Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey guys hows every1 been doing good i hope. Well i got a question about my 2 highbrix girls i got going from seedsman. Its the Critical Purple Kush and the Alaskan Purple. i have them in ten gallon pots and they are looking like this. I already did a rescue drench on there last feeding an they still look kinda messed up. The Critical Purple Kush is getting her color back but still kinda droopy and the Alaskan Purple her leaves are still going yellow. So idk what i should do but i know id like to get them looking better b4 i make the flip. Plus i wana make sure i get some monsters so i can see what this 480w QB light can really do lol.

So up first we got my Alaskan Purple.

Then here we got the C.P.K

If any1 could help me out i would greatly appreciate it thanx every1.

Hey guys hows every1 been doing good i hope. Well i got a question about my 2 highbrix girls i got going from seedsman. Its the Critical Purple Kush and the Alaskan Purple. i have them in ten gallon pots and they are looking like this. I already did a rescue drench on there last feeding an they still look kinda messed up. The Critical Purple Kush is getting her color back but still kinda droopy and the Alaskan Purple her leaves are still going yellow. So idk what i should do but i know id like to get them looking better b4 i make the flip. Plus i wana make sure i get some monsters so i can see what this 480w QB light can really do lol.

So up first we got my Alaskan Purple.

Then here we got the C.P.K

If any1 could help me out i would greatly appreciate it thanx every1.

Issues are almost always environmental. What are your day and night temps/rH?

When not environmental, issues are due to root development problems, usually caused by over watering or having the pots in contact with a heat sink, like a cold concrete floor, or poorly insulated from a cold, concrete floor.

In this particular case the "fix" is thus:

1. Prune off lower leaves and branches, leaving the top 3 nodes only....if you're going to veg another week. If not, leave the top 4 nodes intact and bloom.

2. Wet/Dry emphasis if vegging another week and for the first 2 waterings in bloom.

Clearly, the root mass isn't up to par. Get those unwanted, unneeded leaves and branches off so the roots won't have as much to feed.

Hey Doc and gang.
Just found my fav. spot in the whole world. Its on u tube...go figure eh gang. I took Gray and M there last time .Its where Gray chatted for a long time to some cat named Delbert Jackson.....
Check it out...hope to take Neiko and K there this trip.
Check out Whoopies in Negril.
Let me know wat yal think.
I plan on doing some serious chillin there very soon.

Evenin ya'l. A thought or two on watering your/our plants.
After we figure out how much water the pot will hold , and you start watering that amount thru veg ...they start to grow faster , drinking more . Just water one day earlier ...as they grow and get even bigger, again , water one day earlier, until they are at the maximum they will drink thru bloom. This goes for all pot sizes , no exceptions.
Some DBHBB Super Lemon Haze...10 days out.

is this greenhouse genetics ? fem or reg

I went and looked through your journal. Up canned on 12/23 so yeah, time to flip. Amazing job brother!

Thank you ween! I've posted new pics in my journal and appreciate your comments :) How's your week going for ya? Hope you have a great friday! :thumb:

Depending on the strain I water every 2-4 days in the final pots. Most plants get water every 3rd day, but I have had some that it is every other day basically. Then there are plants that can go a week or more. How big are your plants? 15s should be plenty big enough for most indoor plants. If you feel you have enough space taken up with plant matter then by all means go ahead and flip bud! It just sounds to me like your plants are thirsty every 3 days. how much are you giving them at a time? When I was in 15s I was using 2 gallons of water per pot per watering.

That sounds just about right, same as my situation. My plants are taking up majority of the room just by pulling them down and spread em out. Now at the moment, they just need to grow some vertical before bud season starts. The plants were measured today. Each plants are a little over 4.5ft x 4.5ft wide x length and they sit about 3 ft 4in tall from the ground to the top of the plants. Two plants alone is taking up half the room lol. Hmm i'm tempted to keep going, let them going for another week before flip. Show em what they can do in 15 gal's :morenutes:and pray we can get away with it without bigger pots.

My plants are taking probably 3 gals of water each. So i make a 10 gal mix and water each plants until there's some run off. I dont let them have standing water for extended period of time and they usually have a dry saucer within a few hours later. What ever is left in my mixing bin is probably a little over half gal, definitely no more than 1 gal. i toss those on the house plants and they seem to be happy with it.

Evenin ya'l. A thought or two on watering your/our plants.
After we figure out how much water the pot will hold , and you start watering that amount thru veg ...they start to grow faster , drinking more . Just water one day earlier ...as they grow and get even bigger, again , water one day earlier, until they are at the maximum they will drink thru bloom. This goes for all pot sizes , no exceptions.
Some DBHBB Super Lemon Haze...10 days out.

I don't mind early watering nor the increase in watering long as the plants continue with their wet/dry cycle and stop wilting. Think I've got a week or two left available for veg time. also I'm thinking (please mark me me if this is wrong) that if my plants could produce bigger, fatter buds due to more frequent wet/dry cycle during its lifetime compared to its potential larger final pot( maybe 30 gal?). The 30 gal's probably would stay moist for longer period of time and won't need another drink for a while longer. :morenutes::cheesygrinsmiley:

If my plants are not up canned what's the worst case scenario that i could be facing in the future?

First thing you'll probably say is root bound. I do not disagree with you and I can see root bound become an issue for growth. However I'm almost there finish with growth, just need to start budding soon. If i can avoid doing the work - transferring 15's into larger home like a 30 or sumthin... that's gonna be fantastic lol. oh man, for that job i can already feel my back going out haha .

Issues are almost always environmental. What are your day and night temps/rH?

When not environmental, issues are due to root development problems, usually caused by over watering or having the pots in contact with a heat sink, like a cold concrete floor, or poorly insulated from a cold, concrete floor.

In this particular case the "fix" is thus:

1. Prune off lower leaves and branches, leaving the top 3 nodes only....if you're going to veg another week. If not, leave the top 4 nodes intact and bloom.

2. Wet/Dry emphasis if vegging another week and for the first 2 waterings in bloom.

Clearly, the root mass isn't up to par. Get those unwanted, unneeded leaves and branches off so the roots won't have as much to feed.

Ok well at lights off right now its 54% rh an 57°f which normally it doesnt get so low temps at lights off but ive been tryn to drop temps some to get my other mandarin cookies to start throwing out some color lol. But yea i can get it alil warmer during lights off if needed. And as 4 wen the lights are on it is between 77°f an 82°f i usually get it stable at about 77°f 78°f an it will sit there unless it all of a sudden gets hot out tht day then my temps rise an so forth but for the most part it stays around 77°f and the rh% is around mid to high 40s at lights on. But for the girls ill get in there 2day an take any branches that wont make it to the light and all the lower stuff an i cud veg them some more since im wait ting for the other girls 2 catch up anyway. So if i understand u right u suggest i take off all but the top 3 or 4 nodes an continue to veg for atleast another week or so ill prolly end up going alil longer since im wanting my other girls 2 catch up.

I have two plants - a White Widow & a Maui Wowie - that have a similar leaf issue going on that I could use some help with. The WW is day 46 from seed, Maui 60 days. They are in second run soil and the only difference is their age. I have other WW and MWs and they are not showing this. The Maui was transplanted to a 7 gal pot this weekend. The WW will be transplanted next weekend.

My environment is pretty decent - day temps range between 70-80°, night 68-75°. Humidity 50-60% days, 40-50 nights. Leaves effected are generally low on the plant, but can occur mid plant. At first I thought it might be Stress residue left on the top of the leaves as I’ve seen it leave burned-like spots before. I now give each plant a good spray of plain water after a few minutes to flush off any remaining.

This issue has plagued me nearly every grow. I shared this with Doc last year and after reviewing my methods, determined I was watering incorrectly. I was double dunking them for to long a period. After getting the watering back on track things cleared up. I now set the pot in the drench, fill to approx. ¾ of the pot height, add drench water on the top and set a timer for 30 sec. I drain the pot giving each corner 30 seconds or more and then angle the pot in a small pail and let it drip until is stops.

Growth overall is good, all new growth is very healthy. I tend to feed drenches on the high end. My gut tells me these plants are feeding on themselves. Does this make sense? Any thoughts?

A15D842F-7C5C-48E2-9010-36E14173B954.jpeg

Ok well at lights off right now its 54% rh an 57°f which normally it doesnt get so low temps at lights off but ive been tryn to drop temps some to get my other mandarin cookies to start throwing out some color lol. But yea i can get it alil warmer during lights off if needed. And as 4 wen the lights are on it is between 77°f an 82°f i usually get it stable at about 77°f 78°f an it will sit there unless it all of a sudden gets hot out tht day then my temps rise an so forth but for the most part it stays around 77°f and the rh% is around mid to high 40s at lights on. But for the girls ill get in there 2day an take any branches that wont make it to the light and all the lower stuff an i cud veg them some more since im wait ting for the other girls 2 catch up anyway. So if i understand u right u suggest i take off all but the top 3 or 4 nodes an continue to veg for atleast another week or so ill prolly end up going alil longer since im wanting my other girls 2 catch up.

I wouldn’t go below like 64 degrees at night at MOST imo, your roots will get cold and plants will get unhappy

57 degrees at night is the issue. Case solved. Next?

Just a quick update to my previous post. Here are some pics of the two plants. Meant to post last night but my meds kicked in and I lost my focus. (Probably never happens to anyone else, right?) :cough: White Widow followed by the Maui.

69C836F6-E8B0-4848-9D21-AD13C4CD46FE.jpeg
DC5A145B-E8C4-44F9-A951-E80BE5843CD2.jpeg
DFA54C8A-21BB-4926-856D-B34D99B903EB.jpeg
B569FCF1-4645-4F4D-900A-26F84CB14D63.jpeg

Very strange.....you're doing everything right too.

The appear to suffer from wet feet.....but your watering method is fine.

I'd prune them, let them dry way, way out to the point where they lose turgor and then water them.

Also, emphasize GI drench over Transplant. Definitely use Transplant, but emphasize GI.

57 degrees at night is the issue. Case solved. Next?
Me next Doc. I am having trouble. PM sent. If you could swing by my journal and give my latest pictures a look.

1. Prune all the lower stuff off. Leave the top 6 nodes intact since you're started blooming.
2. As I said in the PM: your rH is far too low. They'll suffer no matter what when it's that dry.

3. I've repeated this mantra many times and will no doubt repeat it many times in the future:

The number 1 most important thing in growing success is the Environment.
The number 2 most important thing is........the Environment
#3 most important......Environment
5. environment
6. Soil
7. "Nutes"

If you can correct the first 5 most important things magic will be the result. Even so, if you remove that lower growth you'll improve. Just don't mess with the tops.

Just a quick update to my previous post. Here are some pics of the two plants. Meant to post last night but my meds kicked in and I lost my focus. (Probably never happens to anyone else, right?) :cough: White Widow followed by the Maui.

69C836F6-E8B0-4848-9D21-AD13C4CD46FE.jpeg
DC5A145B-E8C4-44F9-A951-E80BE5843CD2.jpeg
DFA54C8A-21BB-4926-856D-B34D99B903EB.jpeg
B569FCF1-4645-4F4D-900A-26F84CB14D63.jpeg

Hi Mike,

My first impression is the plant looks overwatered. When I see the interveinal “puffy” leaf tissue like you have, it tells me that the plants are not getting a proper wet/dry cycle, and the roots are not happy. Believe me I’ve done this countless times. how dry are you letting them get before you give a drink or drench?

ive gotten those brown spots on flowering plants, and ive come to learn it is usually an issue with the roots. Maybe overwatered, or under developed Because of poor watering tech. I use to think it was the foliars, but they don’t do that when applied correctly, fine mist under the leaves. I even apply foliars lights on now with no problems.

id let them really dry out, like just before leaf wilt, and do a rescue drench.

take care bud

Ok the 4 females of this run are at 55 days.
PCS Meow.

some pics with and without the flash

breeder claims 9 weeks, they look like they are on track.

Back
Top Bottom