Alaskan1's Flo n Gro Mixed Bag Grow

Ran into a road block while testing the lights tonight...tent and the room was getting WAY too hot. Tent temp got to 92 degrees. I wasn't a happy camper. I know what is happening, the hot air is curently being sent out and through a filter and exhaust/cooling fan and goes right back into the room and the intake air is just as hot as what comes out.
I need to vent this hot air into the attic. Looks like it's home depot for a attic vent and more 6 in hose. Hopefully if I vent the tents hot air into the attic this will solve my heating issue. Any thoughts anyone??????
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ran into a road block while testing the lights tonight...tent and the room was getting WAY too hot. Tent temp got to 92 degrees. I wasn't a happy camper. I know what is happening, the hot air is curently being sent out and through a filter and exhaust/cooling fan and goes right back into the room and the intake air is just as hot as what comes out.
I need to vent this hot air into the attic. Looks like it's home depot for a attic vent and more 6 in hose. Hopefully if I vent the tents hot air into the attic this will solve my heating issue. Any thoughts anyone??????

Thanks!

Go LED and not worry about heat?

Thanks!

How hot is the ambient temperature in the space they are in again? I ask, because you must realize what your "best outcome" is and make sure that it is kosher. For example, if your ambient temp is 72f, don't expect that you'll ever be able to get the temperature in the tent below... maybe 78f (using HID lights and a decent fan/filter). In other words, you'll never get to 72f, so there is a number 5-10 degrees over that you'll be shooting for. Make sure you can live with that number. I like to be between 75-80f in the tent. My temp is about 68-70f ambient outside the tent.

If you can, the way to achieve it is to make sure you are not venting into the space that you are pulling your intake from. Sounds like you have that happening, and it won't work. You'll need to vent your air into an unconnected space for best results. Venting into attic is probably okay, as long as it's not a situation where you could create ice dams in the winter. I don't vent into attic, though, but I think others do and it should be fine.

If your best case temp scenario is still too high, you'll need to consider air conditioning, or somehow reducing the ambient temperature of the space your tents are in.

Ventilation and temp issues suck. I feel for you - you'll get it going though, I'm sure.

How hot is the ambient temperature in the space they are in again? I ask, because you must realize what your "best outcome" is and make sure that it is kosher. For example, if your ambient temp is 72f, don't expect that you'll ever be able to get the temperature in the tent below... maybe 78f (using HID lights and a decent fan/filter). In other words, you'll never get to 72f, so there is a number 5-10 degrees over that you'll be shooting for. Make sure you can live with that number. I like to be between 75-80f in the tent. My temp is about 68-70f ambient outside the tent.

If you can, the way to achieve it is to make sure you are not venting into the space that you are pulling your intake from. Sounds like you have that happening, and it won't work. You'll need to vent your air into an unconnected space for best results. Venting into attic is probably okay, as long as it's not a situation where you could create ice dams in the winter. I don't vent into attic, though, but I think others do and it should be fine.

If your best case temp scenario is still too high, you'll need to consider air conditioning, or somehow reducing the ambient temperature of the space your tents are in.

Ventilation and temp issues suck. I feel for you - you'll get it going though, I'm sure.

Ambient temp in the room hovers between 70 to 72.

The only place I can vent to is the attic. So I know what I have to do there. I will be adding an air conditioner to the room but that won't be for a couple of months.

I am about to run wiring myself its a pain but right now I have to run an extension cord into my grow room to power one of my lights and thats just not ok, hard to explain powercords running through the house. Really like what u got going on here. Couple tips/ideas wrap your res in a hot water heater blanket and use frozen 2 liters to keep it cool works better then nothing and if u get a chiller it will also help keep the water cooler and make the chiller not have to work so hard. I see you are growing a lot of strains becareful putting to many different strains hook to one res it will be hard to maintain the different stains nute needs. Or try to get all heavy/light feeders together. If it helps any My ladies (12 of them) 2 weeks into flowering drink about 3 to 5 gallons of water a day hope that helps u figure out what size res to work with

Thanks!

OHH NOOO. i hate heat issues. I have a buddy who just upgraded from 1000 watts to 2000 also. hes got them over 20 plants and his temp went from an average of 75 with 1k watts all the way to 84-87 degrees with the 2k. its amazing how much heat they put off. i can imaging how it feels walking into your grow room right now.

just curious since were both from the same parts, whats your average humidity at? mine wont budge from 20%

Ok, so I have been slaving away all afternoon and night/morning in my grow room, have the tent now vented to the attic. Temps did go down some but still not enough. Before I did the revisions you could feel the heat even before you got into the grow room. Now you can hardly notice it. I can feel air leaking out of the lights where the glass fits to the housing. Tomorrow I'll seal that up with some foam I have. Room temp now 75 and tent temp was 85. So until I can afford an air conditioner for the room next month I opened the window to the room and have a fan bringing in cold air. Temp in the room dropped to 68 and waiting to see where the tent ends up. Last I looked it was at 81. Hope this solves it.

I'll have pics to post tomorrow of what I did and get the flo n gro in the tent if everything pans out.

Have a great morning everyone........I'll be busy sleeping lol

Ok, so I have been slaving away all afternoon and night/morning in my grow room, have the tent now vented to the attic. Temps did go down some but still not enough. Before I did the revisions you could feel the heat even before you got into the grow room. Now you can hardly notice it. I can feel air leaking out of the lights where the glass fits to the housing. Tomorrow I'll seal that up with some foam I have. Room temp now 75 and tent temp was 85. So until I can afford an air conditioner for the room next month I opened the window to the room and have a fan bringing in cold air. Temp in the room dropped to 68 and waiting to see where the tent ends up. Last I looked it was at 81. Hope this solves it.

I'll have pics to post tomorrow of what I did and get the flo n gro in the tent if everything pans out.

Have a great morning everyone........I'll be busy sleeping lol

man...40% humidity and only 25-30 miles from me. yours is double my humidity lol.

GLAD to hear you got your heat problem under control. and you were up till 4 am working on it sicne your post came in at that time with the update. congrate on fixing your grow room buddy. im glad you got those temps down. :goodjob:

Hey Alaskan, is your fan sucking from the lights and blowing to the attic? You probably need a small fan just to vent the heat from the upper area of the tent, or put the intake for the lights up high to get the heat from the tent, thru the lights, to the attic. The intakes near the floor will be coolest.

Thanks Chief, was up till 6am working on this stuff. Got a lot accomplished though while everyone was asleep and not buggin the shit out of me. I'm finishing the last few details in the tent and then the Flo n Gro is going in. I will have a few test runs tonight hopefully. Having to install the attic vents set me back a day dammit!

shit had one hell of a time installing that exhaust it sounds like. glad you got it done man that 90 degrees was a bummer to hear about. did you get rid of that other tent already?

Hey Alaskan, is your fan sucking from the lights and blowing to the attic? You probably need a small fan just to vent the heat from the upper area of the tent, or put the intake for the lights up high to get the heat from the tent, thru the lights, to the attic. The intakes near the floor will be coolest.

Hey OG,

I have the carbon filter zip tied to the top back rail of the tent, the fan is sucking air through that and then pushing the air through the lights and then back out the top where I have duct to the attic. Nothing is low except for the fans to circulate air.

shit had one hell of a time installing that exhaust it sounds like. glad you got it done man that 90 degrees was a bummer to hear about. did you get rid of that other tent already?

I had to take everything down and out inside the tent and then reinstall it differently. My setup was backwards for it to duct to the attic.

Nope, wife and I talked, we are saving the tent for you till the weekend. I told her friends have to help friends. :)

These are the pictures of my reconfigured tent set up

IMG_016714.JPG

IMG_016917.JPG

IMG_016811.JPG

Got a few other things I'm going to do like hang the fans from the tent so I don't take up floor space.

Working on setting up the Flo n Gro today. Just got back from Lowe's for the last of the things I need to get this ball rolling. Shit, everytime I think I'm close I have to do something else or I need to run to the store to get something. I think I should get frequent buyer miles from Lowe's and Home Depot.

4x8 tent?

what brand and how much was it?

Looks good, hows the light tight?

Yes Bass, that's a 4x8 tent. I got it off fleabay for 190 shipped! Pretty nice setup. I can give you the link in a PM if ya like. You can see some light coming out of the tent through the zippers but it's not bad. Won't affect the grow at all.

Lights are very nice but they weren't air tight. Had to use some duct tape to get them air tight.

Back
Top Bottom