1st Try At DWC/Soil Grow - Huckleberry - Cherry Pie - Dogwalker OG - Malawi Gold

Spotted Dick is a dish severed there...
Very funny people over there in England, I met an English gal once who said "I am going to step out side to suck on a fag" I almost fell over laughing until she explained a fag was a smoke.

Spotted dick is a very nice cake haha

I am sure it is, I can imagine how much fun it is to be in a restaurant and over hearing someone say, "Yes dear, you can have some spotted dick" To which she replies, "Oh yummy"

We are a funny bunch us English, gotta love me some spotted dick tho with lashings of warm custard, Mmmmmm.
Yes you are and I love :love: you guys and gals. Very hard to find a better group of people, though if you ever come over to the USA to visit may I suggest you NEVER say that out loud in a poorly lit restaurant. You may end up with a whole different type of warm custard then you were expecting:rofl:

Hope everyone is having a great Mother's Day and gotten that phone call out of the way and are enjoying the beautiful day. Lots happening here today, I was suppose to drop off some plants out to my brothers place yesterday but things got changed so that is happening today. I also am putting the last 2 ladies into the ground here at my place. I am still undecided as to which plants I will be keeping here and which will be going out to my brothers place. Guess I better make up my mind soon I am running out of time. On one hand I want to see just how tall the MG will grow if allowed to grow but on the other hand the plant structure looks so promising to grow espalier I would not mind doing that too... decisions decisions, so many strains, so many plants, so little time

Did my normal bucket switch today and as usual I did not pay much attention to how much of what I added just sloshed it in till it looked good then PH'd it all down to 5.8. When I checked the PPM the smaller plants were about where I was shooting for, between 600 to 800 PPM though I really overshot the big Huckleberry and she ended up at 1540 PPM. I am not to excited over being so high since she drinks like a drunken sailor on payday. She should suck those numbers down to an except-able level in a day or two. I am flipping the DWC's to flower today though I was 1/2 temped to see just how big I could get that Huckleberry, but if I don't the MG will out grow my tent for sure.

Temp/RH% have all been right in the correct ranges in the tents. Roots are all looking nice on the DWC's so lets just cut to the chase and post a few pictures.
Here is the rootball for the big Huckleberry. If you take your middle finger and make a circle with your thumb, that is roughly the size of the stalk coming out of the bucket depending if you have hands like me or like Donald Trump:rofl:
IMG_191420.jpg
IMG_191726.jpg

Every week I always seem to have some sort of screw up and I figure this week is no different then any other week. Poor little Sinead had a surprise for me this morning when I went out to check in on her. This must be her pay back for my trim job I gave her
IMG_192129.jpg
IMG_191928.jpg
IMG_192027.jpg

Yep those are pre flowers dang nab it, looks like I should have had some supplemental light on her till the days got longer. Oh well I think she will rebound from this as well.

The veg tent is about to get less crowded, yep time to say buh-bye to:
IMG_193720.jpg

and I am thinking it is time to say buh-bye to at least one MG though I am still up in the air about which one, one is taller but would be perfect to try growing on an espalier set up but if I want a big tall monster I think she needs to be the one headed out to my brothers.
IMG_193626.jpg
IMG_193118.jpg

The Cherry Pie is hanging in there , I do not have very high expectations for that gal but hopefully she will surprise me in the long run.
IMG_192824.jpg
IMG_192726.jpg

I have one MG in the ground and it looks like I will be adding another and a Huckleberry to fill in the gaps.
IMG_192920.jpg
IMG_192225.jpg
IMG_192530.jpg

So in the flowering tent I have one big Huckleberry, one small Huckleberry, a small Dog Walker OG and one Malawi Gold all in DWC being flipped today to 12/12 maybe 13/11 not sure just yet I still need to calculate so I can still water in the mornings and in the evenings when I get home from work.

Sorry if long winded. but hey that is just me :rofl:

Have a great day and hope all your gardens are green and pest free :circle-of-love:

Good luck on the re-veg! You are brave putting the girls outdoors this early.
I'll be looking forward to seeing how they do. I'm still using GLR on my outdoor plants for fear of them going into flower. How long was Sinead outdoors before she flowered?
Is that you still in your PJ's? :cheesygrinsmiley:

England is not known for its sunshine? Really I thought I saw all kinds of advertisements for England with people sipping drinks down on the sandy beaches soaking in the sun. They said something like come visit England, the sun-whorshippers paradise where we get 345 days of sun every year. Or was that Jamaica I get that add confused sometimes. ;)

The Costa Del North West has umbrellas outside all street cafes. They are there for the rain, not the sun. Spotted Dick is popular because it's stodgy carbs that stick to your ribs and keep you warm.

Good luck on the re-veg! You are brave putting the girls outdoors this early.
I'll be looking forward to seeing how they do. I'm still using GLR on my outdoor plants for fear of them going into flower. How long was Sinead outdoors before she flowered?
She was outdoors for 3 weeks and that made me think so I just looked up the total hours of day light for then and for now. When I 1st put her out we were getting 13 1/2 hours of sunlight per day, now we are up to 14 2/3 hours. By 5/31/2016 we will be u to 15 1/2 hours of sunlight so that would explain why she went int flower, she dropped from being 18/6 her whole like all the way down to 13 1/2/10 1/2. I am pretty sure she will figure out what is going on but to play it safe I will be running lights out on timers to the other 4 that I will keep running at least until the 31st. I think if I start out with say 2 1/2 hours to begin with then diminish it down each week and keep them in the neighborhood of 16 to 16 1/2 hours of light I should be golden.
Glad you tossed that comment out there Major, it got me thinking :hug:

Is that you still in your PJ's? :)
BUSTED! You got me, sure glad I was not wearing my low cut strapless lingerie or I would be even more embarrassed:)

Wow I am so jealous of this outdoor grow thing!
Pretty crazy isn't it, I love it. I can only imagine it feels much like a gay person coming out of the closet and not being in fear of being beat up :laugh: It still baffles my brain why they make such a big fuss over MJ, I get it that they brainwashed the public into believing that it was some evil drug, but really? If they told me for 70 years the sky was green not blue, at some point I have to stand up and call "Bullshit" no matter how many studies they can produce. Be patient my friend, it will not be long and you to will be growing outdoors legally too, the genie has been let out of the bottle and it is not going back in so it is just a question of time at this stage of the game.

The Costa Del North West has umbrellas outside all street cafes. They are there for the rain, not the sun. Spotted Dick is popular because it's stodgy carbs that stick to your ribs and keep you warm.

Max you just added something to my bucket list, before I die, I want to stop in to the Costa Del North and enjoy a nice serving of Spotted Dick while sitting under their umbrella enjoying the rain.

So I picked up some supplemental lights to put outside on my 4 other ladies today. I have the timer set up to run 1 hour after dusk and 2 hours before sunrise. Hopefully this will cover things until the end of the month when the days will be up to 15 1/2 hours per day.

I think the DWC grow method is going to get closeted at least till I retire or get laid off again. I had no idea how much time I spend watering those buckets, the big Huckleberry has had 1 gallon this morning, another gallon this after noon and will take another gallon before I go to bed. I kind of miss only having to water every 3rd day.. doesn't seem such a hassle anymore:)

G'day mate!

Just north of you up here in Seattle. I actually had a 7x5gal bucket Recycling Deep water culture system running one of my hybrid designs. The hydro mesh pots were layered first with coco fibre to create a 1-2 inch filter then I would but my transplants straight into the "coco shell". I would run nothing but pure pH balanced water underneath and dose her with fert spikes into the soil that I made out of pvc pipe with holes drilled into them with the ends capped off. The initial work is a bit, but it pays off. Some of the nicest smoke I've ever had.

Great set up. Lovely looking plants :)

G'day mate!

Just north of you up here in Seattle. I actually had a 7x5gal bucket Recycling Deep water culture system running one of my hybrid designs. The hydro mesh pots were layered first with coco fibre to create a 1-2 inch filter then I would but my transplants straight into the "coco shell". I would run nothing but pure pH balanced water underneath and dose her with fert spikes into the soil that I made out of pvc pipe with holes drilled into them with the ends capped off. The initial work is a bit, but it pays off. Some of the nicest smoke I've ever had.

Great set up. Lovely looking plants :)

Welcome Growlows my northern neighbor :byebye:

I have been kicking an idea around in my head on a way to make the watering issue go away, since water in two containers connected together seeks the same level I could put multiple buckets that only hold water and nutrients all connected to a single bucket in the grow tent. I could even keep them outside the tent and just run the hose through one of the outlets in the tent that is down low. The only draw back I see is come res. changes I would need to install a union and a couple of valves so I could isolate the bucket with the plant in it to drain and clean. Who knows maybe I will get motivated, then again I would not bet any money on it :rofl:

I am thinking there are all kinds of ways to modify this system to make it more automatic one could put on a large receiver and control how much goes to the buckets through a float valve. I imagine one could even go so far as to add the nutrients automatically and even drain the buckets automatically. The only thing I am not sure how to set up would be the sterilizing the buckets but I imagine if I thought about it enough there is a way to do that too.
Oh lord I am thinking again, I need to stop doing that, it always gets me into trouble in one form or another ;)

I think the nicest smoke I have ever had was legal smoke, just not having in the back of my head wondering if "Johnny Law"would be knocking at the door has been so relaxing. I can not wait till everyone can experience it :circle-of-love:

From your lips to Gods ears OG.

What about using a Rubbermaid for your resevoir. They can be like 18-40 gallons and you could just run two lines from it. One pump out and one return line. Have it pump a few minutes each hour to refresh the resevoir in the bucket. You could chain all your buckets to this resevoir in a circle. Have the resevoir a few inches below the bucket bottoms and all would drain to the big res for nutrient change time. If you keep the resevoir outside the tent you could change nutes and add water even at lights out.

From your lips to Gods ears OG.

What about using a Rubbermaid for your resevoir. They can be like 18-40 gallons and you could just run two lines from it. One pump out and one return line. Have it pump a few minutes each hour to refresh the resevoir in the bucket. You could chain all your buckets to this resevoir in a circle. Have the resevoir a few inches below the bucket bottoms and all would drain to the big res for nutrient change time. If you keep the resevoir outside the tent you could change nutes and add water even at lights out.

Yet another great idea, though I am curious how I would be able to separate each bucket every week to scrub them with bleach if they are all inter-connected? If I was growing in an actual grow room I would not mind building something a bit more permanite but a tent is so temporary not sure if I want to spend that much effort into something temporary.

Oh and by the way Shiggity, I have been so dang busy I have not had time lately to touch base with you. How is everything going in your neck of the woods? I know you have been having great results with your High Brix soil was more curious as to life in general, I could have figured your garden would be in great shape. It always is..lol

I will try and shoot you a PM by the weekend but you know me, 2 finger typer and long winded Hell it takes me 20 minutes just to say hello ;)

Back
Top Bottom