Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Light leak? Don't believe so. Also, strictly 12/12 from the get go.

Why do you ask?

I saw some three bladed leaves and some leaves with very little variagation that are typical with photoperiod stress. If you're going 12/12 from seed I don't see how there could be a photoperiod issue.

It's just an obervation...a little thing. The buds look chewy, frosty and delicious. You definitely have the finished product this round.

Hi ye bud. Yes reveg is easy enough.
Just keep the popcorn buds and then
a t5 or clf. Its takes a few weeks to start new growth.
Then bobs ur uncle ? Superthrive also.

G
I saw some three bladed leaves and some leaves with very little variagation that are typical with photoperiod stress. If you're going 12/12 from seed I don't see how there could be a photoperiod issue.

It's just an obervation...a little thing. The buds look chewy, frosty and delicious. You definitely have the finished product this round.

Doc, I did notice and wondered about the "three-bladed leaves", but attributed them to "stress" from the treatment for the scale.

Also, to clarify, I meant 12/12 once I flipped them, not from seed.

G

Doc, I did notice and wondered about the "three-bladed leaves", but attributed them to "stress" from the treatment for the scale.

Also, to clarify, I meant 12/12 once I flipped them, not from seed.

It could be stress from the treatment for sure.

When you go from veg to bloom, do the lights in the veg area turn on at the same time as the lights in the bloom area?

It could be stress from the treatment for sure.

When you go from veg to bloom, do the lights in the veg area turn on at the same time as the lights in the bloom area?

Regarding "stress." Before I treated them with the AzaMax, I heavily defoliated the lower fan leaves as they were infested with the scale and I wanted to remove as much as possible. I'm thinking the defoliation and the spraying both contributed to the stress

Veg and bloom space is one and the same. Veg was 18/6, 6am-12am. 12/12 was 8am-8pm. I did a time shift from veg to bloom over the course of a few days.

Advice for the next grow?

I predict that Doc will say keep the start of day the same when switching from veg to bloom - let's see if I'm the next John Edwards?

Regarding "stress." Before I treated them with the AzaMax, I heavily defoliated the lower fan leaves as they were infested with the scale and I wanted to remove as much as possible. I'm thinking the defoliation and the spraying both contributed to the stress

Veg and bloom space is one and the same. Veg was 18/6, 6am-12am. 12/12 was 8am-8pm. I did a time shift from veg to bloom over the course of a few days.

Advice for the next grow?

Here's your problem!
Veg was 18/6, 6am-12am. 12/12 was 8am-8pm.

That's photoperiod stress! That's exactly what I thought you would say....something like that.

Next time have the lights come on the same time, IE 6AM, and change when the lights go off when you "flip." That two hour time difference is what caused your problem. I am 100% positive that's what did it.

Watch and see, next grow if veg lights turn on at 6AM, make sure the bloom lights do the same. If you want your veg lights to turn on at 8am....make sure the bloom cycle also starts at 8 AM.

Problem solved.

Brix Scale
Raspberries Poor:6 Avg:8 Good:12 Excellent:14

Well now...hey Budnoob,thanks for that bro! Ya ....these rasberries have somethin strange goin on ....i think.For one thing...they are huge!But the colour is poor and they just don't seem to have it,know what i mean? Anyhow,i'm off topic here a bit. Hey Doc....I made a huge mistake....with my two MK Ultras....Have gotten way too big! Busting out of the room already....yikes! Have only got 20" to the main lite.Both 90w. UFO's. are at the top.18" to those. All i can do is hope for very little vert.growth now.Oh Oh! I prolly should throw up a couple pics of em...so ya can see what i mean!Cheers guys! Goin for a kipper eh! and a stella!:high-five:

Well now...hey Budnoob,thanks for that bro! Ya ....these rasberries have somethin strange goin on ....i think.For one thing...they are huge!But the colour is poor and they just don't seem to have it,know what i mean? Anyhow,i'm off topic here a bit. Hey Doc....I made a huge mistake....with my two MK Ultras....Have gotten way too big! Busting out of the room already....yikes! Have only got 20" to the main lite.Both 90w. UFO's. are at the top.18" to those. All i can do is hope for very little vert.growth now.Oh Oh! I prolly should throw up a couple pics of em...so ya can see what i mean!Cheers guys! Goin for a kipper eh! and a stella!:high-five:

Large, tasteless fruit usually indicates a soil too high potassium.

Same with our crop. If you have "normal" levels of potassium the buds will be large, not very dense, and quite lacking in punch and flavor. I prefer to have smaller, super dense, flavorful, strong buds....hence High Brix.

Large, tasteless fruit usually indicates a soil too high potassium.

Same with our crop. If you have "normal" levels of potassium the buds will be large, not very dense, and quite lacking in punch and flavor. I prefer to have smaller, super dense, flavorful, strong buds....hence High Brix.

Excellent , gotcha. These H.B. buds we grow are super dense and have alot of flavour and punch! Bin smoking this MK exclusively now for nearly a yr., and i've not built up any tolerance to it ....or very little. Not sick of it yet....says alot eh!Have a great night and thanks again.

Doc

Is it time for some sort of grow rescue miracle, or do I need to be patient still?

The plants are about the least frostiest scrawniest ones I have grown so far.

Fed water only for 2x after someones input about too frequent feeding a few pages back.

6.5 weeks in and the Dinachem is fading. Almost all of the leaf have turned yellow and fallen off. Not much left to spray, the real small leaf are fading yellow also. Might be the nature of the plant, but never saw yellowing on the sugar leaf like this. The nugs are decent compared to the other plants, and they are light green.

The UnderdogOG and Ultrasour are a little healthier, not as many leaf falling, but some. nothing resembling a shine on any of the plants.

And the Vanilla Kush is way under achieving compared to the last time I grew her.

They all just look under nourished. Might the age of the kit be the culprit?

I know, I'm spoiled having so much success with healthy robust plants.

Any suggestions?

Doc

Is it time for some sort of grow rescue miracle, or do I need to be patient still?

Fed water only for 2x after someones input about too frequent feeding a few pages back.

6.5 weeks in and the Dinachem is fading. Almost all of the leaf have turned yellow and fallen off. Not much left to spray, the real small leaf are fading yellow also. Might be the nature of the plant, but never saw yellowing on the sugar leaf like this. The nugs are decent compared to the other plants, and they are light green.

The UnderdogOG and Ultrasour are a little healthier, not as many leaf falling, but some. nothing resembling a shine on any of the plants.

And the Vanilla Kush is way under achieving compared to the last time I grew her.

Any suggestions?

That was me that pointed out that I feed less than you have. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I have some experience with plants that fade too early and don't seem to be properly hooked up. They typically read 12 or lower brix.

How much EWC have you used? The instructions call for 20-30 pounds per 60 gallons of soil, and I get better results from the high side. And I topdress with another three 16 oz cups when I recharge, the earlier the better for me because I have only 6 gallon pots.

Also, watering is important. Mine will yellow like a switch got thrown if I let the soil get dry. From reading Doc's and others' journals I've decided it's important to work more on soil moisture - gotta keep the root mass damp at all times to get top brix readings.

And you might try a double shot of Energy. It may not boost brix but it'll green 'em up.

That's what I've learned from my plants that have struggled in HB soil, FWIW.

:Namaste:

Wow, I have no experience with this HH, sorry I cant be any help. The only plant I have that has anything that resembles an "issue" is my ak. Some of the leaves have a weird curl to them but shes taking off like crazy. Hmmm....maybe cross contamination of some sorts? I think it was curso that said he cross contaminated he drenches and they grew some funky shit inside them so he had to chuck the lot. Maybe the strain? Ive heard a lot of people complain about the dinachem and what really sucks is that I have some of those beans from dinafem. Sorry bro, wish I could be more help.

Doc

Any suggestions?

I don't know what to say....pics might help.

Tell me about your environment, especially low temps at night.
You might try TRIPLING the TEA and using a double feeding of Transplant to get the soil revved up again.

Unless the products were stored in a hot shed or something there is nothing wrong with them.

As to healthy, robust plants....that's kinda the norm with high brix. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

What kind of pots are you using?

Back
Top Bottom