Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thanks Doc! I re-read the "Watering Technique for Vegetative Growth" and it reminded me to dunk the #1's but have already been doing wet dry cycle. I guess I'll know when they'll be ready for their new homes. I will not miss checking ph and using ph up and down! I'll keep my rake handy just in case.....

Thanks Doc! I re-read the "Watering Technique for Vegetative Growth" and it reminded me to dunk the #1's but have already been doing wet dry cycle. I guess I'll know when they'll be ready for their new homes. I will not miss checking ph and using ph up and down! I'll keep my rake handy just in case.....

Post photos here and I'll help you. You want a lot of roots. You also want strong stems Like this:

IMG_97942.jpg
IMG_9793.jpg
IMG_9795.JPG
IMG_97961.JPG

Post photos here and I'll help you. You want a lot of roots. You also want strong stems Like this:

IMG_97942.jpg
IMG_9793.jpg
IMG_9795.JPG
IMG_97961.JPG

Ya' know....as a soon-to-be-reformed "hydro guy" I really feel like you're rubbing my face in it, now!!! :thedoubletake:
+REPS! :bravo:

Ya' know....as a soon-to-be-reformed "hydro guy" I really feel like you're rubbing my face in it, now!!! :thedoubletake:
+REPS! :bravo:

Once you get High Brix dialed in....and it won't take you more than a cycle or two....you'll wonder what they hell you were doing in hydro. The flavors will be very different.

But, truth be told, a really well run hydro set up will make the frankenstrains come out really well. High Brix will make some of the older, less exotic, more pure strains very special....to the point where they become unique and brand new.

If you have people who rely on you to grow, they'll tell you what's up pretty fast. Also, most high brix smokers report much better lung function than before.

Hello Doc,
Still doing the same Way washing buds? Or have you been tinkering with other methods?other mixing Solutions?
Must be easy agatating those bud with STEMS like chop sticks or baseball bats. ;)
Nice work!
Three year old post this is.
Just start reading all this fantastic informative thread from the beginning just marinading in knowledge.
Thank for all your time and effort!
I left the pictures you posted after the bud washer demo.
Maybe to bring back memories of all the stains you mastered.
You are a Champion!

Ps: How was that Thai ? "Champagne" you were going to name it?
Thanks again.

Bud Washing!

Washing your produce is about the smartest thing you can do. I've only recently "discovered" it....I always wash garden produce.....gee, why not wash my favorite herb too?

This process will yield the following benefits:

1.)more even dry, much better cure
2.)pristine, washed trim.
3.)easier harvesting...15% easier IMO.
4.)MUCH BETTER FLAVOR I can't stress this enough. It tastes incredible if you wash all the crap off.

Recipe:

Three 5 gallon buckets. I like the first bucket to be white....but it's not necessary. I just like to see how dirty the water is getting.

Fill all three buckets with RO....a couple inches from the top.
To the first bucket, add 1/2 cup baking soda and just over 1/4 cup lemon juice.

Stir vigorously.

After harvesting the plant, take off fan leaves, dead leaves, wimply buds and leaves that look like they might rot. (shouldn't have any of these) Leave everything else on.

Dip into the first bucket, with the lemon juice and soda. Agitate the buds up and down, try to spin them....make sure they get good and saturated for at least 30-45 seconds.

Gently pick them up, let them drip and drain and put them in the second bucket for 30 seconds, drip/drain and then into the third bucket for 30 seconds. They are fine to hang at this point. Feel free to shake off excess water.

Dry as usual. Thank me publicly here after you try the first harvest. (optional step)

Picture_01595.jpg
Picture_01673.jpg
Picture_01880.jpg
Picture_01773.jpg
Picture_02172.jpg

And now some garden shots.

I've discovered how much is too much with the cationic drench. Interestingly, I don't think it hurt the buds one bit....but the leaves have suffered. Some of the plants are quite resinous and getting more so. This is fun!

Picture_02854.jpg
Picture_02755.jpg
Picture_013108.jpg
Picture_012118.jpg
Picture_009131.jpg
Picture_008136.jpg
Picture_007147.jpg
Picture_006164.jpg
Picture_005177.jpg
Picture_003193.jpg
Picture_001195.jpg

And finally a rare view of the curing room.

Picture_03053.jpg
Picture_02951.jpg
Picture_02567.jpg
Picture_02463.jpg
Picture_02361.jpg
Picture_02259.jpg
Picture_02079.jpg
Picture_014109.jpg

Hello Doc,
Still doing the same Way washing buds? Or have you been tinkering with other methods?other mixing Solutions?
Must be easy agatating those bud with STEMS like chop sticks or baseball bats. ;)
Nice work!
Three year old post this is.
Just start reading all this fantastic informative thread from the beginning just marinading in knowledge.
Thank for all your time and effort!
I left the pictures you posted after the bud washer demo.
Maybe to bring back memories of all the stains you mastered.
You are a Champion!

Ps: How was that Thai ? "Champagne" you were going to name it?
Thanks again.

Hey there The!

I'm still washing buds the same way!

Champagne was in the rotation for about a year. Then it was out for about a year, and i brought it back for another year....and now it's out again.

It's a great strain! I love it. But it was replaced with Punta Rojo Colombian....a very fine Sativa....and now I'm looking to replace the Colombian. I like to keep things fresh and new, except for Lemon Paki which is always the best thing ever. I'll always have Lemon Paki, God willing.

Hey Doc
Since my soil has been cooking almost 4 weeks now and it will still be several more before I can use it I have a question.
I threw a trimmed fan in there and a day later the Hi Brix soil has it looking like this.
420-magazine-mobile1313842255.jpg

My question is would it be ok that I keep feeding the soil more of them? Or would you advise against it? That leaf is now totally gone lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

IMG_97942.jpg
IMG_9793.jpg
IMG_9795.JPG
IMG_97961.JPG

As I am lying here in bed I start thinking about my plants chillin in some solos right now. More specifically im thinking about my plants roots. I'm thinking that my 1gal smart pots aren't tall enough to get the deep roots I want. Well let's check out some of the threads. I read BKlingers post about the 1 gal square pots so I venture to find said post and instead here is doc showing off them deep square roots. Nifty!

Those pots seem small (1 gal?) and those are veg plants right? Dunno, I would like to get a different 1gal pot. I was so afraid of over watering, which in reality was way easy to avoid. I was afraid of a rigid pot holding more moisture so 1gal smart pot it was. Could have been inexperience for sure, but my root ball didn't go down deep on either pot.

Btw, I'll have to be in line for some more Recharge. Gotta start cooking some first run soil!

Back
Top Bottom