Quix Goes Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

Re: Quix goes BPN, Smart pots and Dirty Coco--SleeSkunk and Chemmy Jones

I'm in for this one :popcorn:
Awesome!!:welcome: Thanks for joining the fun HMG! hope you are well:Namaste:

Babies! :circle-of-love: And made it within the first two pages!! :)

Definitely wana see this Chemmy Jones more. I love anything with ChemDawg in it! Chemwreck Kush in your last grow sounds fabulous!

Good going on the Smart Pots! Either those or airpots... I've been impressed by both products. :thumb:

Babies! :circle-of-love: And made it within the first two pages!! :)

Definitely wana see this Chemmy Jones more. I love anything with ChemDawg in it! Chemwreck Kush in your last grow sounds fabulous!

Good going on the Smart Pots! Either those or airpots... I've been impressed by both products. :thumb:

Thank you THsea! I'll actually have to write up an addendum to my smoke report on the Chemwreck Kush...It is the best plant I've grown to date, and is by far the stinkiest herb I've ever had...It'll stink up a city block through the bag...And it's such a lovely funk, sweet and feuly, hint of berry, all dank. I love this one, and will be ordering more of her. they only come in regs, and thats fine with me. My hat is off to Connoiseur Genetics for this strain!!

Hoping the Smartpots give an added advantage, at least as far as yield goes...Good to see you THsea, I hope you are well:Namaste:

are there any seats left? if not show me some place where I can stand. love to see the garden grow:):peace:

are there any seats left? if not show me some place where I can stand. love to see the garden grow:):peace:
No standing around here, bean bag lounge in coloseum style so everyone can see...Glad to have you along, hope you enjoy!:welcome:

Pictures and update coming tonight or tomorrow so stay tuned...

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

well then Ill go ahead and take a seat too! :Namaste: looking good so far brotha

Thank you for the kind words Deege! :welcome: Glad to have you aboard. This journal may be a little slow going, but all pertinent info should be here over the course. This weekend is my anniversary, so the update is a bit behind. I should have it up by tomorrow eve.
The plants are starting to come out of their shock from topping, but need one more cut to give the 4 colas...I may just LST them from here in order to get them flowering...So far, I'm not a fan of topping...too much shock and too much recovery time...something to think about:hmmmm:
Thanks again for stopping in:Namaste:

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

Anniversary Shmanniversary, I want pictures!

:rofl:

Nah, happy anniversary my brotha! :high-five:

Anniversary Shmanniversary, I want pictures!

:rofl:

Nah, happy anniversary my brotha! :high-five:

Thanks so much Brother X:thumb:
It was a pretty great night...Got a fancy shmancy hotel downtown, transportation to and from a high end steak house, and enjoyed a very fine fillet-mignon, with 3 other courses. She was pretty blown away, good thing too, cuz so is my bank account lol!

I should probably drop Corey a line to let him know the journal is going...Been a busy few weeks
See you soon with an update, hope all is well in the X residence!:Namaste:

Ok folks, quick update...

As I've mentioned recently, I'm fast aquiring a distaste for topping. It seems to be extremely stressful on the plants. One can easily see it, not only in the slowing of growth, but in the 3 and 4 blade leaves they shoot off after trauma. I think I'll try to revisit FIMing, as it only employs one cut to create 4 tops, cutting veg time by at least a week or two, when you factor in recovery times after each topping.

The plants were showing signs of hunger, so I bumped the feeding with BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTSup to the next level. I'm going with the feeding schedule on the bottles this run, and will use the schedule on the web site on the next run. I'm doing it that way to show that the nutes are flexible, versitile and forgiving. I've seen it done elsewhere, and am not concerned in the least about a slight variation in feeding schedules.

Fed @ 12.5 ml Grow-7.5 ml Micro-7.5 ml Bloom
I will bump it up to "aggressive growth" on the next feeding

Here are the two toppers after a week recovery...I'm itching to get them sexed and flowering, so two tops is all they may get...Although, I have this strange feeling that I should go through with the topping, and take clones for the next run...:hmmmm:
Anyway, notice the 3 leaf stress leaves...(Don't worry, they're already putting out 5 leavers again)
P5060003.JPG
P5060002.JPG
P5060001.JPG

Hope all is well in your worlds:Namaste:

Give em time.....of course it slows them down.....it should when you think about it. The side view looks really good
you can see it's working. My friend the impatient old HEN!
:circle-of-love:

Give em time.....of course it slows them down.....it should when you think about it. The side view looks really good
you can see it's working. My friend the impatient old HEN!
:circle-of-love:

I know, I'm a bit impatient...I just think 6 weeks is a little long to veg if my plants are only going to be 6 inches high lol...I think I'm going to crack some more beans tonight, to account for the slow growth after topping. This will give me a nice 8-9 week veg for the next run, giving me some decent sized bushes. At the end of that 8-9 weeks I should be harvesting these....Oh crap...Did I just go perpetual??:lot-o-toke:

Thanks for stopping in OMM, I hope all is well on the island!:circle-of-love:

I know, I'm a bit impatient...I just think 6 weeks is a little long to veg if my plants are only going to be 6 inches high lol...I think I'm going to crack some more beans tonight, to account for the slow growth after topping. This will give me a nice 8-9 week veg for the next run, giving me some decent sized bushes. At the end of that 8-9 weeks I should be harvesting these....Oh crap...Did I just go perpetual??:lot-o-toke:

Thanks for stopping in OMM, I hope all is well on the island!:circle-of-love:

Glad you knew I was just pulling your leg a bit. :circle-of-love:

Great idea Quix ! Like you said....more time to veg.

Yes, you just went into perpetual........I think you wanted to anyway!

Things are going good on the island tonight! Thanks!:Namaste:

Sounds like a nice night out for the anniversary.

Your plants look really good. 8 or 9 weeks veg sounds good, I let my Lemon Lazerlite go that long and she made a nice sized bush.

Great start to the new grow, Brother Quix! :welldone:
+REPS

Topping is considered "HST" (HIGH stress training) and does take a little longer for the plants to recover. You may want to try LST to get more tops without slowing down growth. I have also found that UBT-style topping allows for very quick recovery, with virtually no slowing in growth rate. I'm not sure why this is so, but the plants do seem to recover much quicker topping this way.

so can you please say more about ubt style?:peace:dont want to put my nose where it dont belong. just havent heard of ubt:peace:

subd mate, i never heard of it either, but if it speeds things up then me wants to know,

Back
Top Bottom