Amy Gardner's First Journal - Outdoor - Critical Cure & Chaos In The Forest

Much love Amy, :green_heart:

Bug_exterminator.jpg

Lamo awesome .

Yes Amy congrats ladie just to be up here is a special joy itself . Win or lose I still love ya ..

Much love Amy, :green_heart:

Bug_exterminator.jpg

:biglaugh::rofl: here, quick! I'm gonna drop it... :passitleft: oh man! :rofl: :hug: :thanks: :hug: (lord knows I'm gonna need help trimmin'!)

Yes Amy congrats ladie just to be up here is a special joy itself . Win or lose I still love ya ..

Totally King! Thanks heaps good sir. You're right - there is no 'lose'! :high-five: I'm so stoked to have been nominated :slide:

:passitleft: (and pass it back to G when you're done - I'm good for a while :thumb:)

Mega Update to celebrate the site upgrade! Part One

It seems wonderfully appropriate that I can celebrate the new site launch with the first frost of this journal :slide: :cheer:

The older girls have just finished setting flowers (I’m fairly sure) and I’m brewing a fresh batch of LAB (the previous one ran out/ died weeks ago) to supplement the micro herd for the final phase.

4 days ago all the enclosure girls (both the flowering ones and all the solstice babies) had a good feeding day which started with a pre-light foliar spray containing a mixture of the usual seaweed fpj (1:10 dilution) and the newly discovered and brewed Casuarina (Equisetum) tea (also 1:10 dilution). I’m lucky enough that the sun rises and then there’s at least an hour and half or more before the girls get any direct sunlight, so I have a nice wide window to foliar feed. At the same time the raised bed containing the flowering girls got a light watering of seaweed tea as it was really dry - they’re drinking heavily now. I was also lucky enough to have a couple of folk visiting overnight on that morning (ok so I tried to time it so a big foliar feed was due when they were here!), so they did all the ‘heavy lifting’ for me and I only had to guide. They were very good with the plants :love: Then, at the end of the same day I gave the enclosure a deep soaking (the days are very warm and sunny right now) using straight rain water from the garden hose, and once it was good and wet through, I gave about 10 litres of casuarina tea to them as well. I still have to do more research on how closely exactly the Casuarina resembles Horsetail Fern in terms of it’s ‘nutrient’ and mineral content - but I have found info regarding it’s benefits for human consumption, which tells me (from the International Journal of Chemical, Environmental and Biological Sciences, 3:2) this:

View media item 1494149
That’s not a plant available analysis (it’s a human available analysis), but still, it seems like a good combination with the seaweed for more than mere fungal prevention. Once I have the lactoB ready to go the next few feeds will incorporate some of the rock dust/calcium, and maybe some comfrey. Haven’t decided yet, I’m trying to get hold of some more stinging nettle, but it’s late in the season…And the local worm guy finally got back to me yesterday

The weather has been almost perfect recently. Plenty of sun, diffusion from clouds on really hot days - except one scorcher when I draped a wet cloth repeatedly over the GTxNL pot to keep the roots from cooking! Then a 15period of heavy rain and now more sun. I’m hoping it will now enter it’s pattern of lovely overnight rain every few days with sun in between, wouldn’t that be nice! It’s happened before. There’s some “pest” activity here n there, the odd nibble and I squish white flies when I can catch them, but we have plenty of beneficial insects as well and things seem to be mostly maintaining balance. I am checking them all the time (about twice a day if I can) and have pulled off the odd grub. Nothing major.

Anyway… they absolutely loved the Casuarina/seaweed mix of foliar and drenches - the day after they were so perky and reaching to the sun like crazy all day. And they still are this morning. I’m going to let the images speak for themselves now ;)

Professor Chaos (week 17)

CBD Critical Cure (week 17)

Continued in following post...

Mega Update to celebrate the site upgrade! Part Two

I’ve honestly never grown plants so gorgeous and lush… and big. I know they’re not enormous by any stretch, but the CBDCC is way bigger than I expected her to be and is producing so many colas I’m starting to really consider how I will handle harvest! Not to mention the oil making supply and storing all that medicinal herb… I think I'll freeze some fresh.

Here's the younger ones...

GTxNL #1

GTxNL #2

Ice

Something I’m learning at the moment is that planting the solstice babies in front of the bigger girls in the same garden bed means that I can’t keep them as dry as I would like during their veg phase because the flowering girls want heaps of water at the moment - they’re drying out their soil at quite a deep level in just a few days. So the younger ones are getting more moist than ideal - doesn’t matter how much I only water round the back of the big plants - it diffuses under the surface anyway. And I really don’t intend to hold back on what the flowering babies need!! If I do this kind of semi-perpetual thing in the future, I’ll likely use pots more and transplant once they mature - or something like that.

Mega Update to celebrate the site upgrade! Part Three

G2HM recently made a comment about how she can relieve anger or stress and anxiety by simply visiting with her plants, a testament to the healing properties of just growing cannabis, even before any consumption is happening. I have this as well and have witnessed many 420 folk express similar, if less explicit, sentiments. I remember a surfing session I had once - at that time when my surfing was settling in again after I had re-learnt as an older adult. It was a day when everything fell into place, at a lovely local rivermouth spot. We were the only ones out there, 2 of us in perfect conditions. The waves were perfectly formed and my rhythm landed in sync with the sea and I think we counted 20 waves without a hiccup. They were lovely long rides being a river mouth, so long paddles back out too! We rode so many that there was nearly no strength left in us to get back to the car! Note to surfers: always leave enough energy in the tank to get back in, carry your board back to the car, get your wetsuit off (a task not to be underestimated) and get the 9’2” board back on the roof of the car! The reason I tell this story, is that being unable to surf for the last 20 months, and for I-don’t-know-how-much longer, has meant that a big aspect of my pathways to mental relaxation and emotional/spiritual calmness has been absent without this interaction with the ocean. I do have days like that to draw on in my memory (and Hawai’i :love:) but I miss the ocean, deeply. When G wrote that little, but huge, comment on the peace she finds with her living, growing plants and I thought about it as sat in my garden yesterday realising how much I felt the same way (and feeling some recently triggered anger and frustration dissipate as I sat there), the memory of that day surfing came rushing back to me … I feel like I’ve had 20 beautiful waves - that’s how stoked I am with these plants!

:surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf:

I had the funniest time waiting for the forum to go down. I had this update pretty much ready to go and decided to wait for the new site launch to publish it. Because the site migration trial run took much longer than the devs and the 420 staff anticipated (due mostly to the massive transfer of image files!) the site stayed active for ages longer than we’d all thought, so I enjoyed cruising around some of the threads and news articles I’d been neglecting lately. It was a nice paradigm shift to using the site slightly differently as I’d already deleted the app from my phone. Changing habits is good. Even non-problematic habits. It pays to notice them either way. I also enjoyed some nice wake n bake over the weekend and relaxed in bed watching new episodes of The Blue Planet II, to soothe my lament for the ocean. I can highly recommend it - it’s a great adjunct to cannabis consumption!

:volcano-smiley:

Since it’s been a few days since I put that update together (I edited the time references and tenses to bring the info up to date), and... since I had the opportunity to get some more snaps this morning… here’s some bonus images. No commentary, just green. :LOVE:

Thanks again for visiting my garden. I do love having people over :) I hope my growing beauties bring you something of the joy and serenity they bring me.

I can’t leave you without sharing the critter of the week of course (I use the term ‘week’ very loosely as my updates are far more sporadic than that!) - finally, a departure from the insects that have been so prominent lately, this lovely has only just started visiting the last couple of days. It fluttered down right in front of me while I was sitting going through the garden shots on my camera, a successful bid to be this weeks’ critter if ever there was one. It sat there for ages, reminding me of a great film I saw recently (which would be an excellent high ‘WTF?’ kind of adventure actually) it’s called A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence

View media item 1494196

White headed pigeon (Australian native bird)

:Namaste:

Thanks for the lovely wandering updates.

I was staring at a mural yesterday of a sea turtle, mermaid, octupus, and whale - remembering how much oceans have meant in my life.

I never had one of those moments surfing - never quite stood up on one of those boards, but I do have fond memories of taking my single sail Laser dinghy out into Boston harbor several days a week after work (wind permitting.) With a hull length of 4.19 metres (13 ft 10.5 in) and dry weight 56.7 kg (130 lb) - I definitely had to save energy to drag the boat back to the car and lift it onto the roof rack. And you know the hull is never dry when you take her out of the water. Mine was a leaky old queen from the 50s that could easily hide 7 gallons of water inside the hull when you weren't paying attention.

Saving energy, in a sailboat? - Don't you just lie there and fiddle with the tiller? - Not always, this was a lean yourself out over the water to not tip over type of boat... with only 130 lb hull and a mast about 8 metres (26 ft) high, somewhere around 12 knots and a 5 inch wave, she had a tendency to go 12 knots and get airborne - which gets the old muscles going :) On a an airborne say, it was sometimes tough to remember to save energy :)

- - -

Regarding your beautiful plants:

Whatever else you are looking at, you have several beautiful ounces of CBD Critical Cure in your future. I hope you enjoy the smoke :)

Thanks for the lovely wandering updates.

... lean yourself out over the water to not tip over type of boat... with only 130 lb hull and a mast about 8 metres (26 ft) high, somewhere around 12 knots and a 5 inch wave, she had a tendency to go 12 knots and get airborne - which gets the old muscles going :) On a an airborne say, it was sometimes tough to remember to save energy :)

- - -

Regarding your beautiful plants:

Whatever else you are looking at, you have several beautiful ounces of CBD Critical Cure in your future. I hope you enjoy the smoke :)

Surfing the wind Radogast! (and the windchop too ;) ) That's a lovely image - you (my image of you) and your Laser Queen flying alone across the water's surface! I could never work out sailing. I think I like having my arms free - sailboarding didn't work for me either!

And yes actually, about that haul of CBDCC I have coming - am planning to see how it is for a relaxing vape during the day. That way I'm getting terpenes as well. I think my next CBD will be a sativa at a higher ratio (Purple Orange sounds nice)

Awwww, I got an honourable mention in your journal, not to mention you posted the pic of me sitting in the tree of joy...hahahahaha j/k

Gorgeous plants Amy, wow!

( :hug: = hug :kisstwo: = kiss )
LOL - that was you!!!?

and thanks G. :hug: :hug: You don't even know how proud I am of them! I kind of consider them my first proper grow because I've never built my own soil before.

High Amy,

I love how the plants grow outdoors, don't you? I also grow in the summer, and still looking for the fast flowering sativa for our climate.

You have done a great job putting together your soil and your grow! I want to go back and read to catch up so I can learn some more. Very nice work!

High Amy,
I enjoy your journal and meandering commentary.
It's like a walk in the woods with fresh air on a slightly overcast morning.
I can smell the herb from here.

High Amy,

I love how the plants grow outdoors, don't you? I also grow in the summer, and still looking for the fast flowering sativa for our climate.

You have done a great job putting together your soil and your grow! I want to go back and read to catch up so I can learn some more. Very nice work!

Bodelicious welcome to my garden Bode! :rollit:

Thanks for the kind words. I’m having a great time with this grow - thanks to this site to great extent!
Hey let me know what you discover re that fast flowering Sativa - I’m researching that too. I think Panama is one with a shorter flowering period than many others. (Could be getting that wrong tho. I’ve looked at a lot over the past few months!)

Pleasure to have you here - I’ll try to get over to your garden sometime!

:Namaste:

High Amy,
I enjoy your journal and meandering commentary.
It's like a walk in the woods with fresh air on a slightly overcast morning.
I can smell the herb from here.
Thanks man! :yummy: It does smell very delicious around the house and garden these days ...

Hi Amy

Subbed up hope you don't mind. i am thinking on doing an outdoor this year just to see the difference between my current indoor. like what you are doing with yours and how they are growing.

Keep it Frosty

Welcome Sly :welcome: GLad to have you along. I’ll probably do a small indoor in my ‘off’ season so we’ll be swapping!

HI Amy! I'm gonna sub in if that's ok. I will say that since your grow style is much different than mine that I'm just along for the ride and can't really offer much help if any. I do like seeing outdoor grows with the free lighting and all, ha!:rofl:

Hi ween! Most welcome :rollit:
Yep free light is tops! Just having folk around to enjoy the ride is wonderful and I love having this outlet for my obsession.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom