Jamba Rights His Wrongs - High Brix - LED - Fluxing

Photo dump time!

Uhhhhhh, these plants are growing pretty quick. all of them are at least 2 feet wide right now. I'm only slightly worried that if they get much wider they won't get optimal lighting from the P900, which is supposed to cover a 4x6 area. I'm happy that that is my only noted worry at this time! The P900 adds about 2 degrees to the grow room, which puts the environment at around 82 degrees and 50-60% humidity. The clones still live! They will hit the soil soon. I'm wondering if next time I should just put them straight into soil instead of rockwool. I also saw some cool pictures and a great explanation of cloning in water. I think it was by Sir Grows Alot! Must try that! Anyways... this is about 3 hours after a light watering and a heavy spray of De-Stress...

20150127_234904.jpg
20150127_234911.jpg
20150127_235019.jpg
20150127_235104.jpg
20150127_235028.jpg
20150127_235050.jpg
20150127_235043.jpg
20150127_235322.jpg
20150127_235309.jpg

Soooooooo happy!:circle-of-love::thumb:

Nope. I follow the directions for planting a seed but use a cutting instead. Then I spray with 50% destress Dailey or every other day and keep the soil moist . In a couple weeks they just start growing like nothing ever happened and you can treat it as a seedling st that point. I don't even use rooting hormones other than the roots powder that goes in the hole :)

Nope. I follow the directions for planting a seed but use a cutting instead. Then I spray with 50% destress Dailey or every other day and keep the soil moist . In a couple weeks they just start growing like nothing ever happened and you can treat it as a seedling st that point. I don't even use rooting hormones other than the roots powder that goes in the hole :)

Well, I put my clones in soil and gave them a nice spray of 1/2 strength destress. These girls are growing at an alarming rate. Full steam ahead!

And the girls LOVE the lights.... I turned on the P900 flowering spectrum for just a moment to see how bright it was, and WOW!

I also realized that this batch of soil doesn't have quite enough amendment in it as it should. I used 2 separate 2.2 Cubic Foot bags instead of a 3.8 CF bale. WHOOPS! Honestly though the plants are still showing High Brix characteristics anyway, so IM SATISFIED! When I mix my 4 new bales of soil soon, I will be using the proper amount of amendment!

See for yourself! I think they are looking well!

20150129_174319.jpg
20150129_174830.jpg
20150129_174528.jpg
20150129_174727.jpg
20150129_174721.jpg
20150129_174713.jpg
20150129_174824.jpg
20150129_174805.jpg
20150129_174738.jpg
20150129_174816.jpg

The largest of the white widows is about 36 inches wide and just over 22 inches tall... I'm wondering when I should put them into flower so the 4 of them won't outgrow the P900's light!

Well well well, it's about time for an update! As of the 7th, 3 White Widows, and 1 Trueberry are in flower under the combined might of 2 PlatinumLED P900's!

HUZZAH!

So now I have a few questions, and then some pictures.

1. My feeding schedule has been Growth Energy every 7-10 days and plain RO water inbetween. What should it be now? I read to alternate between Growth Energy and Transplant for flowering. I plan to add 1/4 strength Transplant to every watering as well, including adding it to the RO waterings, because it was suggested. Once the buds set, which I'm imagining will be in 4 weeks or so, I will apply a back to back dose of Cat Drench, with only plain RO water inbetween those dosings. Sound ok to everyone? Suggestions? Anything really haha :D

2. When and how much RECHARGE should I use per flowering plant, of which there are 4? They are all in 5 gallon pots, because my initial soil estimates were waaaay too low lol. I know I can do the math to figure this out myself, but if one of the higher ups saw something that made them want to suggest something different... :p

3. If I were to get soil, how late could I transplant the girls in flower into bigger pots? If done carefully, would they flourish or falter from the transplant during flower?

PICTURE TIME

The biggest girl is 38 inches wide, and 29 inches tall, and she is only just starting to stretch.... Hope I have enough space and light! (I think I do ;) )

These little ladies are under a PlatinumLED P150 and they are liking it, but I think they need a drench for a nice boost. What should I give them at this young age?

20150209_230503.jpg
20150209_230505.jpg
20150209_230513.jpg
20150209_230516.jpg
20150209_230520.jpg

My lovely dehumidifier, customized with amazon prime boxes from way back in the... HERMAN DAYS *shudder*
20150209_230606.jpg
20150209_230617.jpg
20150209_230621.jpg
20150209_230702.jpg
20150209_230710.jpg
20150209_230806.jpg
20150209_230811.jpg

Better pictures to come, my phone wouldn't let me use flash because the battery was too low and the photo quality suffered for it.

Well well well, it's about time for an update! As of the 7th, 3 White Widows, and 1 Trueberry are in flower under the combined might of 2 PlatinumLED P900's!

HUZZAH!

So now I have a few questions, and then some pictures.

1. My feeding schedule has been Growth Energy every 7-10 days and plain RO water inbetween. What should it be now? I read to alternate between Growth Energy and Transplant for flowering. I plan to add 1/4 strength Transplant to every watering as well, including adding it to the RO waterings, because it was suggested. Once the buds set, which I'm imagining will be in 4 weeks or so, I will apply a back to back dose of Cat Drench, with only plain RO water inbetween those dosings. Sound ok to everyone? Suggestions? Anything really haha :D

2. When and how much RECHARGE should I use per flowering plant, of which there are 4? They are all in 5 gallon pots, because my initial soil estimates were waaaay too low lol. I know I can do the math to figure this out myself, but if one of the higher ups saw something that made them want to suggest something different... :p

3. If I were to get soil, how late could I transplant the girls in flower into bigger pots? If done carefully, would they flourish or falter from the transplant during flower?

PICTURE TIME

The biggest girl is 38 inches wide, and 29 inches tall, and she is only just starting to stretch.... Hope I have enough space and light! (I think I do ;) )

These little ladies are under a PlatinumLED P150 and they are liking it, but I think they need a drench for a nice boost. What should I give them at this young age?

I'll take a crack at some of these. Feel free to ignore what I say if someone with more experience tells you different.

For the little ones I would give them a light energy drench, 50% of normal strength should be enough.

For the flowering plants. I am liking starting them out with a transplant drench at the start of flowering and then energy for the next two weeks or so and then hitting them with a good transplant drench followed up by the cat drenches a week or two later if its a long running strain, if you wait two you can hit them with another transplant or energy drench depending on how they are developing. After that I stick with energy drenches figuring they are getting plenty of transplant with the 1/4 dose per watering. At most I give them one real transplant drench at some point after the cat drenches but usually they are fine and I stick with energy. I usually wait till after I CD to start adding the transplant every watering and do it every few instead but you could do it sooner. Of course you can tweak any of this to get the plants to react how you want, this is just what I am doing these days :)

Over all I have found that more energy drenches than transplant drenches works better at least for the strains I grow otherwise they don't fill in all the way and its like i'm smoking balls of pistils.

For recharge just do the math, should be a little less than 2/3 of the bag divided between them all. I also put some worm poop top dress around the same time if not the same time. If I use recycled soil I wait a little longer to add it.

Since your using root builder pots you can transplant without much stress as long as your careful to not disrupt the root ball. I don't notice any slow down when I transplant in my air pots but its ideal to do it about a week before flowering if possible just to be safe. If I had plants that were going to out grow the pots in root builders I wouldn't hesitate to transplant them I think leaving them in the smaller pots would stunt them more in the long run.

Looking really good by the way awesome job :thumb:

Looking good, Jamba.

Nice to see a fellow P900x2 user out there. Like you, I am loving the lights so far...best of luck with your grow. :high-five:

Thanks everyone! And smokey, that information is gold to me and first time growers. I had thought to do more straight transplant drenches in flower, but now I plan to use more GE.

And I'm just so happy these days, mostly because of how well the garden grows... I was so stressed last time around and I can actually feel myself recovering slowly still. It's nice :)

Back
Top Bottom