Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

re: Pigeons420 Flies the Koupe & Goes Perpetual in 2015

Wait til you try to go from a 7 to a 25 gal pot. I thought I was gonna hemorrhage green paint! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Excellent job and update! :thumb:

WOW! No thank you! I think I would try her starting as seed in a 25 gallon pot. Now, I'm sure my inexperience is getting the best of me when I say that.

You Sir are too kind! I have just found a true passion in gardening and I'm thrilled that others are as excited as I am!

Pigenons, May i ask your thought on smart pot transplanting? What i mean is im curious as to why you up pot to only a little bigger smart pot opposed to just planting in that size to start with?

The reason I ask is, to my understanding the roots grow to the pot and through the fabric and then they get "air pruned" instead of circling the pot like a traditional pot. So it would seem that if you are only going to up pot a extra gallon, wouldn't it be better to just plant in that final pot?

Now I completely understand the concept of potting up and getting a tight root structure, but this would seem to only be accomplished by a traditional pot (Plastic) so the roots can circle the pot and keep growing like GreenThumbJ does. I can see where going from a 1 - 3 gallon to a huge 10+ gallon fabric pot would be beneficial I just would think what you have done here would stress out the plant more than it would help for only a extra gallon or so? Just picking your brain and hope we can discuss this as im curious! Your plants are looking sooooo good!
:high-five:

WOW! No thank you! I think I would try her starting as seed in a 25 gallon pot. Now, I'm sure my inexperience is getting the best of me when I say that.

No inexperience showing I can see. You are crushing it!

Pigenons, May i ask your thought on smart pot transplanting? What i mean is im curious as to why you up pot to only a little bigger smart pot opposed to just planting in that size to start with?

The reason I ask is, to my understanding the roots grow to the pot and through the fabric and then they get "air pruned" instead of circling the pot like a traditional pot. So it would seem that if you are only going to up pot a extra gallon, wouldn't it be better to just plant in that final pot?

Now I completely understand the concept of potting up and getting a tight root structure, but this would seem to only be accomplished by a traditional pot (Plastic) so the roots can circle the pot and keep growing like GreenThumbJ does. I can see where going from a 1 - 3 gallon to a huge 10+ gallon fabric pot would be beneficial I just would think what you have done here would stress out the plant more than it would help for only a extra gallon or so? Just picking your brain and hope we can discuss this as im curious! Your plants are looking sooooo good!
:high-five:
Well to be honest Hunter the only reason she was ever in the first pot was because I didn't have a 5 gallon for her to go into. I had to wait until I harvest one and had access to her pot. I would have normally started her in a 5 gallon pot from seed to harvest. I feel that's the best way to do handle it because you don't actually handle it. I'm a firm believer that our plants should be in nothing smaller than a 5 gallon. A since I only had a 2 gallon to start. I used what I had.

In terms of my opinion on smart pots. I believe in them for all the reasons you mentioned above. And to mention that these pots are economically and environmentally friendly. There not plastic, no going to fill up our landfills and for 5.99 a pot they're affordable.

For those that aren't familiar with what is being discussed. Here is a short video from none other then Jorge Cervantes to explain.

Transplanting from plastic to fabric pots

Hey thanks a lot Budz!! Glad you could make it over!!

Can't wait to see you start your journal!!

Wait til you try to go from a 7 to a 25 gal pot. I thought I was gonna hemorrhage green paint!
Excellent job and update!

Hemorrhage green paint what a visual

gotta learn that quote thing now

Bottom right of the post. It says "reply with quote" click on it and lt will auto fill your comment box with a quote to write under

Bottom right of the post. It says "reply with quote" click on it and lt will auto fill your comment box with a quote to write under

like this

lol fitting for your name

While I prepare my update I just want to remind everyone that every now and again everyone needs a helping hand. The 420 Magazine has helped me get to where I am. And I'm thankful.

So, don't hesitate to ask for assistance, ruffle some feathers and make some friendships. Go ahead! Have some fun!
image26338.jpg

I knew it! This is no surprise to me Sue!

Hahaha! I paused before hitting that "post" button. Haha! I figured that wouldn't surprise you Pigeons. The tent takes up 1/4 of my bedroom. It's the first thing I do every morning. :laughtwo:

While we are on this subject- maybe you guys can help me with this.
How does one do multiple quotes in one post? Know what I mean?
Like this-

originally posted by Blah - blah blah blah
----MY REPLY----

originally posted by Blah2- blah blah
-----MY REPLY TO BLAH2----

I see the quote icon on the far right of the options bar, but this doesn't give me the 'originally posted by' part.

Wow Pigeons, you're slamming it here. Excellent transplanting tutorial, by the way. :thumb:

While we are on this subject- maybe you guys can help me with this.
How does one do multiple quotes in one post? Know what I mean?
Like this-

----MY REPLY----

-----MY REPLY TO BLAH2----

I see the quote icon on the far right of the options bar, but this doesn't give me the 'originally posted by' part.

Hey Weasel, you hit the multiple quote button for each quote you want to include and then hit "reply with quote" on the last one and the system bundles them all in your post.

Hope that was clear enough for you. :love:

Back
Top Bottom