Jamba Rights His Wrongs - High Brix - LED - Fluxing

I'd start small as a goal maybe 1/4lb. Set your bar low then keep raising it. I think the high brix promotes quality over quanity but I haven't tried it yet but I'm about to. I currently yield hp to a lb per plant with my current method. But personally I'm willing to take a hit on yield do to the amount of cash I'll save on nutes and soils.

Your grow is looking freaking awesome man! Big thumbs up

LOL, yeah this grow seems to be going much better! :laughtwo:

As far as yield, you're looking to fill the tent with these youngsters when they grow up, right? Will you be starting a perpetual? It makes a difference in how you look at yield. If you'll be constantly feeding the tent with new plants, you should be thinking more in terms of cubic footage of canopy. How much area and how much depth. Then you can fill that space with as many or as few plants as you like. You could run 12 plants in 20 gallon pots, or 24 plants in 7 gallon pots.

I run a 4x4 with 6 plants in 6 gallon pots and it yields roughly a pound - just under 3 oz per plant. I'm sure I could get more with some adjustments. So, you should shoot for 4+ pounds with an 8x8. Veg them until they're the right size and let 'er rip! But that's why container size is important. Big plants need big pots with HB.

You have some especially good looking plants - you must be ecstatic! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the thought fuel everyone! I did top the 4 non-flux plants 3 nights ago.

Wow, that Blue Dream recovered way faster than I thought it would. Im not so scared about doing that now haha.

I want to make these plants as big as I can, just to see, ya know?!

If I had the lofty goal of say... 1 pound per plant on my very first high brix grow, how long should I veg my plants? From what Ive seen so far, that should require something like 2 months of veg time. I've got an 8x8 tent, so space shouldnt be an issue.

The only thing I wonder what the plant's dimmesions would have to be to achieve that.

What were all your yields on your first high brix grows? I'm very curious. I saw curso's behemoth pull in almost 2 pounds! I mean what should I shoot for?

It surprised me too. I had only done a couple branches at a time before and I was worried that doing that many would stunt it or something. After finishing and looking at the pictures I was crushed and thought I had messed her up for sure. Checked on her the next day and she looked like nothing bad ever happened to her and there were tops everywhere :)

If you want to grow real big plants I would go for 20gal air pots or smart pots and plan on 1 plant per 4x4 space. I see you have at least one p300 not sure what else you have or are planning on getting but 2 or 3 p300s over each plant would probably work really well, I have two over my 3x3' blue dream right now with some coverage to spare on the one side. Around 3 month veg time with some training to spread them out to a nice even canopy and you should be able to pull 3-4 pounds per crop np with the right strains.

For your first crop I would grow smaller plants to harvest sooner, who wants to wait for three or more months of veg on their very first crop. Then while they are growing you can get the next round vegging so that long veg time doesn't seem so long for the next crop. :thumb:

My blue dream was vegged (not counting seeding time before the fifth node) for 2 months maybe a little more and it worked out to cover 3x3' in a 15gal pot with not really any vertical room to spare.

Subbed! I was going to try something flux-like but without all the extreme pruning. Like maybe start with that initial T shape, but just tie the two main stems down and mostly leaving all the leaves and branches on. The main thing is to minimize height because I'll be in an armoire.

Subbed for sure... Your lack of experience is great for us newbs... We get to see possible pit falls and share in your first success. I can't wait to get my setup going... Thanks for the journal!

Greetings Jamba! Subbed. I too am looking into a HB grow in the near future, and will be watching how a fellow rookie does with it. I have had my share of ups and downs in my first grow, currently on an up, and hoping to flower soon. I too am a platinum light user, with one p300, and a p450 on the way :) Currently just using my own cooked up soils, and maybe getting better; I want to pair Doc's kit with those lights after I have learned a few things...

I hope you smash it out of the park!

Ok, did some plant work today!

Today I
  • Transplanted the 3 White Widows and 1 Trueberry from #3 Smartpots to #10 Smartpots
  • Transplanted my seedlings from Styrofoam cups to #1 Smartpots
  • Planted 2 fresh White Widow seeds into Styrofoam cups (Starting my perpetual!)
  • Drenched everything that got transplanted with 1/4 strength transplant after soaking soil with plain water
  • Took clones (First attempt at High Brix Cloning, and I've never had a successful clone before...)
  • Foliar sprayed everything with "Stress"

20150114_205229.jpg
20150114_205220.jpg
20150114_205216.jpg

All White Widow except the Trueberry pictured bottom left.

20150114_205202.jpg

20150114_205058.jpg

In this clone picture the 3 on the left are Widows and the right is a Trueberry. They all seemed really healthy when they went into the rockwool. Oh, and the rockwool was soaked in 1/4 strength Transplant, and a healthy dusting of "Roots" went into the holes in the rockwool starters before the clones went in.

All my prior attempts to clone have failed, I think due to my heating mat toasting the roots because I didnt have a temperature regulator hooked up before. This is my first attempt at cloning with High Brix. The Temp/Humidity is different now 3 hours since the picture was taken. Its now 78 degrees and 80% humidity. The white thing is some "co2 generator" thing I thought couldn't hurt...

Beautiful, Jamba!

Clones from High Brix mothers tend to root really really well. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's hard to mess up when you're using the Kit, eh? :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom