OldMedMan's Aloha Journal

I shoulda been subbed over here. Shame on me. Im here now just got off page 53. Reps is due! :thumb:

Welcome WizHigh. Thanks for looking in. It's a little of everything, with growing thrown in. Thanks for the reps.:welcome::thanks:

Reminds me of when I was a merchant seaman. I was on a tanker chartered to the Military Sealift Command, carrying jet fuel for the fleet out in the Indian Ocean. We would go out to an X in the ocean, and drift for a couple days, then back to the X. Once a week for 6 weeks the Navy would come alongside to "unrep" (underway Replenishment) Jet fuel for the Carrier nearby.

During the boredom, I went down into the engine room, grabbed some scrap metal, and made a hook out of 1/2" diameter round stock. I went to the galley, grabbed about a 10lb old ass uneatable (at least 2 yrs old) frozen roast from a freezer, hooked in on that big ass hook, tied rope to the hook and wrapped it around a winch on the fantail to go shark fishing!

Sure nuff we caught two about 4 footers! Used a fire axe to kill them, then skinned em and backed em whole wrapped in foil with the cavity stuffed with butter, garlic, white pepper, and bay leaf.

Was the best damn meal we had in weeks!

I used to have pictures of em but my friggen ex-wife got those in the divorce too. Shoulda just fed her to the sharks and ate the roast.

Hey Bassman59. :welcome:

Talk about boring duty.....just farting around until they needed you.:smokin:

Man, that was inventive as could be.....broke the monotony up too....how many people helped you?. I'm sure they all helped you eat them.

Thanks for you're comments on defoliating. I'm sure you knew I was talking about you.
:high-five:

Commercial tankers only had about 28 crew back then. Maybe 21 by that time, I don't recall. Around 1983-84. But I got one of the engineers to help me make the hook. Then a bunch of guys kinda hung out and watched for the action at varying times.

It took a lot of whacks with the fire axes to kill them. Resilient bastards they are. 3-4 of us did that. Everyone wanted to have a picture whacking a shark.

I came up with the way to cook it and did that. It wasn't on the days menu. And for some of the crew we didnt tell them what it was, but they heard it was good, so they had some. We told them afterwards. Some that we told wouldnt try it. They weren't about to eat shark! lol Their loss!

OMM I was just looking on line to see what states MMJ is legal in. Illinois just became the 19th state to make it legal. It states that Hawaii is a legal state for MMJ passed in 2000. Didn't know that

8. Hawaii

Senate Bill 862 (40 KB) -- Signed into law by Gov. Ben Cayetano on June 14, 2000
Approved: By House 32-18, by Senate 13-12
Effective: Dec. 28, 2000

Removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess a signed statement from their physician affirming that he or she suffers from a debilitating condition and that the "potential benefits of medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the health risks." The law establishes a mandatory, confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients.

Approved conditions: Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for HIV/AIDS; A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe pain, severe nausea, seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy, or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Hawaii Department of Health.

Possession/Cultivation: The amount of marijuana that may be possessed jointly between the qualifying patient and the primary caregiver is an "adequate supply," which shall not exceed three mature marijuana plants, four immature marijuana plants, and one ounce of usable marijuana per each mature plant.

OMM I was just looking on line to see what states MMJ is legal in. Illinois just became the 19th state to make it legal. It states that Hawaii is a legal state for MMJ passed in 2000. Didn't know that

8. Hawaii

Senate Bill 862 (40 KB) -- Signed into law by Gov. Ben Cayetano on June 14, 2000
Approved: By House 32-18, by Senate 13-12
Effective: Dec. 28, 2000

Removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess a signed statement from their physician affirming that he or she suffers from a debilitating condition and that the "potential benefits of medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the health risks." The law establishes a mandatory, confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients.

Approved conditions: Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for HIV/AIDS; A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe pain, severe nausea, seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy, or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Hawaii Department of Health.

Possession/Cultivation: The amount of marijuana that may be possessed jointly between the qualifying patient and the primary caregiver is an "adequate supply," which shall not exceed three mature marijuana plants, four immature marijuana plants, and one ounce of usable marijuana per each mature plant.

Hi Beemerbill. Great on Illinois becoming the 19th state.:high-five:

Yep we have been legal for a few years. I was one of the first to get my card. I was a care giver to two people.
The amounts we can grow are ridiculous. 1 of my patents went through onces like water. The other did too! She was such a sweetie. She would come over and pick up and then sit there with THsea and I smoke it on the spot.....I aways gave her some before she left. Both of my patients passed away, they were too far gone.
I loved them both.

What is the terrible part is that there is no way to find people that need help. Contrary to what they say there is no way to find people that need help. It's hit or miss or word of mouth. I wish they would tell us who needs help.

If they discover my grow...they would just take everything and leave me with the legal amount. Which is almost nothing. We are trying to get it totally legal for everyone. Wish us luck. :high-five:

Hi Beemerbill. Great on Illinois becoming the 19th state.:high-five:

Yep we have been legal for a few years. I was one of the first to get my card. I was a care giver to two people.
The amounts we can grow are ridiculous. 1 of my patents went through onces like water. The other did too! She was such a sweetie. She would come over and pick up and then sit there with THsea and I smoke it on the spot.....I aways gave her some before she left. Both of my patients passed away, they were too far gone.
I loved them both.

What is the terrible part is that there is no way to find people that need help. Contrary to what they say there is no way to find people that need help. It's hit or miss or word of mouth. I wish they would tell us who needs help.

If they discover my grow...they would just take everything and leave me with the legal amount. Which is almost nothing. We are trying to get it totally legal for everyone. Wish us luck. :high-five:

OMM I was reading your law and you guys can't have much. 3 oz is almost nothing. finding people that need help isn't an easy thing. I have helped a few guys at work that have arthritis. Beyond that if you don' t have a dispensary it a tough one. Hope you guys can get it legal there like we supposedly have it here.

I would like to help out a few folk as well. I was just talking about that yesterday with a few of my buddies.

Cool. There is no better feeling than helping others. Most are so bad off they can not grow for themselves, Since we are growing anyway...one more plant could help someone allot. Hope you find some one to help.

My Buddy Cronichemphog , helped both his parents until they passed. That must have been tough, but it helped.
:high-five:

OMM I was reading your law and you guys can't have much. 3 oz is almost nothing. finding people that need help isn't an easy thing. I have helped a few guys at work that have arthritis. Beyond that if you don' t have a dispensary it a tough one. Hope you guys can get it legal there like we supposedly have it here.

Hey Beemerbill. I get so jealous when you talk about going to dispensaries and you're open market.:smokin:

Legalality is knocking on my door. 2 states around me and my state will be last. I was at my uncles funeral yesterday and all my family was around. not seeing them for a few years except in mug shots. I realised prescription pills have taken its toll on a lot of members in my family. I promised myself to not be like that yet im the law breaker. dont sale what i grow only help others and i could be jailed. yet docs here are prescribing addicts at record doses. im young and know very little but even a child can see whats right or whats wrong. Its crazy to me how badly im looked at if i got a green leaf on my shirt, but the unmistakeable rattle of pills in the pockets are ok because someone went to college and "THEY MUST KNOW"....Givve me a break i learned to laugh and if i am jailed ill do max time before i pee in a cup! for all of society to judge.
My parents know my goal of becoming legal and helping people who cant grow or maintane their gardens and fully support me. Neither of my parents indulge in weed yet have done their own moral search and realize what it is a PLANT.
SORRY OMM PPL and their narrowness of life get to me . thankyou

I would like to help out a few folk as well. I was just talking about that yesterday with a few of my buddies.

*raises hand*

I am always in need of magical weed.

Legalality is knocking on my door. 2 states around me and my state will be last. I was at my uncles funeral yesterday and all my family was around. not seeing them for a few years except in mug shots. I realised prescription pills have taken its toll on a lot of members in my family. I promised myself to not be like that yet im the law breaker. dont sale what i grow only help others and i could be jailed. yet docs here are prescribing addicts at record doses. im young and know very little but even a child can see whats right or whats wrong. Its crazy to me how badly im looked at if i got a green leaf on my shirt, but the unmistakeable rattle of pills in the pockets are ok because someone went to college and "THEY MUST KNOW"....Givve me a break i learned to laugh and if i am jailed ill do max time before i pee in a cup! for all of society to judge.
My parents know my goal of becoming legal and helping people who cant grow or maintane their gardens and fully support me. Neither of my parents indulge in weed yet have done their own moral search and realize what it is a PLANT.
SORRY OMM PPL and their narrowness of life get to me . thankyou

I am glad you posted this CoryDavid88. I rant at prescription drugs too. By the way you are completely right, just write a prescription that will get you really, really addicted. After my bout with cancer, I was one of those people. Took me 4 years to realize it and what they made me do, then get off of them.:thanks:

I am glad you posted this CoryDavid88. I rant at prescription drugs too. By the way you are completely right, just write a prescription that will get you really, really addicted. After my bout with cancer, I was one of those people. Took me 4 years to realize it and what they made me do, then get off of them.:thanks:

Eventually once weed is once again not illegal the pill companies will create ultra concentrates that some will undoubtedly abuse. Probably used as some sort of hallucinogen.

Just like how heroine (in all its various forms), ecstasy, mushrooms, coke, lsd, booze, and countless others are all made with a natural ingredient as their main component, but are then manufactured into a unnatural concentrate. So too will weed be once the major pill pushers get into it.

good weed and morning OMM, Oh and all that read this!
I talked with Mrs Muppetous yesterday:cheer: and she sends fluffy hugs to all and misses everyone very much:hug::hug:
hope all is well with you:)

Sadly, Nevada is much like Hawaii in terms of allowance. I tend to believe there probably isn't a truthfully legal card holder-grower in the state with only a 1 oz possession allowance and 4/3 plant ratio. I know it takes a lot of plant to make the drink I give mom for her ailments.

In Nevada, it's even illegal to acquire cannabis in any form. From seedling to clone, to useable product, it's all illegal to acquire. But you can possess. Weird huh? But they are looking at it this year at the state level to change that. Sadly they seem to think Arizona's model, which hasnt even really kicked in, is the way to go. If they go that route, it will be only the very rich, for profit only corporations operating dispensaries in the state rather than mom & pop that want to just pay the bills and truly help others.

I recently found an astounding video about big pharma, a cancer cure from 40 yrs ago, and the FDA. I highly suggest everyone see the entire video even thous it's almost 2 hrs long. Your desire to demand change and vote out those that refuse to change may just insprie you and others to make a difference.
A Cancer Cure 40 years ago - YouTube

good weed and morning OMM, Oh and all that read this!
I talked with Mrs Muppetous yesterday:cheer: and she sends fluffy hugs to all and misses everyone very much:hug::hug:
hope all is well with you:)

Morning fishy and everyone who is around at this hour. As the fish tells us good weed to all. Did Fluffytus say how her bad wing is doing? I sure miss that girl. She is all happiness. :hippy:

Morning fishy and everyone who is around at this hour. As the fish tells us good weed to all. Did Fluffytus say how her bad wing is doing? I sure miss that girl. She is all happiness. :hippy:
she said it hurts pretty bad and is due to get it worked on today. she had trouble typing. but is loving the attention from Mr Muppetous is giving her:) Oh and she has a nice little garden going veggies and herbs.
she still is dealing with her work thing.

she said it hurts pretty bad and is due to get it worked on today. she had trouble typing. but is loving the attention from Mr Muppetous is giving her:) Oh and she has a nice little garden going veggies and herbs.
she still is dealing with her work thing.

Thats good to hear fishy. Mr. Muppetous knows what he has. If nothing else, she keeps things interesting. Love her!

Hey Beemerbill. I get so jealous when you talk about going to dispensaries and you're open market.:smokin:

I understand what you are saying but you would freeze your but off over here. :cheesygrinsmiley: It is really nice to have the things we have here in Washington. Someday someday it will be legal. At least Kentucky passed so farmers can grow hemp. It's unbelievable that we are one of the only countries in the world that that's illegal. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom