LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2014

Re: LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2

Lady V,
it's a lovely green jungle in there! Looks awesome. I can't believe how cold it still is where you are, that has to be gettin' on your nerves. :-( We are FINALLY into spring here, I'm hoping to move my plants back down to my basement this weekend. Long hard winter.
I might very well invest in a grow tent this year so if next winter is as bad, I can at least keep the plants downstairs where they will have heat in the tent.
Are you happy with the way the oil radiator performs? I've looked into those a bit.

Snakelad, if I may offer a suggestion. I see a lot of growers use wooden dowels/rods stuck in the pot to help hold the plants upright when they get top heavy or start falling over. Lightly strap them to the rod to hold the branches upright.
Hope that helps.
:circle-of-love:

Re: LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2

Lady V,
it's a lovely green jungle in there! Looks awesome. I can't believe how cold it still is where you are, that has to be gettin' on your nerves. :-( We are FINALLY into spring here, I'm hoping to move my plants back down to my basement this weekend. Long hard winter.
I might very well invest in a grow tent this year so if next winter is as bad, I can at least keep the plants downstairs where they will have heat in the tent.
Are you happy with the way the oil radiator performs? I've looked into those a bit.

Snakelad, if I may offer a suggestion. I see a lot of growers use wooden dowels/rods stuck in the pot to help hold the plants upright when they get top heavy or start falling over. Lightly strap them to the rod to hold the branches upright.
Hope that helps.
:circle-of-love:

I really like them I paid 56.00 I think at HomeDepot. Now that spring is getting here you might want to pick one up on clearance.
The new one is really cool compared to my old one. It has 3 settings + the diel for temp. I like the tents, just make sure you get a good one, midrange in cost. You know how it is with computers you; get what you pay for :) The new tent is O.K but made cheap. I wish the Gorilla Tents were not as much as rent...lol.. I would :love: to get one of them. They hold the heat well.

:welcome:

virgingrower pull up a chair :high-five:

Thanks LadyV,
I will be watching the clearance areas for those oil radiators. And you're right on the gorilla tents, a bit out of my price range right now...but they are awesome from the grows I've seen using them.
Have a great day!

Yeah actually got it sorted.thanks canna:thumb:

I'm glad that you got it worked out :) I check on my plants every day. One day and you can open up to the fright of night that snaps your bones!!!! Had that happen with this grow last Saturday. I did not check them until after 7:00 P.M found 2 panels out and very droopy plants that looked like a drought had happened!!!!

Thanks LadyV,
I will be watching the clearance areas for those oil radiators. And you're right on the gorilla tents, a bit out of my price range right now...but they are awesome from the grows I've seen using them.
Have a great day!

I know, total envy over them. :dreamy: Way out of my range too. I have been thinking about saving for one...lol.. I may have one in three years or more :)

Cannafan,

Some time back I had talked about doing some topping on the Querkle. Well, I went ahead and did it :)

Qu1.jpg

This is the plant Querkle 1 She was a mess!!

Qu2.jpg

Hear goes the first cut

Qu3.jpg

It took a long time to get her cleaned up...

Qu4.jpg

I could not decide if I wanted the wire in top or not

Qu5.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to cut some bigger pieces and get them over most of the other plants

Qu6.jpg

After I got her cleaned up I had discovered that I had already toped her. The piel next to her is what I took off.

Wow, you really did a nice job on that! Bet it kind of made you nervous. LOL
I will be anxiously waiting to see how that bushes out now.

BTW, I meant to ask when was the last time you had looked into Gorilla Tent pricing? I just went to one of the Sponsors' site, JJ Bones from Perfect Gardens. Pricing on these has come down since I checked on them last year around the net:
Check it out if you get a minute:
Advanced Gardening for Indoor Hydroponic Grow Rooms and Organic Greenhouses

I'll be checking back to see how that Topped up plant is doing. :high-five:

Lady V,
The second picture of querkle where the scissors are is a little blurry but brings up a question for me....you do have pistils on that plant...right? If so, are they turning brown?

Or, can you get a closer pic of some of the nodes on that one?

I don't want to scare ya, but I'll be honest here...I want to be absolutely sure that one didn't hermie on ya. A closer pic will tell me for sure.
:thumb:

Lady V,
The second picture of querkle where the scissors are is a little blurry but brings up a question for me....you do have pistils on that plant...right? If so, are they turning brown?

Or, can you get a closer pic of some of the nodes on that one?

I don't want to scare ya, but I'll be honest here...I want to be absolutely sure that one didn't hermie on ya. A closer pic will tell me for sure.

I will get a close up. I am taking a break from being under the canopy in the other tent. When I was clipping away yesterday I did not see anything weird. Close up it is!! I will do a close up of the other one as well. No point in wasting my time if I did turn it into a hermaphrodite. :-( That would not make me very happy; not after all this. :)

Cannafann

Hear is some photos of my heater. It worked really well!!

heater11.jpg
heater21.jpg

Damn forgot to turn this, Sorry.
heater31.jpg

LOL... I am headed that way...damn phone won't stop ringing :)

The Querkle was one of the plants that I did the 10 day gender on. I am making the assumption that they are turning brown because of what has happened to the plants. It was all twisted and underdeveloped leaves in fact both of the Querkel are like that. I am hopping that I am not going to loos them. They are two of the 14 seeds that survived. I guess if I loose them :-( That is that. I don't know what else to say. The ghost train is fine. Mmmm... I will go look at its pistils too. Now that you say something, My first attempt I had put one into flower and when it was pulled out the pistils stayed white. I did not even give it much thought. Crap I wonder if I should find a way to ad them to the other tent that is in 12/12 and see what happens. I will hold off on this until either you or someone else can help me out. Any way I did get some photos done.

QuerkleH9.jpg

QuerkleH8.jpg

QuerkleH7.jpg

QuerkleH5.jpg

It is hard to see it in the photo but those are leaves

QuerkleH4.jpg

QuerkleH3.jpg

QuerkleH2.jpg

QuerkleH1.jpg

Well, What do you think? Should I find a spot in the 12/12 tent and maybe they will come out of it?
Or they will be hermaphrodites and I will chuck them. Their has to be a better way of doing seeds to get a good strain. I was told to stay away of feminized seeds. I am thinking about giving it a shot after this mess is sorted out.

Okay Lady V,
I don't see any signs of pollen sacs, that was my concern. So it should be okay. The brown pistils concerned me so I wanted to be sure there were no male pollen sacs starting.
I would leave it be, but keep a close eye. :thumb: In the meantime I'll talk with a couple of other growers and see if they think it's okay too. Thanks for getting the pics, as I said...I would rather be wrong than just assume it's okay.

Oh, was there a reason that was told to you about not using feminised seeds...other than cost? I have a couple growing, doing fine. And there are many growers on this site that use them.

Back
Top Bottom