Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

Definitely not a heavy indica. I know it is meant to be indica, but both my purples were still about 80% cloudy, 18% clear, 2% amber at 74 days of 12/12. It hits immediately, and then builds over the next 15 minutes. It hits hard in the head, and stays heady for about 90 min and only then descends into the typical indica body stone. The high lasts a good 3 hours. I will say it again... POWERFUL stuff! I didn't keep anything back for myself. Sold it all. It is simply too overwhelming for me. Last night I tried it for a third time, and only had 3 tokes of a joint. It smacked me straight in the head and made me speak non-stop rubbish for over an hour. :cheesygrinsmiley: If you overdo it, which is probable, then spicy food helps to ground you a bit.

Definitely not a heavy indica. I know it is meant to be indica, but both my purples were still about 80% cloudy, 18% clear, 2% amber at 74 days of 12/12. It hits immediately, and then builds over the next 15 minutes. It hits hard in the head, and stays heady for about 90 min and only then descends into the typical indica body stone. The high lasts a good 3 hours. I will say it again... POWERFUL stuff! I didn't keep anything back for myself. Sold it all. It is simply too overwhelming for me. Last night I tried it for a third time, and only had 3 tokes of a joint. It smacked me straight in the head and made me speak non-stop rubbish for over an hour. :cheesygrinsmiley: If you overdo it, which is probable, then spicy food helps to ground you a bit.

Very interested to grow it and see how it ends up for me then! It sounds like fun ;)

Day 41 Veg - Day 59 Flower

After looking at the trichs today I decided to flush the girls in the flower tent. That puts me harvesting next weekend which works out pretty well. Straight tap water, not ph'd and the end is near. Flushed until they got below 150ppms.

IMG_349020.JPG

The Veg girls look like they have indeed got a little wider and tomorrow I have to either decide to flip them or do another defoliation. I really want to just flip them and hope the Lost Coast OG pulls through. Part of me is saying to wait until next weekend and just defoliate them. That will stunt them a bit a give light to anything that hasn't gotten to the top canopy. I would also be able to cut any weak branches off and they would still have plenty of time to heal before the flip. I think I will play it safe but I'm 50/50 right now.

IMG_348815.JPG
IMG_348714.JPG

I would defoliate them brother....no rush since your others are still finishing up. Just my .02

Your .02 is what I normally do (and will likely still do) but I am trying my hardest not to defoliate too much this time and I've never really flipped when I thought they were ready. Usually it's a couple weeks after that due to timing. If that Lost Coast OG was in better shape I'd be flipping for sure. The other 3 are ready.

I thought about maybe putting my flower girls in the veg tent and setting the timer to 12/12 to finish them out. When I am done I can just start vegging my next round. I also have a 3rd tent I use for drying and a few extra LED's lying around so I could do something with that tent until it's time to harvest. Nice to have options but I need to have a good smoke session and decide. I need to decide soon!

Well from what i can see on those in Veg, doesn't look like a defoliation would hurt them or slow them down for long! Some thick growth on those girls brother!

Well from what i can see on those in Veg, doesn't look like a defoliation would hurt them or slow them down for long! Some thick growth on those girls brother!

100% correct. They'd probably look good again in about 2 days. It's more or less do I want to experiment by not defoliating at this point or do as normal and what has worked for me this whole time. Always tinkering...

Day 43 Veg - Day 61 Flower

I was convinced yesterday that I would wait until next weekend and then flip my veg girls. Well I got home and was pretty motivated so I took everything out of my tents. The plants hadn't been fed yet so they were dry and it was a good opportunity to clean and make some minor adjustments. I lowered the wire racks so they are touching the drain tables, giving me a few more inches in height, and cut out a hole in the wiring so I can stick my shop vac through it to suck up the drainage water. Adjusted some fans and flipped my veg tent timer to 12/12.

I didn't end up doing any defoliation last night or anything. I was pretty tired and had a long day ahead of me of work. Today I was going to come home and defoliate and decided to just flip them. The girls are in their last day of veg as they will see their first 12/12 cycle tonight and Flower Day 1 tomorrow. I also decided to give them the best light and put them in the flower tent after all. I then put the 3 finishing girls in the veg tent and I will let them finish as long as they need to, but likely that will be next weekend.

Flower Tent - Starting back left and going counter clockwise. Purple Envy, Lost Coast OG (Hopefully will get a good stretch as it is short and bushy, I always seem to have one like this at flip), Cali OG, Purple Kush.
IMG_349715.JPG

Veg/Flower Tent - Amnesiac in the back, Jack Here on the right and White Castle on the left.
IMG_351416.JPG

Looking very good Ase! I can't wait to see what you do with that Purple Envy.

I got up this morning and did my usual yardwork and watered my outdoor vegetables. I forgot I had cut the Cherry Bomb Auto outside and never brought it back inside. That means I won't be reusing this coco because I'm sure it's full of junk from being outside for like a month so I threw it in my garden.

Just for fun I took a picture of what the roots looked like. Pleased to say that the hydroton looks to be doing what I want in the bottom of the bag and not allowing the roots to clump up. This has been allowing steady runoff and no over-saturation. At least that's my theory. I'm keeping the hydroton 1" in the bottom of the bags until I think otherwise.

Before I started using Great White and Rapidstart my bags never were this full of roots. Highly recommend, they both are essential in my books and well worth the money. Couldn't get a picture of the root-ball because I literally had to tear it out piece by piece.
IMG_351512.JPG

Thats the only downfall to using the smart pots, its such a pain in the ass to get the plant out. I attempted to up-pot a couple clones from a 2 gallon smart pot and I ended up just cutting the pot away. So much easier with plastic pots.

Thats the only downfall to using the smart pots, its such a pain in the ass to get the plant out. I attempted to up-pot a couple clones from a 2 gallon smart pot and I ended up just cutting the pot away. So much easier with plastic pots.

Yeah everything I use up until the final pots are plastic. I found it easiest to just go from starter pot to final pot in the end (my final pots are only 3 gallon). Saves having to do a 2nd transplant and doesn't seem to have any different effect for me.

Before I started using Great White and Rapidstart I could push the edges and dig my hands down the loosened sides and pull the whole thing out. This plant though was just inches at a time. Makes sense because of how big it got but when I saw this I thought, "Damn, I wonder how big that Cherry Bomb Auto would've gotten outdoors".

Yeah I think I will go to that. The smaller pots aren't really good for me for a final pot growing in organic soil. I need a little more soil in there for how I like to grow. I think I will go from cups to 1 gallon plastic pots and then from there up to their final pots (5 gallon last grow....future grows will be 7 or 10 gallon pots (I think if I go to 10 gallon, I might do the initial transplant in 2 gallon plastic pots instead of 1 gallon plastic pots.

Yeah I think I will go to that. The smaller pots aren't really good for me for a final pot growing in organic soil. I need a little more soil in there for how I like to grow. I think I will go from cups to 1 gallon plastic pots and then from there up to their final pots (5 gallon last grow....future grows will be 7 or 10 gallon pots (I think if I go to 10 gallon, I might do the initial transplant in 2 gallon plastic pots instead of 1 gallon plastic pots.

Yeah when I did soil I did 7 gallon and 5 gallon for final pots. 5 gallon were the best for me if I was doing 4 plants in a 4x4'. If I had a 5'x5' or larger I would have gone with the 7 gallon. I'm really tempted to try coco again in a 5 gallon but I can fill a 4x4' with four 3 gallon smart pots so part of me says why even bother? 3 gallons are so much easier to water when doing coco.

Yeah pot sizes aren't as important on coco grows. I dont blame you for wanting to keep them in 3 gallon pots in coco. How often are you watering? More than once a day?

Yeah pot sizes aren't as important on coco grows. I dont blame you for wanting to keep them in 3 gallon pots in coco. How often are you watering? More than once a day?
I would argue that plants in a 7 gallon would end up very much bigger than plants in a 3 gallon pot. Pot sized matters because root size matters

Back
Top Bottom