DrDankNstien's Perpetual High Brix & SuperSoil Grow With TopLed's Custom Mars II

Flower room update.
Temps 75 - 69 degrees
RH 40%
Co2 1200 - 1500 ppm's
Things are coming along nicely, the 4 HB timewrecks did not appear to be fixing themselves, they are still pale green so I decided to add 1.5 cups of castings per 10 gallon pot, they should start to get some lush green color back soon but other than that they are still praying to the lights and seem to be right on track for day 22 of flower.
7637.JPG
8498.JPG
14264.JPG
12394.JPG
13288.JPG
10392.JPG
111026.JPG
15240.JPG
16230.JPG
17208.JPG
These are the 8 Ball Kush in Supersoil, they have only been fed water and yucca right from the get go.
18196.JPG
19182.JPG
This is the branch I pollinated with Timewreck pollen, looks like my first attempt at pollenchucking was a success. Im looking forward to growing some Wrecking Ball Kush :)
20154.JPG
21617.JPG
22198.JPG
Unpollinated nug same plant.
23179.JPG
and these are the 2 phenos of Timewreck getting sinthetic nutes, the first one is my fav, the trych production on this plant is just rediculous, I can see why Subcool likes this one for hash because it makes so much more of it than other strains.
24163.JPG
25158.JPG
26157.JPG
27151.JPG
28145.JPG
29144.JPG
30108.JPG
31430.JPG
32145.JPG
33151.JPG
34144.JPG
Pheno #2, still a nice frosty dense plant but its not as nice as the first to me lol
35141.JPG
36131.JPG
37135.JPG
38132.JPG
39126.JPG
40105.JPG
41140.JPG
42141.JPG
43127.JPG
44134.JPG
Have a Dank Day :tokin:

Flower room update.
Temps 75 - 69 degrees
RH 40%
Co2 1200 - 1500 ppm's
Things are coming along nicely, the 4 HB timewrecks did not appear to be fixing themselves, they are still pale green so I decided to add 1.5 cups of castings per 10 gallon pot, they should start to get some lush green color back soon but other than that they are still praying to the lights and seem to be right on track for day 22 of flower.
7637.JPG
8498.JPG
14264.JPG
12394.JPG
13288.JPG
10392.JPG
111026.JPG
15240.JPG
16230.JPG
17208.JPG
These are the 8 Ball Kush in Supersoil, they have only been fed water and yucca right from the get go.
18196.JPG
19182.JPG
This is the branch I pollinated with Timewreck pollen, looks like my first attempt at pollenchucking was a success. Im looking forward to growing some Wrecking Ball Kush :)
20154.JPG
21617.JPG
22198.JPG
Unpollinated nug same plant.
23179.JPG
and these are the 2 phenos of Timewreck getting sinthetic nutes, the first one is my fav, the trych production on this plant is just rediculous, I can see why Subcool likes this one for hash because it makes so much more of it than other strains.
24163.JPG
25158.JPG
26157.JPG
27151.JPG
28145.JPG
29144.JPG
30108.JPG
31430.JPG
32145.JPG
33151.JPG
34144.JPG
Pheno #2, still a nice frosty dense plant but its not as nice as the first to me lol
35141.JPG
36131.JPG
37135.JPG
38132.JPG
39126.JPG
40105.JPG
41140.JPG
42141.JPG
43127.JPG
44134.JPG
Have a Dank Day :tokin:

Beautiful! Great job!

First time ever hearing of this.

If you can send an email to webmaster@420magazine.com with step by step on everything specifically you are doing, with screenshots and all, I can send it to the software developer and ask what the issue could be. I'll need to know what exact buttons/icons you are clicking on in every step of the way, so we can attempt re-create your problem. :thumb:

im really getting sick of all my pics getting scrambled when I upload them, turns a 10 minute update into an hr long ordeal. I take the time to put them all in order before uploading them but once they're in my gallery they get all mixed up, pain in the ass bigtime!

Hey bro

I know all this info what im about to ask is already in here but please humor me as i dont have enough time to re-read.

How may lights in total in flower room?, How many plants? (its hard to tell in pics), What width and height do they usually finish up at? I know u pot 3 times, at what intervals from rooted clone do u do this? and what would u expect fina dry weights to be?

The reason i ask is that im trying to decide if vegging longer and growing less plants will benefit me over growing many smaller plants. Currently im thinking of doing 4 plants per 600w in my new build, but im wondering how 1 plant 1 light would compare with 8 weeks veg? U know im not one for vegging long times, only plants ive vegged 8 weeks+ are mothers.

I will definately be switching to LEDs around may. How many mars ll or equivalent would u recommend dor switching out 12 600w hps?

Cheers bro

Oh and this will be coco only in this new space for now.

How many mars ll or equivalent would u recommend dor switching out 12 600w hps?

I've done a fair bit of research on the Mars II lights, and although this is just an educated guess, i would say you would be looking at 12 x 900w units, or around 8 x 1200w to replace 12 x 600w hps. This might seem over the top but personally i am going for more wattage with my LED setup.

It obviously depends on the size of your grow area, but from what i have read a 1200w only covers 4x4 comfortably. I run a 5x5 tent and am looking at 1600w (4 x 400w) of Mars II's for that space. The actual draw from these is around 180w each, so i won't be saving much on electricity when compared to a 1000w hps in the same area, but i am more concerned with the temperature and bulb life advantages, not to mention the fact that it is one light with all necessary spectrums.

Just my 2 cents :)

Looking Great as always.

Your Timewreck pheno #1 looks like it has the same budding characteristics of the Hawaiian Snow I growing, but you growing them A LOT better then me.
Thanks Crawdaddy:Namaste:those 2 look really good because im growing them the way I know well, sinthetic nutes. The 8bk's in supersoil are also looking decent, im still convinced the mix is wrong because of the base soil I used but im looking into making my own base soil to make supersoil with.The Timewrecks in HB im not happy with, hopefully the castings help. I think the next batch I mix I ll be using double the casting because I veg my plants longer than most the N just runs out but then again I could be completely wrong lol..im hoping Doc will chime in here:)

First time ever hearing of this.

If you can send an email to webmaster@420magazine.com with step by step on everything specifically you are doing, with screenshots and all, I can send it to the software developer and ask what the issue could be. I'll need to know what exact buttons/icons you are clicking on in every step of the way, so we can attempt re-create your problem. :thumb:
Ok thanks Rob will do.

Hey bro

I know all this info what im about to ask is already in here but please humor me as i dont have enough time to re-read.

How may lights in total in flower room?, How many plants? (its hard to tell in pics), What width and height do they usually finish up at? I know u pot 3 times, at what intervals from rooted clone do u do this? and what would u expect fina dry weights to be?

The reason i ask is that im trying to decide if vegging longer and growing less plants will benefit me over growing many smaller plants. Currently im thinking of doing 4 plants per 600w in my new build, but im wondering how 1 plant 1 light would compare with 8 weeks veg? U know im not one for vegging long times, only plants ive vegged 8 weeks+ are mothers.

I will definately be switching to LEDs around may. How many mars ll or equivalent would u recommend dor switching out 12 600w hps?

Cheers bro

Oh and this will be coco only in this new space for now.
Ok right now theres four big lights and the little COB in the middle just for the hell of it and theres 8 plants. They are about half the size that I like to grow them because I just got this room going and I had to many plants in veg, something flowering is always better than nothing flowering lol..once the perpetual is running properly there will only be 6 large plants in that room, 3 zones of two 3 weeks apart. They will veg 63 days and flower 63 days and should yield somewhere around 10 -14 oz each or 1 gpw.

When your growing perpetual style it really doesnt matter how long u veg because the flower room is always full, wether you have 20 smaller plants in there or 5 monsters makes no difference really, your still harvesting each zone at the same time. With bigger plants it will just take you a bit longer to get up and running. Im running 3 zones in the veg room same as the flower room, 3 weeks per zone with a transplant each zone.I like monsters because I find it ALOT easier to deal with, for me theres only 6 plants to water instead of say 24, theres only 6 plants to defoliate ect ect and theres just something about arm size colas that does it for me lol..as long as the room is full the weights should be simillar with less big plants or more smaller ones it just boils down to what you like best.

Honestly...If I had your room and the coin to do what I wanted with it I would go with 12 240 x 5w Mars II, they only draw around 520w so you save a bit there and some more on the duct fans but if the rooms are already paying for themselves using your 600w hps why not match the wattage with Led's and potentially increase your yield by 30% give or take, being a comercial grower your trying to get as much as you can out of your space and I dont find these Mars II cover a 4 x 4 that well more like 3.5 x 3.5 core coverage,12 of them in your room would mean complete core coverage, this will make a huge difference with your secondaries, Curso and I were just talking about that today, he was impressed with the size and density of the secondaries on his plants with his Mars II, once you get outside that 3.5 x 3.5 core penetration gets weak pretty quick. Its worth getting the bigger lights bro trust me on that:)

When your growing perpetual style it really doesnt matter how long u veg because the flower room is always full, wether you have 20 smaller plants in there or 5 monsters makes no difference really, your still harvesting each zone at the same time. With bigger plants it will just take you a bit longer to get up and running.

Thanks for pointing this out - people get confused. I'm getting 0.8gr/watt with my 600hps in a 4x4, with 6-7 plants that each yield 2.5+ oz. The room yield really isn't affected by how big or small the plants are once the perpetual is running. You just need a bigger veg space for bigger plants.

Lookin' great as always!

I like monsters lol..I veg 63 days and average 12 - 16 oz per plant give or take, I find its easier to do a perpetual with less large plants than 4 times as many smaller plants, less soil, less training, less watering,less mess, theres just something about a 1 pd indoor plant that does it for me. Everybody figures out what tecnique works best for them eventually, then its all about perfecting that tecnique and getting the most out of it:)

I totally agree I run a perpetual garden with 60 plants right now. and big plants that go 12-16 OZ are way better than tons of little ones. especially in MI we have limits on count but they can be as big as you want them to be

Thanks Dr

yeah i get the whole perpetual thing, i just want to pull the biggest numbers with quality as poss. I know ways to make monster buds but they smoke shit and are full of chemical shit. Im just trying to get the right balance at this space.

The floor to ceiling height is quite low, prob 6'2 or there abouts. Would i hang the mars ll at head height? Also would i place panels touching each other so there was no gaps in the ceiling or would that be overkill? The cost doesnt bother me if i know it will work. If i remember rightly u had your LED panels customised, so what exact version of the panel would u recommend? If i ran 12+ panels what would u expect the room temp to be if u shut the door and had no extraction or fans running? there must be some heat?

I need to be pulling no less than 200oz per round but really i should be hitting nearer 300 as i expect 25oz per 600w hps, do u think it could be matched with LED's mate.

Thanks for pointing this out - people get confused. I'm getting 0.8gr/watt with my 600hps in a 4x4, with 6-7 plants that each yield 2.5+ oz. The room yield really isn't affected by how big or small the plants are once the perpetual is running. You just need a bigger veg space for bigger plants.

Lookin' great as always!
Thanks bro:)

those plants look fantastic. :thumb:
Thanks Hashhound:Namaste:

This is a great journal.
thanks and welcome:Namaste:

I totally agree I run a perpetual garden with 60 plants right now. and big plants that go 12-16 OZ are way better than tons of little ones. especially in MI we have limits on count but they can be as big as you want them to be
Thats a good point to for legal states, I wonder how long it will take for them to figure out were getting a pd + per plant and somehow limit the size or the weight allowed per plant. Betcha they will eventually expect you to destroy anything over the allowable weight...

DrDank you have one fine looking garden amazing looking trainwrecks great pics very nice :bravo:
Thanks for the kind words bro:Namaste:and its Tga's Timewreck:)

Happy Tokerday Dr. D :thumb:
Happy Weedsday Cronic:)

Thanks Dr

yeah i get the whole perpetual thing, i just want to pull the biggest numbers with quality as poss. I know ways to make monster buds but they smoke shit and are full of chemical shit. Im just trying to get the right balance at this space.

The floor to ceiling height is quite low, prob 6'2 or there abouts. Would i hang the mars ll at head height? Also would i place panels touching each other so there was no gaps in the ceiling or would that be overkill? The cost doesnt bother me if i know it will work. If i remember rightly u had your LED panels customised, so what exact version of the panel would u recommend? If i ran 12+ panels what would u expect the room temp to be if u shut the door and had no extraction or fans running? there must be some heat?

I need to be pulling no less than 200oz per round but really i should be hitting nearer 300 as i expect 25oz per 600w hps, do u think it could be matched with LED's mate.
How big is your space bro? you mentioned 14 lights in your pm, I would space them out evenly 6 to 8 inches apart to get that total core coverage. are you sure your cieling is 6'2? you need at least 24 inches from the panel to the canopy once the stretch is done so if you strapped them to the cieling like jon705 had them that would leave you 4.2 feet for your girls, thats plenty of space if you bush them out like I do or stick with more smaller plants. Since your perpetual you wont have to move the lights just let the plants grow up into them as they get used to the intense light. Once you know how much your strains stretch with led you will know how tall they need to be when you put them in the flower room and can adjust your veg time and training to work like a well oiled machine:)

a pound a light is fairly easy with these panels, I think that works out to 224 oz, anymore would boil down to how good your enviroment is and your strains, your an exellent grower so im sure once you get things dialed in you will get the numbers your looking for.

Back
Top Bottom