Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

re: Rex Pigeons Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

back from life probs looking good come by and see whats going on

I never left my man. I'm still there. You have solid information getting passed around. I just sit on the sidelines! Keep it up!

A major transformation happened in the garden today! Pictures to follow tonight.

Fiancé and I just finished our massages tonight and I'll be headed home to show you guys the craziness that happened today!

GROW ROOM RENOVATION

I am so excited to show you what I have done today! I spent the entire morning and most of the afternoon taking apart my entire grow room and putting it back together. I am so thankful I did.

I think I have added an additional 30-40 Sq. ft. to my space. I have also taken all the lights and placed them on there own power supply. While I was taking everything apart I noticed that almost every cord I had been using was burnt somewhere. PLEASE PEOPLE TAKE CARE AND INSPECT YOUR EQUIPMENT REGULARLY.
image28097.jpg

image28096.jpg

Here is what the room looks like with and without the shelf in the way. Does it not look professional?
image28094.jpg

image28098.jpg

image28099.jpg

I forgot to take a photo of all the ballasts mounted to there shelf. Such a better setup! Cant wait to get more plants in here.

Noticed that the temperature is a kool 79F! Cant believe how kool it is! No more heat stress! So HAPPY!

Sending all my love, have a good night people

What perfect timing on losing heat stress! :blushsmile: the room does indeed look professional. Remember how wild and loose we were just ten months ago Pigeons? It's been amazing to watch our class develop from casual to focused growers. I think that may have been part of 420's plan. :laughtwo: With the helpful input of this wonderful community you start to grow with more focus and professionalism and you harvest incredible herb.

Now you begin asking yourself why everyone can't do the same thing for themselves in a world free from the restrictions of erroneous laws, and before you know it you're paying closer attention to the process of legalization and thinking about joining the fight.

Right after Dale died, while they were preparing the body, the doctor and I went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee and we got to talking about my grow and the fight for legalization. As a Hospice doctor she would like nothing more than to incorporate cannabis into the drug list. At one point I mentioned that I might consider moving to a legal state and her response was a quick and forceful, "Why not stay here and help make us legal?"

And she's right.

That was quite a ramble wasn't it? Yeah, I'm buzzed. This Dark Devil is to blame. :laughtwo:

Gives you shivers when you see those burnt cords hey? I saw you on the other thread you started about electrical so I know you've got that sorted out now. I go around and check those connections every now and then for heat stress. It can go on for months overheating like that and slowly melting- though I'd much prefer that it doesn't. I hope I'm all growed up and past those cord melting days now though.
On a different subject Pigeons, have you got any thoughts on marriage you want to share, great or small? From the time I met my girl, eight years ago now -we knew that fate had tossed us together. I knew this was the last woman I would be with. It's actually a really crazy story- the two of us. You'd hardly believe it if I told it and I won't tell it here. Very romantic and weird story. We talk about marriage. She really wants to. I'm ok with it. I'm not against it. Somehow I just haven't decided in my mind what it means. Once I do that I'll be more happy to get married. I like figuring things out. I'm a slow figurer. l feel like we are already married. We love each other. We are together. What are we trying to accomplish by saying we are 'married'? Are we just putting a label on something to make it more easy for ourselves, others? Labels can be limiting.
I suppose it's also a very simple and obvious concept and so maybe I shouldn't be confused. I just have to take this concept and make it fit my own values.
Ramble ramble ramble....ha ha
It's awesome that you found someone you want to share your days with. Not easy in this life. If you love her anything like you love your plants she must be a very happy girl. Congratulations!

Gives you shivers when you see those burnt cords hey? I saw you on the other thread you started about electrical so I know you've got that sorted out now. I go around and check those connections every now and then for heat stress. It can go on for months overheating like that and slowly melting- though I'd much prefer that it doesn't. I hope I'm all growed up and past those cord melting days now though.
On a different subject Pigeons, have you got any thoughts on marriage you want to share, great or small? From the time I met my girl, eight years ago now -we knew that fate had tossed us together. I knew this was the last woman I would be with. It's actually a really crazy story- the two of us. You'd hardly believe it if I told it and I won't tell it here. Very romantic and weird story. We talk about marriage. She really wants to. I'm ok with it. I'm not against it. Somehow I just haven't decided in my mind what it means. Once I do that I'll be more happy to get married. I like figuring things out. I'm a slow figurer. l feel like we are already married. We love each other. We are together. What are we trying to accomplish by saying we are 'married'? Are we just putting a label on something to make it more easy for ourselves, others? Labels can be limiting.
I suppose it's also a very simple and obvious concept and so maybe I shouldn't be confused. I just have to take this concept and make it fit my own values.
It's awesome that you found someone you want to share your days with. Not easy in this life. If you love her anything like you love your plants she must be a very happy girl. Congratulations!

First off Weaselcracker, I'm going to assume that you wrap that lucky woman in your arms every day, look her in the eye and ask her if you've told her lately how much you love her. Ok then, she knows you adore her. So why do women want the vows? It's a commitment thing. The saying of the vows. The proclamation to the world that you've found your soulmate and you acknowledge that this is the person you choose to grow old with. Men think "but we're already married". Women think "we're married when we get married" LOL!!

Dale and I exchanged our wedding rings in the store a month before we had the ceremony. We knew then we were married. The ceremony was the sealing of that commitment. It also gave Dale an excuse to say "we have a license" when it suited him. :cheesygrinsmiley:

First off Weaselcracker, I'm going to assume that you wrap that lucky woman in your arms every day, look her in the eye and ask her if you've told her lately how much you love her.
Ha ha ha! hee hee hee!
She would laugh so hard if she read that!
Mostly I communicate in grunts and such. You know. Except once in awhile when the stars align and we lay our hearts open. But we get along great, and snuggle well. I like peace and silence, and ideas. I don't need to be blathering all the time about 'us'. I thought we already had that figured out years. We could move on- talk about something a little more philosophical - even better just talk about nothing and be comfortable existing in each other's company.
My way of thinking is not going to fly, is it...?

Beautiful grow space, Pigeon!
Extension cords are terrible when using high current electrical devices. Always plug directly into an outlet and try to use 20A rated receptacles. The added resistance of any mediocre electrical connection generates heat. This heat increases the resistance and breaks down the connection which creates even more heat. It is a vicious cycle that ultimately leads to a melt-down and/or fire.
Glad you caught yours in time.

If I may, Weasel. You and I sound like we have similar philosophies towards marriage. It must be a male generational thing. I never had any inclination to get married. We've been together for 9 years and I knew that getting married was something that she thought about frequently. It was important to her mother as well. We have a beautiful 4 year old little man. And it's important to him too, believe it or not. As the man of the family I feel an obligation to keep my family happy, safe and informed... so, I asked myself "if it's important to her, shouldn't it be important to me?" The answer was a confident "yes". So, that part was easy...

And of course Susan is right! I hope you "wrap your arms around that woman every day and ask her if you love her." Because men and women are "similarly different". Men can be happy by merely having an opportunity to "grunt and voice opinion". Believe it or not, women are slightly more sophisticated with their needs. They like to be touched, appreciated, loved and most importantly they need your attention.

by no means am I an expert. I'm still a 28 year old male. I have a lot of learning to do. But I also have a lot of love to give and I can't wait to express that level of a adornment through my vows and the symbolic ceremony that is suppose to capture it all

At the end of the day it's just a gathering of your closest people to eat and here you speak. Love is so much more than that. And I'm thankful I've found it!!

Pigeons love fest thread hehe

Don't be afraid to join in Ottawa! I know you're in love too! :rofl:

How long have you and Mrs. Green been together?

If I can't plug directly into the outlet I make sure the extension cord I'm using is a heavy duty utility cord and I try to seriously limit those.

If I can't plug directly into the outlet I make sure the extension cord I'm using is a heavy duty utility cord and I try to seriously limit those.

My room, previously, was run entirely on 1 extension cord... Wow. Escaped that one!

Ha ha ha! hee hee hee!
She would laugh so hard if she read that!
Mostly I communicate in grunts and such. You know. Except once in awhile when the stars align and we lay our hearts open. But we get along great, and snuggle well. I like peace and silence, and ideas. I don't need to be blathering all the time about 'us'. I thought we already had that figured out years. We could move on- talk about something a little more philosophical - even better just talk about nothing and be comfortable existing in each other's company.
Not going to fly, is it...

You are so incredibly cute. :battingeyelashes: Reading this reminded me of The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show:

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

If it works for you Weaselcracker. I'm telling you though, we women live for those moments, and they are just brief little sparkling moments that carry us through. To be honest, I was the one who did that in our relationship. Hahaha! I did it every single day too. He got addicted to it after about ten days and then there was no stopping it. :hmmmm: That man trained me well, didn't he? :laughtwo: :love:

Just want to show you guys!

I've got the matal Halide hanging and running. And these are my temps. Is this not awesome!?!?!?
image28114.jpg
image28115.jpg

Best temps I've ever had! All I had to do was upgrade my space!!

**This bird's dancing in the bird bath with excitement***

Evolution of the Grow Room

Went for a little closet space

image16650.jpg
image16987.jpg

With a little research my girl SoilGirl had found these Mylar safety blankets. I didn't know anything about them. But I knew I had access to them.
image19195.jpg
image17132.jpg

Went from having all my stuff on the grohnd (wow how far I've come)
image17038.jpg

image28114.jpg

This is where my Ballasts finally reside. Close to the external wall, up high to assist with air circulation and out of the way!
image28116.jpg

Just want to show you guys!

I've got the matal Halide hanging and running. And these are my temps. Is this not awesome!?!?!?
image28114.jpg
image28115.jpg

Best temps I've ever had! All I had to do was upgrade my space!!

**This bird's dancing in the bird bath with excitement***

:high-five:

INTRODUCTION TO THE FAMILY!

Hi everyone! Just wanted you all to meet BlueBerry HeadBand! She's the latest member of the family. She popped up over night last night. and I'm excited to watch her strut her stuff!

image28141.jpg

And while I'm showing you everything, why not show the veg cabinet transformation?
This is what is used to look like. Lights hanging everywhere, tin foil reflectors, and a computer fan on a bucket. Haha
image26015.jpg
image26016.jpg

Now those lights are installed in the sides of the cabinet. Power is all located on the exterior for easy access

image28142.jpg
image28144.jpg

20 amp breaker max wattage of 1500... You are running a 1000 watt and i believe the wattage on them are around 1100 watts. You cant run hardly anything else on that breaker! How long is your power cord? Thats prob the reason it burnt up just guessing. Make sure its at least 12 gauge for shorter and 10 gauge for longer cords. I use a kilowatt meter and monitor everything in my house along with whats on each breaker. Each of my 600 watt grow rooms are on separate breakers one is fed with a 10 gauge 15 foot cord. Glad you caught it! The good thing about newer breaker boxes is they will throw a breaker before anything burns down.... Hopefully. The old fuses... well you wouldnt have a house. Room looks good!

Back
Top Bottom