Wouldn’t that be great!? :D I can’t manage that and don’t have the soil anyway so i’ll have to continue the regular watering. I’m starting to use the hose a bit now too - mixing smaller amounts of more concentrated drenches and watering them in slowly between hose applications and soaking water up from below. This seems to be working well and is heaps less taxing on my arms.
Hey Amy, I’m not exactly sure I understand your set up, but I bought a cheap little liquid transfer pump to feed with. It’s a little too strong for my small pots, but I bet it’d be great for outdoor watering?

Maybe, maybe not, just thought I’d suggest it for you. :)

cheap little liquid transfer pump... I bet it’d be great for outdoor watering?

:)
Hey Heavenly! Yes! Thanks I’ve Ben toying around in the back of my mind about something like this. Using the watering can to get the drenches in is pretty taxing on both arms and legs actually.

Thanks for the prompt. I hadn’t gone any further with the thought, than the thought - if you know what I mean.

I’ll look at what they can do. To make it worth getting for me, I would need to be able to add the Drench to it somehow. I’ll check that one out and go from there :Namaste:

Oops...

I made a booboo post when high and on my phone so, seeing as I was, just before that, in the garden and took some midday snaps on my phone, i’ll make it a Photodump! :ganjamon:

Critical Mass gets thinned out tonight. I’m pretty sure stretch has stopped.

White Widow has maybe another 7-10 days before end of stretch - at a rough guess.

I’ll even include a little bonus feature critter. This is their home entrance they have made where we removed a tree stump (not very well!). We need to put a flat path in this area soon and I’m worried about them and wondering how we can do it without destroying their home :hmmmm:. They’re an important part of Eden.

Phewf! Sometimes I land first thing in the morning to some topic that really fires off my brain cells!
So that’s how to get you fired up eh?! :laugh:
You’re right though, big pharma is really what’s driving legalization in the States if you ask me. There’s money to be had and the wolves are licking their greedy chops. It’s demoralizing really.

Oh AG! By the way I’ve been trying to tell myself to remind you... and all my growmies here at :420:! Theres a show on Netflix I recently found called Big Dreams Little Spaces that I think is a wonderful gardening show! Sounds lame? Well my wife, who is not a gardener by any stretch, is now making plans to garden with me! There’s an English chap named Monty Don, whose apparently the David Beckham of gardening or some such, and he visits peoples would be gardens and guides their hands toward achieving their meaning of the word garden :lot-o-toke:
Cheers!

Hey Heavenly! Yes! Thanks I’ve Ben toying around in the back of my mind about something like this. Using the watering can to get the drenches in is pretty taxing on both arms and legs actually.

Thanks for the prompt. I hadn’t gone any further with the thought, than the thought - if you know what I mean.

I’ll look at what they can do. To make it worth getting for me, I would need to be able to add the Drench to it somehow. I’ll check that one out and go from there :Namaste:
Sure thing! I’ll sheepishly ask - what is a drench? I saw you post that before and thought maybe it was a large batch of nutrient mixed in water?

Sure thing! I’ll sheepishly ask - what is a drench? I saw you post that before and thought maybe it was a large batch of nutrient mixed in water?
Exactly, yes. Growing with Doc Buds system involves giving drenches to the soil that provide certain elements, compounds minerals nitrates etc. in forms that the soil microlife like to eat. This micro-biota community then “digest” it and give the right stuff to the plants :love:. These “Drenches” are mixed with water (sometimes at varying strengths) and applied to the soil the same way you do anything else you mix in water for plants - just like you said :thumb: These drenches also always contain a little dose of the necessary microlife, to gently keep things populated :)

Hey Amy, I’m not exactly sure I understand your set up, but I bought a cheap little liquid transfer pump to feed with. It’s a little too strong for my small pots, but I bet it’d be great for outdoor watering?
CF21AE97-C4EA-41A9-A351-6830505D1F98.jpeg

Maybe, maybe not, just thought I’d suggest it for you. :)
Oh hey - a penny just dropped about this kind of device! I’d been thinking it needed to be something like a hose-end sprayer. But having seen the picture of how this works, i realise I can just mix the Drench up in a bucket and I’m good to go without lifting anything but the tiny bottles and the hose!:yahoo: I’m getting one... now... which one...? :surf:

Oh hey - a penny just dropped about this kind of device! I’d been thinking it needed to be something like a hose-end sprayer. But having seen the picture of how this works, i realise I can just mix the Drench up in a bucket and I’m good to go without lifting anything but the tiny bottles and the hose!:yahoo: I’m getting one... now... which one...? :surf:
Lol, I almost went into detail about how it works, but I didn’t want to be a pest if you weren’t interested in it. :D It has a battery operated switch to turn it on and off. It’s pretty genius, the only thing I wish it had was some sort of control for how strong the water comes out. I think it could work for you though. Maybe wheelbarrow a bucket of drench out there or something? I dunno, maybe it will help make things easier for you?

Hehe - snap. I have a hose right there that is gravity fed. Its fine for just water and for mixing up the drench (in the watering can or bucket) - it’s just the application of the mixed Drench I’d be hoping to do with a device pike this.

I’m actually in the process of building a soaker hose grid for the raised bed so getting a good even soaking is noice and easy. ;) SO if I can sort out this handwaterig part without blasting away the topsoil, that’s going to be great!

I’m now considering a cheap solar powered pond water feature pump kind of thing ... and thinking with an extension tube and a fountain fixture attached to a long stick or extendable rod of some kind I could reach all the way to the back nice and comfortably with a little fountain of Drench mix... a cunning plan develops...

Not sure if this would be an option,but it has transformed how watering gets done for me.

I realize carrying it full would be next to impossible, but perhaps filling it while next to your raised bed with your one gallon jugs or whatever system. I’m in ten gallon containers which takes exactly two gallons of water. So I fill it one gallon of RO at a time and then let the tea bloom, yada yada.

The sprayer has a one gpm head and a 1/2gpm head depending on how fast you want to water. It sprays quite fine which allows you to thoroughly wet the soil without it all just coming out the bottom.

I spray and wet the surface good, have couple draws on the vape, then give it another go. It takes me a good hour to water all the plants this way, but I’m sorta multitasking during the whole process. Checking the clones, taking photos, writing notes on the ol’ calendar, etc.

Ahh, I ramble on. Apologies :sorry:

Hey that sounds just like how I do it too Archie, but without the concrete sprayer! Which is an interesting idea I will look into for sure. But yeah I do the same with the watering can - small amounts at once with time in between over about an hour in the garden while I do other things or just sit looking at the plants ☺️

For the few of you who have dropped in since - i fixed my booboo post with a midday photodump
:passitleft:
Ah yes, another morning of viewing Amy's wonderful garden with a mug of coffee in my hands! :green_heart:

Do you go to the spring training to watch? Or are you involved in some way? I ask because i personally ready enjoy watching the training and coaching of sports I like (and that I have played in particular).
I go to watch. My wife and I and @Liquidintel and his new wife have been going for the past 5 years. We meet a couple friends there as well. Get up close with the players and coaches, watch a little ball during the day and then hit the bars and restaurants at night... rinse and repeat.
I played when I was in high school and then as an adult I played in some local beer leagues for about 25 years. I know what you mean about watching the coaching aspect of sports. There's really much more to sports than the action on the field on game day. :cheer:

There’s another wave of cannabis legislation bills and resolutions sweeping the globe right now. Each wave is a bit more powerful than the last. There’s going to be a lot of mess for a while, and lots of that mess is going to be great for us. I mean, we know that big business and big pharma is going to be looked after first, it’s just the shitty was things are. But there is obviously all sorts of opportunity and definitely the opportunity the change the thought culture around it and work to normalise it, like you say Archi :)
That sounds like some exciting movement in the right direction! :party:

go to watch. My wife and I and @Liquidintel and his new wife have been going for the past 5 years. We meet a couple friends there as well. Get up close with the players and coaches, watch a little ball during the day and then hit the bars and restaurants at night... rinse and repeat.
:thumb: I totally get it!
Great part, too, is when you see a play during a game that you’ve watched come together in training.

So, I took some twilight pics of Critical Mass last night so I could post them in the Cationic Drench timing thread for some feedback. I figure I’ll drop them here too. I’m stoked with the amount of frost coming in already :cool: - day 23 of flower.

My post in the CAT thread is seeking feedback on my take that it’s just entering the CAT Drench window.

I’m also seeking perspectives from the other DBHBB growers on how long I could possibly stretch it, so as to get the Candida into the CAT window as well.

The way I see it, I have to do them together or not at all.

I’d hoped they would be a little bit closer in their flowering start but they’re at least 2 weeks apart so I may not make it. Time will tell :popcorn:

That was quick - ween says this...
I'd say that 1st one is just in the start of the cat window but if it were mine, I'd wait at least a week and 2 weeks should be fine. Stage has done very late cats with great results, like 36 days or so. I've done it too with pretty good results.
:Namaste:

Not sure if this would be an option,but it has transformed how watering gets done for me.

I realize carrying it full would be next to impossible, but perhaps filling it while next to your raised bed with your one gallon jugs or whatever system. I’m in ten gallon containers which takes exactly two gallons of water. So I fill it one gallon of RO at a time and then let the tea bloom, yada yada.

The sprayer has a one gpm head and a 1/2gpm head depending on how fast you want to water. It sprays quite fine which allows you to thoroughly wet the soil without it all just coming out the bottom.

I spray and wet the surface good, have couple draws on the vape, then give it another go. It takes me a good hour to water all the plants this way, but I’m sorta multitasking during the whole process. Checking the clones, taking photos, writing notes on the ol’ calendar, etc.

Ahh, I ramble on. Apologies :sorry:

SO back to this - am i right that you need to pump it to build up the pressure? :hmmmm: If so - it wont suit. I am borderline with doing the solo sprayer as often as I need to for foliars.

Whatever assistive device I get, it needs to be powered. I’m leaning towards the solar powered pond pump. I dont need a particularly powerful one as there won’t be any head - it’s just from bucket to ground at same level. Stick a sprinkler on it and... drench done :)

Yea AG it’s hand pump :(
Interesting to see the different opinions on the Cat Drench and it’s timing. My Durban is probably closer to the upper limit for CD but she gets her first one this week.
Maybe a drip irrigation setup is in the works for you?

Back
Top Bottom