Granddaddy Purple S1 Feminized Seeds

I'm very excited about growing out this strain. Grandaddy Purple S1!

Been waiting forever for it to become from clone only strain to seed form. It is a self pollinated from Ken's cut, feminized seeds. 5 seeds per pack, germinating only one and save the rest. Then will attempt creating more feminized seeds from the clones to preserved the genetic in seed form. We lack purple around this area of the world so it's about time I introduce some good purple to the mix. :Namaste:

MG_2397.jpg

This is my last seed purchase for awhile.

Wow... GDP! I am so jealous.

With it's reputation and scarcity, it almost commands a journal all its own.

Gongrats on scoring some seed!

When you get GDP seeds... you have become a player in the top 3 percent of those that play in our sandbox.

Congrats again!

Sheesh... I almost get a chubby looking at that seed vial:)

1970s Grower ~ You're right. I'll give it a journal of its own once they sprout and is about to flower. I want the show to start before flowering, with some veg introduction. Well, the GDP is available for the world now in seed form. That means you can have it too!

justintym2 ~ Thank you. I want my first purple to be a special one. I did attempt on growing Purple Ryder but the seed never pop so that doesn't count. haha, I'm actually working on restoring the rain forest.

bigirishdoode ~ Don't have to be envy, it's available and anyone can get it too. I happen to catch it before it's sold out. From my experience they restock often and fast. Once they do, it's also gone fast, lol.

GodSpeed ~ Thanks. Let's see how many gets nominated this month.

PilotTalk ~ Thank you.

Twelve12, thanks for sharing the 12/12 system with all. I have been growing 12/12 in a 2'X4' closet for several years now - never out of meds and loving life. This is the way to go, beginners.

Time Capsule Rooting Experiment

Here are the results from the Time Capsule rooting experiment.

We are testing out the rooting time for the following leaf control.

• No cut (full leaf)
  • 1/2 leaf
  • No leaf (no fan leafs)

Here are the results.

Full Leafs has 1 out of 3 rooted, small root started to form.
MG_2402.jpg

1/2 Leafs got 2 out of 3 rooted, small root started to form.
MG_2401.jpg

No Leaf has none rooted
MG_2403.jpg

That concludes the trail on rooting time for the Time Capsule. It start showing roots less than a month (18 days in) on the ones with leafs. The no leafs cuts are still working on shooting roots if it will or it might die. I've also have the aero rooting out the strain with same leaf control, results (no pictures) that the No leaf dies, the stem got soft. 1/2 leaf and full leaves rooted at the same time 1 out of 2 rooted. Now, we will keep an eye on the no leaf cuttings to see what happen.

At the same time I got some cuttings in the Time Capsule. This one is a different strain (Grape God) rooted in a cup of water. Been in there for one month and the roots got massive (same size as cutting in aero after 7-15 days). Testing to see how long it can stay in a cup of water before dying due to the lack of nutrients. Or that it may still remain alive feeding off of the tap water PPM, enough to live but not to grow. Stay tunes for the results.
MG_2407.jpg

If the second test shows that the cutting will still remain alive feeding on tap water PPM, with frequent changing out the water, it should remain in the Time Capsule without a problem for a long period, any where from 6 months to a year. May require root trimming if they gets too long. So far one month in and the cutting still doing great, gotten a little bit bigger.

I dont see it maybe i need to smoke. lol

Re: Time Capsule Rooting Experiment

Here are the results from the Time Capsule rooting experiment.

We are testing out the rooting time for the following leaf control.

• No cut (full leaf)
  • 1/2 leaf
  • No leaf (no fan leafs)

Here are the results.

Full Leafs has 1 out of 3 rooted, small root started to form.

1/2 Leafs got 2 out of 3 rooted, small root started to form.

No Leaf has none rooted

So, are we concluding that half-leaves are slightly faster than full-leaves for rooting? I can't wait until I have an over-producing mom to try some experiments with. I'd like to do lots more tests of this to really get a feel for it, 3 plants each method is good as an insight, but the numbers are too small to be scientific (imagine a poll where they only question 3 people). I'm also interested in the angle of the cut, and how if at all that affects rooting time. would a longer, shallow cut give more roots? what about notching the other side, or cutting to a point(cut the reverse side as well)? If I get more clones than I can fit in my grow from this upcoming chop, I will try some of these methods. Thanks for risking a few babies to run the test!

Splitting the stem of clones to expose more of the cambium layer just under the skin produces more roots due to this being the only place that generates new roots, also scaping the stem to expose more of the cambium layer allows hormones to concentrate were roots start, but rooting times are a few days longer.

Not sure if anyone has tried or read this but i found it realy intresting.

Scarification
Grip the cannabis seed between your thumb and forefinger with the ridge side up, then using the sharp edge of a small pocket-knife or paring knife, very gently scrape at a 90 degree angle across the ridge and you'll see it come right off, exposing a slight opening along the edge of the cannabis seed. Take extra care not to squeeze the cannabis seed at all, but spin it around to finish scraping the other end of the ridge [on the same side] Cannabis seeds can take anywhere between 12 hours and 3 weeks to germinate. Most cannabis seeds that do not germinate under good germination/grow conditions are considered non-viable seeds. The 4 main reasons why a cannabis seed is not viable is as follows. [This method is not recommended for first time growers]

[1]The cannabis seed has been damaged.
[2]The cannabis seed is immature.
[3]The cannabis seed is too old.
[4]The cannabis seed can not absorb water.

T12

Why are we all jumping through hoops to root clones if all you did was stick them in a glass of water and they rooted? And I assume you can see them develop and not be a nervous father waiting for the roots to pop out of a rw cube or peat pelt.

T12

Why are we all jumping through hoops to root clones if all you did was stick them in a glass of water and they rooted? And I assume you can see them develop and not be a nervous father waiting for the roots to pop out of a rw cube or peat pelt.
I regularly put cuttings into a glass of water, from pruning. They hydrate nicely, but don't sprout roots. They last for at least three weeks in stagnant water. If I put an airstone bubbler in there, I'd have a 'cloner'.

gittergreen ~ It's tricky to get the 3rd image to appear. The eyes has to be crossed. Once you see it, the image is quite 3D like you're there in person. Well, almost.

SauronBlue ~ I'm sticking to 1/2 leaf for aero, and full leafs for the time capsule. Yeah you're right it would require about 100 clones (1 percentage each) to determine the exact success number, also cutting angle, length, etc…too much to consider with limited space. Let me know how it goes with your experiments.

GodSpeed ~ Sounds good. Will have to try that on some clones for the aero. Scarification on seed? I've seen it done with sand paper for older seeds to increase germination rate. The scraping sound interesting.

Hash Hound ~ The test was done to see which cutting with less/more leaf mass root the fastest/slowest. It seem that the 1/2 leaf and full leaf root about the same time. If one root slower it will help remain in the time capsule longer, saving up nutrients and grow medium and space in the veg tent. That was the goal. Even after they have rooted, the clone can still remain in the time capsule for much longer. How long? We'll find out. Got some in the Time Capsule for a month, with roots, still alive.

Propa Gator ~ Very nice!

I regularly put cuttings into a glass of water, from pruning. They hydrate nicely, but don't sprout roots. They last for at least three weeks in stagnant water. If I put an airstone bubbler in there, I'd have a 'cloner'.

That's another good point. the frequency of water changes will directly affect the oxygen level in the TC water. I would think changing once each week or 2 would be best to keep them alive, yet starved of oxygen. Cooler temps would also slow all growth processes. There's a lot of experimentation left to get an "optimal" TC, but hats off to you for paving the way so far!

Twelve12, thanks for sharing the 12/12 system with all. I have been growing 12/12 in a 2'X4' closet for several years now - never out of meds and loving life. This is the way to go, beginners.

Closet grow is great. Started out there and still uses it. I'm glad you have meds all the time, just don't have friends over it will be gone in few days, haha. That's what happen to me awhile back...

Back
Top Bottom