Jamba Rights His Wrongs - High Brix - LED - Fluxing

Jamba

Hello again, and WELCOME to everyone! I am so very pleased to finally have enough going on in my space to make a journal.

Now before we get started, I want to tell everyone a little bit about what has happened in my space since about
Mid-July.

My very first grow was attempted over summer, and you can see that epic failure in my other thread (which I'm only keeping on the forums as a reminder) if you want to submit yourself to it. But I'm sure the curiosity bites, so here are 3 images that sum up my first grow.

20141024_161607.jpg
20141024_160952.jpg
20141024_154146.jpg

I know what you are thinking. Something along the lines of, "Good God what is that THING?!"

That thing is what my father and I dubbed "Herman". He was our very first plant; kept alive as a test to see if we could. He is the result of all the bad things that can happen to new growers. I made a list of mistakes that I made during Herman's life, and here it is.

1) Never buy expensive nutrients from a hydro store without having a plan for what to buy BEFORE going in. My father made the mistake of placing trust in a Hydro employee who basically emptied his coffers for over 1,500 worth of nutrients, which thanks to Doc Bud, are now USELESS AND A WASTE. (I'm still a little bitter about this because, had he listened to me and asked me before purchasing those nutrients, I could have saved him alot of money)

2) Setting up and maintaining a working hydroponic grow is stressful and they are prone to problems.

3) Trying to mix nutrients and having to Ph that shit every feeding can be confusing depending on your state, and can lead to mistakes being made.

4) I could have saved time by killing off Herman earlier and starting a High Brix grow sooner.

So in the end, Herman's water line became secretly detached, and he died after 3 days without water. That plant was alive through hell for almost 4 months, and died from something so silly. I knew halfway through that grow that it wasn't how I wanted to do things.

ENTER DOC BUD - STAGE LEFT
(​This is where to good stuff happens)

I somehow missed all of Doc Bud's high brix threads in my research, and I had modeled my grow after (the now absent) "TheCapn".

Now things are different, and so, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomuch better, all thanks to Doc Bud and his High Brix Disciples.

Check it out people.

Nutrients: Doc Bud's High Brix Kit (The Future in Bottles)

Light: Modified Double Veg Spectrum PlatinumLED P300

Training Style: Fluxing (Pioneered by Light Addict, and thanks for that btw LA)

From start to present in pictures.
20141201_103936.jpg
15827.jpg
15725.jpg
15621.jpg
15418.jpg
15324.jpg
20141208_000735.jpg

THIS IS WHEN I GOT MY PLATNIUM P300

20141222_094205.jpg
20141222_094209.jpg
20150101_173830.jpg
20150104_170126.jpg
20150104_171733.jpg
20150104_171738.jpg
20150104_171826.jpg
20150109_184742.jpg
20150104_171842.jpg
20150109_183705.jpg
20150110_201023.jpg
20150110_201028.jpg

So at this point, everything is AWESOME! These plants around almost 2 months old from seed. I can't wait for what the future holds for me. I think that High Brix is how all first time growers should do it. It's SO easy. I still think that thought every time I look at these plants. So low maintenance.

Thank you to Doc Bud, Curso, Light Addict, and pretty much anyone who has a high brix thread up right now. All of your experiences are gold to us new guys. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Nice bro! You're definitely on the right path!

One word of caution with fluxing or mainlining - don't over do it! I love the idea, but in practice the results have been less than stellar. Unless vegged in fairly large containers, the amount of time it takes to build a canopy while fluxing seems to end with a tired plant. I've tried a few times and am always disappointed in the health of the plant when I flip. I've built very similar bushes using much less intensive training.

Just my experience.

Good luck!

Subbed. Looking good. I got the kit, it's cooked and just waiting for space. How do you like the Flux with high brix? Don't you have to keep taking leaves off? Just wondering how well that works because you need the leaves for the foliar sprays. Just wondering because that method looks intriguing.

I'm doing the Flux on just the one plant because that was the original training style I wanted to try, but failed to do over summer. I'm looking for a way to control the width of my plants so I can maximize my plant count in the space I have without overcrowding. The fluxed plant will go into flower at the same time as the others, and if the yield or quality suffers compared to the others then I will have to say goodbye to fluxing.

That aside, what kind of training do you all suggest for high brix plants?

And what is a half Flux?

Most training is to make the plants shorter but wider. If you leave them alone they should stay kinda skinny and grow up on their own. Why do you want more smaller plants, for diff strains? I prefer less plants that are bigger myself but it's all comes down to your space and what you like :)

I used to LST tie down my plants to spread them out. This grow I went with a full on super crop instead and really like how it turned out.

Most training is to make the plants shorter but wider. If you leave them alone they should stay kinda skinny and grow up on their own. Why do you want more smaller plants, for diff strains? I prefer less plants that are bigger myself but it's all comes down to your space and what you like :)

I used to LST tie down my plants to spread them out. This grow I went with a full on super crop instead and really like how it turned out.

So you don't use wires or anything on your plants, just topping and bending the branches?

Please pardon the double post, I'm still learning how to quote on this forum.

On my current blue dream I didn't tie anything down. Just supported each side of the branch and bend it over till it pinches and puts the permanent bend in it. If any are too week to hold it at a 90 degree angle I put a stake under it for a day or two. I have good before and after pics in my current journal towards the beginning. I top all of my plants at least once or twice.

Linky SmokeyMcFly's - Hurkle - Blue Dream & Plushberry - Highbrix - LED - Grow

That aside, what kind of training do you all suggest for high brix plants?

It's all in my "In the Lab" Thread. Basically, this:

Top early in veg to get 4-6 main tops
Before bloom clean up suckers and lower side branching in veg, leaving the uppermost 3-5 nodes intact...fans and all.

During bloom, take off lower stuff that might become popcorn or those irritating buds that never get any light.

That's all.

Thanks for the thought fuel everyone! I did top the 4 non-flux plants 3 nights ago.

On my current blue dream I didn't tie anything down. Just supported each side of the branch and bend it over till it pinches and puts the permanent bend in it. If any are too week to hold it at a 90 degree angle I put a stake under it for a day or two. I have good before and after pics in my current journal towards the beginning. I top all of my plants at least once or twice.

Linky SmokeyMcFly's Hurkle, Blue Dream & Plushberry Highbrix LED Grow

Wow, that Blue Dream recovered way faster than I thought it would. Im not so scared about doing that now haha.

I want to make these plants as big as I can, just to see, ya know?!

If I had the lofty goal of say... 1 pound per plant on my very first high brix grow, how long should I veg my plants? From what Ive seen so far, that should require something like 2 months of veg time. I've got an 8x8 tent, so space shouldnt be an issue.

The only thing I wonder what the plant's dimmesions would have to be to achieve that.

What were all your yields on your first high brix grows? I'm very curious. I saw curso's behemoth pull in almost 2 pounds! I mean what should I shoot for?

I truly can't wait. Every day I nearly burst with happiness when I see my healthy plants. I've never seen a plant flower in person, and I'm just so excited.

There's not much more to do now....you're in the zone, it's obvious the roots are feeling at home in the soil and the plant is feeding the soil.....just don't over do anything, let them dry out between waterings in veg.....and you're good to go.

Thanks for the thought fuel everyone! I did top the 4 non-flux plants 3 nights ago.

Wow, that Blue Dream recovered way faster than I thought it would. Im not so scared about doing that now haha.

I want to make these plants as big as I can, just to see, ya know?!

If I had the lofty goal of say... 1 pound per plant on my very first high brix grow, how long should I veg my plants? From what Ive seen so far, that should require something like 2 months of veg time. I've got an 8x8 tent, so space shouldnt be an issue.

The only thing I wonder what the plant's dimmesions would have to be to achieve that.

What were all your yields on your first high brix grows? I'm very curious. I saw curso's behemoth pull in almost 2 pounds! I mean what should I shoot for?

A pound per plant on your first grow, and indoors at that, would be asking a bit much unless you were using 15-20 gal pots. 7 gal pots get me a bit less than a qp on average. Some do a bit better, and I've had a few do much worse. Curso's 2 pound plant filled his entire 4x4. I think he vegged it in a 5 or 7 gal pot before transplanting and letting it hook up a bit in the big pot. 5 month veg or something like that. I would recommend working on filling your space with an even canopy and letting the plants do their thing, you'll have plenty weed and can work on yield later. This is about quality not quantity!

Back
Top Bottom