Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

re: Pigeons420 Flies the Koupe & Goes Perpetual in 2015

That Matero Blue is a pretty one Pigeons. You have a sweet thing going here now. Exciting, eh? Wow! The Anesthesia is incredible!!! Can't wait to see the weight on that one and the smoke report as well.

Don't you just love the thrill of harvest? WooHoo!!! Just a little longer on her.

oooooooo morning eye candy

Pigeon, I'm far from an expert, but I think that is reversed.
Lower in the sky = red spectrum (think sunrise / sunset). Higher in the sky = blue spectrum (think more energy = shorter wavelengths = blue/UV).

Ok, you had me face first in a couple articles for a few minutes there but I'm back.

I stand corrected.. My apologies. I do appreciate your patients with me :high-five:

Your description makes perfect sense now!

Hahahhah! Love it! Nice glass as well. Cant wait for the update!

Thanks Hunter! The glass was my birthday present to myself! muahaha

What a beautiful garden! You got it goin' on big time! :goodjob:

Thanks PITA!

I have a pertinent question (right up there with Batman's arm): anyone else garden naked? :scratchinghead:Haha it's so hot in there. :surf:

My grow room is too small. Not enough room for the plants and me and my ... :thedoubletake:

I believe the science behind spectrum color outside with the sun is as follows: winter to early spring is blue spectrum, late spring to early fall is.. About half and half, to high concentration of red, back to about even, then into more blue spectrum for winter because of the angle at which the sun rays hit the earth. When the rays of light hit the ozone/atmosphere at a flatter angle there are more particles for the rays to force themselves through because the total distance to the planets surface is greater; therefore the longer wider wave lengths (blue) make it through the dense particles of ozone and atmosphere. During the summer when the rays of light take a more direct, straight-on approach to the ozone and atmosphere the red spectrum (high frequency/short wave length) rays can pass through the particles without being stopped. The atmosphere is acting as a red spectrum filter when the rays of light have a longer path to travel. Its exactly the same as the reason you can hear your neighbor's bass through the wall but not the treble. The concrete is blocking those short, high-frequency waves.. But the big, long waves of the bass can make it through the particles.
edit: subbed up and ready to watch you move into the pro realm. Youre about four months ahead of me on the upgrade to perpetual. Im very excited for you pidge:cheesygrinsmiley:
:passitleft:

hell why not just cover both at all times

hell why not just cover both at all times

Because.... In veg your plant will stretch to much using red (flower) spectrum and your plant wont grow flowers(buds) properly with the blue spectrum..... Also you will get super tight nodes and a lot of leaves in flower if you put blue spectrum in... You can put a very small ratio of mixed spectrum but its best to stay on the correct one during your time line...

Thanks PITA!

I have a pertinent question (right up there with Batman's arm): anyone else garden naked? :scratchinghead:Haha it's so hot in there. :surf:

Yes

TRANSPLANT

Good evening Friends!

Earlier I had time to get Mataro Blue in a bigger pot. She was in a 2 gallon and is now in a 5 gallon Geo Pot. This was a first for me. I typically start my seeds in their final pot or I plant the seeds in a pot that I can just plant inside of another pot. They have a name but I can't think of it right now.

1) I got my new pot ready. I filled it about 3/4 of the way with HP Pro Mix. Then dug a little hole for the plant to go in.
image26296.jpg

2) Then I needed to loosen the pot from the soil. So I squished the pot a bit to break it up from the sides. This didn't take much effort at all. As soon as I flipped the pot upside down, the plant slid right out.
image26298.jpg

3) After the soil and plant were removed from the old pot, I plopped her right down into her new home, where she fit so proudly.
image26299.jpg

4) I think its important to note that I tried my best not to get dirt in her leaves and tops. I failed miserably at this and had to spend a little time blowing the dirt out of her cracks and crevasses. I wanted those sites to be clean and free to grow as normal as possible

5) After she was in her home I watered her gently until water came out the bottom of the pot.
image26300.jpg

I wish I was able to take a photo of her roots but I had a lot going on. But it looked great. I couldn't see many roots at all. Which means that she didn't get root bound and that I transplanted her in time. She will continue to thrive and grow big and bushy

Have a good night Folks!

That was as smooth as "text book" there. Could be a sticky :thumb:

Great documentation

Thanks Holmes!

I have no doubt that this can become a sticky situation. The moment I had the plant flipped over my heart rate doubled, I started to sweat and rush. I had to take a moment to take a deep breath and gather myself. But you're right, it was rather problem free and smooth.

Back
Top Bottom