Flower Child Puts Seeds In The Soil Again 2013

Flower Child

Hello to You- Old Friend or New! Thanks for stopping by and welcome to my second journal.:welcome:
IMG_20131028_093412.jpg

Pull up a chair and get comfy as we're just getting started. There will be a lot of LST, Topping, and Supercropping this time as I have a 7 ft tall tent and some pretty tall strains selected. Oh and all seeds are feminized so hopefully there won't be any surprises.

Heres a few details before we get started:

Strains are
- Thc Bomb- a mostly indica (that i grew last time too) that gets about 2 1/2 ft tall x4
- Mazar/White Rhino- mostly indica that gets about 4 ft tall x1
-Royal Cheese- again mostly indica that gets about 5 feet tall x1
-Sour Diesel- mostly sativa and she will be about 6 ft tall x2
- Blue Moonshine was planned too but they never sprouted- (so I planted a couple more THC Bombs)

Environment is
- A 4x4 tent with 6" 400 cfm exhaust fan
-Soil is Light Warrior for seedlings and then transplanted into FFOF.
- Light is a 400 MH for veg and a 600 HPS for flower
-An oscillating fan for a gentle breeze
-Humidifier for veg stage as it's very dry here
-Water is city tap with a ph of 8 that is buffered down to a 7
-Temps are 78 when lites on and 64 when off
-Nutes are organic from the local hydro store

The Gardener is
-a person who has smoked pot for about 40 years but never grew till this year
-a resident of Colorado and proud to have voted in amendment 64
-allowed to have 18 plants -9 of which can be in flower because there are 3 of us
-the same sex as her plants
-a person who uses pot both medicinally and recreationally
- a person who loves the vibe here at 420 magazine

On Oct 8 I soaked 8 seeds for 6 hours and put them in root riots on a heating pad for a couple days till they poked their heads up. Only 6 sprouted (So on the 18th I started 2 more THC Bombs) Then the 6 were transplanted to 1 liter airpots with Light Warrior soil. I fed them an 1/8 strength veg nutes a couple times and last nite 4 of them were transplanted to 3 gallon airposts with FFOF- the rest will be transplanted tonite.
BTW I made a HUGE mistake when I transplanted them last nite- they were so bone dry that the soil broke away a bit when I was handling them and that left them pretty droopy. Luckily they were recovered by this morning- the remaining 4 hopefully wont have that problem as their soil will be moist for transplant tonite.

Heres a few pics of progress so far:

IMG_20131006_112436.jpg
IMG_20131009_120127.jpg
IMG_20131019_090309.jpg
IMG_20131024_083537.jpg
IMG_20131026_104640.jpg
IMG_20131028_093501.jpg

My assistant here told me they were too dry to transplant but did I listen to her? Noooooo

IMG_20131029_103721.jpg

This is how wilted they got

IMG_20131029_105156.jpg

Well thanks for stopping by. I'll post more pics tonite when I transplant the last four babies.:Namaste:

Sure would enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to join you for this grow Flower Child. Thanks for sharing the journey with us all!

Awesome start. Yea have to be careful with those small airpots, they dry out VERY easy and are hard to get soil completely soaked once they do because water will just run off dry soil and out holes on side. But the roots seem to love the O2.

And your cat looks just as interested as one of our 3, whenever i open up tent he wants to look in. When I was building SCROG screen last night he was just sitting there looking at me with the 'watch ya doing' look.

Hi Flo :ciao:

Nice to see you back again :)

Set-up looks great :thumb:
Thanks Rico! I am really happy to be doing a second journal- I love this place. :circle-of-love:
Sure would enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to join you for this grow Flower Child. Thanks for sharing the journey with us all!
Welcome TanR! I'm delighted to have you join- 4 strains with different needs is going to be an adventure I hope.:welcome:
Subbed and looking forward to your work. Love the Black Cat.
Hi Light Addict- and thanks for joining in. We're really not supposed to post pet pics but she is constantly in the plant room with me so its kind of unavoidable that she ends up in a shot. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hey Flower good to here from you your babies are lookin good I'm along for the ride good luck:peace::goodjob::thumb::bravo::high-five::circle-of-love:
Hi Harley- and thanks!:thanks: Other than the transplant shock last nite these have been easy plants so far. Knowing how little water they need makes a huge difference.:cheesygrinsmiley: :Namaste:
Awesome start. Yea have to be careful with those small airpots, they dry out VERY easy and are hard to get soil completely soaked once they do because water will just run off dry soil and out holes on side. But the roots seem to love the O2.

And your cat looks just as interested as one of our 3, whenever i open up tent he wants to look in. When I was building SCROG screen last night he was just sitting there looking at me with the 'watch ya doing' look.
Hi Crawdaddy!:byebye: Welcome and I agree air pots are kind of tricky to use. If they dry out too much it looks like a sprinkler when you water because of those holes, but I got really good results last time so I'm using them again.
I think my Cannabis Cat is attracted to the heat from the light- Plus she thinks she rules the house so its her job to supervise my work.:biglaugh:

I'll come along and watch them grow. Nice looking set up. I too like the cat.
Hi DonMarijuano! Thanks and I'd be happy to have you join us on this adventure. That cat loves being in the grow room- my other older cat hates it and never go's in there

Is this where LA got the name black cat one?

From the future?

That's far out, Flo

:lot-o-toke:

You've found my secret out Ricorico, Spimp spooked me a while back when he posted his Flux capaciter pic up, thought he had found me out lol.
Alex coined me with the title. Nothing to do with the fact that I have 3 black cats in the house either.

:)

A quick update:
I transplanted the other 2 larger girls and watered the 2 babies with 1/8 strength fert. They all look very happy this morning.
IMG_20131031_100041.jpg

Then I unwrapped a delivery I got yesterday and spent last night turning this.....
IMG_20131031_083746.jpg

into this!
IMG_20131031_095422.jpg

:goof:Yep, I'm adding a 2x4 veg tent so the old 4x4 tent with its hid can be a perpetual flower tent. My first grow provided enough to smoke till the next harvest but we want to make edibles and ice water hash as well, and theres not enough for that so.........time to expand. I have a t5 light for it and will be starting it up a couple weeks after this current bunch of girls go into flower.
Well, that's it for now. Have a great day everyone!:peace:

Thanks for the sub flower! Your rig looks pretty awesome too! I have a question...whats up with those pot? Ive never seen them. What made you go with that choice? Thanks :)

Good use of the :goof:
:cheesygrinsmiley:
Flower look at you going all perpetual and stuff. Good job edibles and ice hash, alright !
Thanks Harley, I read on your journal that you have expansion plans too for your grow room too!:high-five: Like the saying go's Smoking marijuana isn't addictive but growing it sure is".:):peace:
Thanks for the sub flower! Your rig looks pretty awesome too! I have a question...whats up with those pot? Ive never seen them. What made you go with that choice? Thanks :)
Hi Steve, they are "airpots" and all those bumps are holes that help aerate the roots. I tend to kill most houseplants with overwatering and cannabis likes to be dry so I thought it might help me. I still nearly killed my last grow in the beginning by overwatering them but I think the airpots really helped once I got the hang of them. Anyway I put 9 plants in my tent last time and got 13 oz so I guess they did'nt hurt any. They unclip and fold flat for storage so that is nice too.:peace:

Last night I got inspired and topped/fimmed (shaky hands- wont which one i did till they grow out :cheesygrinsmiley:) the bombs, the cheeze, and the mazar. I started lst on the 2 diesels but think I will take it off and top them instead, as they really dont look like the lanky sativa mix they are supposed to be.

This is what I removed
IMG_20131101_173455.jpg

This is a top/fim site
IMG_20131101_173544.jpg

The lst that is coming off tonite
IMG_20131101_174509.jpg

Group shot last nite- they are loving the ffof soilThe biggest girl is the cheese in the rear right corner- think she is going to be a monster....
IMG_20131101_175231.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!

Subbed! Looks like a really nice setup! I'm interested to see how your Diesels respond to the training! What kind of rope/wire is that, that you're using? It's looking rather thick and heavy :p

Haha, mine does this as well! He's also very eager to drink the humidifying water :p

Back
Top Bottom