Budmaster's new clusters

I have been watching and reading about Budmaster's new clusters and got this information you folks may want to see.

From Budmaster

--snip

Our boards are made in the UK by LED gods ‘MARL www.leds.co.uk’ who have been in LEDs since 1970 see attached pics, also of course we have the double lens mould that makes all the difference if you are growing more than one plant of have dense leafy canopies.

The stats that most companies give for coverage is only good for lettuce and leafy greens not for a room full of dense canopied cannabis plants (we are the only ones that dare publish our par at more than 3ft away), this is where we always win out with our effective honest coverage giving more par and penetration than any other light in the world even now, and with the new Osrams we have 300% more par output than 600w hps, the double lens is essential for maximum penetration and effective coverage for medical crops as after all quantities and strains change so the light has to be able to grow in any circumstance and also be able to work in hot conditions or alongside HPS without burning out.

-- end snip

Here are the images

Budmaster02.jpg

Budmaster03.jpg

Budmaster01.jpg

This was an interesting page too...

More Light Equals Greater Yields - budmasterled.co.uk

Budmaster II has been my top performing panel... that on steroids will be something to see

Buckshot you little diamond! :) :) I'm so grateful for you finding and posting this info!
Now let see what the naysayers think of all that lol. :) :)
My 1200-XG God is going to be insane! I'm more than happy as it is at present, but with the real GOD option Osrams its going to be ridiculous! Thats even without my current 16 clusters running as side lighting he he!

Oh ill repost that on my other thread if you don't mind :)

god light 2.0.....I'm actually scared right now!

I guess since I am naysayer, at least about the price of these panels, here is what I have to say about that....

Looks like high quality circuit board, and I am sure it is, it better be for the insane price they charging for it. Circuit boards, and high quality ones, are are not that expensive. and real cheap in larger batches.

Buckshot you little diamond! :) :) I'm so grateful for you finding and posting this info!
Now let see what the naysayers think of all that lol. :) :)
My 1200-XG God is going to be insane! I'm more than happy as it is at present, but with the real GOD option Osrams its going to be ridiculous! Thats even without my current 16 clusters running as side lighting he he!

Oh ill repost that on my other thread if you don't mind :)

No problem :cheesygrinsmiley: post away

god light 2.0.....I'm actually scared right now!

I have been hit by lightning 7 times, you should be scared of God light :cheesygrinsmiley:

I guess since I am naysayer, at least about the price of these panels, here is what I have to say about that....

Looks like high quality circuit board, and I am sure it is, it better be for the insane price they charging for it. Circuit boards, and high quality ones, are are not that expensive. and real cheap in larger batches.

Daddy who craws :cheesygrinsmiley: glad to have you. I don't see you as a naysayer!! Look I totally understand you, f I am you! I am the pessimist and f yeah these things are expensive. Will they justify the price? I am going to have to do the math... that is not what I do, I just grow. 3 watt panels seemed outrageously priced 3-4 years ago but after time has passed the combination of price savings on energy, additional equipment and nutrients brought the outrageous price to a reasonable point, now the prices have come down to a point where some panels equal or beat the price of HPS over time (up front cost is still high). I am sure prices will come down, they always do. Meanwhile please do not stay away and say what you need to say :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good point Craw, see I'm learning :) :)

However the increased par without the {edit -- equal} increase in draw will further add value to this panel, I just have to work it out

LOL LA, like i said before I wish I could have one of these. That or the new Advanced XTE panel intrigue me the most right now, but cant afford either.

When Budmaster gets rolling on these I am sure there will be deals. Being a sponsor you can contact Paul right here! @Budmaster LED and suggest/ask for 420 pricing or deals

Gotta love the work that MARL do they are truly the one of the LED gods, they have been working with led since 1970 and do much work for high profile clients such as the UK and USA military.

Oh yes before we forget will be publishing par values tomorrow for all models,Prepare to be amazed, I have had to order a new PAR meter as mine does not read high enough.

We have carefully sourced our osram via osram themselves and unlike our standard OD series which is sourced in China it is an incredible difference in output. The Budmaster II 300 G.O.D is literally like having 3 x 600w hps over your plants.

We are beating everyones PAR hands down, after all 'It is impossible for the Germans to make a bad LED' :)

And of course as our boards are made in the UK they are all ISO 90001, CUL / UL, CE and ROHS. All the leds are put on perfectly by machine unlike the chinese boards which are all done by hand, in China labour is cheaper than machines so it is rare for factories to spend the $1,000,000 needed.

Placing leds on by machines elminates any risk of thermal spikes beneath the led from an improper placement, thermal spike can often blow your leds.

Check out MARL in Cumbria UK at www.leds.co.uk

Hi Craw

Its not just the price of the circuit board but also the extortionate price of the leds, as you can see we have some cheaper osrams in our OD version. These high end leds in the G.O.D are not cheap and of course we have to guarantee them for 3 years and also scale the margins up to the retail stores, affiliates and distributors in Finland, Germany, Spain, Basque, Netherlands, Sweden and Belgium that we work with.

The boards themselves without the leds are pretty price when you consider what they actually are I agree with you on that one, but we buy 5000 - 1000 boards at a time to get a good price. As our company grows over the coming year we will be able to shave the prices as our bulk on leds goes over the 250,000 mark.

So there is a choice to be made by the customer for example would you buy a Budmaster II 300 G.O.D or a Budmaster II 675 XG, well the 300 G.O.D kick its ass, actually it also kicks the Budmaster II 675 OD's ass too for £900 instead of £1000. Whereas the XG is £750.

So a light with triple the ouput of a 600w hps that only uses 200w for £900 doesnt seem that bad when you view it this way and pays for itself in approx 2 years on savings in energy and new bulbs

So we liken it to cars, do you want a :

Ford= XG

Mercedes = OD

or

Rolls Royce = G.O.D

You get what you pay for at the end of the day and quality and results always prove themselves

All the leds are put on perfectly by machine unlike the chinese boards which are all done by hand, in China labour is cheaper than machines so it is rare for factories to spend the $1,000,000 needed.

If it all done by machine, why are your new panels so outrageously expensive? I realize it costs money to buy/maintain those machines, but your price point is just nuts, even double or more some of the already more expensive/newer panels out there...

For example the New Advanced XTE series, which uses same OSRAM diodes as you (although I think not as many), for the XTE 200 (185 W actual draw) is $599, still way expensive, while your Budmaster II G.O.D. 300(190 W actual draw) is $1530.41, almost 3 times the price. while the Top LED 98X3 W Reflector is only 166.59.

Is your panel 250% 'better' then the XTE? or 920% 'better' then the Top LED Reflector? I am VERY skeptical on both accounts.

Considering the most expensive OSRAM diode I can find on the market are on the order of $2-$2.50 each (and that qty 1 price), how can you justify the extreme cost of your panels?

Would you be willing to sponsor a test with one of your panels side by side next to another brand to prove they are really worth cost? Many other manufacturers balk at this.

Back
Top Bottom