Alien Hydroponic EasyFeed System

Been awhile since last visit with a few pages of good stuff to gander over :surf:

Indeed an impressive yield on the last harvest that was an average off 7 oz per plant, i've only done that once but with a mother plant flowered out... ye working on it.

Good to see the easy feed system set up as well i'd like to see how that pans out over time but some tweaking to do here 'n' their ah.

Ye i've been wondering on how you achieve 3 to 4 weeks of veg from germination to get a good sized plant but some where over the last couple pages it all clicked... basically bigger bulbs higher par, umol etc ya know the rest to provide suitable light energy for good growth rates + yield.

I'd best scrap my ol trusty 125 w cfl for germination/veg & the 8 long weeks to flip...

Learning from ya bud :thumb:

yeah mate, more light = faster growth for sure and good air exchange, without those 2 you will never get rapid growth. CFL's are good if you need a slower veg, maybe if you have a veg space seperate from flower and you want to keep a plant in stasis. I have to do that sometimes with clones, i will pot them into small pots and leave them under a cfl for a couple weeks while i wait for space to veg, plants grow slow as hell but they root which is the main thing.

Crack your seeds, give them a few days under the cfl then get them under better light soon as possible. Lots of people try to tell me im wrong on this but I always get big numbers and plants are healthy with short veg times. I must be doing something right, if i dont know by now i never will mate.

Back in the day when i was in Holland everything was started under t5s, it used to take ages for plants to be potted up. granted i was working in a space with multiple rooms and veg/clone stations but even then i thought it could be done faster.

Also soil growing will always be slower, its just the way it is. Soil plants need longer because theirs less o2 in the rootzone, i dont know why but i cant mimic the roots i get in coco or hydro in soil. But ive never been a great soil grower, i dont know why i just cant get away with it. Honestly I think Coco is the best growing medium because it gives you the benefits of hydro with the simplicity of growing. Once you can understand EC and PH you are flying, both of which you should also understand when growing in soil.

We are all constantly learning and improving and never to long in the tooth to learn something new or to tweak techniques, thats what makes growing weed so much fun.

Hey cult have question dont have to answer but I am n the beginning stages of tryna get things going. I am in a area that doesn't favor the cultivation or sales of our great plant. First as far as property what do u think suits best as keeping things as stealth as possible. Or should I say what do u look for? Second what do you think is a good point of beginning amount of light to get the wieght to make it really worth it? U know after all the coin it takes to get this done! I am only asking cause it seems u have vast experience in doing it the stealth mode. From what I read in ur journals which I read all of them even the abandoned ones u r doing things kinda on the manner i would have to do it. Thanks and I hope all is good in ur world!! Oh yea i do have experience growing so am not a total beginner dont think u should try things till u at least understand the plant but I c u have found ways to max out space. Thats what I would need help with understanding. Again 420 should be very glad we have someone like u to help us!!

I'm with ya on get the seeds under the big lights , When they grow in the wild the suns on full from day one

I have been to tight to buy great white for a while lol but a month or so ago I found some mykos I had left so I used that re potting some cuttings and I gotta say they took straight off an saved me at least a weeks worth of veg so ppl Who follow your grows should defiantly listen to you an try some benificials for the root zone

Hey cult have question dont have to answer but I am n the beginning stages of tryna get things going. I am in a area that doesn't favor the cultivation or sales of our great plant. First as far as property what do u think suits best as keeping things as stealth as possible. Or should I say what do u look for? Second what do you think is a good point of beginning amount of light to get the wieght to make it really worth it? U know after all the coin it takes to get this done! I am only asking cause it seems u have vast experience in doing it the stealth mode. From what I read in ur journals which I read all of them even the abandoned ones u r doing things kinda on the manner i would have to do it. Thanks and I hope all is good in ur world!! Oh yea i do have experience growing so am not a total beginner dont think u should try things till u at least understand the plant but I c u have found ways to max out space. Thats what I would need help with understanding. Again 420 should be very glad we have someone like u to help us!!

Its a complex question so i will give a very general answer.

If i was looking for a property just to grow in id be looking at somewhere that isnt likely to get burgled or thats had possible bad tenants in the past. id look for high ceilings and big rooms and something with a good power supply that is safe.

If you can already grow it doesnt matter if its 1 light or 50 lights, growing is growing. It comes down to how much work you want to do and how you can tackle the temps. So for a beginner level id say 10 lights is a good start, 10x600w hps, easy to manage and get consistent results.

properties in suburbia are never good as people are nosey. properties in shit areas are prone to burglaries. So just look for a property that blends in, and without middleclass people around. middleclass areas are hardest to work unless you live in the property and work and lead a normal life but i guess thats not what you are talking about?

Just make sure you have no light leaks or smell leaks as thats the big one no matter where you are. But i guess biggest of all is not telling ANYONE.

Stay safe how ever you do it.

I'm with ya on get the seeds under the big lights , When they grow in the wild the suns on full from day one

I have been to tight to buy great white for a while lol but a month or so ago I found some mykos I had left so I used that re potting some cuttings and I gotta say they took straight off an saved me at least a weeks worth of veg so ppl Who follow your grows should defiantly listen to you an try some benificials for the root zone

cheers mate.

So the plants are 4 days into flower now and have been growing much slower than anticipated. This is because the room has been running at 69-70f lights on. Its rare occassion to have a room run too cold for sure. Anyway ive just added another light, i was going to add 2 but i only had 2 spare ballasts at this property and one of them is blown. So ive put 1 light up and i will get another up through the week when i get a chance to grab another ballast. Its really pushing it with the electric here but i will have to just put my pool pump on less cycles and not use the electric oven. I must get this house renovated.

The pots all have 1 arrow head dripper, i was going to add 2 but theres no need really. They wont block up as im not running any organic nutes and i will hand feed any mycorrhizae to prevent sludgy lines. I was going to go with a 1500litre per hour pump but it was a little too fast for 16 plants so i dropped it to a 500litre per hour. it takes 2mins to feed 1 litre per plant. I have it set on 3 x 2min feeds.

hopefully plants will take off now by bumping temps up, adding more light and 3 small feeds as opposed to 1 big one means super oxygenated roots which is always good :)

Heres a few pics. I will do another vid on saturday evening and upload it on Sun when im in the UK.

20161125_200743.jpg

20161125_200817.jpg

20161125_200751.jpg

20161125_200810.jpg

Hey cult thanks definitely makes sense. M gonna shoot for yten lights. Keep couple vigorous mothers that offer vigorous babies and keep environment dialed in. Gonna try ur recipe for Coco ( exactly where is it listed). Also what kind of grow tents do u like? I remember reading hortibox o believe. Thanks for everything. Oh yea update was great as always keep em green!!

I think changing to a top feed system is a very smart & safe move move. Since you wont be there to inspect daily. I'm attempting to set up a similar system, on a smaller scale ( 4x4) and I was told a 97 gph pump is all I need . This sound right to you ? Seems on the small side to me, but I know nothing, being a newby to hydroponic growing. I'm going all coco coir starting next grow, my veg tent is already in coco. Just by starting clones in coco instead of soil mix, I see much faster growth, after only 5 days !! Grow shop is recommending a nuke especially for coco coir called 'complete', do you know anything about it ? To bad the little pump you're using doesn't have a battery backup !! You sir have mad skills !! Keep it up !!

Hey cult thanks definitely makes sense. M gonna shoot for yten lights. Keep couple vigorous mothers that offer vigorous babies and keep environment dialed in. Gonna try ur recipe for Coco ( exactly where is it listed). Also what kind of grow tents do u like? I remember reading hortibox o believe. Thanks for everything. Oh yea update was great as always keep em green!!

Yeah i have some hortibox tents that are fine. When picking tents make sure they are all metal frames without plastic connectors and good quality mylar. you get what you pay for basically. However if doing rooms its better to build A-framea from wood or metal pipes to hang lights and filters as you will have more usuable space.
I will list the nute mix.

I think changing to a top feed system is a very smart & safe move move. Since you wont be there to inspect daily. I'm attempting to set up a similar system, on a smaller scale ( 4x4) and I was told a 97 gph pump is all I need . This sound right to you ? Seems on the small side to me, but I know nothing, being a newby to hydroponic growing. I'm going all coco coir starting next grow, my veg tent is already in coco. Just by starting clones in coco instead of soil mix, I see much faster growth, after only 5 days !! Grow shop is recommending a nuke especially for coco coir called 'complete', do you know anything about it ? To bad the little pump you're using doesn't have a battery backup !! You sir have mad skills !! Keep it up !!

Good move on switching to coco, its a fabulous growing media once you get the rules of PH, EC and daily feeding in your head. There are faster ways to grow but if I had to pick any way to grow out of the many available id say coco is the best medium for a run to waste set up. Benefits of hydro but a forgiving medium.

Your pump will be fine. On my guess thats around 350-400litres per hour pump, its more than enough for 4 plants, thats what id grow in 4x4 area. My pump is only 500litres per hour (approx 125gallon per hour) and its perfect for 16 plants in my 3x3m area. I was planning on running a pump 3x as powerful but when i came to connect it up the nossel on the pump didnt marry with the pipework so i tried the smaller pump and it works perfectly. Its slow, takes 2 mins to get 1 litre per plant but thats ok as it means nutes are given a chance to disperse in the coco. You can just adjust timer accordingly for what you need.

Whats a 'Nuke'? A pesticide?

A battery back up would be ideal for any pump. However there will be someone checking the grow daily while im gone so even in the event of pump failure they can be manually fed. I know a lot of you guys wanted to see how the bottom fed Easyfeed system works but I just felt the drippers were a safer option and meant a little less work setting up and simpler to dial in.

Thanks for the compliment. Theres no secret, just work hard and continue to evolve. Ive been growing a long time and have spent time in many many different grow set ups and I still learn new things, thats why i love my job even if it does stress me out sometimes.

Here is the Coco schedule. Remember its a guide, no substitute for knowing plants needs.

Ive had a lot of questions on nutrients recently so im going to list a full nute schedule that i use for Coco and Hydro growing. Im not going to list a soil feed schedule because there are variables that could affect what nutrients are used. Also 99% of my growing is hydroponic and I include coco in that so I will advise on what I do to get top results.

Before I make the list be aware that nutrients are way less important than light source and environment. I know alot of people grow on a tight budget but dont skip on a good light source. The video I posted yesterday explains about minimum requirements for growing and why. You want minimum 400w actual draw for a 4x4 square foot area (1x1m), yes you can grow with less but i'm not interested in growing weed with a torch or a 200w draw LED that claims to be a 600w equivalent. If you are growing even one plant make it the best it can be, its a long process to grow. Dont settle for an oz or 2 every 3 months as its wasted time and money when you can x6 that minimum just by using the correct source. A 400w hps would be the minimum requirement for me and my feed schedule represents a grow using adequate light. It stands to reason that a plant with less light will need less nutrient, just like a standard car will need less fuel than a Bugatti Veron.

So with all that said here are the schedules. You can omit anything you like additive wise but base nutrient is the most important. These are recipes that work for me and will vary depending on the quality of the water but anyone using water that is no higher than 0.7ec (350ppm) or using RO water should work. Of course try to never use tap water higher than 0.4ec (200ppm) if it can be helped.

The schedules will be based on 9 week strains, if running 8 week strains just finish nutes a week earlier. I never grow strains longer than 9 weeks now but a 10 week strain you would add 1 more week of the final boost. Strains over that will be different mix and I wont touch on that today.

I have got to these recipes over 15 years or so growing. Im not saying this is the only way but you will not fail if you follow these recipes and have adequate light source and environment.

My schedules will go off using RO water so a starting water of 0 EC (0 PPM) This will make it easier, you can omit calmag if water is of good quality and 0.3ec+ usually but its worth having incase it needs to be dded. If using water of 0.3 ec (150ppm) for example you would add that value to the value of feed i suggest. So if I suggest 1.0 ec of nutes you would add 0.3ec on to that making 1.3ec. Also the values will add up so for example if its 0.3 calmag and i add base nutrient then add it on to the 0.3ec. so if i say base up to 1.0ec that includes the 0.3 of calmag, in other words 0.7ec of base nutrient.

Finally a good EC/PPM meter is really important as is a good PH Pen, they will help you know exactly what is going into the nutrient mix and will be a valuable tool for diagnosing any possible problems. Never go off what the bottle recommends especially for anything that effects EC/PPMs.

RECIPE FOR COCO COIR.....

SEEDLINGS....

Jiffy pellets/root riot cubes/rockwool

Calmag (optional, use if water is RO) 0.1ec (50ppm)
SuperVit 1 drop/4litres water
H+G Roots Excellurator Gold 0.3ml/litre
Great White mycorrhizae 1 scoop/4 litres
PH 5.5-5.8

Soak the cubes or pellets in the solution and wring out so damp and not wet, add the seedling. this mix will get the rooting started quickly and produce strong hairy roots. I transplant into a 1-3 litre pot as soon as the tap root comes out the bottom of the cube.

FIRST TRANSPLANT

Great White mycorrhizae sprinkled in the hole where cube will be placed or onto the cube itself.
CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Micro Grow Bloom 1.0ec (500ppm) This is approximately 2ml/litre.
Roots Excellurator 0.3ml/litre
SuperVit 1drop/4liitres
Advanced Nutrients VooDoo Juice 2ml/litre (once per week)

PH 5.8

SECOND TRANSPLANT.....

Great White Mycorrhizae sprinkled in hole for transplant or direct onto rootzone
CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Advanced Nutrient PH Perfect Micro Grow Bloom 1.2-1.4ec (600-700ppm)
SuperVit 1drop/4litres
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo juice 2ml/litre (once per week)

FLOWER PERIOD (START OF 12/12)

WEEK 1

Calmag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.4ec (700ppm)
Buddhas Tree Flower Burst 0.25ml/litre
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo juice 2ml/litre
Great White mycorrhizae 1scoop/10 litres
Advanced Nutrients sensizym 2ml/litre or Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 2

Calmag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.4ec (700ppm)
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo juice 2ml/litre
Great White mycorrhizae 1scoop/10 litres
Advanced Nutrients Sensizym 2ml/litre or Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 3

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.5-1.6ec (750-800ppm)
Sensizym 2ml/litre or Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 4 and WEEK 5

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.6ec (800ppm)
Buddhas Tree PK 0.25ml/litre
Buddhas Tree Advanced Metaboost 1ml/litre
Sensizym 2ml/litre or Cannazym 2.5ml/litre

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 6

CalMag 0.3ml/litre (150ppm)
Buddhas Tree Pk 0.5ml/litre
Buddhas Tree Advanced Metaboost 1-2ml/litre
Great White mycorrhizae 1 scoop/10litres

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 7

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Plagron Green Sensation 1.8ec (900ppm) (can use Buddhas tree PK and metaboost as in week 6)

PH5.8-6.0

WEEK 8

CalMag 0.3ec (150ppm)
Ionic Coco Bloom 1.8ec (900ppm)
Plagron Green Sensation 2.0ec (1000ppm) (can use Buddhas tree PK and metaboost as in week 6)

PH 5.8-6.0

WEEK 9

First water to 50% run off.
Allow to dry until pots light to lift.
Water only daily. Enough so that its ready for more 24 hours later. DO NOT KEEP DRENCHED. Biggest chance of bud rot is now.
Flushing will clean excess salts and increase both yield and quality as it forces plants to finish.
Only water until harvest, minimum 7 days water.

Hydro is exactly the same as above with 3 changes.

1st replace Ionic Coco Bloom with Ionic Hydro Bloom

2nd Base nutrient EC/PPM at each feed can be pushed an extra 0.2ec/100ppm if required

3rd PH should be between 5.5-6.0 throughout.

In Recirculating Hydro PH swings are normal, allow some fluctuation as its better for plants to have a good range to uptake nutes. Set it at the lower end and allow it to increase. If it goes over 6.0 readjust to 5.8.

The recipe above is just one recipe that works well. Once you understand the plants needs at each period of growth you can adjust the feeds as going week by week isnt the most accurate way to do it but 100% this baseline recipe will give great results.

Finally in Coco and Hydro plants must be fed daily at least once per day. Do not keep media saturated ever. For Coco give enough liquid so plants are ready to be fed again 24 hours later when hand feeding. So plants should be light to lift but not completely dried out to the point of leaves wilting. Never allow it to dry out completely as the salts in the Media will burn the roots.

I hope this helps and if anyone wants alternatives to any products just ask.

Peace.

Hey cult u ever sell ur LEDs? If not u gonna try them again? Wish I could afford them but at this point not possible but would've to love seeing them in action and c what they can produce. I fell n love wit the lights when u unboxed them jus sorry the help ruined the grow. Hope all is good!!

I veg with dual spec hps. I used to veg with mh for long time but it was adding nearly 2 weeks to my veg time. Im just so dialled in with hps now that i use start to finish mostly. I do sometimes start under 300w cfls if space is tight or of temps are hot in summer but as soon as roots are down they go to min 600w hps. I also have 2 spaces where i start plants under led.

Your amazing bro I'm so glad I found this journal I'm in soil but after 10 pages I think I'm gonna be a convert to coco I've always been outside heirloom and organic but a move to the tropics has changed all that. What I knew about growing doesn't work here so I'm inside now running autos I've got lights on the way as I'm setting up a room that's 7x7x9 and I'll be running 2 600watt led and 2 300 watt led for peripheral lighting that's a total of about 1000 watts true pull Id like to get 6-8 plants in there but as I'm building new I'm trying to find the best way to water I've got drip systems that I used outside from rainbird and I like those but what I mean is the runoff when I water I now only have two plants for the head and every time I water I gotta take em to the tub and with 6-8 plants I don't see how that will be possible at week 5 let alone week 9 so do you have any suggestions? I love all your work man thanks for all that you share#global420

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Spot on mate cheers! I have dual spec bulbs but still always ran MH.
I've had the plants under t5s for a while, well rooted but up top they have been slow, mainly due to space but just cut down my last crop so they have went under 250w HPS today, then I'll push it to 400w, then 600w don't really wanna light shock them

Hey cult quick question had a good read on dual spec bulbs. There r so many people that r saying they r a ripoff, but instead of listening to people that never owned a dual spec bulb thought I would ask someone that has much experience with them. What brand do u favor and did u notice any real difference when u switched from regular hps? Also do u think dual spec bulbs would b better then running two reg hps to a reg mh bulb. Separate ballast n bulbs. Seems like the dual spec does that for u. Jus thought I would chat with experience and not peoples made up thoughts! Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom