Just in Time For 4/20: 341 Free Seeds, 17 Winners, 1 Bad-Ass Gorilla!

just so ya'll know, I have been in touch with sherry. all is squared with the potm part anyways.

as for this sweet giveaway it will be someone else I think.

I personally must say I am loving my fellow primates at Gorilla. They are the fastest backed up seed vendor I have encountered :laughtwo: Nothing but great service, nice people busting their butts to keep up with demand IME. I can understand the delay.

and I'm not even saying this to get them to start stocking the Pyramid Seeds American Pie strain either lol. Although.. if there were a pay off for my endorsement.. that'd be it :)

:Namaste:

:ciao: Gypsy! American Pie strain....have you grown it? Smoked it? That sounds intriguing. :)

@rtk:
You have to get "In" the train, not "On" the train, before the tunnel. :rofl:

:ciao: Gypsy! American Pie strain....have you grown it? Smoked it? That sounds intriguing. :)

@rtk:
You have to get "In" the train, not "On" the train, before the tunnel. :rofl:

Mornin' Canna :ciao:

Never grown it. Smoked it a few times. It's joyful laughing high. Very cool and good meds as well. The flavor and aroma is amazing. Cherry Berry pie lol. I give it five crystal balls :thumb:

and hey I'm not butt kissing.. I'm brown nosing. There are some subtle differences. Although, this talk of an approaching tunnel makes me nervous in either case.

Hi Everyone :ciao:

Teddy's back again. Lovely to read all those great reviews of Gorilla. :thumb:

Further communication with the sponsor reveals that because the winners were chosen via email address on Gorilla's own site, they naturally cannot link them to a 420 Magazine username and so are unable to announce them in this thread. Makes sense to us back here. :cheesygrinsmiley: Winners are being informed via their email address.

So unless you yourself were a winner, sadly we may never know. ;)

Someone from Gorilla should be along soon.

Love and positive energy to you all.

:Namaste:

Well, apparently I'm not a wiener here. No winner email, but I have gotten emails with specials. That's cool too.

So any of you guys that do get that winning email, let us know so we can slap ya on the back and say "Gratsky's"! :)

A while ago, there was a comment about participation being the decision maker for future contests and I have to agree with that. The more participation, the more exposure for Sponsors and the more opportunities for members.

So, I put a suggestion in to the moderator staff that there be a thread dedicated to posting current on site sponsor contest links so they are easy to find and gain a lot more exposure to sponsors for participation. As it is now, we have to search for the contests and a lot of members miss out because they see them too late.

We'll see what they say, but I personally feel it would be a win-win for all.

Happy Mothers' Day to the Mommies out there!!!

:circle-of-love:

Its good saying participation is a deal maker but then having all participants do it through the website means theyll never know what sites are getting them exposure. If they are going to run a comp with winners selected based on the site, they should run the comp on that site.

I know it takes longer but its easy to see whos in based on the comments

Its good saying participation is a deal maker but then having all participants do it through the website means theyll never know what sites are getting them exposure. If they are going to run a comp with winners selected based on the site, they should run the comp on that site.

I understand your point. :) I think if it's going to be a comp that you have to go to their website to enter email addy (Of course we don't want our members revealing email addresses here on site), then the rules should state to enter at the sponsors' site and post here to let them know they entered. At least then they know the amount of participation at each site they are sponsors of if they do the same for every sponsored site.

Personally I think it's easier to announce winners chosen at random here, after the members have entered their email addy's at the site and posted here, (in this kind of comp) then PM them to ask for their email addy's to get pertinent information.

Hope that makes sense? LOL

It might be that they've got a bit of a cluster**** on their hands, lol, and that is what is causing the delay. Because people entered by their email addresses, BUT...

Because 420 Magazine is our most active & supportive forum to be included in this wicked-good comp, we've upped the number of winners from one to three to show our appreciation. Keep it up & more good stuff will be on the way!

Here's what three lucky members of 420 Magazine will win:

• 10X DinaFem Critical Jack
  • 5X Greenhouse Cheese
  • 5X DNA 24K Gold
The way the contest was advertised, they had to figure out how to draw three winners from entrants who are members of this forum. At least one other forum is also supposed to have three winners, and at least two more are supposed to have one each. So, unless people mentioned which cannabis forum they belong to, I can see the drawing process being <COUGH>interesting<COUGH>. As in, draw a bunch of names/addresses, then email them to ask which forum they are a member of... Then redraw if they didn't get lucky enough the first time to get enough potential winners to cover all the "slots" from all eight forums that they ran this contest on... Rinse/lather/repeat as needed, lol. (Wouldn't it suck to get an email stating, "Congratulations, you MIGHT have won - which cannabis forum do you belong to?" And then to answer it only to receive a second email stating, "Sorry, we have already filled our quota from there.") So I HOPE that they made sure that the entrants included their email address AND the forum that they are a member of They technically wouldn't have had to get the people's user names as well unless they felt the need to announce which member(s) of each forum won - some might not have wanted to end up linking their email address, their user name here (for example), and their physical address all together I suppose. But... IDK.

EDIT: I'm no expert at giving away things on forums, lol. But I'd probably have just stated in the first post that, to enter, members just needed to add a reply stating, "I am officially entering. Gorillas are awesome!" (or whatever). Then I would have printed up a list of every user name that entered, cut the paper up into individual names, tossed them into a hat, and drawn three out. Then I would have sent a PM to each of the three. All that would have taken me about fifteen minutes (I cut slowly, lol). Repeat for each of the other seven forums that they advertised this contest on and... Bob's your uncle ;) .

It might be that they've got a bit of a cluster**** on their hands, lol, and that is what is causing the delay. Because people entered by their email addresses, BUT...

The way the contest was advertised, they had to figure out how to draw three winners from entrants who are members of this forum. At least one other forum is also supposed to have three winners, and at least two more are supposed to have one each. So, unless people mentioned which cannabis forum they belong to, I can see the drawing process being <COUGH>interesting<COUGH>. As in, draw a bunch of names/addresses, then email them to ask which forum they are a member of... Then redraw if they didn't get lucky enough the first time to get enough potential winners to cover all the "slots" from all eight forums that they ran this contest on... Rinse/lather/repeat as needed, lol. (Wouldn't it suck to get an email stating, "Congratulations, you MIGHT have won - which cannabis forum do you belong to?" And then to answer it only to receive a second email stating, "Sorry, we have already filled our quota from there.") So I HOPE that they made sure that the entrants included their email address AND the forum that they are a member of They technically wouldn't have had to get the people's user names as well unless they felt the need to announce which member(s) of each forum won - some might not have wanted to end up linking their email address, their user name here (for example), and their physical address all together I suppose. But... IDK.

EDIT: I'm no expert at giving away things on forums, lol. But I'd probably have just stated in the first post that, to enter, members just needed to add a reply stating, "I am officially entering. Gorillas are awesome!" (or whatever). Then I would have printed up a list of every user name that entered, cut the paper up into individual names, tossed them into a hat, and drawn three out. Then I would have sent a PM to each of the three. All that would have taken me about fifteen minutes (I cut slowly, lol). Repeat for each of the other seven forums that they advertised this contest on and... Bob's your uncle ;) .

Meaning to post here to this forum for our members with the line "I am officially entering. Gorillas are awesome!" and draw the names for this forum from the thread...right?
The idea is to get as much participation from each forum as possible, and keep track of who is at which forum for the respective drawings.

Edit: Of course with this type of comp they would have to cross reference to be sure the member did actually go to their site and enter the email addy. :)

Meaning to post here to this forum for our members with the line "I am officially entering. Gorillas are awesome!" and draw the names for this forum from the thread...right?

Err... Yeah, that's what I typed (I think), lol. They could worry about names/addresses after they determined the winners and notified them via PM.

BtW, I've communicated with this company and everyone I've encountered was pleasant and helpful (including Sherry). Just thought I'd mention that.

Err... Yeah, that's what I typed (I think), lol. They could worry about names/addresses after they determined the winners and notified them via PM.

BtW, I've communicated with this company and everyone I've encountered was pleasant and helpful (including Sherry). Just thought I'd mention that.

Just wanted to clarify you meant to add that line here and not on the email entry at their site. That part wasn't clear to me personally. lol

I promised myself I'd leave this contest alone, but they had a method to the madness.
They created a separate link for each site - so, they know what emails belong to people coming from 420Mag.
I was told that all winners have been chosen & notified & that all prize packs have been mailed.

Hopefully, someone will remember to report back, but it could be that a lot of hit-it-and-quit-it winners were chosen.
I'd have no way of knowing - I was not involved in choosing, notifications or mailings.

They do have a new contest going, but to enter, you have to have an order worth 99 gbp in seeds.
Boo, right?

But, from those entries, they are going to pick 10 winners, and give each one 100 seeds from what I saw.
Don't hold me to it because everything I know is from reading the newsletter, but that's what I got out of it.
If you've placed a big order with us recently, make sure you get in on it - I'm thinking the odds might be pretty good.

Sherry

And, one more comment while I'm at it.

There are 10 pages of comments on this post. Writing down every name, making sure you get each person once, etc., etc., etc., takes more than 15 minutes. I've done it before - it's a PIA, although the happy winners make it worth it.

Their goal with this contest was to get more people signed up for our newsletter (I think?). If you're going to buy from us, the newsletter is great to have. It'll tell you about any coupon codes, special deals etc. It's mostly graphics, so you can scan it in less than a minute & either decide to toss it out or keep it for later.

Now, back to my cave - nice to see everyone.

Sherry

I'm going to give you guys a try

Also on the tube at NoobGrow

Did you get our newsletter with the new coupon code?
If not, try using the BSB coupon code for 4/5 extra freebies if your order is around $49 - and I'll dig up the new contest link for you if you're going to place a larger order - I think it'll need to be around $160.

I don't feel like doing the currency exchange in my head today, so we'll just go with ballpark figures. I think in pounds it's 34.99 gbp for the coupon & 99 gbp for the contest.

Sherry

Did you get our newsletter with the new coupon code?
If not, try using the BSB coupon code for 4/5 extra freebies if your order is around $49 - and I'll dig up the new contest link for you if you're going to place a larger order - I think it'll need to be around $160.

I don't feel like doing the currency exchange in my head today, so we'll just go with ballpark figures. I think in pounds it's 34.99 gbp for the coupon & 99 gbp for the contest.

Sherry
99 pounds is roughly 140. So im going to check it out. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom