Sweet Yet Haunted Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative

You’ll be pleased to know I also have 4/5. It wasn’t a damping off situation though. The seed seems immature or incomplete. It popped out a tail but that was all it had. I replanted the tail and nothing happened. So I split the seed open to see if I could tell what went on and it had no cotys nor a head of any kind. The embryo likely did not develop correctly. Perhaps this is what happened to you.

I’ll post pictures in my thread when I get back to them
This happens in human births as well, it's an abnormality called Anencephaly. Basically everything is good except the missing parts of the brain and skull. So that's what's happened to your seedlings. They're anencephalic.
The baby's are alive up until the air touches them, then the head caves in and it dies.

This happens in human births as well, it's an abnormality called Anencephaly. Basically everything is good except the missing parts of the brain and skull. So that's what's happened to your seedlings. They're anencephalic.
The baby's are alive up until the air touches them, then the head caves in and it dies.

Super informative, thank you! Even though the description was so brutal it was borderline metal, I appreciate it!

Good Day sir, How are we? I have had a rough couple of mornings getting started, my friend. ek lol. Its been a beautiful last few days here. Patience is everything you right, You got this, you know this :D
Whew! I'm back and better than before with a working computer and scheduled PT for me! I hope you're feeling your best today!
Has this happened before?

So you’re saying the seed opened and sent a tap root but never came above ground?
I found some of the molded top section on top of the soil in a fuzzy line.
Operator: This is 911. How may I help you.

Stone: 911!? I was trying to order pizza!
You do know me!
You’ll be pleased to know I also have 4/5. It wasn’t a damping off situation though. The seed seems immature or incomplete. It popped out a tail but that was all it had. I replanted the tail and nothing happened. So I split the seed open to see if I could tell what went on and it had no cotys nor a head of any kind. The embryo likely did not develop correctly. Perhaps this is what happened to you.

I’ll post pictures in my thread when I get back to them
Naw I'm never pleased to see someone else have issues. This one does happen to us all form time to time.
Thanks Jiggy! That was some deep explaining!

Naw I'm never pleased to see someone else have issues. This one does happen to us all form time to time.

My bad, should’ve been more explicit. I meant you’ll be pleased to know there’s a chance it wasn’t on your end and was just a defect.

What color was the mold on the soil?

Yeah that! I've seen a lot of it around in folks gardens in the last few months. The color was white then gray, then gone in a day.

I’m not confident it was damping off. You’re a bit too skilled for that and it’s typically going to come from being too wet which is usually indicated by green mold.

It sounds like a one off to me.

Regardless I’m excited to see what you do this grow!

I am feeling well :D Thanks - if you are worried about the soil in the container of the dampened-off baby. You can just run some Hydroperoxide through it at 10:1 and then add it to your pile for future use, or toss it. In my opinion, I don't see the fuzz being the cause of the problem. Let me know if you come across some good info.

I am feeling well :D Thanks - if you are worried about the soil in the container of the dampened-off baby. You can just run some Hydroperoxide through it at 10:1 and then add it to your pile for future use. In my opinion, I don't see the fuzz being the cause of the problem. Let me know if you come across some good info.
:eek:

Or use worm castings to fight off the damping off fungus.

I keep forgetting about the castings.

So, tossing it out would be your choice? or? What if we incorporate my suggestion along with the sterilization process of cooking? Wouldn't that suffice? Considering the abundance of beneficial microbes already present in your soil, they should ideally manage any potential issues during both the post-season and pre-season. Personally, I've encountered numerous dampenings and utilized the soil for various purposes without witnessing any significant problems with harmful bacteria. However, I'm aware that there's always more to learn. That's why I value your insights; it's evident that you're passionate about researching and reading, much like myself. My mind is constantly active—it needs to be engaged in something productive.

Nah, I wouldn't toss it. Damping off is just a nuisance issue when properly dealt with.

Can also be dealt with by placing a small fan blowing across the surface of the pot and seedling to help keep the surface dry as damping-off thrives in cold wet conditions.

Glad to see you Back and new baby up and going , Let Rrr Rip ! ⏫
Rippin! :thumb: Hey Smokes!
I am feeling well :D Thanks - if you are worried about the soil in the container of the dampened-off baby. You can just run some Hydroperoxide through it at 10:1 and then add it to your pile for future use, or toss it. In my opinion, I don't see the fuzz being the cause of the problem. Let me know if you come across some good info.
I actually put some heat on in there and started another seed. It's fine today! I'm heading down for pics in a bit!

Thanks ! New tool for the belt!

THREE DAY BIRTHDAY TODAY UPDATE

Woo Hoo everyone! As hoped, the green came on! One thing about growing. Patience. It's almost always best to see something, wait and think about it before acting, lots of things that appear to be bumps in the road are just that and clear up on their own. I'm talking about this one coming up yellow and just a day later it's nice and green on none of my doings. My garden anyway :)
BOO!

Yeah that! I've seen a lot of it around in folks gardens in the last few months. The color was white then gray, then gone in a day.
You ever tried to just sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on the top of the soil? Always taken care of anything that's popped up for me! Did you have extreme humidity when you notice it?

You ever tried to just sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on the top of the soil? Always taken care of anything that's popped up for me! Did you have extreme humidity when you notice it?
Cinnamon huh? Interesting thanks! I think it was too cold this time. I added a heater and this second seed came right up. Next seeds I plant I'll try that.

DLI UPDATE

I don't want to forget to mention Daily Light Integral!
The light is set to 300ish PAR and is on for 18 hours. That when set into the calculator gives us a DLI of 19.44

The chart i just looked at shows me I'm a little high still by a skosh.
Seedlings 10 to 15
Veg 30 to 45
Flower 30 to 45

They seem happy and not leggy which is important for this grows eventual manifolding.

Getting the time to change over to veg is next!

DLI UPDATE

I don't want to forget to mention Daily Light Integral!
The light is set to 300ish PAR and is on for 18 hours. That when set into the calculator gives us a DLI of 19.44

The chart i just looked at shows me I'm a little high still by a skosh.
Seedlings 10 to 15
Veg 30 to 45
Flower 30 to 45

They seem happy and not leggy which is important for this grows eventual manifolding.

Getting the time to change over to veg is next!
Actually just pulled a chart myself. Time to tighten a few things up! I have ignored a few things for far to long!

Screenshot_20240310_181740_Chrome.jpg

Actually just pulled a chart myself. Time to tighten a few things up! I have ignored a few things for far to long!

Screenshot_20240310_181740_Chrome.jpg

Just a heads up on that DLI chart. I haven’t been able to find anything to confirm that chart from anywhere other than from the meter company that produced it. Do you have or have you seen anything similar to it from any other sources?

@Delps8 is all about light and data, have you seen anything, or have you yourself confirmed these numbers?

I don’t doubt them because they seem to be close to what I experience but I’d like to see a little more than just that specific chart

Back
Top Bottom