TrysHard's Hydro Grandaddy Blueberry Indica Grow 2014

yes they are to big to pinch now. you have to catch it when it starts lol. fox tailing looks kinda cool but you have to stop it so the buds can fatten up more. man i was so high all day yesterday.

IMO you dont want to pinch the buds late in flower like that. When they are late in flower you dont want the plant to have to repair itself.

To each his own I guess. Something that would gain weight more is flushing and getting those green leaves to start a good fade.

I noticed in your broken branch bud that the leaves are still very green. How many days are you at now?

Nice up date TrysHard, keep em green! :goodjob:

Thanks G-Dad One week to go yeah!

Sleep well...lol. Job well done. I think someone stated earlier...isn't it great to be able to control the high. And knowing when to.

IMO, your ready...

Yes I agree, boy am I ready.

yes they are to big to pinch now. you have to catch it when it starts lol. fox tailing looks kinda cool but you have to stop it so the buds can fatten up more. man i was so high all day yesterday.

hey if they are all like that i would start the harvest stretch. they are way cloudy and they have a few ambers. perfect. do your thing bro.

We have a consensus! I will start the flush today.

IMO you dont want to pinch the buds late in flower like that. When they are late in flower you dont want the plant to have to repair itself.

To each his own I guess. Something that would gain weight more is flushing and getting those green leaves to start a good fade.

I noticed in your broken branch bud that the leaves are still very green. How many days are you at now?

Not sure where the pinching came in, I didn't do any pinching just moving around. It has been 59 days into bloom. How do you use the color of the leaves to help determine when to flush or harvest?

Thanks for the conformation everyone, I will start the flush after this mornings feed, I was up too late last night and just woke up. Don't have time before the next feeding, but will do it right after that.

It has been 59 days into bloom. How do you use the color of the leaves to help determine when to flush or harvest?

I like to get a good fade of the leaves signaling to me that the plant is using up all the available energy left for the last couple weeks.

Just seems that your leaves are still very green for this late in the game. I like to see more yellows and fall purples and reds at the end.

I know i have asked you probably twenty times what are you using for nutrients?

I like to get a good fade of the leaves signaling to me that the plant is using up all the available energy left for the last couple weeks.

Just seems that your leaves are still very green for this late in the game. I like to see more yellows and fall purples and reds at the end.

I know i have asked you probably twenty times what are you using for nutrients?

I was expecting to see that also. But isn't that more a strain related thing. Some strains are more to than others. You would think Blueberry would be one of them. The bud does in natural light has a light blue looks to it especially around seed pods, or whatever you call the things that look like seeds but are just empty sacs.

Damn impressive TrysHard!!!

He is using General Hydroponics line I believe.

Yes General Hydroponics, since this was my first grow I tried to keep things simple and followed their suggested feeding schedule.

Hey bro old guy stoner picture tip for windows 8. Use the zoom function on coputer software to zoom in. Once you have it so you like it Go to snipping tool and take a snip of the photo zoomed in. Then save snip.

I posted a snip last night and its noyt near as clear posted as it is on my screen.

Cheers

Dankness, if you look back a few pages you will see I do this. In fact I have developed a technique to put together some shots to give a larger image. Here is the last centerfold I posted:

Here is the regular upload of a single picture:
P5154509.JPG

And here is my Centerfold montage:
Top66.jpg
middle2.jpg
bottom12.jpg

I use paint when I really want a good close shot, and do the crop method, which I use for the centerfold, it just takes a more measured eye to get a good image. This one I did a particularly good job on, its hard to tell in the picture where I put them together. If I want a good closeup I blow it up and crop just what I want to show.

I did that with this picture:
P5114407_closeup.jpg

One of the things I love about doing a journal is all the photo playing around I get to do. Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW all the pictures you take that are larger than what will fit on the forums screen will be automatically reduced in size when uploaded, that is the primary reason it looks bigger on your computer, and why I developed the centerfold technique.

Nice! I wiil learn thst route. I missed your trich shots before i posted. Looks like you got it!

My pics are a mess! Lol

If you need any tips on that let me know. If you read all my posts, and I don't expect you too, you will see I struggled with the conversion to Windows 8 and had to develop some work around techniques. Just ask away if I can help in any way I would be happy too.

A+++ on that last picture.

When your retired you have all the time to fuss you want to, just don't be in a hurry to retire, its boring, I'm thinking of un-retiring again. Maybe something to do with my new interests. I have an idea for a new hydro system, thinking about a kickstarter program.

I dont know seems like more work then I want to invest in just the picture portion but im sure its fast once you do it all the time.

I dont know seems like more work then I want to invest in just the picture portion but im sure its fast once you do it all the time.

The first time I had all these little postits on my screen marking reference points. That last one I did with just one reference point. You just mark an opening point, something that is easily recognizable and crop pages at a time. With my camera at medium High resolution it usually takes 3 crops to make one larger picture and takes me now about 5 min per picture, its why I only do one occasionally. But I think its worth it if I get a good shot.

Ok just did the change to pure water, for the flush. I plan on running this through Friday, then I will add some GH Flora Kleen for Sat and Sunday and Chop Chop on monday night, I will need to have everything done by the morning with the trimmed buds in the rack inside the tent with the CF going to control smell before anybody gets up for work. Oh the sacrifices we make.

:thanks: to everyone on :420: who helped make my first grow an apparent success (not jinxing myself at this point).

OK just read up on it, I understand there is a smell associated with it, just not weed. Also it needs replenishment, but would work perfect as a supplement to my CF during the harvest and cure. Thanks Joe!

Hey everyone, I decided that when the harvest is done this journal will be essentially over after the cure and final count. So I have started a new journal for the GS cookie Grow. Its in my sig and here is a link to the first post:

GS Cookies

Hopefully we will have a smooth transition.

Back
Top Bottom