So, what happen? @Jon , @StoneOtter

Well, I had an unfortunate turn of events. The schedule I was running under light manipulation was 21.36 lights on. When playing with light schedules you can leave the lights of longer, but be careful to have a consisted schedule that you stick by. If this schedule fluctuates, it has a direct correlation on the plant’s development.

Twice, in a week my light turned off of during light on period. At first, I did not think it was a problem. After a bout with PH drop, I flush her with 5 gallons of RO water and made a new solution. Needless to say, but I will, this stun her grow. She is back to developing again, but I will leave her of 12/12 up to week 8.

At that time, I will try to show you how to make a White Widow turn white; using light deprivation for two additional weeks of flowering. More to come on this soon, I am in week 6/7 of flower now.

I will add images later, my phone is giving me a problem downloading.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok,,

Images from the last couple weeks.

Tok..
You are on another planet. This is sick. Damn. I’m starting to wonder just how many of you doggone Sensei’s I know!

So, what happen? @Jon , @StoneOtter

Well, I had an unfortunate turn of events. The schedule I was running under light manipulation was 21.36 lights on. When playing with light schedules you can leave the lights of longer, but be careful to have a consisted schedule that you stick by. If this schedule fluctuates, it has a direct correlation on the plant’s development.

Twice, in a week my light turned off of during light on period. At first, I did not think it was a problem. After a bout with PH drop, I flush her with 5 gallons of RO water and made a new solution. Needless to say, but I will, this stun her grow. She is back to developing again, but I will leave her of 12/12 up to week 8.

At that time, I will try to show you how to make a White Widow turn white; using light deprivation for two additional weeks of flowering. More to come on this soon, I am in week 6/7 of flower now.

I will add images later, my phone is giving me a problem downloading.

Tok,,
Images from the last couple weeks.

Tok..
awesome job my friend,,,,love the scog work an all those tops,,,,yeah Im picking up lots of tips as I go,,, yeahthanks to you guys Ive picked up so much great info an advice,,,,and this is what Im kind of looking for, with mine to get her spread out the best I can,,,,,but great work an awesome grow journal my friend so yeah all the best an Im following closely,,,,,an getting mine ready to flip tomoz,,,,fingers crossed,,,,eager see what her stretch brings me,,,,

Let me start by explaining why I am doing this, and then how I am doing it.

Questions are encouraged.

The image below of White Widow are not the standards I have when I scrog a plant. I will be using light manipulation to make the plant grow like it's in vegetative stage, but still in flower. To do this I will place the plant under 21.36 hours of light and just 12 hours of darkness. This time will only be for two weeks of manipulation and then back to the normal 12 on, 12 off for flower.
Using light manipulation will trick the plant into reacting like it is veg. and will cause the plant to continue to shecht and produce additional growth while flowering.

This is how the light schedule will break down in a one week period of lights on. I will continue this schedule for two maybe three weeks.

Day 1 – Sunday, 6:00am till Monday, 3:36am
Day 2 – Monday, 3:36pm till Tuesday, 1:12pm
Day 3 – Wednesday, 1:12am till Wednesday, 10:48pm
Day 4 – Thursday, 10:48am till Friday 8:24am
Day 5 – Friday, 8:24pm till Saturday 6:00pm

You ask; how did I come up with this schedule, good question.

Light manipulation works on the plant reaction to light and the effects it has on the plant. Different light schedules have been tried by others, between manipulating light and darkness. One thing that must remain the same is 12 hours of darkness.
By having a schedule that exposés the plant to 21 hours and 36 minutes of light, I will be almost doubling the amount of time for photosensitizing which in return will make the plant grow larger and produce a stronger plant.

So far the only down side I have is setting up the light schedule on a power strip (real pain) and the extending the harvest time. Since, 12 of darkness is vital to the plants development in flower at this time we will stay on that until the near the end of the flowering cycle. At that time I will make another light manipulation change for two week to change her development again.
More an that in about a month give or take a week.

By manipulating the light this way, it will cause about an addition week of flowering time that was skipped. When I increased the light exposure time, in a sense, we reduced the needed dark period needed for the plan to fully develop during flower. Right now, I figure it will add an additional week of 12 and 12.

Much more to come, and feel free to ask questions.

I will start this after the holiday period.

Tok..

@StoneOtter I will tag you when I do updates.
Is this something that you discovered or read about and if read can you please send me the link. CL🍀

Thanks for stopping by @Jon , @spab1311 and @CaptainLucky
This is not a finished review, but

Review for White Widow

White Widow gets its name from the fact that it is literally blanketed in white crystals. Beware though, this sweet sugary smoke starts out light but expands dramatically which can lead to heavy coughing; especially if you're a novice smoker. When it comes to smell, you can expect a citrus and peppery scent that is accompanied by a lemony aftertaste.

Buds of White Widow are chunky and somewhat conical and tapered. The bud structure of the flowers is more sativa than Indica, with a loose and fluffy texture that can be broken up somewhat easily despite its stickiness. The leaves are spring green with few visible pistils.

When grown successfully, buds are entirely covered in long-stalked trichomes, lending the whitish-gray appearance that gives the strain its memorable name. White Widow is known for having a stinging, ammonia-like scent with some hints of earthy pine. Breaking buds open gives off a more hash, or incense-like odor. The smooth smoke tastes similarly earthy — cannabis consumers accustomed to fruity or tasty crossbreeds may be disappointed by White Widow’s relative lack of flavor.

That said, White Widow is especially pungent when combusted, so smokers worried about discretion should plan accordingly.

Manufacturer Seedsman

Genetics Indian/Brazilian

Variety Indica / Sativa

Other Features Classic, Mold Resistant, Great for Beginners, Insect Resistant, Award Winning, Dense Buds

Flowering Type Photoperiod

Sex Feminized

THC Content Very High (over 20%)

CBD Content Unknown

Yield Medium, High

Yield 800g/m2 indoor, 900g/plant outdoor

Grows Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors

Max Flowering Time 8 weeks

Flowering Time 8 Weeks

Harvest Month End of October

Medical Conditions Pain, Stress

Taste / Flavor Earthy, Fruity

Effect Cerebral, Couch Lock, Creative, Euphoric, Sleepy, Soothing, Uplifting

Sativa Dominant Hybrid Strain Sativa Dominant Hybrid - 60% Sativa / 40% Indica

THC: 18% - 25%, CBD: 1%, CBN: 1%

Effects:

Creative, Energizing, Euphoria, Happy, Uplifting

May Relieve

Bipolar Disorder, Chronic Pain, Depression, Fatigue, Headaches, Migraines, Muscle Spasms, PTSD

Flavors

Dank, Pine, Spicy, Sweet, Woody Aromas

Dank, Earthy, Pungent, Spicy

What this strain lacks in flavor profile, it makes up for in quick-acting cerebral effects. I became more of my surroundings; I had an almost immediate uplift in mood and an energy and focus that can applied to tasks like cleaning or more complex problem-solving processes. White Widow can also be creatively valuable, inducing a kind of rapid-fire thought association that can open up some previously unexplored territory.

Psychedelic effects like visual distortion and increased perception can amplify the impact of music or art, while a very mild body buzz mellows users out. Because of its deeply cerebral effects, this strain is typically more psychologically than physically helpful.

It can aid those with attention deficit disorders in sustaining focus on a single topic. It can also boost energy in cases of fatigue or depression. Some users have even described White Widow as efficient in relieving migraines.

Because of its potency, the introspective mind-race associated with White Widow can sometimes veer into paranoia, and smokers may want to plan dosage accordingly.

Those who regularly consume White Widow marijuana have described its aroma as ‘skunky pungent,’ with a sophisticated hint of hempy spice and exotic equatorial berry. In fact, the aroma of White Widow marijuana is so dynamic that most any stoner could probably sense its presence within a range of about 300 square yards.

With this in mind, if you are planning on consuming White Widow with discretion, this is probably not the strain to experiment with – unless you take extra preventative measures to keep the stinky scent under wraps (smoke outside, eat an edible, use air filters, or spritz a scented air spray to help kill the smell).

Some White Widow express a particularly fruity or spicy taste, feeling as if you have just bitten into a ripe peach or juicy apple, mixed in with spice like nutmeg or cinnamon.

Appearance-wise, White Widow weed is laden with frosty, bright crystals that glisten and gleam the minute any source of light hits the nuggets. Underneath that snow-covered first blanketed layer, however, glimpses can be seen of fat sage-green buds stacked up together in tall colas, ready to be cut apart and trimmed down.

Growing and using light manipulation in late flower.

White Widow Strain Review: Grow Info.
White Widow is a hearty ‘survivor strain,’ which makes it a suitable option for any individual who has at least some experience with growing cannabis — even if this experience is sparse.

White Widow weed is fairly resistant to molds, bugs, and even colder climates, which is why – when cultivated properly – it can grow successfully without too much fuss (as long as the basic conditions and needs of the strain are being met).

White Widow was originally bred to be grown indoors, but those who are blessed with sunny climates may successfully cultivate the frosty strain outdoors.

White Widow’s flowering period is around 8 weeks, but it can usually be grown for two more weeks in order to obtain the snow-capped frosty look that is so often attached to this strain.

If you are choosing to extend the flowering process to 10 weeks instead of 8, however, it is vital to induce a bit of stress into your girls by shortening your light cycle from 12 hours daily down to 8 hours. This will keep anything drastic from happening to your plants during the two extra weeks and will generate plenty of accumulated frost so you can get the appearance you desire from your crops.

Tok..

Thanks for stopping by @Jon , @spab1311 and @CaptainLucky
This is not a finished review, but

Review for White Widow

White Widow gets its name from the fact that it is literally blanketed in white crystals. Beware though, this sweet sugary smoke starts out light but expands dramatically which can lead to heavy coughing; especially if you're a novice smoker. When it comes to smell, you can expect a citrus and peppery scent that is accompanied by a lemony aftertaste.

Buds of White Widow are chunky and somewhat conical and tapered. The bud structure of the flowers is more sativa than Indica, with a loose and fluffy texture that can be broken up somewhat easily despite its stickiness. The leaves are spring green with few visible pistils.

When grown successfully, buds are entirely covered in long-stalked trichomes, lending the whitish-gray appearance that gives the strain its memorable name. White Widow is known for having a stinging, ammonia-like scent with some hints of earthy pine. Breaking buds open gives off a more hash, or incense-like odor. The smooth smoke tastes similarly earthy — cannabis consumers accustomed to fruity or tasty crossbreeds may be disappointed by White Widow’s relative lack of flavor.

That said, White Widow is especially pungent when combusted, so smokers worried about discretion should plan accordingly.

Manufacturer Seedsman

Genetics Indian/Brazilian

Variety Indica / Sativa

Other Features Classic, Mold Resistant, Great for Beginners, Insect Resistant, Award Winning, Dense Buds

Flowering Type Photoperiod

Sex Feminized

THC Content Very High (over 20%)

CBD Content Unknown

Yield Medium, High

Yield 800g/m2 indoor, 900g/plant outdoor

Grows Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors

Max Flowering Time 8 weeks

Flowering Time 8 Weeks

Harvest Month End of October

Medical Conditions Pain, Stress

Taste / Flavor Earthy, Fruity

Effect Cerebral, Couch Lock, Creative, Euphoric, Sleepy, Soothing, Uplifting

Sativa Dominant Hybrid Strain Sativa Dominant Hybrid - 60% Sativa / 40% Indica

THC: 18% - 25%, CBD: 1%, CBN: 1%

Effects:

Creative, Energizing, Euphoria, Happy, Uplifting

May Relieve

Bipolar Disorder, Chronic Pain, Depression, Fatigue, Headaches, Migraines, Muscle Spasms, PTSD

Flavors

Dank, Pine, Spicy, Sweet, Woody Aromas

Dank, Earthy, Pungent, Spicy

What this strain lacks in flavor profile, it makes up for in quick-acting cerebral effects. I became more of my surroundings; I had an almost immediate uplift in mood and an energy and focus that can applied to tasks like cleaning or more complex problem-solving processes. White Widow can also be creatively valuable, inducing a kind of rapid-fire thought association that can open up some previously unexplored territory.

Psychedelic effects like visual distortion and increased perception can amplify the impact of music or art, while a very mild body buzz mellows users out. Because of its deeply cerebral effects, this strain is typically more psychologically than physically helpful.

It can aid those with attention deficit disorders in sustaining focus on a single topic. It can also boost energy in cases of fatigue or depression. Some users have even described White Widow as efficient in relieving migraines.

Because of its potency, the introspective mind-race associated with White Widow can sometimes veer into paranoia, and smokers may want to plan dosage accordingly.

Those who regularly consume White Widow marijuana have described its aroma as ‘skunky pungent,’ with a sophisticated hint of hempy spice and exotic equatorial berry. In fact, the aroma of White Widow marijuana is so dynamic that most any stoner could probably sense its presence within a range of about 300 square yards.

With this in mind, if you are planning on consuming White Widow with discretion, this is probably not the strain to experiment with – unless you take extra preventative measures to keep the stinky scent under wraps (smoke outside, eat an edible, use air filters, or spritz a scented air spray to help kill the smell).

Some White Widow express a particularly fruity or spicy taste, feeling as if you have just bitten into a ripe peach or juicy apple, mixed in with spice like nutmeg or cinnamon.

Appearance-wise, White Widow weed is laden with frosty, bright crystals that glisten and gleam the minute any source of light hits the nuggets. Underneath that snow-covered first blanketed layer, however, glimpses can be seen of fat sage-green buds stacked up together in tall colas, ready to be cut apart and trimmed down.

Growing and using light manipulation in late flower.

White Widow Strain Review: Grow Info.
White Widow is a hearty ‘survivor strain,’ which makes it a suitable option for any individual who has at least some experience with growing cannabis — even if this experience is sparse.

White Widow weed is fairly resistant to molds, bugs, and even colder climates, which is why – when cultivated properly – it can grow successfully without too much fuss (as long as the basic conditions and needs of the strain are being met).

White Widow was originally bred to be grown indoors, but those who are blessed with sunny climates may successfully cultivate the frosty strain outdoors.

White Widow’s flowering period is around 8 weeks, but it can usually be grown for two more weeks in order to obtain the snow-capped frosty look that is so often attached to this strain.

If you are choosing to extend the flowering process to 10 weeks instead of 8, however, it is vital to induce a bit of stress into your girls by shortening your light cycle from 12 hours daily down to 8 hours. This will keep anything drastic from happening to your plants during the two extra weeks and will generate plenty of accumulated frost so you can get the appearance you desire from your crops.

Tok..
Wow! Astonishing review! Extremely thorough and extremely well written. Bravo. Having just grown it and now again, I would agree with almost everything you said. I would describe the smell of a cured jar as a bit flowery/perfume-y. Plus what you said. Also very much agree about the psychedelic side of this bud. It’s awesome to play music on. Thanks, great work.

Wow! Astonishing review! Extremely thorough and extremely well written. Bravo. Having just grown it and now again, I would agree with almost everything you said. I would describe the smell of a cured jar as a bit flowery/perfume-y. Plus what you said. Also very much agree about the psychedelic side of this bud. It’s awesome to play music on. Thanks, great work.
You should retitle this post and put it also in the Strain Review section.

Thanks for stopping by @Jon

I am still grow WW in water, so when she is finished and White I will post the review.
To get a WW to turn white is not hard, I just haven't seen a review with WW in all her glory.

More on this coming soon.
Tok..
Hell mine was glorious. Only reason I didn’t review it is cuz so many have and so many grow it. Yeah, it gets real white. The kief is amazing. Blonde hash material. Here’s me now smoking a bong hit of White Widow with a generous topping of White Widow kief…

C922B1AE-CE02-432D-83E8-408C12F8AF2D.jpeg

BA998838-6798-422F-9271-60A31D4E6A7E.jpeg

FB3998A0-F7DC-4245-B21A-2907B638C2CC.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by @Jon

I am still grow WW in water, so when she is finished and White I will post the review.
To get a WW to turn white is not hard, I just haven't seen a review with WW in all her glory.

More on this coming soon.
Tok..
Looking forward to more info about this as my WW is starting week seven today.

Very nice, I hope mind turns out that well.

I like your kief container, and you are right the kief is amazing.

I may take a break from doing journals for a while; I just don't get the traffic to document another grow at this time.
Tok..
Keep doing your thing mate.
Document your grow for yourself dont fall into that trap "how many views"
Your good at what you do and passing on your knowledge and helping welcome
People does not go missed by me anyway and the forum.
Now if its to time consuming and you need the real world thats a different matter.
Look after yourself mate i dont speak much but your comment made me feel the need to.
:thumb:

I may take a break from doing journals for a while; I just don't get the traffic to document another grow at this time.
Tok..
@Tokin Roll I'm sure there are many more like me that enjoy following your grows but just don't have much to say ;)

My last grow journal also didn't have much in the way of interaction but it received thousands of views.

That alone is worth it, just passing the knowledge/experience on...

Cheers

Tok..
just getting into aswell @Tokin Roll an yeah your journals always so detailed and been a huge to help to me and its been great following along,,,,but yeah seems like Im getting the hang of the basics now,,,thanks to you an @LKABudMan with all your input an advice,,,,an yeah I wish all the best my friend an yeah you derserve a break from those journals it does take abit time, esp all those details,,,so all the best an have a great wkend my friend and I will do my best to keep things growing an keep on top of things an see whats achieveable with grow but its looking good for me so far,,,going to flip to flower tomoz,,,took out clones now a put into my veg box I made and hopefully it should do the job,,,,but i will keep you informed on how goes and will keep to a similar schedule as you guys did,,,happy growing an all the best an thanks for all the advice

Tok..
I hear you Tok - believe me, I’m thankful for the six or seven people who stop by mine. Lmao. You’d think with what, 133K members or so we’d have more journal traffic. It can be disappointing at times. I am documenting my grow if for no other reason than so I have a record of it. But I hear you.

Back
Top Bottom