420's Sherlock Holmes' FFOF Soil, Bakerstreet C.R.E.A.M. Cheese Autoflower, Grow Journal 2019

Hell yeah man killer journal very descriptive and full of everything and love the sidekick my lil dog he loves checking on the girls with me and stealing fan leaves lol their fine for him checked and made sure think it's cause he takes cbd oil for year and some for arthritis he's 3 next month but been thru surgeries and shit left n right just got him pretty well straitened out to where he walks right but think he knows the leaf is related to his cbd he goes nuts for it lol
IMG_20190317_144952.jpg

Can’t wait to see how they come out. You put a lot of work into them. I was thinking autos for my next grow. It will be over 5 months when I harvest and these Sativas May take longer.
Thanks @WilliamJBud ... I want to do Dark Devil Auto next because we all like purple here and we picked it out together as something cool to grow.

But in the long run, since autoflower yields are pretty high now in some strains, it makes sense for me to grow two harvests of autoflowers in the time it takes to harvest one photoperiod. Also, I don't want to wait a long time ... and besides, if something goes wrong with the photoperiods near the end ... that's a lot of time and money down the drain!

Hell yeah man killer journal very descriptive and full of everything and love the sidekick my lil dog he loves checking on the girls with me and stealing fan leaves lol their fine for him checked and made sure think it's cause he takes cbd oil for year and some for arthritis he's 3 next month but been thru surgeries and shit left n right just got him pretty well straitened out to where he walks right but think he knows the leaf is related to his cbd he goes nuts for it lol
Hey ... it's Team Blue Dream!

Thanks and welcome to the grow @Tkbluedream! Make sure you say hi to @WilliamJBud ... he's growing some awesome plants ... and I love the fan leaves on some of his Sativa plants! Classic!

Lol ... love the pooch and I'm glad he's feeling better! He sounds like a good lil rascal, sneaking and eating his salad :) Actually, you just made me think about something ... CBD should be great for our pets as well as for us. I will read up on that next week.

June 23 2019 - Update

IMG_20190623_172020.jpg

Bakerstreet #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190623_195557.jpg

Bakerstreet #2 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190623_170503.jpg

C.R.E.A.M. #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190623_170431.jpg

Cheese #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 7/ Week 4 ... Day 28 ... late veg.
1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 7/ Week 3 ... Day 21 ... middle veg.
1 Cheese: Day 7/ Week 3 ... Day 21 ... middle veg.

*** Autoflower Stages: 1 week seedling, 3 weeks veg, 3 weeks preflower, 3 weeks bloom, 4-12 weeks cure

Environment:

RH is running steady around 55%.
The RH spiked up to 80% during lights out yesterday for some reason; but no big deal, it was probably good for them for a short period of time.

Canopy temperature is running between 25°C (77°F) and 27°C (81°F) lights on, and 23°C (73°F) lights off.

CO2 is refreshed frequently when the exhaust fan turns on.

The light is running 20h on (15:00 - 11:00) and 4h off (11:00 - 15:00) .

The light is 53 cm (21") above canopy centered over the 4 plants.

Watering and Feeding:

No watering or feeding today.

Activities:

Refilled the humidifier with water.

LST on all plants.
I am checking the plants twice each day and adjusting the LST because the plants are growing quicker now.
My priority is to expose the growth nodes to light and air because they are going to become colas.

Notes:

I am trying to keep the canopy even.
I am going to let the #quadline branches grow out, and just focus on exposing the growth nodes to light and air.

LST is getting more difficult with both of the Bakerstreets and they are likely going to overflow the pot.

I may need to prune some fan leaves instead of just tucking them back, but I only want to prune as a last resort.

I am expecting the Bakerstreets to flower by next Saturday June 29, 2019. Come on pistels!

Lessons Learned:

I learned about mixing perlite and coco and soil yesterday.

Basically the coco is cutting the soil and adding aeration and drainage. We need to pre-charge the medium with cal-mag, watch for dry spots, and treat the pH as a soil grow and not as a coco grow. That is, we want to average the pH around 6.5 ... so I typically run the pH from 6.3 up to 6.8 on alternate feeds.

Although it is an interesting idea, I am still going to stick to my original plan of 25% Perlite, 37.5% FF Ocean Forest, and 37.5% FF Happy Frog for the next grow.

ToDo:

Learn more about growing in coco vs soil.

Learn more about perpetual grows and when to germinate the next seeds.

I think you may get more than 8 ounces out your plants, they look good so far. My last few true crops, not tests, were over 2 ounces each, and I was barely trying. The goal for the next round is to use some additional nutrients during flower, to help bulk up the weight, and boost the terpenes. Your light looks of a better quality than my Amazon specials, so that should factor in a bit for your yield. Nonetheless, we will have a great comparison of C.R.E.A.M plants. I have one outside in full sun, for added comparing.

June 24 2019 - Update

IMG_20190624_174900.jpg

Bakerstreet #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190624_174920.jpg

Bakerstreet #2 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190624_180820.jpg

C.R.E.A.M. #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190624_180831.jpg

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 1/ Week 5 ... Day 29 ... early preflower.
1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 1/ Week 4 ... Day 22 ... late veg.
1 Cheese: Day 1/ Week 4 ... Day 22 ... late veg.

*** Autoflower Stages: 1 week seedling, 3 weeks veg, 3 weeks preflower, 3 weeks bloom, 4-12 weeks cure

Environment:

The RH spiked up to 72% during lights out yesterday for some reason; I am going to deal with this.

Canopy temperature is running between 25°C (77°F) and 27°C (81°F) lights on, and 23°C (73°F) lights off.

Watering and Feeding:

*** All plants will need watering and feeding tomorrow.

Activities:

LST on all plants.
I am checking the plants twice each day and adjusting the LST because the plants are growing quicker now.
My priority is to expose the growth nodes to light and air because they are going to become colas.

Notes:

I am going to let the #quadline branches grow out, and just focus on exposing the growth nodes to light and air.

LST is getting more difficult with both of the Bakerstreets and they are likely going to overflow the pot.

I may need to prune some fan leaves instead of just tucking them back, but I only want to prune as a last resort.

I am expecting the Bakerstreets to flower by next Saturday June 29, 2019. Come on pistels!

I need to buy a small dehumidifier to run during lights out. Humidity will become more important as the plants begin to flower and grow their colas.

I need to buy more plant wire and some of the u-shaped plant ties so I am not constantly disrupting the soil and the roots.

Lessons Learned:

A few weeks ago, I needed to raise the level of the soil in the pots. Burying the stem of Bakerstreet #1 was not as effective as lifting Bakerstreet #2, since Bakerstreet #1 has really slowed its growth.

ToDo:

Learn more about growing in coco vs soil.

Learn more about growing during flower and the stretching of colas.

Liking the attention to detail sq12k :thumb:
And the dogs. I’m sure you can trust Dr Watson to find any rabbits that sneak into your garden! I gotta get some steampunk uv goggles for mine.

Those lil ladies are lovin’ the training!! Pennywise gave me a slight tip in spreading the nodes to keep the spacing tighter. My blurple lighting tends to cause a bit of stretch. Spreading the nodes and new growth has help a bit. I figured I’d throw that out there, you probably already know. The battle of the colas looks like it’s beginning. There’s only 1 problem I see here. We’re gonna have to share you with everyone. You definitely have Journal of the month material here. Keep up the great work, quite inspiring. Cheers!!!

June 25 2019 - Update

IMG_20190625_235454.jpg

Family photo - added cannabis cages to help with LST and future colas.

IMG_20190625_221921.jpg

IMG_20190625_221645.jpg

IMG_20190625_202745.jpg

IMG_20190625_200140.jpg

Cheese #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air. Topped for sexlining.

0_SolubleTrio_654663b80727f3a9eeb2b5ec08051de2.png

Added the Fox Farm Soluble Trio Pack to the nutrient lineup.

0_IMG_20190625_230509.jpg

Added Gaia Green Worm Castings for recharging soil.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 2/ Week 5 ... Day 30 ... early preflower.
1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 2/ Week 4 ... Day 23 ... late veg.
1 Cheese: Day 2/ Week 4 ... Day 23 ... late veg.

Environment:

The RH spiked up to 75% during lights out yesterday; I am going to deal with this.

The temperature spiked up to 31°C (88°F); I am going to deal with this.

Watering and Feeding:

pH: 6.34
ppm: 554

Bakerstreet # 1: 2.1 litres (0.55 gallons)
Bakerstreet # 2: 2.1 litres (0.55 gallons)
C.R.E.A.M. # 1: 1.4 litres (0.37 gallons)
Cheese # 1: 1.4 litres (0.37 gallons)

Watering and feeding is done 1 hour after the lights turn on ... so the roots have been stimulated to draw nutrients up.

Activities:

LST on all plants.

Added cannabis cages to three of the plants to prepare for vertical growth and future colas.

Added about one cup of worm castings to each plant.

Added Fox Farm Open Sesame to the nutrient feeding schedule.

Watered the plants by dripping water on them from a height of 53cm (21").

Topped Cheese #1 again to experiment with sexlining on autoflowers.

Notes:

I may need to prune some fan leaves instead of just tucking them back, but I only want to prune as a last resort. I am hoping the plant will cannibalize the fan leaves naturally and use the nutrients and sugars in them.

I think of the cannabis cages as an individual ScrOG for each plant. This is important to me because I like to remove the plants from the tent, put them on the counter, and then work on them at a comfortable height.

I may not add a cage to C.R.E.A.M. #1 so I can compare training with a cage against versus training without a cage.

After 4 weeks I thought it would be a good idea to recharge the soil with organic worm castings. The worm castings are filled with beneficial microbes, high in natural nutrients, and help protect from pests and disease.

I added Open Sesame to the feeding schedule in anticipation of blooming starting this week. Open Sesame is a high-phosphorus soluble fertilizer that’s designed for use during the early weeks of flowering to support vigorous blooming and bud development.

The plants are strong enough, so I watered them from a height of 53cm (21") to help drive the worm castings into the soil and to simulate natural rainfall.

I topped Cheese #1 again at the new branches of node #4. I plan to experiment with sexlining on autoflowers; that is, instead of 4 lines, I want to train the plant using six lines at an angle of 60 degrees between each line. I hope it doesn't get too crowded or complicated to train.

Lessons Learned:

When cutting the ends off of the cannabis cages, I used a pair of pliers to crimp, ... and then bend to snap.

I am hoping that the time I am investing in training and adding nutrients will result in a larger harvest and a better tasting medicine.

Today when I was out at a horticulture store, the owner thought it would be foolish to cut Ocean Forest with Happy Frog. I could simply add a bit of mycorrhizae to the soil and use root stimulants during veg for my next grow.

ToDo:

Learn more about growing in coco vs soil; although I am pretty happy with soil right now.

Nice work Sherlock. Under control.
What does Dr Watson have to say about things?
Hey @DonkeyDick ... I made a few changes today to the feeding schedule so I will watch the plants closely.

Dr. Watson sits with me while I work ... and so far he loves the smell!

He is 8 years old now ... so when he gets arthritis, I will add some CBD and THC to his edibles to help him feel better :)

June 26 2019 - Update

IMG_20190626_165558.jpg

Family photo - added cannabis cage to Bakerstreet #1 to help with LST and future colas.

IMG_20190626_165516.jpg

IMG_20190626_165349.jpg

IMG_20190626_165244.jpg

IMG_20190626_165232.jpg

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 3/ Week 5 ... Day 31 ... early preflower.
1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 3/ Week 4 ... Day 24 ... late veg.
1 Cheese: Day 3/ Week 4 ... Day 24 ... late veg.

Environment:

Watering and Feeding:

Activities:

LST on all plants.

Raised Bakerstreet #1 in the pot and topped up with more soil.

Added a cannabis cage to Bakerstreet #1 to prepare for vertical growth and future colas.

Notes:

I may need to prune some fan leaves instead of just tucking them back, but I only want to prune as a last resort. I am hoping the plant will cannibalize the fan leaves naturally and use the nutrients and sugars in them.

I think of the cannabis cages as an individual ScrOG for each plant. This is important to me because I like to remove the plants from the tent, put them on the counter, and then work on them at a comfortable height.

I added a cage to Bakerstreet #1 to make LST easier.

I noticed that some of the ties I was using for LST were slipping. This has resulted in some of the fan leaves blocking some of the growth nodes; therefore these growth nodes remain underdeveloped. If this continues, I will need to get better at anchoring the ties or prune the fan leaves.

Lessons Learned:

I had asked if the store that I get my nutrients from could order me some Big Bloom and Bembe from Fox Farm because they were out of stock. I was surprised to find out that they could not import those nutrients into Canada because they contained something bad.

This then led to a discussion about organic and synthetic nutrients. I found out that Ocean Forest and Happy frog are organic soils, but some of the nutrients contain inorganic chemicals that create salts which kill the bacteria and fungi in the soil due to osmotic pressure (dehydration).

I then asked about mycorrhizae and I was told that the Fox Farm synthetic nutrients will kill the fungi and destroy the symbiotic relationship between fungus and roots. This explains the need for the Fox Farm Bush Doctor line ... you have microbes in the soil ... their nutrients kill the mirobes ... and their products replenish the microbes.

So one choice is go pure organic which can cause slower growth because the microbes have to do a lot of slow work.

Anyway, I am now confused about soil choice and nutrient choices.

This explains the need to flush in the end and to slow cure, because if you don't, then you end up smoking salts and impurities.

Yesterday was the first day I pumped up the Phosphorus in anticipation of blooming. Unfortunately I pHed the water at 6.3 and Phosphorus needs water pH about 6.6 to be used. This is why the leaves are turning purple ... Phosphorous deficiency ... lol

So, ... I'll just pour some distilled water on them, at pH 7.0, to raise the pH up a bit to get the Phosphorous flowing.

ToDo:

Learn more about growing in coco vs soil; after today I am questioning growing in soil using inorganic nutrients.

Very interesting on the soil and nutes. I did notice a little build up on my fabric pots my first grow, toward the end. I did water with only ph tap water the last 2 weeks. I thought about adding the other nutes you have introduced, but never pulled the trigger. I think I’ll stay my course. Thank you
Funny that you mention nutes. Yesterday was the first day I pumped up the Phosphorus in anticipation of blooming. Unfortunately I pHed the water at 6.3 and Phosphorus needs water pH about 6.6 to be used.

This is why the leaves are turning purple ... Phosphorous deficiency lol

So I'll just pour some distilled water on them, at pH 7.0, to raise the pH up a bit to get the Phosphorous flowing.

Back
Top Bottom