Acapulco Gold, Hydro, By Gwhunran 2023

Thanks. They have really been easy so far.
They are taking the nutrient load well. I had some concerns since they are drinking a lot heavier when the RH in the grow area is kept low. I didn't have a de-humidifier until late in last years grows. So, my reasoning goes that before, the rooms humidity was a lot higher and the plants drank less so a higher nutrient load would have less effect than thirsty plants drinking the same high nutrient load. I do have a bit of tip burn on the leaves but I think I always do. :rolleyes:

Hey Cap'n. Barney's Farm says. 60-70 days. So, if they mean since they started showing, that puts them at 76 days at the longest. I started seeing signs of sex at 6 days after flip.
I would love to have a whole grow of Colombian Gold, that smelled and tasted like a bag of Colombian I got about 1976. I remember the smell and taste but not much about the buzz other than it was way better than the average weed we got.
Same time we started seeing Colombian Gold was 76 . Definitely remember the taste because when you woke the next morning still had the taste in your mouth. It didn’t fade away till Reagan started paraquat in Georgia.

West, it's funny how we can remember the taste and smell of something from so long ago. I think Carter was in the WH when the paraquat thing started. 1976-1980. I probably smoked a lot of tainted weed :rolleyes: . And I'm pretty sure the growers and smugglers never washed their weed.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:

Acapulco Gold
Day 41 since flip.

The grow area is running normally.

I am still topping up the reservoir during each of the bi-daily checks. The AG's ph is dropping more between checks. A little PH up is being used to fine tune the reservoir PH to keep it almost right at 5-8-6.0. Want these budding plants to get all the nutrients they need.

The CO2 bucket is still bubbling.

The plants are still looking healthy to me.

AG Day 41 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 41 flower.

AG Day 41 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 41 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 41 Flower (5).JPG

AG Day 41 Flower (6).JPG

AG Day 41 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 42 since flip.

Still topping up the reservoir with tap water and PHing during each of the bi-daily checks. The PH is dropping a little more at the moment.

I'm noticing a little more frosting as the plants are entering their biggest two weeks of bud building. IMO
Most of my previous grows, starting in the 40s to mid 50s days, was when they showed what they could do. The exception being Panama, it kinda flowered slowly for a long time.

AG Day 42 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 42 flower.

AG Day 42 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 42 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 42 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 42 Flower (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 43 since flip.

The buds are continuing to build and the plants seem healthy.

The CO2 bucket is slowing down. Tomorrow will be one week.

The different phenos have different looking buds for sure. No problem. More variety.

AG Day 43 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 43 flower.

AG Day 43 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 43 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 43 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 43 flower. Mostly the pheno on the right. Shorter denser.

AG Day 43 Flower (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 43 flower. Mostly the pheno on the left. Tall more Sativa looking.

AG Day 43 Flower (6).JPG

AG Day 43 Flower (6)1.jpg

Acapulco Gold, Day 43 flower. More tric development than last close-up.

Acapulco Gold
Day 44 since flip.

I am working on my water supply again. I had to replace a section and found other leaks. Got to make another run to the store, to finish repairs. I just waste a little water when it's turned on. So it leaks for about 20 minutes twice a day.

The plants continue to look healthy and drink heavily, unlike the Fuel D.OG next door. I think I will move the CO2 bucket from next door to the AG area as it's bucket is about to finish. I don't think the CO2 does much good when the plants not growing hard and on their way to the finish line.

These plants are really a sight to behold. Just a spread of nice fattening flowers.

AG Day 44 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 44 flower.

AG Day 44 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 44 flower. A little closer and higher.

AG Day 44 Flower (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 44 flower. Right side. More compact flowered pheno.

AG Day 44 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 44 flower. Left side. More stretchy Mexican Sativa pheno.

AG Day 44 Flower (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 44 flower. Front and right.

AG Day 44 Flower (6).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 44 flower. Front and left.

Acapulco Gold
Day 42 since flip.

Still topping up the reservoir with tap water and PHing during each of the bi-daily checks. The PH is dropping a little more at the moment.

I'm noticing a little more frosting as the plants are entering their biggest two weeks of bud building. IMO
Most of my previous grows, starting in the 40s to mid 50s days, was when they showed what they could do. The exception being Panama, it kinda flowered slowly for a long time.

AG Day 42 Flower (1).JPG

AG Day 42 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 42 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 42 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 42 Flower (5).JPG

Bulking up nicely 👍, looks like it’s going to be a good harvest. CL🍀 :thumb: :circle-of-love::popcorn:

Acapulco Gold
Day 45 since flip.

The grow room is running normally and the water line repairs have been 99% completed. I am going to replace the shut off to the deep sink water supply.

The plants are still looking good. The buds are developing at about the pace I'm used to at day 45. No sign of let up. Still drinking heavily.

I switched the CO2 bucket from the Fuel D.OG as it was fresher. Once the bucket in the FDOG finishes, no more CO2 for it.

AG Day 45 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold. Day 45 flower.

AG Day 45 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 45 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 45 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold. Day 45 flower. Left side.

AG Day 45 Flower (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold. Day 45 flower. Right side.

Acapulco Gold
Day 46 since flip.

The plants are looking healthy and the buds are continuing to develop nicely. There should be quite a few big colas here by the time they finish. Kind of a spicy smell at the moment. It's hard to tell as the Fuel D.OG next door is more pungent but pleasant and should be very resinous.

AG Day 46 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 46 flower.

AG Day 46 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 46 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 46 Flower (5).JPG

AG Day 46 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold
Day 47 since flip.

The flowers are continuing to build and trich up more as expected for this stage.

Reservoir change soon.

AG Day 47 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 47 flower.

AG Day 47 Flower (2).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 47 flower. Left side.

AG Day 47 Flower (3).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 47 flower. Right side.

AG Day 47 Flower (4).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 47 flower. Zoomed in on back two stalks on right. Lovely buds.

AG Day 47 Flower (5).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 47 flower. Bunch of big stalks on back left.

Acapulco Gold
Day 48 since flip.

The AC was turned on in the Acapulco Gold room and the AC in the Fuel D.OG room was turned off. The reason for the change, the overhead fan in the AG room has expired. There is still a 20inch box fan blowing over them from the front.

The reservoir was changed today. The recommended amounts of GH three part liquid nutes for 17 gallons in Late Bloom. 40ml CalMag+ was added and the res. was PHed to 5.5-6.0. During the afternoon check, the PH was still in range.

The plants are looking good and the buds are on track.

AG Day 48 Flower (1).JPG

Acapulco Gold, Day 48 flower.

AG Day 48 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 48 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 48 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 48 Flower (5).JPG

AG Day 48 Flower (6).JPG

If I was betting, the Acapulco Gold will go 70 days or more. I'm hoping to get to 60 on the Fuel D.OG :oops:
I’d been looking for the harvest chart on trichomes . I usually stop before Amber at 90% mostly trichs for the psycho part the women like it . I took my first run of AG to 70 days with heavy Amber and the second to 63 days , I like the lighter Amber at 63 . I picked up 8 jars with different harvest dates . I’ve been testing it on the women and still so far 53 days (90%) for the Candy Kush for the win . After all the test are done I’ll post what they like the best .

Okay West. I'll start making the effort to get some close up pics in good focus that can be zoomed in on to get some idea of trich development. Starting in the 50s. For most strains, I'm not even looking too close until the plants/buds start looking "done." I may be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if the AG doesn't look done until day 70 or later. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Acapulco Gold
Day 48 since flip.

The AC was turned on in the Acapulco Gold room and the AC in the Fuel D.OG room was turned off. The reason for the change, the overhead fan in the AG room has expired. There is still a 20inch box fan blowing over them from the front.

The reservoir was changed today. The recommended amounts of GH three part liquid nutes for 17 gallons in Late Bloom. 40ml CalMag+ was added and the res. was PHed to 5.5-6.0. During the afternoon check, the PH was still in range.

The plants are looking good and the buds are on track.

AG Day 48 Flower (1).JPG

AG Day 48 Flower (2).JPG

AG Day 48 Flower (3).JPG

AG Day 48 Flower (4).JPG

AG Day 48 Flower (5).JPG

AG Day 48 Flower (6).JPG