Aerocurrent/Advanced LED - CH9 Jack Fem - Double Scrog

Good discussion here guys! It is fun to hear all the techniques people use. For me, in the first 2 weeks, when a top is poking out of the screen, I pull it under and let it go to the next square. But as you can see from my pictures above, I don't have room to do that on this grow. Here is a cross cut of what it looks like during harvest. The super cropping is circled with red. This was by accident. If the plant is too wet, branches tend to super crop (kink) if you go to quickly.

This is nirvana's AK48. Great strain:
harvest52.jpg

In my previous picture above, that strain is Serious Bubblegum. So far, the strain is unstoppable! NICE THICK branches, grows vigorously, and honestly I have not babied this strain at all. It is very easy to grow so far. This is my first run of it. From what I have read, Simon (I think he name is) purposely tries to hermie his genetics, and if they do, they don't make the breeding cut. Impressive.

Ronnie, a couple last questions for you.

On the plant that grew pollen sacks, had you flowered this one before with no tendencies to produce pollen sacks? I guess my question is, do you think the pollen sacks were directly related to the stress of super cropping?

I can't remember if I asked you this before, but do you have a picture that shows how you keep roots out of your drain in your system?

Hey Capn thanks for all the great info, no I haven't done any strain more than once yet so it was my first run with the strain, but I do feel the massive supercropping in early flower was the cause for the hermies.
as for how I keep the roots from clogging the drain lines, I used 2" pvc pipes for the system , so even though some roots grow into the pipes its never enough to clog or slow the flow. also the ends of the pvc pipes for the return lines are cut in 45 degree angle to keep roots from blocking end.
IMG_17137.JPG

IMG_17146.JPG

If you're not strain hunting, you're missing out, man. But I know you don't have a separate veg room, so it makes it difficult. I'm about to create a new "how to" on strain hunting. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the pictures. The superoots airpot root blocker is working great. I'm going to perfect it in my next system and I'll send you a link when I get it done.

Looking forward to seeing your grow mature. TTYS.

If you're not strain hunting, you're missing out, man. But I know you don't have a separate veg room, so it makes it difficult. I'm about to create a new "how to" on strain hunting. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the pictures. The superoots airpot root blocker is working great. I'm going to perfect it in my next system and I'll send you a link when I get it done.

Looking forward to seeing your grow mature. TTYS.

thanks again for all the great info , I look forward to all your new projects :)

Wazzup, Mobudds,
In private tests I continued to tie my stretching ladies down till the end of stretch,
Results more uniform budd size from top to bottom,,err across the screen...............:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:peace:
Sweet thanks that's exactly what I did pulled them down last night at lights on by lights off you couldn't even tell I did

Hey Ronnie!

Great looking plants you have there! Really bushy and strong looking! Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

I'm currently on my first grow and I've just built and fitted my SCrog screen using PVC pipe and string too. I think I have done it right lol, the plants are really short and bushy though so I'm just hoping they grow out a bit and start to fill the screen.

Great work on your grows, i'll be looking through you other Journals, see if i can learn something :)

Hey Ronnie!

Great looking plants you have there! Really bushy and strong looking! Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

I'm currently on my first grow and I've just built and fitted my SCrog screen using PVC pipe and string too. I think I have done it right lol, the plants are really short and bushy though so I'm just hoping they grow out a bit and start to fill the screen.

Great work on your grows, i'll be looking through you other Journals, see if i can learn something :)

Thanks Googlegenie , I'm sure you'll find the journals here at :420: great learning tools :)
:welcome:

Great setup! Subbed :thumb:

Welcome SmokeyMcfly , thanks for stopping by :)

day 18 since flip

ppms 630 ph 5.8

the girls received their final dose of DM reverse today. still not enriching co2.

heres a shot without the custom white balance

DSCF04823.JPG

DSCF04834.JPG

DSCF04842.JPG

DSCF04851.JPG

DSCF04862.JPG

DSCF04872.JPG

DSCF04882.JPG

DSCF04902.JPG

DSCF04913.JPG

DSCF04933.JPG

DSCF04943.JPG