SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

re: SmokeyMcFly's Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry Highbrix LED Grow

Hey Doc quick question about RH.

Now that I have it up around 60% it stays high for a few hours after lights out and then stays around 55% without the humidifier running till lights on when I kick up the humidifier again to get back up to 60%. Is this going to be a problem later in flowering, I have never had a PM problem but I would like to keep it that way. If I need to I can get a dehumidifier to run once the lights kick off.

Thanks!

Hey Doc quick question about RH.

Now that I have it up around 60% it stays high for a few hours after lights out and then stays around 55% without the humidifier running till lights on when I kick up the humidifier again to get back up to 60%. Is this going to be a problem later in flowering, I have never had a PM problem but I would like to keep it that way. If I need to I can get a dehumidifier to run once the lights kick off.

Thanks!

Does it spike up over 60? If so, that could be a problem. It happens as the temperatures rapidly cool after the lights go out.

Try bumping it down to 55% and make sure your dehum is up to the job.

Also, if you have a heater run for 2 hours after lights off that solves the problem as well. Like this:

Lights on temps 80
Lights off temps 68
Set heater for 74 degrees for two hours.

The sudden drop in temp raises rH, because warm air can hold more water in vapor than cold air.

Thanks Doc. I just setup my saturn controller but my humidifier doesn't auto turn back on so its kind of a pain. At least I can have it shut off as soon as the lights go off instead of when ever I decide to wake up. I will keep an eye on it and make sure its not spiking over 60 if it is I will grab a little heater or a dehumidifier.

Some close up pics I took tonight from the last harvest.

DSC_2060.jpg
DSC_2059.jpg
DSC_20581.jpg
DSC_20562.jpg
DSC_2052.jpg
DSC_2024.jpg

DSC_2056-2.jpg

Now That's how ya grow fine cannabis!

:thumb:

Beautiful!

Nice furry nugs there. :thumb:

I've been paying closer attention to my rh lately too. For a long time, I was aware, but it simply was what it was. I've had some unusual spikes in rh myself, but it's mostly because we're still transitioning from AC to heat and haven't settled on one or the other yet. We're still expecting mid-high 70's this weekend. That sounds perfect, but when the ambient temp is close to what I want in my room, it's like balancing on a knife-edge. I have a small dehumidifier, but it's not up to the task of rapid adjustment. It seems to really only be about 2-3% effective, but it's better than nothing.

:peace::cool:

Yup its by far the two hardest things to get just right and then once you do the seasons change and everything gets all messed up all over again.

I found out some interesting data last night. According to my Saturn the temp is a few degrees higher then I thought and my RH is about 5% lower than I thought. The sensor is much closer to the lights than my normal one is so that could be part of it. Back in the summer I was pushing 82 - 84 at times so if it was 5 degrees higher under the lights no wonder I was cooking them especially since I was running my RH low and it was probably even lower than I thought it was if the Saturn is correct.

I really need to get some kind of stand alone cooling in my room so I can set it and not have it mess up the house temps but I don't know what to get. Now that its winter its not to bad but it could be better.

Also I haven't been able to find a humidifer with auto restart anywhere, anyone have any ideas? If I cant find one I might need to just set it for 55% 24/7 not sure yet.

Thanks!

Graco 4 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier
I've had this one since 3/13 and had no problems.

Graco 4 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier
I've had this one since 3/13 and had no problems.

Thanks ! Just to make sure, if you kill power to it and then give it power again it will start running as it was before loosing power? If so you just made my life much easier :)

Edit not sure it matters it was discontinued and I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks though

I have a generic cool mist humidifier that holds about 1.2 gallons and has 2 settings. If it's really dry (<40% here is really dry), I set it to the one with 2 dots...lol. Otherwise, I only run it in veg and use it to make gradual, smallish adjustments that I monitor manually. If it climbs really fast, I turn it down or maybe even turn it off for an hour or so then restart on low. Doing this I've been able to keep it between 42%- 67% as low and high extremes. It stays right in the mid-50's without assistance, and I've tried to keep it at 60% through vegetative period.

Which brings up the dedicated AC. The best solution, IMO, is a portable mini-split that I can draw and exhaust easily through 4" vent tube. They are a good bit higher cost than a window unit, but even a small window unit would draw suspicion in my neighborhood if it were sticking out either of the windows in my grow room. A mini-split, I can vent right into the attic and use my carbon filters as simply air-cleaner, re-circulators in the grow room.

hmmm...now I'm thinking about it again too. :cool:

I have a generic cool mist humidifier that holds about 1.2 gallons and has 2 settings. If it's really dry (<40% here is really dry), I set it to the one with 2 dots...lol. Otherwise, I only run it in veg and use it to make gradual, smallish adjustments that I monitor manually. If it climbs really fast, I turn it down or maybe even turn it off for an hour or so then restart on low. Doing this I've been able to keep it between 42%- 67% as low and high extremes. It stays right in the mid-50's without assistance, and I've tried to keep it at 60% through vegetative period.

Which brings up the dedicated AC. The best solution, IMO, is a portable mini-split that I can draw and exhaust easily through 4" vent tube. They are a good bit higher cost than a window unit, but even a small window unit would draw suspicion in my neighborhood if it were sticking out either of the windows in my grow room. A mini-split, I can vent right into the attic and use my carbon filters as simply air-cleaner, re-circulators in the grow room.

Minisplits are also excellent heaters and dehumidifiers. That's the way to go if you want to level up to an optimal environment. You won't be sorry if you do that. No, you'll be very happy! Things will just go better for no reason at all when the environment is good.

Do you need to exhaust it because its a portable one? An in window unit would also look very strange in my grow room window and isn't an option for me either. I was looking at normal mini splits because i'm worried about the extra elec draw of an in room unit and I have no way to get plumbing to it. I figure with a normal one they could install it down by my power panel and real AC unit which is directly below the one side of my grow room and just run the line up and mount the internal part right on that wall but I really don't understand how they work.

Minisplits are also excellent heaters and dehumidifiers. That's the way to go if you want to level up to an optimal environment. You won't be sorry if you do that. No, you'll be very happy! Things will just go better for no reason at all when the environment is good.

Thanks Doc, I was thinking a mini split is the only real option for me if I want a perfect env. I need to do more research but I am thinking that i'm gonna have one in by spring time. With the amount of money I am saving by not buying from the dispensary now the cost isn't such a big deal and it will allow us to use our house system how ever we want again which will make the wiffey happy :D

which will make the wiffey happy :D

I usually say the most important thing in growing is the environment, but that's not taking a happy wife into account!

Sharing the produce with wife and friends is one of the greatest joys in my life. Growing should bring us together! Get that minisplit and make your wife happy. Seriously!

So true Doc, while I know in the end it will make her happy it was more of the cost and hassle of having it installed in our brand new house that I am more worried about upsetting her even more. Maybe i'll do it while she is away one week for work or something, I know she would be happier once it was actually in :thumb:

:rofl: I just re-read that last line "I know she would be happier once it was actually in" :rofl:

Anywho back to the normally scheduled programming :morenutes:

DSC_2363.jpg
DSC_2359.jpg
DSC_2351.jpg
DSC_2350.jpg
DSC_2349.jpg
DSC_2343.jpg
DSC_2336.jpg
DSC_2333.jpg
DSC_2329.jpg

I forgot to turn my fan back on last night after they got their spraying :goodjob: :tokin: I also didn't get around to watering them, I was hurting and laid down for a bit and next thing I new I was waking up in the middle of the night.

Didn't seem to hurt them like it did in the summer when it was a 4-6 degrees warmer in the tent. I gave them a couple ml of tea with their water tonight just to make sure all the goodies in the soil were still healthy since it got a little dryer than normal.

Thanks for lookin :thumb:

Hey smokey I can kind of relate....my fiancé has me in the corner(bout 3x3x9) of our newly built homes basement.....lol. Won't let me do anything to big until I can grow something successfully....ladies look awesome....I love that blue dream.

Ahh I know that stage well. My wife doesn't smoke so she wasn't happy with all the equipment I bought to get this up and going. Unfortunately for start up costs I like to buy things once and be done with it so it was not cheap getting all of this setup while still spending at least 600 a month at the dispensary. Now that I don't need to buy nugs anymore and most of my equipment has been paid for (I still want to get a mini split) she doesn't care when I get something new for it :D Even something as expensive as a dedicated mini split is covered by one harvest :thumb:

Edit now that I think about it with only two completed harvests I have already produced enough to cover the cost of my entire setup :)

Hey smokey. Yeah am starting my first grow after the wedding in jan. be cause we just spend to much on meds too(we both smoke). But my reasoning is the same as urs.....hope it's works out as well. Just got my carbon scrubber tonite......about done with setup.

Keep them green smokey!

Back
Top Bottom