2046 : Chimp vs. Sativa

Thanks, man.
Tincture is cooking down at this point, about 1/3 gone from what was left after the straining. I'm not sure if the alcohol cooks off first (which would seem logical, seeing as how it evaporates easier) or they cook off together, but the vodka smell is lessening too. I think I may need to put this in a glass bowl when it gets down too much because at that point I'm guessing it will be like syrup and I'm going to have a hard time getting it out. :)
It's about as hot as a cup of coffee (not as hot as a GOOD cup of coffee), so Ima turn the crock pot up to high get ready to start singing my Starchimp song those who know it!

I think alcohol has a boiling around 170 degrees so it should take awhile.
sounds like you are on the right track with coffee temps:)
Thanks, man.
Tincture is cooking down at this point, about 1/3 gone from what was left after the straining. I'm not sure if the alcohol cooks off first (which would seem logical, seeing as how it evaporates easier) or they cook off together, but the vodka smell is lessening too. I think I may need to put this in a glass bowl when it gets down too much because at that point I'm guessing it will be like syrup and I'm going to have a hard time getting it out. :)
It's about as hot as a cup of coffee (not as hot as a GOOD cup of coffee), so Ima turn the crock pot up to high get ready to start singing my Starchimp song those who know it!

weed don't like much more than the alcohol so dont have a boiling pot either

What a mess, but it's at least most of the way there.....
Old Timers Haze - Left plant:

0011474.JPG
0021477.JPG

A few starting flowers on the right plant:

0031407.JPG

:peace:

PC

The alcohol will burn off first. if it is all gone the oil will congeal and fall out of the water to the bottom when cooled. If you want tincture you have to leave in some alcohol if you evaporate all the water you will be left with oil. The color will vary with strain.

Whats the use of tinctures?

I am enjoying 2 shots in a white Merlot to ease the pain from...today. There are many ways to use tincture...topical to suppository and many things in between :cheesygrinsmiley:

Happy Munchday PC:)
I was going to say that you should talk to Buck about cooking down your oil but he already chimed in:)
My grow is going very well. I hope I can see it through.

Thanks, Buckshot for the info (minus the suppository visual) :)
I'm too afraid I'd cut the cheese and give everybody a contact buzz.....
That's what I'm looking for is the oil. I put it in a glass bowl and I'll keep the crock pot on low until the liquid thickens. It's about 2/3 gone from the original amount after the straining. The rod I've been using is sticky when I take it out and a droplet rolls off the end slow, approximate viscosity of hot motor oil.
For me the whole idea of a tincture is to make use of not so good crops or plants, and hopefully cut down on the intense manhours I spend smoking dope, Medicatetoday..... :)
Good to know your plants are doing okay and hopefully you'll get to see this grow out, fish cake. After this 3rd mail snag I know the feeling of suddenly having to stop my work; it sucks.
Well I'll probably see what the souvenir was that the seedbank sent me was today, along with the green tape or letter. That sucks too.
I'm going to burn one before I start my days work; I'm depressed now..... :(

:peace:

Well, my tincture mix looks like this. There is a 1/8" layer of clear but slightly olive colored fluid on the top (water?) with tiny particles that look like pieces of wax shaving at a micro level (dust or plant debris?) floating around with the fluid movement, not anywhere near a boil but I still turned it down to low. The bottom (which probably has a lot of plant debris) is a dark amber/brown color and the mixture is cloudy. There is little distinguishable smell of alcohol at this point, it's mostly a plant material smell. The line between the two layers can be seen clearly, so what I'm gonna do is keep heating it until that clear layer is gone. Then what goo's left will be the $hit to write home about I'm hopin'!
Wish a chimp luck!
:)

Happy Tokesday Pot Chimp:)
I am living vicariously through you cook off. have you struck bubbling crude?

So I am kinda caught up... really I suck at keeping on track. Careful not to overheat the tincture... doing so will vaporize the THC and leave more of the "C's" ... I do a minimum of three shots when I want the effects, sometimes more. I found cannabis spinach style is incredibly potent. Slow simmer some sweet leaf in a lot of good old fashioned artery clogging butter for a while till nice and tender (3-5 min is enough... simmer longer if tough), spice to taste and voila! If you eat a portion the size you would have as a side for dinner you will feel the effects. It tastes good too, if you like spinach!! :cheesygrinsmiley: Do chimps eat spinach? The way I found this was I was disposing of a wad of "spinach" after making butter and it smelled great. I took some and it tasted good too so I had some more and threw it away thinking I had all the "good stuff" in the butter. A little later I was pissed at myself for throwing away all that spinach cause I had a good effect from eating a small amount.

Sorry for rambling... seems a shame to backspace though :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nope that want ramble that was very interesting Buckshot

This glass bowl I have it in inside the crock pot is about 4" in diameter, fish cake. It's down to about 1/2" deep, all traces of alcohol are gone from the smell and taste, and it still isn't thick. I'll just keep heating it until all the water is gone, and hopefully it won't take THIS much longer>>>>

0021479.JPG

:)

Final on the tincture : At this point I should call it an oil, because it's exactly the same as molasses except taste (thickness and color). The taste is basically tar, chem, and salt. The next time I try this trick it's gonna be in Everclear, and it's gonna be clean kief. What a mess and a pain in the a$$. Not exactly sure what to do with it besides putting about 1/4 tsp in my coffee every morning that way I can get the day off to a good start and finish at the same time..... :)

Hey I'll put a line down this blunt I'm gonna smoke!

Hey I'll put a line down this blunt I'm gonna smoke!

Yes! I was hunting around the other day for a way to make the ol' hash oil for precisely that use. Is this thin enough for that?

I also thought it would be cool to use hash oil to glue kief to buds - roll buds in some oil and dust 'em with kief. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom