SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

re: SmokeyMcFly's Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry Highbrix LED Grow

Nice if your girl smokes you have it made. Grow her some HighBrix buds and she will let you do what ever you want with your garden. My wife tried it the other night, took 3 or 4 hits off a J while we were out shooting the meteor shower and she was wrecked and didn't like it at all. This stuff is no joke, much stronger then anything I was able to get at the dispensaries. I should of only let her have one hit then she might of actually enjoyed it. I smoke so much of it I forget what it can do to someone that never smokes...

Are you going to use Docs kit? I can't recommend it enough its so much cheaper than buying all the junk not to mention everything just works and you end up with some of the most amazingly potent and tasty nugs ever :thumb:

I was in a hurry my first grow and didn't want to wait for his kit soil to cook so I grew without it and in the end I wasted a bunch of money and time only to throw it away because it wasn't worth smoking. Waiting another month for his kit to cook would of saved me 3 or 4 months of needing to buy from the dispensary but I didn't want to wait :(

Are you gonna start a journal?

Plants are going to get their first Cat Drench tomorrow. The Blue dream is filling out nicely and the Hurkle has visibly more trics today than it did yesterday so I think they're ready. Since I water every two days I am planning on giving them plain water between the two Cat drenches this time so it would get the second one 4 days after the first unless this is a bad idea? Seems like its a bit much to hit them with both only two days apart. They are a full 3.5 (H) and 4 (BD) weeks since flip at this point.

Nice if your girl smokes you have it made. Grow her some HighBrix buds and she will let you do what ever you want with your garden. My wife tried it the other night, took 3 or 4 hits off a J while we were out shooting the meteor shower and she was wrecked and didn't like it at all. This stuff is no joke, much stronger then anything I was able to get at the dispensaries. I should of only let her have one hit then she might of actually enjoyed it. I smoke so much of it I forget what it can do to someone that never smokes...

Yeah sometimes I feel that way too. That damn word "tolerance".......lol.

Are you going to use Docs kit? I can't recommend it enough its so much cheaper than buying all the junk not to mention everything just works and you end up with some of the most amazingly potent and tasty nugs ever :thumb:

Yes and no....I have been reading ur journal and docs link to highbrix growing...I feel like that is a lot to take on for my first grow...really never even planted flowers. But yes this method intrigues me very much. And the system seems logical....that's the way I think....lol.

I was in a hurry my first grow and didn't want to wait for his kit soil to cook so I grew without it and in the end I wasted a bunch of money and time only to throw it away because it wasn't worth smoking. Waiting another month for his kit to cook would of saved me 3 or 4 months of needing to buy from the dispensary but I didn't want to wait :(

Yeah I hear that....I'm a very impatient person.....
Are you gonna start a journal?

Yeah I'm gonna start my journal when we get back from antigua......I will certainly sent u and invite.

Keep up the great highbrix grow.......

I hear you. High Brix seems like a lot to wrap your head around but the reality is its the easiest to use hardest to eff up way you could possibly grow IMO. I did the same thing and ended up growing in just plain pro-mix while I waited for my soil to cook. I ended up needing to buy a PH meter and a bunch of nutes to try and keep them healthy and it was garbage in the end. I just don't want to see you waste 4 months like I did.

A typical week in high brix growing.
Water each flowering plant every two days. Once a week or so I add a couple ml from a couple bottles of stuff to the water and give it to them instead of the plain water. Also once a week I add 2ml to a little spray bottle of water and spray the underside of the leaves.

Thats pretty much it man. No fucking around with PH, no trying to figure out what its getting to much of or not enough of. Just super easy worry free growing. I would never go back to traditional methods after using high brix for anything. If Doc stopped offering the Kit tomorrow I promise you a bunch of us would be trying to figure out how to get the stuff direct from the lab, its just so good and easy that after using it no other way makes sense.

I know on the surface it can seem like its complicated or more work but its actually just the opposite of that in reality, GL with what ever you decide but if you want great plants on easy mode order docs kit and get your soil cooking and don't look back :thumb:

It's just so beginner friendly. I know lots of people grow amazing buds with other methods but I assure you they have a much higher skill level and way more knowledge than I do. Really i'm just a noob that has great plants because the kit takes away the need for all that knowledge and experience. If I was using traditional methods I know I would not have plants as healthy as I do and they would be much more work to take care of. Like Doc says if you can follow simple directions you can grow great plants with the kit and it couldn't be more true :thumb:

I'm gonna get some new pics up tonight. I like to take before and after of the cat drenches the change is unbelievable.

Enjoy the rest of your SmokeDay everyone :thumb:

Hey I been looking into the highbrix method.....and maybe a dumb question......but what is amendment and everything u use.....is that actually the name of it or is that slang for something....I guess my question is how do I go about acquiring the highbrix kit....

Yup like Gov said PM Doc and check that thread out. Also here is a link to the directions. In The Lab

The kit comes with everything you need except for promix worm castings and your measuring and spraying devices obviously.

Im gonna break it down for you because it seems complicated at first but once you realize a couple things its actually very very easy.

You will get a bag of amendment with your kit, it looks like a bag of mixed colored pebbles. You simply mix this into your pro-mix with a bag of worm castings and some water and let it cook for a month and its ready to use. Keep this somewhere with temps in the 70s you don't want it to get to hot or cold, its got living organisms in it.

You will also get a bag of root powder, order a bulk bag of this in addition to your kit its 12$ extra, its super useful for recycling your soil after your grow so you don't need to buy new soil every grow. Im on second round soil on this grow and its amazing. People report improved results from the last round up to about 4 cycles and then it starts to have issues and is ready to be replaced or have some major work done. Don't worry to much about recycling your soil yet just be aware that you can do it and it will save you money and give you even better results than with first run soil.

The foliar sprays, get a little spray bottle and a couple ml measuring spoons or droppers at the drug store. Keep one for your tea and one for everything else, don't let the tea mix with anything else or it will get ruined. The spray bottle I have takes 2 oz of water, the mix for sprays is 1ml to 1oz of RO or distilled water, very easy. You want to spray them right after the lights come on or as close to it as possible.

The drenches are also easier to think of in ml per plant and ignore the amount of water your mixing them in with. I do around 4 or 5ml per plant on a full drench. So 2 plants get 8-10ml of drench along with 2ml of the tea mixed in how ever much water you are going to give them for the day, you don't need to worry about PPM or PH, just add and water.

The sprays are what actually feed your plant, the drenches keep the soil energy up so the microbes can do their thing and feed the plants, this is triggered by the sprays and the plant tells the microbes what it needs some how, thats the key to this all being so easy. Your not trying to figure out what it needs it works it all out for you auto-magically like :)

Make sure you have good clean water, no chlorine or chloramine (it will jack up the microbes) and make sure its not too hard or you will have not as good of results. A little RO unit is a great investment for any growing method unless you have amazing well water or something like that. If you have city water with chloramine make sure you get one with a pre filter capable of removing the chloramine.

Those are the big things to get you going with the directions. It actually helps that you haven't used normal nutes yet. Most people focus on PPM and how much water they're mixing the drenches in and with this it just doesn't matter anymore.

Let me know if you have any questions :thumb:

I've really been enjoying this discussion. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's so much like my own experience with the kit. Hard to screw up, surprisingly simple to do, and sheesh, y'know, the magic. :straightface: The plants just flourish, all on their own. *shrug*

You don't have to even know what you're doing, and you'll turn out buds that will blow you, and especially other people, away. And the terpenes! When a plant is in control of its own needs, things turn out much better.

I'm eager to get my new soil into rotation. Everything is improving already. :thumb:

Yup like Gov said PM Doc and check that thread out. Also here is a link to the directions. In The Lab

The kit comes with everything you need except for promix worm castings and your measuring and spraying devices obviously.

Im gonna break it down for you because it seems complicated at first but once you realize a couple things its actually very very easy.

You will get a bag of amendment with your kit, it looks like a bag of mixed colored pebbles. You simply mix this into your pro-mix with a bag of worm castings and some water and let it cook for a month and its ready to use. Keep this somewhere with temps in the 70s you don't want it to get to hot or cold, its got living organisms in it.

You will also get a bag of root powder, order a bulk bag of this in addition to your kit its 12$ extra, its super useful for recycling your soil after your grow so you don't need to buy new soil every grow. Im on second round soil on this grow and its amazing. People report improved results from the last round up to about 4 cycles and then it starts to have issues and is ready to be replaced or have some major work done. Don't worry to much about recycling your soil yet just be aware that you can do it and it will save you money and give you even better results than with first run soil.

The foliar sprays, get a little spray bottle and a couple ml measuring spoons or droppers at the drug store. Keep one for your tea and one for everything else, don't let the tea mix with anything else or it will get ruined. The spray bottle I have takes 2 oz of water, the mix for sprays is 1ml to 1oz of RO or distilled water, very easy. You want to spray them right after the lights come on or as close to it as possible.

The drenches are also easier to think of in ml per plant and ignore the amount of water your mixing them in with. I do around 4 or 5ml per plant on a full drench. So 2 plants get 8-10ml of drench along with 2ml of the tea mixed in how ever much water you are going to give them for the day, you don't need to worry about PPM or PH, just add and water.

The sprays are what actually feed your plant, the drenches keep the soil energy up so the microbes can do their thing and feed the plants, this is triggered by the sprays and the plant tells the microbes what it needs some how, thats the key to this all being so easy. Your not trying to figure out what it needs it works it all out for you auto-magically like :)

Make sure you have good clean water, no chlorine or chloramine (it will jack up the microbes) and make sure its not too hard or you will have not as good of results. A little RO unit is a great investment for any growing method unless you have amazing well water or something like that. If you have city water with chloramine make sure you get one with a pre filter capable of removing the chloramine.

Those are the big things to get you going with the directions. It actually helps that you haven't used normal nutes yet. Most people focus on PPM and how much water they're mixing the drenches in and with this it just doesn't matter anymore.

Let me know if you have any questions :thumb:

Thanks smokey....that puts a lot of info on one page for me. I have been going throw docs thread.....man there is a lot to sift through.

Yeah I got well water.....it's pretty hard though I believe around 105-110 of hardness....this is before the softener, which I am assuming is better than after he softener.

The more I read the more I'm intrigued.....thanks again smokey and chz.

Thanks smokey....that puts a lot of info on one page for me. I have been going throw docs thread.....man there is a lot to sift through.

Yeah I got well water.....it's pretty hard though I believe around 105-110 of hardness....this is before the softener, which I am assuming is better than after he softener.

The more I read the more I'm intrigued.....thanks again smokey and chz.

If your well water is 100 range....it is GREAT water for growing plants.

Please do not every use soft water on your plants. Never. Don't use it. Never. It's loaded with sodium and will absolutely destroy everything.

Well water with some minerals is perfect! Test the PPM and total alkalynity of your well and if the TA is less than 200 you'll be very happy....consider yourself blessed if the Total Alkalinity is around 100 or less.

RO is second best. Good well or spring water is better.

So bad news one quarter of my big MarsII is not lighting up anymore, wonder how long thats been going on for. I have been wanting to get a PlatinumLED light for a while anyway so I might replace it with one of those and then see about getting it fixed to have as a backup. Still trying to figure out what size I need, anyone running these, how are their listed coverage area compared to usable coverage area?

My two mom plants got major hair cuts today, I snipped about 2' of vertical growth off of each of them they were starting to drop leaves like crazy at the bottoms. Gave them a nice energy drench and destress spray too :) They might need their root ball trimmed before to long and repotted.

Super Lemon Haze has sprouted and looks healthy and I think I finally got a cut of blue dream and Plushberry that are going to survive :thumb: Im not sure about my hurkle cut it hasn't changed in a month now. It's not dying but isn't growing either, I assume its just revege shock since that cut was taken after she was flipped.

Flowering plants got cat drench tonight. Some pictures

Hurkle Closeup
DSC_2874.jpg

Blue Dream Closeup
DSC_2796.jpg

Random Shots
DSC_2847.jpg

DSC_2840.jpg
DSC_2816.jpg
DSC_2812.jpg
DSC_2809.jpg
DSC_2802.jpg
DSC_2795.jpg
DSC_2789.jpg
DSC_2784.jpg

So more bad news. The marsII that is having issues was hot on the corner that isn't working and not hot anywhere else. I don't know if it's a fire hazard or not but I do know if I catch our house on fire I will never be aloud to grow again. To be safe I pulled it out and did a bunch of swapping. I currently have the 400 mars over the blue dream and my 2 little reflectors over my hurkle and part of the blue dream. I consolidated my veg plants into the tent with the t5 until I can get a replacement and everything back to normal. This is why I like having multiple smaller lights, if I only had one big LED for flower instead of two I would be even more screwed right now. I ordered a p300 to replace my broken marsII 700 for now and if I like it as much as everyone else I will replace the MarsII 400 with another one, maybe even two more eventually. :)

From what I have read I on tavs journal and other places it sounds like the p300 can replace the marsII 700 in growing ability and then some with half the watts, if so that would be awesome :thumb:

Even though the marsII only lasted a year I can't really complain. It was an affordable option when I had a lot of expenses getting everything setup and there wasn't as many options a year ago as there is now. Back then it seemed like a lot of the more expensive units were just that, more expensive and not much else. Plus according to their warranty they will send me a part to fix it I just have to pay the shipping since I had it over a year so there isn't a whole lot to complain about. They certainly grew me some fantastic smoke over the last year and more than paid for themselves :thumb:

Thanks for the discount code Tav and PlatinumLED :)

IMO, a P300 can do the work of a Mars II 700...but only just, depending on the size of plant and needed footprint. I'd supplement in flower if I had the option (a 2nd P300 to flower would be ideal). Not because of anything other than coverage area.

In veg, a P300 can do BETTER than a MII700...with less power draw and less heat. I've seen that first hand.

:cool:

Thanks Gov, think it can cover a 2.5 x 3' area properly? They have it listed as 3.8 x 4.5' at 18", I figured a little over a foot each way less than what they list would be safe and they will have overlap area in the middle thats getting light from both panels. I picked the 300 since it looked like it could be ran as low as 1' from the highest colas at the end of flowering without issues. Since I only have a 7' tent to work with right now I did't want to get panels that need 2' or more of clearance and still end up blasting the center colas right under them and all the lower side colas aren't getting much light. With the 300s I figure I can go with as many as 4 if needed but I already grow more than I need with the mars 400 and 700 in there so im not really looking for more yield just higher quality light and more even coverage of the whole canopy. I have only been growing in a 3x5' area of my 5x5' tent and am hoping 2 of these will cover it properly and I can grow two nice big plants with two of them but im not opposed to adding a third to that area if needed. Someday I might add a spot for a third plant but not sure what I would do with it all come harvest time :) Should I of got two of the 450s instead it might not be to late to change it or I could add a p150 or two to them later if its not enough. I went in circles for hours last night over what to get :p

My biggest plant so far is this blue dream , she is 3x3' and was under the 700 but I was already about to run out of vertical space with her and the old light. I didn't intend for her to get this big, she got a little more veg time then I planed and really took off but i'm not complain :)

Subbed. Just getting caught up the plants look fantastic. I currently have blue dream and super lemon haze in amended soil (high brix is cooking) and they are at the same stage of flower as your blue dream so I will be following closely. I do HVAC (heating ventilation and air conditioning for those that don't know) for a living so I can assist with those types of questions if anyone needs help. As far as mini-split (ductless systems) goes there are a ton of manufacturers out there with varying price ranges and efficiencies. One thing I would make sure of is whether the indoor unit (the wall mount) needs a separate electrical circuit. Ideally you want to power that wall mount from the condenser (outdoor unit). This will save big time on electrical installation (if you have to hire it done). You will need an HVAC person to do the start up and refrigerant charge adjustment if you want a proper running system. The other thing to consider is whether the unit will heat as well (heat pump version). This feature will not add much money to the cost of the unit and is well worth it. These types of units are usually much more efficient than your house system and can maintain your grow room at or near ideal conditions (except for raising the humidity). Hope that helps and I look forward to following along.

If your well water is 100 range....it is GREAT water for growing plants.

Please do not every use soft water on your plants. Never. Don't use it. Never. It's loaded with sodium and will absolutely destroy everything.

Well water with some minerals is perfect! Test the PPM and total alkalynity of your well and if the TA is less than 200 you'll be very happy....consider yourself blessed if the Total Alkalinity is around 100 or less.

RO is second best. Good well or spring water is better.

Thanks for the info doc....I will definitely check my water out....actually I had it tested a year ago I'll see if I can find the results....I know they had to drill just under 100ft.....

So more bad news. The marsII that is having issues was hot on the corner that isn't working and not hot anywhere else. I don't know if it's a fire hazard or not but I do know if I catch our house on fire I will never be aloud to grow again. To be safe I pulled it out and did a bunch of swapping. I currently have the 400 mars over the blue dream and my 2 little reflectors over my hurkle and part of the blue dream. I consolidated my veg plants into the tent with the t5 until I can get a replacement and everything back to normal. This is why I like having multiple smaller lights, if I only had one big LED for flower instead of two I would be even more screwed right now. I ordered a p300 to replace my broken marsII 700 for now and if I like it as much as everyone else I will replace the MarsII 400 with another one, maybe even two more eventually. :)

From what I have read I on tavs journal and other places it sounds like the p300 can replace the marsII 700 in growing ability and then some with half the watts, if so that would be awesome :thumb:

Even though the marsII only lasted a year I can't really complain. It was an affordable option when I had a lot of expenses getting everything setup and there wasn't as many options a year ago as there is now. Back then it seemed like a lot of the more expensive units were just that, more expensive and not much else. Plus according to their warranty they will send me a part to fix it I just have to pay the shipping since I had it over a year so there isn't a whole lot to complain about. They certainly grew me some fantastic smoke over the last year and more than paid for themselves :thumb:

Thanks for the discount code Tav and PlatinumLED :)

Ouch....I just picked up two mars 900.... One for back up.....hope they last. Sounds like they got pretty good customer service though.....

Back
Top Bottom