that this works fine.
As for the transplanting, I've never experienced any problems transplanting whenever I felt it was needed. Quite the opposite.
My sense though is that the plants won't be putting out much root growth after the stretch, and I wouldn't expect them to have time to fill five gallon pots well. Not that this would be the end of the world- but 5 gallons seems a bit large. If they're itching for a transplant - 3.5 - 4 gallons of soil in the 5 gal pots sounds about right.
I don't really know the size of these plants you have in 2.5 gallon pots, but I suspect they'll be fine left alone. Like you said- it comes down mostly to the watering thing IMO. If you're around enough to water the little pots every 3 days or whatever they should be ok. In full 5 gallon pots you may be waiting 8 days or more between waterings which is pushing it.
Hmmm... Molasses. People usually use it up to the last week or two. Claim it does wonderful things. I use it on and off, haven't done it scientifically enough to decide the difference.
Geez- not sure if any of this helps or makes sense but hit me back if it doesn't, or if it does... :)

I'd put them into bigger pots... check your messages...

I would do the transplant. Just to lengthen watering times like weasel said. I think the longer you have the plants in the moist zone between waterings the best (in flower). Smaller pots means more watering and more time either too wet or too dry. So if the transplant can help with that then I am all for it.
I also agree I would put my best plant (CK) under the best light. A scrawny plant gets the worst light from me. No excuses for not performing. Good plants get good light. Scrawny plants get the less nice spots or get tossed. We are always low on space. Any plant that doesn't do its job gets made into butter and replaced. Teaches the other plants to do better. "Where did Tina go?" "Shhhh she was scrawny and got taken away...fatten up girls or you will be next!"

Sorry if my post was a confusing pile of crap. He he he...delirious with a cold- was too lazy to edit and reduce it to four sentences or less like it deserves.

Back
Top Bottom