OldSkoool's CFL/LST Computer Box Bag Seed Show and Review

Man, wish my plant had tricomes like that... + reps!

I wished the for the same thing on my four previous grows obxgardener, nice to have finally struck gold with Wanda.

Now I'm wondering whether it's the strain, or receiving twice the lumens.

Thanks to you, and Granny for the +reps!

Five days ago I got ansy, and wanted a closer look at the new trich's with my trusty pocket microscope. I spotted this small bud growing from underneath this main stalk with zero chance of busting up into the light.

I clipped it off, and after about an hours worth of fiddling with it under the scope, I thought wft, be experimental, why not see if I can keep it alive and growing? Alive maybe I thought, but growing, doubtful.

I filled a seed cup, stuck a toothpick through the side, re cut the stem, splitting it like a clone stem, stuck it in, watered it, and placed it back under momma.
xbud102009A.JPG

xbud102009b.JPG

The next morning I was not only surprised to find it hadn't died, but the stem had uncurled, the bud facing up towards the lights.
xbud102109.JPG

Today makes 5 days, but like I said, it's justa fun little experiment to see if I can keep this tiny flower going.
xbud102509.JPG

Admit it, you just keep messing with Wanda and she loves it.:ganjamon:

I'd be the first to admit it....so would my wife:ganjamon:

As if you don't love messing with your harem:yummy:

Vegging is boring, giving TLC to yet unknown plant sex stressful, but when they flower! I just cain't quit her!

LOL, yeah, but I always think about that 'waste not want not' as I'm scraping resin. And I know we've all been there:grinjoint:

We must give this experiment a name......

XB-420

The seed cup dried up over night, looked pretty limpy this morning, but a quick drink, and it perked right back up again. Have to wait to see how it develops, if not, I'll flash it, and smoke it:roorrip:

Copying the idea my friend had to suspend his light canopy over the plant he adopted from me, I completed this set up this morning, feeling stupid for not thinking of it myself.....thanks OMM, but it's so simple I can't too damn bright.

Original thought was to build stands for the plants with a 5 gal bucket under them to catch watering run off. Ummmm, why not just flip the pot tray over, set it on top the bucket (fit like a glove), drill a few holes in the center, and set Wanda on top. Thought OMM would appreciate the signage:smokin:
lightcanopy25.JPG

While the canopy was raised I had to take a few shots. Now that I have the branches trained within the confines of the canopy, I just let the tops grow straight up.
102709a.JPG

Wanted to capture the pistils turning pink, but even with the camera set on Floro (no flash), the color still isn't correct.
102709b.JPG

102709bb.JPG

The flash shot is more accurate, but it lights up the trich's like a sugar cone....happy, happy 'eh OMM?
102709c.JPG

102709cc.JPG

Happy Happy is right:cheer:

Thanks for the signage, I'll tell the boys.:grinjoint:

That is so cool. You just put it in a corner or any where. Huuuh Any where there's good stud in the ceiling. It's will sure save the old back.:goodjob:

I love it. Wanda's couldn't care less. One cool thing, the box makes lazy twisting swings back and forth from fan blade rotation. No need now to rotate her.

Yup, anywhere. Take your favorite MJ girl on vacation wit ya.....don't leave home without her:ganjamon:

Good Lord, I'ma one plant journal, among all these beautiful multi plant gardens........I'm not worthy.

Couldn't help it, laughing my butt off putting it on, thinking of your guardian liz. Stole it off the front of my son's door. His room had been full of snakes, lizards, scorpions, tarantulas, etc. before he left home. Naturally ALL have been given to good homes....just not mine:peace:

I love it. Wanda's couldn't care less. One cool thing, the box makes lazy twisting swings back and forth from fan blade rotation. No need now to rotate her.

Yup, anywhere. Take your favorite MJ girl on vacation wit ya.....don't leave home without her:ganjamon:

Good Lord, I'ma one plant journal, among all these beautiful multi plant gardens........I'm not worthy.

Couldn't help it, laughing my butt off putting it on, thinking of your guardian liz. Stole it off the front of my son's door. His room had been full of snakes, lizards, scorpions, tarantulas, etc. before he left home. Naturally ALL have been given to good homes....just not mine:peace:

After all the attention you gave Wanda, now she's a diva:ganjamon:
Like you said a one girl grow, but it is very worthy because every one can see what can be done with a small space and CFLs.

I'm sure Wanda thinks its what she deserves a spotlight on her alone.

I have to admit ILMAO too about the sign. I told the boys and they just took it in stride. :peace:

Now that Wanda's so easy to work with, the daily tie adjustments is no longer a chore. Sure beats lying on my back, trying to peer up inside the box with bifocals. Think I'm going to enjoy this setup.

If it weren't for her clone, we could call her a one hit wonder:ganjamon:

Sure like what I see now that you have your ladies out in the sun. Their going to get soooo big.

Those masks are great! As were the brownies I can imagine:popcorn:

Thanks for dropping by! Can't wait to see how they look in a couple weeks.

Ohhh, nooooo, some bad news. Seems as if the plant adopted by my buddy, and following the completion of another light canopy for it, began spewing yellow pollen yesterday. He says he has 'white hairs' all over, could be a hermie

OldSkoool yanks another clone.

So, out of three plants I originally started, only one turns out to be a female....but what a great female my Wanda is!

Here's Wanda II as of last night, one week into LST, I also topped her. Figure I'll get creative circling two main stalks on the next flowering.
clone10-29-09.JPG

Pre flowers showing
clonetop.JPG

The X-420 project has been nix'd, the bud now joins other small, under developed buds I snipped off....thanks for the tip Flurple.....now drying out. I figure all of them might make a bowl full.

Stay tuned, I'll be updating Wanda's 3rd week bud progress later today.

Back
Top Bottom