Exactly! That’s why i asked about watts from the wall - i dont know anything about how the manufacturers sell their products, just that the wats they cite are very often not Watts from the wall

Thanks Gray for jumping in with that! :)

:thumb:

Let me add the little bit I left out at the end ;)...

*So CBD has at least 5 ways of modulating the effects of THC and other cannabinoids:
  • Via peripheral cannabinoid receptors
  • via secondary cannabinoid receptors
  • via the opioid and serotonin receptors
  • by increasing CB1 receptors in the brain
  • by increasing the circulation of anandamide

I thought that little section was in there, but i missed it yesterday - it goes right at the end.

The part about increasing CB1 receptors in the brain is really important. One of the things CBD can do is also lengthen the time that THC is actively effective for and that ties in to that effect I think. SO it can modulate the effects and increase their duration as well.

To follow up a little bit and bring this back to meet the conversation about CBG, I did some preliminary searches on CBG and it’s activity at the CB1 &CB2 receptors and found this article for starters - which I am in no way up to reading at the moment! The research is happening out there tho :)

:surf:
I’m going to ask another silly question... Based in what you mentioned above regarding CBD1 - if you like to get stoned and would like to take advantage of CBD’s increasing the receptors in the brain to prolong that type of high you prefer as well as modulate the effect then perhaps you would grow a strain that delivers the high you like but choose one that also has a certain level of CBD? I have completely ignored CBD, and I am in for growing on a small scale so...

i think it might be a clover mite!
Clover mites only have 6 legs, your little guardian is definitely a spider, so no worries!
And welcome to the new arrival!

Update: State of the Garden - week 6 :smokin:

Hello wonderful 420 folk and visitors of Eden. It’s a long weekend here so while that means little to me in my day to day life I always like to take it on aNd extend my wake-n-bake to The holiday Monday morning. Today is such a day.
:hookah:

Yesterday began with a new arrival :love:

The rest of the clan looked pretty perky so I got a couple of snaps :D

So, I’ve ended up in a slight tangle about light :eye-roll: that I barely have the energy to post properly about, let me try tho’.

I turned the lights way up (after the earlier discussion a few days ago) and everything looked great for a day or so (which is when those pics were taken) and then today they were not looking happy at all and it looked like some fans were turning away so I’ve backed it off again.

I really think I can get away w less - like Gray often says with this config. I looked at last years grow and at this stage I hadn’t even installed the strips, so I was running the boards only and things were great.

I wasn’t able to I check my watts from the wall since making the recent change (I did it based on Lux) but I have someone coming to visit today who can help me with unplugging and plugging things in and I will reset based on a balance between an ideal veg state for the Sour Bubba (25w/sqft), which is really the priority here, and the flowering need for the autos (30-35w/sqft).

I’ll wind it back again today and wait till the flip to 11/13 to turn it up to full :thumb:

I think these air pots needs water about every 3-4 days when the plants are in their stride. That’s a little but too often for my liking! It’s good for autos tho becasue it allows more drenches.

Since the Brix foliar last Wednesday, the DDA and Early Miss had a TP Drench on Friday along with their dose of Recharge (soil top-dress of mineral mix). Early Miss is only 3-4weeks away so I gave it 30g only (small pot too) and the DDA got about 50-60grams. Some worm castings were included for both. It’s a small pot but it it has some distance to go. Those minerals will take 2-3 weeks to start to become effective/available, so the EM will get a ‘finishing’ boost And the DDA will get a ‘continuing on‘ boost.

I always have @StoneyMemoirs’ advice about the DDA in mind, “recharge ‘em early and Cat Drench ‘em late”, so I’m applying that here. I don’t think Early Miss has time for Cat drenches but I’ll do some time calculations and make sure. I do expect to Cat the DDA at some point. Still contemplating the timing.

Sour Bubba and Northern Lights both had a TW on Saturday. They were probably droopy enough for it on Friday.

And, back o our new arrival! :D Panama poked a hole in her cotyledon as she emerged! :eek: It looks like the first set of leaves dug in there while they were all still squished together.

Critter of the week this week is really a critter of the tent this week - guardian of the tent indeed! Seen in fleeting moments and captured here while I had them out for watering. It is absolutely miniscule! The size of a tiny pinhead.

I hope you are all doing ok. I have no idea of the specifics of what is happening in various parts of the world anymore. I mean I know the current general picture and that’s enough to stop me seeking out the news very often. I hope you are all safe wherever you are and have all the medicine you need.
:green_heart:
:Namaste:
That DDA is a beauty. She looks completely untouched? Your little Guardian threw the playlists of Guardians of the Galaxy into my head - really good playlists So thank you! You have inspired me to get my Nikon out and charge the batteries....baby steps. The news here is interesting.....if you can get it in an accurate and unbiased way. The DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) area makes it really hard to get that type of news.

perhaps you would grow a strain that delivers the high you like but choose one that also has a certain level of CBD?
Or...Grow a straight (or close,30:1) CBD strain, and blend your chosen percentage into your favorite
high thc strain..that way, you control exactly how much CBD is in the mix...

Ooooohhhh. Sounds interesting. When you say “blend” you mean blend two cured types of bud, or “blend“ them by combining them in the plant form?
B8AC169C-F122-40A6-B49A-D3B2894467EE.jpeg

This is Hulklato and DrSeedsmanCBD30:1
The hooch and the hemp.

Perfect,DD! Just like that^^^

then perhaps you would grow a strain that delivers the high you like but choose one that also has a certain level of CBD?
Grow a straight (or close,30:1) CBD strain, and blend your chosen percentage into your favorite
high thc strain..that way, you control exactly how much CBD is in the mix...
:thumb: Exactly this.
Ooooohhhh. Sounds interesting. When you say “blend” you mean blend two cured types of bud, or “blend“ them by combining them in the plant form?
This is Hulklato and DrSeedsmanCBD30:1
The hooch and the hemp.

Yes absolutely you can do it that way. Or, as I do, make oil with each and blend the oils. Or make a blended oil with the desired ratio with the appropriate amount of each strain.

I have been doing this with CBD from Candida CD-1 for about 18 months now. I take it in a number of different ways, but I prefer it as a dosing oil (alongside a THC oil) or in my edibles (and it does different things depending on which pathway). I’m not a big fan of smoking or vaping it myself but I Know there are folks around here who prefer using it that way.

For some people it kills or deadens the high, others enjoy the way it changes it. How that happens is going to depend massively on the THC strain its being combined with and the particular CBD strain used as well as the person taking it - so lots of fun with experimentation!

The other reason to grow seperate chemovars (strains) is because stabilising the CBD:THC ratio in a single plant is not so easy to do, it seems. So a stabilised CBD plant is just a ‘better bet’ in terms of getting some semblance of precision and consistency with cannabinoid amounts and ratios. Of course, all of that is only super important if you’re aiming to treat something medical, or if you like getting technical about your high sometimes :laughtwo: (I kind of land in both camps)

DDA is a beauty. She looks completely untouched?
Thanks Boo! Yes no topping or training. :yummy:

Clover mites only have 6 legs, your little guardian is definitely a spider, so no worries!
And welcome to the new arrival!
I concur - I just meant it reminded me of Mr Krabs! :laughtwo:
Thanks you two :)
I very much want to be reassured by your words and I am certainly not seeing any evidence of damage (and haven‘s seen the little thing or any others for a while) but, and I will need to research this a bit more, this article does not fill me with confidence :oops:... this is a screenshot and I can only hope that the website is wrong!!

E693BAB4-BE12-42F7-8DD2-8C1DA1516A45.jpeg

Interesting that they seem to be using a pic of it on cannabis, or something very like cannabis!

My dude looks a lot like that! Exactly like that actually :oops: So i do hope it is wrong.

I’m off to look up Bryobia Praetiosa...

that search shows lots of mites that donet look like my little buddy and one photograph that does - credited to Dreamstime stock images and called Praetiosa - but it could be wrong. Most of the others don’t look like mine. Although clover mites are an arachnid and do have 8 legs! :eek: ANd I did think it looked mite-like. It moved around like a spider tho’.

I suppose all I can do is inspect the plants and deal w it if I see any. All seems good so far. :)

what are Clover Mites feeding on?
Here’s the next bit of the screen
BDE294EF-404A-41AF-ACC5-8CC1E835E42D.jpeg

It’s a pest control company so I’m not going to take their word as gospel or just assume the photo is an accurate one. BUT, I cant find a spider anything like it, even tho mine is quite different to many other pics of clover mites... It leaves me unsure and wanting to dive in with a magnifying loupe at my first opportunity.

I never did get to that LeafWash spray on the autos...

It’s curious, and this is also a direct question to @Weedseedsexpress I suppose :ciao:, because they are breeding their own versions of all the strains they sell and Charlotte’s Webb parents are ‘unknown’ so I am curious about the process used to produce the seeds they have for sale.

Until I saw it on their site I hadn’t actually known it was available as seed. I’ve now seen it in a few places, none of them known (to me) seedbanks tho, and the cannabinoid levels listed range from “10% CBD” to “15% CBD“ to “1%-17% CBD” to weedseedsexpress who say “19% CBD” . That’s a bit random for me! :hmmmm:

Hi Amy!

Thanks for your question!

About the breeding proces we can't provide to much information. Sorry. When it comes to the differences in CBD or THC levels, I think the differences in CBD between sellers is caused by the way of presenting. We present the max CBD and max THC on the productpages. Other sellers present a range, for example 10-15% CBD or 10+%. Showing exact CBD or THC levels is hard and partly in the hands of the grower. Therefore CBD levels, but also THC levels may vary. A late harvest generally will increase the CBD level in the flowers while an early harvest generally results in an increased THC level.

Please let me know if you have any other question!

Cheers! David

Although clover mites are an arachnid and do have 8 legs!
Sorry , Amy- I've always thought (for like 50 years) that all Arachnids were carnivores...but a little research
(and you) tells me that certain mites are the exception.
Didn't mean to mislead you- but at least I learned something in the process, and Thank You for that :thumb:

you didn’t tho! I always thought 8 legs just meant spider! ANd that any spider is a friend,

I haven’t seen it again - inspecting again tomorrow.

at least I learned something in the process, and Thank You for that :thumb:
Me too! I also learned that my lenient policy (if in doubt, don’t kill it) has the potential to bring me great grief. I’ll be a little more circumspect in future.

can't provide to much information
Thanks for dropping by to respond. Does that go for all your seeds or just the CW?

A late harvest generally will increase the CBD level in the flowers while an early harvest generally results in an increased THC level.

I just want to clarify that. I don’t think it is true that a late harvest increases CBD.

To the best information I have found, CBD dominant plants should be harvested when a high percentage of trichome heads are cloudy and before there are any amber trichomes, so a late CBD harvest is not optimum at all. The same goes for THC. THC levels are at their highest when the highest % of trichomes are cloudy, before amber indicates the degradation of THC to CBN.

I suppose I may be wrong but I have read a lot about this and while i found little actual data, that information was consistent. Dinafem did a series of lab tests at different harvest times and that was absolutely what they found. If you have some data or article to show what you’re describing about late and early harvests I would love to see it!
:Namaste:

I also learned that my lenient policy (if in doubt, don’t kill it) has the potential to bring me great grief.

It’s far better than the other approach - to kill anything one doesn’t understand! :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom