420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya

Veg, Day 18
All of the plants are showing great lift again and a couple of them had even used enough water that the top surface had dried out, turning the diatomaceous earth bright white again. Some are definitely running faster than the others, but totally acceptable during this longer wet/dry cycle of the new containers. We will be able to get them all synced up together soon.
DSCF9370.JPG
DSCF9369.JPG

The runt is also showing great growth suddenly and showing great promise now that the fungus gnats have been mostly controlled. She is now trying to catch up with the group as best she can.

DSCF9371.JPG

I am also starting to see a bit of yellowing in some of the bottom leaves, showing me that it is indeed time to give the first top dressing of Geoflora. Another day, or two at the most, and we should be able to do another full watering and we will get the Geoflora in there then.

DSCF9368.JPG
Simple question using @geoflora nutes. Do the stalks of your plants seem larger?

Simple question using @geoflora nutes. Do the stalks of your plants seem larger?
I don't think so... I have noticed that the more water a plant is capable of drawing up, the larger the stalk and the better I do at building a rootball, the larger the girth becomes.

I don't think so... I have noticed that the more water a plant is capable of drawing up, the larger the stalk and the better I do at building a rootball, the larger the girth becomes.
Ok just wondering. My 2nd grow stalks are much larger guess I did a better job of following your watering techniques. I kinda thought the fatter the stalk the better the root ball. Wow I must have done something right

Veg, Day 19
All is well in veg room #1. The plants have all stepped up the water usage and each container felt much lighter today than it did yesterday. All of the top surfaces of the containers are now showing snowy white diatomaceous earth, indicating that the top is dry. It has been 5 days since watering, and I suspect that tomorrow they will have dried enough to give a full @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG feeding along with a proper watering.
DSCF9377.JPG

This evening, every plant was rotated in place as many had started leaning in toward the strongest light in the middle of the table. This shows me that they can tolerate even more light, so after watering tomorrow I will lower the light a few inches. There is also a very good chance that I will do the first toppings tomorrow too... we shall see. I might wait one more day, for the first feeding to kick in with an expected growth spurt.

Every day, the runt looks stronger and stronger but you can see from the color of the top coating of DE that she isn't using water yet as fast as some of her sisters:
DSCF9380.JPG

Here are some side shots so you can see the shortness and the tight internodal spacing which will result in some great weight bearing strength of these very active plants. When I start pruning the top, this lower node growth is going to go insane.

DSCF9368.JPG

DSCF9379.JPG

DSCF9378.JPG

Yes, the 2 week feeding interval seems to be pretty strict and even trying to go another watering cycle past the "due date" with very active plants and when using tap water, that this seems to slow down the organic feeding cycle enough that deficiencies are noted. It might be that with that last round of tap water at the end of the two weeks, the chlorine/chloramine is enough to slow down the microbes and the feeding cycle, and because of that I am starting to think that feeding a day or two early is preferable to feeding a day or two late both in veg and in bloom. I would be curious to hear if @GeoFlora Nutrients has heard similar conclusions from its other users. I have been sort of flexible with the feeding day, timing it instead to the watering cycles, but I am thinking now that I need to determine the feeding days at the start of the grow and as closely as I can, adhere to that schedule all along.
@Emilya We recommend adhering to the 2-week feed intervals as closely as possible to prevent deficiencies and ensure an even distribution of the ingredient types. A few days makes a difference when you are dealing with nutrients that take time to release.

In regards to the chloramine, we don't notice major degradation of bacteria from tap water with typical city levels, but if you're worried about it you can always leave your water aerating or standing for 24-48 hours before watering to bring those levels down!

@Emilya We recommend adhering to the 2-week feed intervals as closely as possible to prevent deficiencies and ensure an even distribution of the ingredient types. A few days makes a difference when you are dealing with nutrients that take time to release.

In regards to the chloramine, we don't notice major degradation of bacteria from tap water with typical city levels, but if you're worried about it you can always leave your water aerating or standing for 24-48 hours before watering to bring those levels down!
Thank you... that confirms what I am seeing by experimenting. I will adhere to the 2 week rule as closely as I can for the duration of this grow. The chlorine/chloramine factor must be pretty low in my grow rooms, since I typically will pump my tap water upstairs to the 55gal barrel sitting upstairs in the grow area, where it sits for a week or two before getting used up and needing to be topped off again. I see no reason that I can't also aerate this water now that you mention it, and I will set up an air pump to make that happen in the next few days. Not only will that help deal with the chlorine, but it will also aerate the water... always a treat for the plants when it can be done consistently.

Veg, Day 20
Everything looks good in Veg Room #1 this evening, but a few command decisions needed to be made. I really want the plants to dry out completely on this cycle, but they are not quite there yet. I could have fed and watered, but to be true to my method, I must wait until tomorrow. That will make a full week since the last full watering and 6 days past the first top feeding due date.

The plants have been doing some sneaky growing while we wait for them to use up all the water in the containers. Almost all of the plants are working on sending the 7th (!!!) node up to the top while some of the slower ones are still working on node 6. I can't wait any longer, I had to top the fastest ones in the group.

Tonight they are sorted on the table as to whether topped or not. The 6 on the left side of the table are still waiting to be topped, and surprisingly, even the runt is right in line with all the rest as far as how many nodes are showing. The 5 on the right were just topped tonight.

DSCF9385.JPG
DSCF9384.JPG

Tomorrow night we will water, fertilize and top any more who dare to pop up that 7th node. For now we say goodnight, with grand hopes for what is to come.
Sweet dreams everyone. :circle-of-love:

DSCF9383.JPG
DSCF9381.JPG

DSCF9386.JPG

Nice lookin plants,,an nice tight node spacing, overall some beautiful little plants u have there :circle-of-love: :meditate:

Veg, Day 21
Today was an important day other than the fact that we are now at the beginning of the 4th week... It was watering day! The plants went a full 7 days since the watering the day after uppotting to these 1 gallon containers... this time. After building gobs of new roots all throughout the containers while searching for the last bits of water, we will not see a wet/dry cycle this long until we uppot again. Depending on how well we have done here today, I expect the next watering will be in 4 days, on day 25.

The plants all got a small hit of @GeoFlora Nutrients when I transplanted 8 days ago, with a half dose (1tbls) applied right below the old rootball, and the nutrients and microbes in that within the soil application has kept the grow going until now. There were few signs of malnutrition with only 1 plant showing a complaint in a lower leaf but next time, I am going to put a full dose in during the transplant, officially calling that week 00 of the nutrient schedule and then by being more exact with the week 01 application that I am doing now, I bet we can get even more rapid growth from the young plants. Here they are, getting their week 01 topical application of 2 tablespoons of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG.

DSCF9387.JPG
DSCF9389.JPG

No more toppings have been done today... I just wanted to concentrate on watering and feeding today, and without a doubt there will be a big growth spurt in the next 48 hours as the new microbes settle in and get to work. I want to try to be consistent with the topping of all the plants, taking them all as the 7th node begins to rise, and that should result in a room of very similarly shaped plants. From here on out, I am working on the final shape of the plants we will take into bloom. To make things easier as I glance at the room, to be able to tell the topped from the not topped immediately, I have added a blank brightly colored marker in the topped group... the rest will have to work to get their special tag.

DSCF9390.JPG

And lastly, Here is the runt... fighting to catch up and play with her big sisters... and doing a pretty fair job at it too! I think she is going to respond to the new nutes and microbes in a big way.

DSCF9388.JPG

Veg, Day 21
Today was an important day other than the fact that we are now at the beginning of the 4th week... It was watering day! The plants went a full 7 days since the watering the day after uppotting to these 1 gallon containers... this time. After building gobs of new roots all throughout the containers while searching for the last bits of water, we will not see a wet/dry cycle this long until we uppot again. Depending on how well we have done here today, I expect the next watering will be in 4 days, on day 25.

The plants all got a small hit of @GeoFlora Nutrients when I transplanted 8 days ago, with a half dose (1tbls) applied right below the old rootball, and the nutrients and microbes in that within the soil application has kept the grow going until now. There were few signs of malnutrition with only 1 plant showing a complaint in a lower leaf but next time, I am going to put a full dose in during the transplant, officially calling that week 00 of the nutrient schedule and then by being more exact with the week 01 application that I am doing now, I bet we can get even more rapid growth from the young plants. Here they are, getting their week 01 topical application of 2 tablespoons of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG.

DSCF9387.JPG
DSCF9389.JPG

No more toppings have been done today... I just wanted to concentrate on watering and feeding today, and without a doubt there will be a big growth spurt in the next 48 hours as the new microbes settle in and get to work. I want to try to be consistent with the topping of all the plants, taking them all as the 7th node begins to rise, and that should result in a room of very similarly shaped plants. From here on out, I am working on the final shape of the plants we will take into bloom. To make things easier as I glance at the room, to be able to tell the topped from the not topped immediately, I have added a blank brightly colored marker in the topped group... the rest will have to work to get their special tag.

DSCF9390.JPG

And lastly, Here is the runt... fighting to catch up and play with her big sisters... and doing a pretty fair job at it too! I think she is going to respond to the new nutes and microbes in a big way.

DSCF9388.JPG

Your plants are looking fantastic Emilya. Nice and green without burned tips and healthy lower leaves. Couldn't imagine happier plants. All your hard work has certainly paid off. You deserve a lot of credit.

:bravo:

Veg, Day 21

Emilya, Enjoying your GSC grow. Your grow is so similar in appearance to mine and watering schedule. I will top after 5th node this weekend. Looking great.

Veg, Day 22
The plants are obviously enjoying yesterday's water and grew significantly again overnight and this morning. Tomorrow's growth as the nutrients and new microbes kick in, should be impressive. Two more of the girls got their cut today, leaving the runt and one more slow one to go.

DSCF9392.JPG

The plants that have been topped are starting to stretch out a bit more, putting a little more space between nodes and it already appears that lower node growth has accelerated.

DSCF9391.JPG

Veg, Day 23
This morning I looked in and wasn't overly impressed with the growth I was seeing from overnight. Oh what a difference 12 more hours of light has made! Everyone is growth spurting, all over the room! Suddenly, it is crowded on the table since all the plants got noticeably wider! We still have 2 more needing to be topped, but I am being patient and waiting for that last node to rise up. All of the plants that have been topped are suddenly noticeably taller too... the plants are getting prepared for what is coming next and widening out the distance between nodes to be able to accommodate buds.

DSCF9395.JPG

Here is the runt

DSCF9393.JPG

Here is the tallest one:

DSCF9394.JPG

You killed it on that soil mix... looking great. I'd run naked through your garden anytime Em. :yummy: :lot-o-toke:

Veg, Day 23
This morning I looked in and wasn't overly impressed with the growth I was seeing from overnight. Oh what a difference 12 more hours of light has made! Everyone is growth spurting, all over the room! Suddenly, it is crowded on the table since all the plants got noticeably wider! We still have 2 more needing to be topped, but I am being patient and waiting for that last node to rise up. All of the plants that have been topped are suddenly noticeably taller too... the plants are getting prepared for what is coming next and widening out the distance between nodes to be able to accommodate buds.

DSCF9395.JPG

Here is the runt

DSCF9393.JPG

Here is the tallest one:

DSCF9394.JPG
They look amazing @Emilya !
Lot’s of growth spurting overnight from what I can see. You Most definitely know you’re doing. The watering Is doing It’s job! My solo cups are still waiting to sprout. Going to water the cups just a small bit so they can definitely begin to sprout! As for YOUR journal, great job, 8 love It! ❤️

Veg, Day 23

DSCF9395.JPG

Here is the runt

DSCF9393.JPG

Here is the tallest one:

DSCF9394.JPG
Looking good

Back
Top Bottom