Grandpa Tokin's RDWC & Timber COBs

re: Grandpa Tokin's RDWC & Timber COBs

Your doing a good job on selling me on the dwc

Hahaha. If you do, just start small with one bucket. It’s easier than it looks. Before my first bucket was out of veg, I dumped everything soil related and went wet. I’ve not had one bit of soil in my garden ever since. You’ll have no issues.

This is a crappy video but will give you the idea behind my grow. These plants were just moved to this room. Haven't had time to clean it up.

It looks ghetto, but it'll do for now. I'll dig up some more insulation, or something to cover the rest and the res lid. When this run is complete I'm going to rattle can the PVC and wrap everything much more professional looking. Having it the way it is now my OCD is causing my eye to water and twitch...just the right eye though... :tokin:

8F25998B-6DEC-42BF-9FAC-88C5D958E98C.jpeg

That will work Gramps. One other thing you can do to insulate them, not sure about cost comparison though, is to take those swimming pool noodles that kids love to play with. Take a blade and cut it length wise and it will wrap around your PVC perfectly. Just throwing out options brother!!

48" Foam Noodle

1666334584529.png

This is a crappy video but will give you the idea behind my grow. These plants were just moved to this room. Haven't had time to clean it up.

I can’t see it for some reason. Probably because I’m on an iPad.

That will work Gramps. One other thing you can do to insulate them, not sure about cost comparison though, is to take those swimming pool noodles that kids love to play with. Take a blade and cut it length wise and it will wrap around your PVC perfectly. Just throwing out options brother!!

48" Foam Noodle

Thanks bud.

So true. Defol DOSENT seem to do much when your DWC....

They make foam insulation pre slit. Homie depot for cheap. I use them on the corners of all our furniture. Dabber is a baby proof pro .

Evening GT
Hope you don’t mind us dropping by to see what you have going on in ur garden :) I’m not versed in hydro at all but do enjoy learning. They sell a product called armorflex that is used to insulate refrigeration pipes and comes in many sizes that does a very fine job of insulating pipes. It’s a closed cell foam that is already split down it’s length (10 foot pieces)

You for sure dressed things up underneath those girls, I’m to big of a chicken shit to test that out though :rofl:

Hope your evening is going well for ya!!

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

I don't think to much. I bet in 3 days we will be able to say "Hey GT when you going to defol them plants".

Haha! It’s possible. :tokin:

So true. Defol DOSENT seem to do much when your DWC....

They make foam insulation pre slit. Homie depot for cheap. I use them on the corners of all our furniture. Dabber is a baby proof pro .

It can still be very stressful on a plant, and I’m probably not the example to use when it comes to defoliation. Hopefully I didn’t do too much harm. That’s why I do it early on.

Evening GT
Hope you don’t mind us dropping by to see what you have going on in ur garden :) I’m not versed in hydro at all but do enjoy learning. They sell a product called armorflex that is used to insulate refrigeration pipes and comes in many sizes that does a very fine job of insulating pipes. It’s a closed cell foam that is already split down it’s length (10 foot pieces)

You for sure dressed things up underneath those girls, I’m to big of a chicken shit to test that out though :rofl:

Hope your evening is going well for ya!!

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

Thank you for being here AB. I appreciate it. It’s definitely okay if you’re “not versed in hydro”... I’m not either! :jawdropper:

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions on pipe insulation. I’ve got some ideas—most of which will need to be accomplished after this run—but I’ll work it out soon. Now I’m thinking about doing a hygrohybrid one huge tote grow. I’m always thinking of crazy stuff. :tokin:

Day 4. They didn’t drink much at all last night...OMG WHY! Well, maybe because you cut the heck out of them...duh! LOL!

No issues this morning that I can see. Everything looks okay. They are starting to reach, lots of light down under, and plenty of air movement. New growth is a beautiful light green and the bud sites are beginning pistol development. The next few weeks are the most interesting to me for some reason. I love to see flower development.

Have a wonderful 420 day!

015FADE6-9D44-4934-825A-8440B8C2210A.jpeg

B68E4A90-D28D-45AE-BE63-8BADBDE99F7E.jpeg

Dabs in the morning? Don’t mind if I do...

B5918F2F-8AB9-4D3A-AED6-15EC9FBD05A1.jpeg

Lol I love your style grandpa ..

And shit that's some gnarly stem growth! Damn! Really happy to see you running this journal man, I always use your plants as inspiration ..

Glad your having fun this morning ;P . . . . . . . . .

I'll take a morning dab right there with ya! Nice defoil Gramps, newty approved! Lol they have already bounced back I bet.

I wish we could all sit around the table and share some goodness. Wouldn’t that be a hoot?

Lol I love your style grandpa ..

And shit that's some gnarly stem growth! Damn! Really happy to see you running this journal man, I always use your plants as inspiration ..

Glad your having fun this morning ;P . . . . . . . . .

What a really nice thing to say B. I appreciate that very much. I’m just so happy to be here; it’s helping to keep me young at heart. Thanks for being here B!

Back
Top Bottom