420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya

Is there an example in pics here showing the up potting? I started mine in too small pots and will need to go up, but I not sure of the best way.

Hello DeeBoy and :welcome: to 420 Magazine. I transplanted a Carnival from a Solo cup to a 1-gallon pot recently. I'm still pretty new at this but here's the post that shows what I did, for what it's worth:

HashGirl's Summer 2021 Recreational Grow

The method I use, I learned from @InTheShed. Hope it helps. Here is another helpful link about transplanting that you may find helpful:

Everything You Need to Know to Grow Marijuana

Hello DeeBoy and :welcome: to 420 Magazine. I transplanted a Carnival from a Solo cup to a 1-gallon pot recently. I'm still pretty new at this but here's the post that shows what I did, for what it's worth:

HashGirl's Summer 2021 Recreational Grow

The method I use, I learned from @InTheShed. Hope it helps. Here is another helpful link about transplanting that you may find helpful:

Everything You Need to Know to Grow Marijuana
Hello! @HashGirl! Definitely will go check that out right now..

Today Is the day I’m thinking of planting these seeds In 4 solo cups. Going to give them about 2, and a half, weeks before potting them In 1 gallon fabric pots. Going to purchase plenty of Superthrive, and root igniter. Making sure I don’t overwater aswell. I’m assured this will go by great. Going to follow Emiyla’s steps, and go from there..!

Veg, Day 16
All is well in Veg Room #1. They are all spreading their leaves to gather in more leaf building light. Every container is quite heavy as expected and all the drip pans have been pulled dry.

In my time visiting today I only noted 2 fugus gnats, and they were heading for the bottom of the container, trying to get in that way instead of through the razor blades. Although given points for ingenuity, the tiny brained critter doesn't realize that her super-gnat efforts are to no avail... the new flyers have to come up though the soil at the top, only to be cut to shreds. Crafty little beasties though, I have to give them credit.

Even the runt is looking much better today. The new soil agrees with her and I believe that the double shot of dunks has helped her more than any of the others by rapidly killing the larvae that were eating her roots. I suspect that she is going to recover and although she may always be the smallest in the room, I think she is going to make it just fine.

Here are the shots for the day along with my attempt to be artistic with a rapidly failing camera... now the digital view screen refuses to work. I am holding out for Christmas shopping season when the price of cameras falls... they are ridiculous right now.

Tomorrow will be the big day of adding nematodes to all plants in rotation at the moment and scrubbing the walls. It is supposed to rain all day anyway, so inside work for me! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.

Short and strong... these are going to be fun to manage plants as we get into the training phase:
DSCF9358.JPG

All are pretty consistent now, even with several days difference in starting times. You can see the runt standing a little prouder this afternoon, second row from the back, second over from the left. Pay no attention to the lone solo cup with my friend's poor little Gelato rescue plant... it has nothing to do with this grow.
DSCF9357.JPG

The 5th node is popping up all around the table... soon it will be topping time!
DSCF9352.JPG

Veg, Day 16
All is well in Veg Room #1. They are all spreading their leaves to gather in more leaf building light. Every container is quite heavy as expected and all the drip pans have been pulled dry.

In my time visiting today I only noted 2 fugus gnats, and they were heading for the bottom of the container, trying to get in that way instead of through the razor blades. Although given points for ingenuity, the tiny brained critter doesn't realize that her super-gnat efforts are to no avail... the new flyers have to come up though the soil at the top, only to be cut to shreds. Crafty little beasties though, I have to give them credit.

Even the runt is looking much better today. The new soil agrees with her and I believe that the double shot of dunks has helped her more than any of the others by rapidly killing the larvae that were eating her roots. I suspect that she is going to recover and although she may always be the smallest in the room, I think she is going to make it just fine.

Here are the shots for the day along with my attempt to be artistic with a rapidly failing camera... now the digital view screen refuses to work. I am holding out for Christmas shopping season when the price of cameras falls... they are ridiculous right now.

Tomorrow will be the big day of adding nematodes to all plants in rotation at the moment and scrubbing the walls. It is supposed to rain all day anyway, so inside work for me! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.

Short and strong... these are going to be fun to manage plants as we get into the training phase:
DSCF9358.JPG

All are pretty consistent now, even with several days difference in starting times. You can see the runt standing a little prouder this afternoon, second row from the back, second over from the left. Pay no attention to the lone solo cup with my friend's poor little Gelato rescue plant... it has nothing to do with this grow.
DSCF9357.JPG

The 5th node is popping up all around the table... soon it will be topping time!
DSCF9352.JPG
Emilya, I will look forward to following. We are both organic soil...you are are a bit ahead.

Just planted seeds from 4 separate strains In 4 solo cups.
1 Is a OG x Haze, 1 Is a Sour Diesel x Big Bud, 1 Is a Chemdawg x Sour Diesel, and 1 Is a NL1 x Chronic x G13.
Going to follow @Emilya ’s steps In growing these 4 girls. Going to place them In a 300WATT equivalent light In my bedroom for about 2 weeks, then move them outdoors Into 1 gallon fabric pots.!

Veg, Day 17
Happy Memorial/Remembrance Day Everyone!

DSCF9367.JPG

Today shows the girls starting to get with it, but no where near time to give them a drink. Even for my famous in-between partial watering of the edges, it is too early. This alteration of what normally happens at the 3 day mark after uppotting is no doubt due to that last watering the morning before the uppotting. I can see a one day stutter in the plant's development because of that mistake. I am giving them one more day to get back on track before doing anything else to them.

The runt is also doing better. It's amazing how much better one can look when something isn't constantly gnawing at your toes!
DSCF9364.JPG

Meanwhile, growth hasn't stopped. I could easily top about half of them on the table, right now.

DSCF9366.JPG

Good news is that zero fungus gnats were spotted this evening. I believe that we have finally wiped out a generation of them. Keeping at it though... there are no doubt more coming up through the soil... if they can, that is.

DSCF9363.JPG

DSCF9365.JPG

Veg, Day 18
All of the plants are showing great lift again and a couple of them had even used enough water that the top surface had dried out, turning the diatomaceous earth bright white again. Some are definitely running faster than the others, but totally acceptable during this longer wet/dry cycle of the new containers. We will be able to get them all synced up together soon.
DSCF9370.JPG
DSCF9369.JPG

The runt is also showing great growth suddenly and showing great promise now that the fungus gnats have been mostly controlled. She is now trying to catch up with the group as best she can.

DSCF9371.JPG

I am also starting to see a bit of yellowing in some of the bottom leaves, showing me that it is indeed time to give the first top dressing of Geoflora. Another day, or two at the most, and we should be able to do another full watering and we will get the Geoflora in there then.

DSCF9368.JPG

I am also starting to see a bit of yellowing in some of the bottom leaves, showing me that it is indeed time to give the first top dressing of Geoflora. Another day, or two at the most, and we should be able to do another full watering and we will get the Geoflora in there then.

Good morning, Emilya.

Your plants are looking very pretty.

Regarding your comment above about GF, does the bit of yellowing coincide with the 2 week duration that GF recommends? Or, are you using it intuitively, the way you seem to do with most of your gardening? :battingeyelashes:

Good morning, Emilya.

Your plants are looking very pretty.

Regarding your comment above about GF, does the bit of yellowing coincide with the 2 week duration that GF recommends? Or, are you using it intuitively, the way you seem to do with most of your gardening? :battingeyelashes:
Yes, the 2 week feeding interval seems to be pretty strict and even trying to go another watering cycle past the "due date" with very active plants and when using tap water, that this seems to slow down the organic feeding cycle enough that deficiencies are noted. It might be that with that last round of tap water at the end of the two weeks, the chlorine/chloramine is enough to slow down the microbes and the feeding cycle, and because of that I am starting to think that feeding a day or two early is preferable to feeding a day or two late both in veg and in bloom. I would be curious to hear if @GeoFlora Nutrients has heard similar conclusions from its other users. I have been sort of flexible with the feeding day, timing it instead to the watering cycles, but I am thinking now that I need to determine the feeding days at the start of the grow and as closely as I can, adhere to that schedule all along.

Veg, Day 18
All of the plants are showing great lift again and a couple of them had even used enough water that the top surface had dried out, turning the diatomaceous earth bright white again. Some are definitely running faster than the others, but totally acceptable during this longer wet/dry cycle of the new containers. We will be able to get them all synced up together soon.
DSCF9370.JPG
DSCF9369.JPG

The runt is also showing great growth suddenly and showing great promise now that the fungus gnats have been mostly controlled. She is now trying to catch up with the group as best she can.

DSCF9371.JPG

DSCF9368.JPG
Everyday that passes by these girls get so much more larger, and larger. You’re doing a great job @Emilya !
My indoors will begin In the coming months. Made space In my closet for about 4-5 pots, and a space to keep my nutrients In. Would definitely love for you guys to stop by when that journal Is made!

Everyday that passes by these girls get so much more larger, and larger. You’re doing a great job @Emilya !
My indoors will begin In the coming months. Made space In my closet for about 4-5 pots, and a space to keep my nutrients In. Would definitely love for you guys to stop by when that journal Is made!
Thanks for the compliments! I would be happy to put your future journal in the rotation. I don't always comment, but I do read a whole lot of journals out here. Just send a tag when you get it started to call me in, and I will lock it in.

Thanks for the compliments! I would be happy to put your future journal in the rotation. I don't always comment, but I do read a whole lot of journals out here. Just send a tag when you get it started to call me in, and I will lock it in.
Sounds perfect! Will do! Definitely enjoy the content on THIS journal you got going on. Plus the rest of your tip threads help out immensely with my grows. The main one being the watering tip thread..!

Back
Top Bottom