Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Shottafire

Votes: 33 37.5%
  • Miwa

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420 Girl

Welcome to the 420 Member of the Month Contest thread!

Please note that after much Cannadeliberation the staff has decided to make a few experimental improvements to our Member of the Month contest. Our intention is to include not only our valued growers, but more of our non-growing members in this one contest as well. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest but we feel that our Plant and Bud Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
Beginning this month, the staff will select the nominees and members will determine the winner by poll.

The contest will be open for staff submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. The staff is expected to include their reason for nominating the member. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month. Please bear with us, should the thread need to be locked during the nominating period.

*********​

Winners earn 100 rep points, "420 Member of the Month" title and 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

Sierra Natural Science Contributes All Of The Following Items To Our 420 Contest Winners.
Doggett Simpson contributes all of the following items to our 420 contest winners.
MagicalButter contributes the following item to our winner.
Smoke Cones contributes all of the following items to our winner.
HBI International contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S. & Canada

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Rules:

1. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rational in the contest thread.

2. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry. This rule does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to staff by PM. Please do not nominate or suggest nomination in the contest thread.

3. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

4. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

How to Become Member of the Month!

:thanks::popcorn::thanks:

So do member get to nominate still just not publicly? Is that right? Or only staff can nominate? I hate to admit it but I don't love this new method, it just not as much fun, all I do is wait till the 15rh see who is up vote and leave,and I have to confess I have not been coming back to see who won, not trying to be down on it or anything,but that's just how it is for me now,and it seems to be a very quiet thread these days ,I miss how exciting it was before, and how big the nominee list would get, the good ol days I guess lol I still vote and all just not as enthused about it, and I don't go out looking for new members or paying as much as attention to whose working hard so I can nominate someone I notice has been going above and beyond, and another confession IM not working as hard cuz I know staff have just so many people to observe it seems like you could be overlooked with much fewer eyes to see our work and efforts,
This is just my opinion and IM sure plenty of people love the new method,just felt like sharing my thoughts on the new method being tested out
:Namaste:

Nominations can still be made by members via PM (private mail) to forum admin aka 420 Girl or the 420 (editor)

They then go through a selection process based on competitions requirements some of these are...

Welcome to the 420 Member of the Month Contest thread!

Please note that after much Cannadeliberation the staff has decided to make a few experimental improvements to our Member of the Month contest. Our intention is to include not only our valued growers, but more of our non-growing members in this one contest as well. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest but we feel that our Plant and Bud Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations

Lots of time consuming research viewing of potential members posts are done by forum admin to see if they meet any of above requirements before being selected for entry into the competition MOTM :thumb:

Its is a minor adjustment of the comp than allowing for the popularity contest of the old days !

You must ask your self was the popularity contest of MOTM serving the community as desired ?

When there are so many sub sections of the forums left untouched & indeed of advice by a grower or some one with similar experience to lend a hand, than being stuck in active journals... is that where the action is ? i don't think so...

As their is a broader horizon & i really think people need to look inside them selfs to what community really means & by helping keeping the mission statement alive 420 Magazine - Mission Statement by supporting the forum 420 Guidelines which helps keeps the forums safe & running other wise, :420: would not be The Worlds No 1 site for MMJ :green_heart:

I get what your saying totally fuzzy but there's alot going on on this site ,I myself am constantly helping ppl with questions IN pm that goes totally unnoticed and I'm sure I'm not the only person answering countless private msgs every week, I'm not saying that the contest should have continued just as it was, but not everyone is active in the above mentioned areas,but are still very active and helpful , and no matter who is nominated it will still always boil down to a "popularity" thing I'm not gonna vote for someone I've never heard of or seen before, I know I have done all the things on the list of behaviors but admittedly not with total consistency, some changed did need be made, like I was thinking being nominated more than once in a year if you win should be a rule,and not being nominated 2 months in a row if you don't win maybe a max nomination of 4 times a year if you don't win,, that would make sure more different members are entered
I didn't see where it said we are allowed to suggest a Mom

"Beginning this month, the staff will select the nominees and members will determine the winner by poll.-The contest will be open for staff submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. The staff is expected to include their reason for nominating the member. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month. Please bear with us, should the thread need to be locked during the nominating period.-"

That seems pretty clear , I'm no being unsupportive just making some observations of it thru my rose tinted glasses ,I agree the old format needed changed, it was getting out of hand when some members were guaranteed a win if nominated, and yes they were getting nominated asap after their last win, I agree ppl were going unnoticed, and the contest was not serving the community as well as it could, it just feels really restrictive to me now, and if I'm flat out off my nut and this new method is absolutely 100% better and it's totally fair for all then so be it I stand corrected and accept that happily, I love this community as much as anyone, I have been logged on constantly for nearly 3 years as a member and as a guest for 2 yrs before that, it's my favorite place on earth real or virtual

I must admit the forums are rather huge & at some point i have visited most sections in my time here at 420mag, but hell ye i can not even find some sub sections no matter how hard i try...

It is some what of a maze at times :helpsmilie:

In some ways consistency doe's help a little along with popularity & how wide spread you are across the forums to be noticed to gain the votes & that it it does appear in some of our case's on how we wish to help people or other growers that we may go unnoticed by the mass, such is the life on the forums from the few dedicated members...

How ever i would just like to point out !

That past MOTM winners have all but faded away from the forums, where are they now ?

Are the forums not indeed of their assistance or has it served their purpose ?

But we the few hardcore members help keep the standards my ol china, that is whats important :thumb:

Stiff upper lip, our time will come & maybe in other ways !

good point on some of the past members,and good questions, i have a hard time keeping up with my 70+ subbed threads, i do read them all even if i dont post, and im running 3 tents a cloner for meds,then theres the greenhouse thread outside full of veggies,my breeding program,coco growing thread,diy silver thread to keep updated, all the news to read,sponsors to go check out, i do look for spammers and report while i do my rounds ,but by the time i get done with all that and pm's its usually been 4-6 hours of just maintenance, then theres the actual doing of the gardening, checking off site email usually full of questions, dealing with my disability,my ever growing family that for some reason want some of my attention!lol its hard for me to get to all the areas mentioned with any semblance of regularity not that i dont want to,just only so many hours in a day :loopy:

I have met lots of people on here - many of whom don't post / visit anymore. I assume that many of them did, in fact, get what they needed and then went on with life. Maybe the MOTM disappearances are simply more noticeable...

How ever i would just like to point out !

That past MOTM winners have all but faded away from the forums, where are they now ?

Are the forums not indeed of their assistance or has it served their purpose ?

So do member get to nominate still just not publicly? Is that right? Or only staff can nominate? I hate to admit it but I don't love this new method, it just not as much fun, all I do is wait till the 15rh see who is up vote and leave,and I have to confess I have not been coming back to see who won, not trying to be down on it or anything,but that's just how it is for me now,and it seems to be a very quiet thread these days ,I miss how exciting it was before, and how big the nominee list would get, the good ol days I guess lol I still vote and all just not as enthused about it, and I don't go out looking for new members or paying as much as attention to whose working hard so I can nominate someone I notice has been going above and beyond, and another confession IM not working as hard cuz I know staff have just so many people to observe it seems like you could be overlooked with much fewer eyes to see our work and efforts,
This is just my opinion and IM sure plenty of people love the new method,just felt like sharing my thoughts on the new method being tested out
:Namaste:

Agreed ... I lost that lovin feelin...

So how about both? It goes back to the old way... but... with 2~3 nominations from the staff as well, and no procrastinating staff :cheesygrinsmiley:

just thinking out loud, never good for me.

Hi Guys and Gals! Here's the detailed list of the nominees for this month:

Conradino23 - He's a friendly and positive member who provides lots of helpful advice wherever he can.

Ricorico - He's been described as friendly with a great sense of humor. He is quite helpful with other members providing any helpful information that he can whenever he comes across someone who needs it.

Coke420 - He helps a lot in various grow journals as well as in the FAQ's. He's been seen giving welcome to new members and posting links to threads that members looking for help might be able to utilize.

Shottafire - His posts are nice and helpful as well as informative. He's also been known to make posts that are positive, complimentary and encouraging.

Miwa - His posts are always positive. And he's been described as a genuinely helpful member who frequently provides good advice to other members.

:trance:

:ciao:

:woohoo:

I haz an Honour :xmas:

I see I'm only "quite" helpful :scratchinghead:

I suppose that 's enough :thumb:

We wouldn't want to be too helpful now, would we ? :partyboy:

You learn the most from your own experience anyway :hmmmm:

so too much help may be detrimental to your help :helpsmilie:

I call it "The Help Paradox" :eyebrowsmile:

It's "quite" complicated and involves heavy use of sarcasm :circle-of-love:

interspersed with explanatory smiley's :high-five: