Sweet Yet Haunted Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative

I thought the same thing and found some other info that is pretty similar to that,
can watch here
Oh that guy! He's the one that completely ripped off my entire supercrop tutorial (pics and text) and didn't give me or 420mag credit until Rob had to threaten a lawsuit. I doubt any of his ideas are his own, so I would never cite him for an original thought.
is yours a BETA version? It's all I could find. I don't remember it being BETA before. I have it downloaded, will give it a go tomorrow when I fire up the ViparSpectra.
My Photon app was spouting complete nonsense until I calibrated it to my Dr Meter LX1330B. Now that they match I trust the output numbers.

Oh that guy! He's the one that completely ripped off my entire supercrop tutorial (pics and text) and didn't give me or 420mag credit until Rob had to threaten a lawsuit. I doubt any of his ideas are his own, so I would never cite him for an original thought.

My Photon app was spouting complete nonsense until I calibrated it to my Dr Meter LX1330B. Now that they match I trust the output numbers.
Yeah, that's what I had trouble with before and it would lock my phone up. Now I gotta find my meter. LOL

Wowzars!!! That’s crazy! And thanks for the heads up. Let me see if I can edit to remove that link!!!

Crap I can’t edit it lol!!!

Did he rip off any tutorials on how to re re distil Everclear?

Damn should have stayed in school

Fuck school. It’s not a place for learning, it’s a place of conforming. A place where you have your independence and creativity smashed out of you in favor of half truths and full on lies. It’s not a place for smart people.

Now that I took your joke serious as shit and ruined the mood I’ll take my leave 🤣

I lied, I’m back 🤣

I knew it! Oh man that’s grimey. Some people just give off the “I’ll steal all your shit vibe” and I got that constantly from this guy.

I can only imagine how many people here have had their work stolen and never credited.

I am downloading that photone app. one more time.
I didn't have a good time with it before, maybe all the bugs are fixed that affected my phone, and the end user is smarter. LOL
`It may have a bug but it's the bug that's yours and you can rely on it when you learn it. My experience this time seems right by the way the plants look. Once you figure the way it is, you will be able to trust that.
Maahbulhed.
As if you heard it coming from my mouth Schnook!

I didn't have a good time with it before, maybe all the bugs are fixed that affected my phone, and the end user is smarter. LOL

Do you have Apple or Android? The app has run flawlessly on iPhone 7, 8, 13, and 13 Pro Max for me. I had my buddy use his Apogee and the Photone app was within 5 PPFD. It seems to give android users more headaches.

Don’t forget to use a light diffuser (plain white printer paper over your camera) although the app doesn’t really let you forget that any more

Do you have Apple or Android? The app has run flawlessly on iPhone 7, 8, 13, and 13 Pro Max for me. I had my buddy use his Apogee and the Photone app was within 5 PPFD. It seems to give android users more headaches.

Don’t forget to use a light diffuser (plain white printer paper over your camera) although the app doesn’t really let you forget that any more
I have the alien called "android". LOL
Thanks for the tip on the diffuser. :thumb:

I have the alien called "android". LOL
Thanks for the tip on the diffuser. :thumb:

The app has gotten a lot better over the last 2-3 years so hopefully it works out for you.

I use the Photone app too. I calibrated it the way they explained. The part that I am having a little trouble getting is how the DLI works with the light intensity and the number of hours the light must be on at that intensity. I keep confusing myself and forgetting what people have told me because it is not sinking in yet. Even with the tables.

I use the Photone app too. I calibrated it the way they explained. The part that I am having a little trouble getting is how the DLI works with the light intensity and the number of hours the light must be on at that intensity. I keep confusing myself and forgetting what people have told me because it is not sinking in yet. Even with the tables.

What are you having a problem with?

DLI is the total amount of usable light your plant receives for the day.

If you bring your lights closer or turn them to a higher power setting you increase your DLI. If you let your lights run for longer you increase your DLI.

This is an extremely basic explanation of it. There is math and fancy words to describe it in more detail but Daily Light Integral is just the total amount of usable light your plant gets over a 24 hour period

Fire away with any questions or if you need clarification

Perfect! We'll both see how this grow goes and the numbers that I/we use in it! I started a grow once using DLI as a guide but got sidetracked. Maybe the app wasn't as good as it is now I'm hoping. Myself included, I didn't give the whole concept a real try. For instance, to get DLI just swipe left! I just got that! I was going to the net to charts!
So far since I like my seedlings under a strong light I choose the upper range of DLI for them at 20. That's 300 PAR for 18 hours. This is fun!

It's vital to run the photone calibration process for it to work correctly. You need the oem light chart for your light to do it accurately.

Be careful with DLI/PPFD, and grab a coffee.

Don't follow a dli charts blindly, or you may end up with issues. Here is what I mean by that.

Every plant has the ability to use more or less light than all the other plants. Light must be combined with other nutrients and catalysts inside the plant to be used (photosynthesized).

If the roots aren't capable of supplying enough nutes/water to match the amount of light going in, you get a deficiency. The plant will try to convert light to sugar faster than the supply chain can deliver the parts.

This causes great stress to a plant and likely a mag def will start to show. Mag usually goes 1st in soil.

So you must set your maximum dli to cater to your weakest plant, not the strongest. The chart doesn't tell you that part, it assumes your plant health is optimal.

If the plant can't photosynthsize fast enough to use all the light, it results in light absorbed but not used. Unused light raises plant temps and heat stress occurs.

Incorrect plant temps also causes transpiration issues and that compounds the entire problem, making things worse not better.

Any stress caused by light is a sure fire recipe for hermaphrodism. The short version... Too much light = hermies.

So watch your plants. 2 identical clones from the same mother in equal pots can require different ppfd/dli's simply because one may have the root system to move more water.

So when it comes to light you need to watch your VPD. If you dial VPD in properly, your DLI will automatically be set correctly. If your VPD is wrong, then you won't be driving your plant at the correct speed for the amount of light being given.

You need to ensure that both the roots and environment are capable of handling the amount of light being thrown at the plant.

The environment is what controls uptake, and uptake needs to match dli/ppfd. It's a circle and every time you do a lap you can raise the ppfd a little.

So you set your environment, which grows more roots, which allows a higher ppfd, which allows a raise in VPD, which grows the roots bigger, which allows a higher PPFD, which allows you to raise VPD.... rinse and repeat. The weekly chart increases assume you are doing this. If you aren't then there is a good chance your plant isn't optimal, so the chart becomes useless, and possibly a hazard.

It needs to be done in small increments, not all at once. The DLI charts are just general ballpark ranges.

VPD regulates stomata, stomata regulates transpiration, transpiration must match light intensity, and roots must be able to keep up to transpiration.

This is the reason a seedling can't handle 1000ppfd. It simply doesn't have the roots to supply that rate of photosynthesis.

Even if your soil is spot on, you will see a deficiency if the plant can't move the nutes in quick enough.

But free seeds are cool too. At least they will be feminized.

So I'm not trying to scare anyone, just understand what needs to be done before increasing light intensity, the plant needs to be prepped for it ahead of time.

A plant with excellent roots and a half-assed dli will give you a better harvest than a plant with half-assed roots that matches the dli chart perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom