Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

re: Pigeons420 Flies the Koupe & Goes Perpetual in 2015

Bulbs are relatively affordable. So I change them every 3 grows or so. My 400W is the oldest had it 3 years and I've changed the bulb once. About a year ago. Maybe that's excessive but it gives me peace of mind

Wait what!!! I change my bulbs every two grows now so 4 months... I can really tell a difference already. My last bulb had 3 grows on it and I believe my yield suffered a little because of it. Im curious as to when the HPS growers change there bulbs thats why im asking. They are only $20 so I will change them every 2 grows from here on out.

Haha the difference is, your signature alone has more grows in it than I've ever done. I'll be the first to admit my inexperience.

I am willing to change them out every 2 grows. It's great that I'm already learning how to sustain a perpetual grow :adore: thank you!

Wait what!!! I change my bulbs every two grows now so 4 months... I can really tell a difference already. My last bulb had 3 grows on it and I believe my yield suffered a little because of it. Im curious as to when the HPS growers change there bulbs thats why im asking. They are only $20 so I will change them every 2 grows from here on out.

You get a grow done in two months?
I thought I remember reading the drop in output was only about 10% over the life of the bulb = 3 years. I should check into this.

I did a little reading about this a while back and I learned that, 1) it's dependent on the quality of the bulb. Cheaper ones needing replaced sooner. 2) But generally I read that yearly you lose anywhere between 5-10% of output power based on how often you use it.

Subbed!! 4 pages already?! Goodness Pigeons you're leavin me in the dust! :)

Critical Hog and Green Crack look absolutely amazing man, can't wait to see how much bud you get under all that light!! Great start buddy, you are all set up aren't ya? Lookin mighty professional my friend :)

Max, I'm ecstatic you're here!!

I can almost consider my setup complete. However, I'm waiting on the carbon filter and intake fan to arrive. Hopefully Monday. Then it should be complete!

I would love to blame the four pages of my journal to my popularity. However, my introduction took up 3/4s of my first page and my 1st update took up another half page lol :rofl: however, I'm so excited everyone's here! I'm going to consider this my "expert panel of advice" and when I need a little insight, it's invaluable to have!

Thanks again For comin Max!

OK Pigeons, all caught up again. What happened to Batman's arm? ( Because that's what's really important here! LOL!!!)

Sue you just made me laugh aloud walking down my street!!

I'm not entirely sure what happened. But I think it's suppose to be like that. Maybe something connects into him. I don't know. I'll ask him!

ok guys question here my alchemy just turned 28 days old today ( HAppy Bday to her ) should I flower her next mon when my t5 gets here?

Bear, your link isn't working again.

Here's a photo of what it should look like.

image26259.jpg

You won't do any harm waiting for the proper lights. For flowering you want the blue spectrum. Keep that in mind when looking for bulbs

Edit:: it's important to let your girl get a nice long healthy vegetative period. The plant uses this time to beef itself up from heavy buds. If you switch her to flower to quick she will be to small and weak to hold up her flowers. Another 3-4 weeks in veg is a great idea.

ok guys question here my alchemy just turned 28 days old today ( HAppy Bday to her ) should I flower her next mon when my t5 gets here?
You won't do any harm waiting for the proper lights. For flowering you want the blue spectrum. Keep that in mind when looking for bulbs

Edit:: it's important to let your girl get a nice long healthy vegetative period. The plant uses this time to beef itself up from heavy buds. If you switch her to flower to quick she will be to small and weak to hold up her flowers. Another 3-4 weeks in veg is a great idea.

A lot depends on how much room you have. If you have room, let it veg. If not, you can flip any time.
I thought more blue was for veg and more red was for flowering (?).

Good point PITA

I do get this confused all the time. However, I was under the impression that you could compare it to the seasons. Let me explain, and let me know if I'm out to lunch.

During the summer months the sun is the most intense. It's the highest in the sky and the warmest. I consider this the red spectrum (while we veg) then during the fall the nights get longer and the days get shorter. The sun is getting lower and not as intense. Blue spectrum. (Flower period).

Is this not correct at all? I thought I finally had it figured out. I apologize if I'm to be corrected here.

ok think i got the sig working. Will leave her another 33-4 weeks see how she does

Pigeon, I'm far from an expert, but I think that is reversed.
Lower in the sky = red spectrum (think sunrise / sunset). Higher in the sky = blue spectrum (think more energy = shorter wavelengths = blue/UV).

Preparing an update! I have so much to get done today in the grow room that I will probably have an update after my update. I've got some transplanting to do some rearranging and hopefully some tinkering with a new inline. But, before I start, lets get motivated!
image26263.jpg

Monday Update

Good morning to all of you! I'm sending each of you positive vibes, love and encouragement.

It was a busy weekend in my household. We were out of town coaching a local soccer team during a tournament and unfortunately I was unable to check up on the rooms for an entire day. Something I'm never comfortable with. It's amazing how much can go wrong in such a little time. I only know this because its happened to me time and time again. HOWEVER, other then a watering, there was nothing wrong. Phew...:slide:...

I haven't checked the mail yet so, I'm not entirely sure if my fan his here yet. But, I will be checking shortly after I'm done this update.

CRITICAL HOG
She is really getting the best of me here. I'm still having a hard time keeping her on track however, she's still growing. Here colas are falling over already. I was told that this is a good problem to have. But, when you go to pick them up with your bare hands your hands are SO sticky!! Like, to the point you need to wash with soap and water to enjoy a clean hands day. :rofl:
image26265.jpg

ANESTHISIA
Coming up on her harvest quickly. At the beginning of her flowering stage I looked at her and thought "gosh she isn't going to be to plentiful." But, as she got taller and taller and I had to bend her to fit under the light, her colas/buds became quite large. So, ill be excited to see her finish!
She always been a bit tough to see against the other girls but she's a real pain to take in and out of the room. I have to untie her and walk real small to avoid smashing her top off anything. So, I don't take her out often.
image26266.jpg

image26267.jpg

image26268.jpg

GREEN CRACK
She's only week 2 of flower but she looks great. Progressing smoothly, filling out nicely and with an even canopy. She comes across as the teachers pet. Always doing as she's suppose to and I never have to worry about her. If I forget she's there she just keeps trotting along. (I would never forget her)
image26269.jpg

image26270.jpg

image26271.jpg

FLOWER BOMB KUSH
Ahh yes. My social experiment. :biglaugh: She is one that grows widely over night. She came into contact with my lights on several occasions. I tell her not to do this. She does not listen. So I moved the lights up a bit. But, this doesn't mean I'm giving in. I'm the boss! haha. I don't want to move the lights up too fast because there are two plants in here and they need equal attention. So I just keep bending her over.
image26272.jpg

image26274.jpg

MATARO BLUE
This girl is my favorite. She is the first girl that I had that I used the Green Planet Nutrients line from the beginning without Miracle Gro soil. Before this girl, I started all my other seeds in Miracle Gro then transplanted to HP Pro Mix. I don't recommend this because I find its quite hard to remove the nutrients from your medication. Often taking me 4-6 flushes and still needing more in order to get a reasonable PPM. Anyways, she's also my favorite because of they way she is filling out! She is so bushy and tight!
image26273.jpg

Thanks for checking out my deranged family! We appreciate you and encourage you to spread the love.

Back
Top Bottom