SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

re: SmokeyMcFly's Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry Highbrix LED Grow

Some new pictures. They got their second Cat Drench last night. I am thinking the blue dream will need another round in a few more weeks. She will probably take 11 or 12 weeks from what I have been reading. New lights come soon, first one on monday and the second one shows up on tuesday :) Can't wait I dont think the reduced light is doing them any favors.

DSC_3582.jpg
DSC_3576.jpg
DSC_3565.jpg

DSC_3553.jpg
DSC_3550.jpg
DSC_3536.jpg
DSC_2874.jpg

Thanks guys! I can't wait for the new lights while I am bummed they got shorted a week I know in the end the better lighting will offset any loss during that week and it forced me to stop screwing around and upgrade :)

I now have both p300s up and running along with my marsII 400w. Gov you were right a single p300 was not quite enough to fully cover my blue dream and was at least a half a foot short on the short side. I currently have both the platinums over the blue dream and the mars over the hurkle. Another p300 to replace the mars would really fill my 3'x5' space in nicely. I could probably get away fine with just two of them but I feel like three is just the right amount and I would still be under 600w total draw for flowering lighting :thumb: I am very happy so far with the platinums I just wish they would advertise real coverage areas. I understand its a marketing game and everyone is playing it but its makes it a nightmare for a consumer to figure out how much light they really need to buy.

Here is a quick shot of the tent with all 3 lights in it. Now I gotta get my little reflectors back in my veg tent and all will be back to normal.

In other news my hurkle clone finally started to grow so thats cool I was worried about her. Ill get some real pics up later tonight or tomorrow depending on how lazy I am :)

IMAG13405.jpg

Since taking the pictures I elevated the hurkle to be more even with the blue dream and raised the mars. Now part of the hurkle is getting some of the light from the platinum. I figure if I rotate it every day or two it should get some benefit from the extra spectrum even though its not its main source of light.

Some of the fan leaves are starting to hook over pretty bad on the blue dream. I sprayed her with stress tonight once I noticed it in the pictures. Tomorrow is water night, is this a sign she needs a growth or transplant drench? I don't think its the light change. I went back and looked at the last set of pictures and it had already started. They got their second cat drench on the 25th and haven't got much transplant drench at all, haven't really been doing the transplant in every watering thing this time around. I was planing on giving them a good transplant drench soon anyway so I guess I will do it tomorrow unless this is a sign it needs energy instead?

Thanks!

DSC_3697.jpg

Some of the fan leaves are starting to hook over pretty bad on the blue dream. I sprayed her with stress tonight once I noticed it in the pictures. Tomorrow is water night, is this a sign she needs a growth or transplant drench? I don't think its the light change. I went back and looked at the last set of pictures and it had already started. They got their second cat drench on the 25th and haven't got much transplant drench at all, haven't really been doing the transplant in every watering thing this time around. I was planing on giving them a good transplant drench soon anyway so I guess I will do it tomorrow unless this is a sign it needs energy instead?

Thanks!

DSC_3697.jpg

I'd just water the next time, if you used a drench on the 25th. That's not the "claw" that looks more like the roots got kinda wet. Everything should be just fine....let 'em dry out a bit, but continue to drip water down the top to keep the soil slightly moist.

Container growing is tricky....no doubt about it.

Thanks Doc! I am thinking they weren't drinking as much as normal when they only had the wimpy light for the last week. I will take it easy on her for a bit till she is back to normal. The built in support system you provide for high brix has to be the most underrated benefit of your kit :)

Thanks Doc! I am thinking they weren't drinking as much as normal when they only had the wimpy light for the last week. I will take it easy on her for a bit till she is back to normal. The built in support system you provide for high brix has to be the most underrated benefit of your kit :)

Yep, it was the low light conditions for sure....lower metabolism and wet feet does that to leaves. Just let 'em dry out.

Hope everyone had a fantastic new year!

Had an additional issue with the tent since my last update. My intake ducting fell down and was stuck with the opening flat against the floor of the tent not allowing much air to get circulated through the tent. I think this happened when I put the new lights in and raised the hurkle and it was at least a couple days before I realized what was happening. This combined with the coldest night of the year causing the heat to run a lot and my temps right by the canopy were at 88 when I woke up at 5 am and looked at it. Now everything is back to normal and it didn't seem to do much damage. I also ran the reflectors to close to the hurkle for the week I was short on light. I have a couple spotted up and light burned big fan leaves on it but over all it seems like its going to be ok. Sucks when you have an equipment failure it ends up leading to other things getting messed up because of the changes I had to make.

I am planing on using my 5x5 tent as my veg and mother tent once I get the mini split and just run my flowering plants in the room with no tent. This will give me another foot of vertical space and make it easier to control the temps in the flowering area with the mini split instead of trying to compensate for the temp & RH diff between the room and the tent.

I have to send the macro lens back tomorrow, it was just a rental so I will be taking a ton of pictures tonight so expect a huge dump coming soon :)

Hope everyone had a fantastic new year!

Had an additional issue with the tent since my last update. My intake ducting fell down and was stuck with the opening flat against the floor of the tent not allowing much air to get circulated through the tent. I think this happened when I put the new lights in and raised the hurkle and it was at least a couple days before I realized what was happening. This combined with the coldest night of the year causing the heat to run a lot and my temps right by the canopy were at 88 when I woke up at 5 am and looked at it. Now everything is back to normal and it didn't seem to do much damage. I also ran the reflectors to close to the hurkle for the week I was short on light. I have a couple spotted up and light burned big fan leaves on it but over all it seems like its going to be ok. Sucks when you have an equipment failure it ends up leading to other things getting messed up because of the changes I had to make.

I am planing on using my 5x5 tent as my veg and mother tent once I get the mini split and just run my flowering plants in the room with no tent. This will give me another foot of vertical space and make it easier to control the temps in the flowering area with the mini split instead of trying to compensate for the temp & RH diff between the room and the tent.

I have to send the macro lens back tomorrow, it was just a rental so I will be taking a ton of pictures tonight so expect a huge dump coming soon :)

Spray with DeStress and don't worry about it. 88 won't kill 'em if only for a day or two.

Thanks Doc, other then browning up the tips of the leaves a bit it didn't really seem to hurt them much. Running the reflectors to close for the week looked like it did more damage than the temps. I can't wait to get my new setup finished it should create a much more stable env and not need to be fiddled with every time outside temps and seasons change :thumb: Being able to seal the room should make the humidity control a ton easier also, the air is so dry here I have a really hard time keeping it high enough during lights on with the door open.

Edit, I already broke it to the wife that I was going to be getting a mini split and she was really cool with it all, especially once I explained that she will have full control of the house heating and cooling again and that we can keep the door shut and it sealed off from the rest of the house so no more smell leakage either :thumb:

I will probably be getting it put in as soon as I can get my tax return done for the year :)

Picture time :)

Hurkle Clone
DSC_3896.jpg

Super Lemon Haze Seedling
DSC_38951.jpg

Random shots, hurkle is the smaller plant in the front, also it's the one with frostier more compact buds in the close ups.
DSC_38941.jpg
DSC_3884.jpg
DSC_3868.jpg
DSC_3867.jpg
DSC_3863.jpg
DSC_3858.jpg
DSC_3853.jpg
DSC_3846.jpg
DSC_3842.jpg
DSC_3838.jpg
DSC_3824.jpg

Back