African Sun And Indoor Gardening: Pushing My Own Boundaries

beautiful cheese! can't wait to see her all trimmed up. Where'd you get the UK cheese seeds?

It's actually a Buddha Cheese. Got the seeds from my Son in law's smoke. Had two males and two females. Culled the males.
Now to the early risers.
I awoke this morning to find Mr @Smeegol up even earlier than i was. After some coffee and sharing I noticed the light starting to creep into the sky so I took some pics. The turtle doves crooned in the background and the call of a jackal came floating on the early morning breeze. The smell of the earth, fresh with morning dew, was in the air. Standing next to my greenhouse I took these pics as the sweet perfume of Blueberry and Buddha cheese joined the earthy morning fragrance.
one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

four.jpg

five.jpg

My African sunrise. 27 April

The smell of the greenhouse soon got me in to have a look at how the girls are all doing.
So I decided to share them like this!!! ( Just give them time to get back to the first pic of the repeat )
Blueberries Four and Straight up.gif

Blueberries from Straight up to Number One.gif

Pan from One to New Buddha.gif

New Buddha Cheese.gif

Tortured Gertie.gif

I hope you enjoy.
Nou gaan ek braai! ( Now it's time to barbecue )

Now that's priceless. The early bird catches the worm! :Namaste:
Beautiful plants there Mr Strain, pushing flowers nicely.

I got back from sleeping over after the Braai yesterday and decided to get on with the Buddha cheese harvest and found a little mold had got on some of the buds. I guess the plant was still to wet from the rains we have had.
I took her out and washed all the buds and took a proper look. It seems I got to her just in time as when I left yesterday there was no sign of this mold.
There is some I will have to cut out but on the whole I'm happy.
Buddha cheese washed and hanging
Buddha cheese hanging after wash.jpg

Main cola
Main Cola Buddha cheese.jpg

Drying after wash. I will give a wet weight in the morning.
On the coast where I am I dry for about 10 days before starting cure

I thought I would get a bit more off the Buddha Cheese but after the trim and clean out of some yukkie stuff I got...
Wet weight Buddha.jpg

I guess I will get about 30g odd after drying. Not much but for my wife it's enough.
Busy drying with some sugar leaf trim which I did not weigh.
Buddha drying.jpg

I want to try press some rosin from the trim..We shall see.
How dry does it have to be for pressing?

The next Plant for harvest is coming up soon. Blueberry Four.
Blueberry Four getting close.jpg

looking good but also a small plant

Blueberry One is starting to fill out a bit
Blueberry One.jpg

And Gertie is stretching with some LST liking her new home.
Gertie growing and LST.jpg

A little closer
Closer Gertie LST.jpg

:cool: :cheesygrinsmiley: :headbanger: Oh the foot again

Thanks FoNz,
Are you talking about the shot where you can see the cloth or the one where you can't?
It was the first one in your post where you can see the weave of the cloth you shot through.

Early morning 2May.
An update on the greenhouse plants staring with the newest plants in flower
Gertie with restraints
Gertie and her restraints.jpg

And the first plant I ever tortured
The Ex tortured plant.jpg

Ex tortured plant top.jpg

Then the second Buddha Cheese which to date looks like my best plant so far
Main cola
Buddha cheese #2 main cola.jpg

Top Bud
Buddha cheese #2 top flower.jpg

These were all added to the greenhouse after the harvested Buddha cheese and Blueberries one-four

:green_heart:

The rest of the Blueberry Kush plants. Starting with the plant closest to harvest
Blueberry #Four
Four front view.jpg

Some top view close ups
Four top view.jpg

Four top view (3).jpg

And Blueberry #One
One front view.jpg

#One top view
One top view.jpg

Blueberry #Two.
Just one cola
Two front view.jpg

#Two from the top
Two top view.jpg

So all the plants in the greenhouse are in flower with Gertie the late Blueberry Kush, just starting.
We are moving into our winter so I just keep moving plants from my grow cupboard out to the greenhouse as they start to show some signs of wanting to bloom

Some news on the grow cupboard.
My cheap Chinese fan just stopped turning after a week and a half. So my air exchange is minimal, I have had to leave the door slightly ajar in order for the other fan to draw some fresh air.
The Stiched kush and Cali orange are going painfully slow. In fact the Stiched kush has started to show flowers. 2 male and two female. I have put the two males in with my clones from the straight up blueberry kush. ( which looks like a sativa more than indica. ) So perhaps it will give me an interesting cross.
I have a band gig on today again. We are trying some new songs today. Neil Young's: " Rockin in a free world "is one.
I will try to get some pics up when the wife surfaces
:Namaste:

Hey @Strainyourbrain! The plants are looking great in the greenhouse. I'll be doing a Blueberry run very soon.

Morning brother apologies for not being round in a while but busy more than usual and not used to it as thrown me off my routines having a extra set of hands to think for now...

Beautiful harvest and updates brother, I reckon another 2-3 days on your Buddha and a taster will blow you away....haha
Blueberry is def on the cards for this year as its a good strain for pain but also GDP and 1-2 others pain associated.

I trust the new kids are doing fine and doing better than last as they were looking overwatered if I remember correctly...?

Your tunnels did you put them up yourself or were they pre-existing structures as Im looking into putting up a greenhouse tunnel this summer if all goes well... :snowboating:

Brother hope it's a blessed week for you and yours and regards to the missus and hope she's doing well.

Your tunnels did you put them up yourself or were they pre-existing structures as Im looking into putting up a greenhouse tunnel this summer if all goes well... :snowboating:
Morning Smeegs.
The tunnels in my sunrise pics are the tomato tunnels on the farm. they are not mine. I just have my little greenhouse.
I know what it's like having to organize for others to have work every day. your own pace of doing things has to change but it is helpful for heavier tasks and sometimes ends up giving a bit more free time.
Hey @Strainyourbrain! The plants are looking great in the greenhouse. I'll be doing a Blueberry run very soon.
Morning irie lion.
I am looking forward to the start of the blueberry harvesting. I have given the final soak of rain water to flush the first plant for harvest and will probably cut it on Saturday. The Buddha cheese is dry and tied up in a jiffy bag in the fridge, starting to cure.
Have a good day all. Busy with two Built in cupboards. So it's of to the grindstone again today.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom