Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

Thanks Ase, felt like the underdog at first and it didnt really sink in until Teddy pm me.

Not to take away from Member of the Month or any of the others but to me Plant of the Month is the best award on here (besides Plant of the Year). I remember thinking when I first started on 420 Magazine how it would be so cool to be one of the guys with a title by my name and how that would never happen. I learned by going to each months past winners and then reading their entire journal and trying to copy them. You get to be king of the castle for a month!

Kinda crazy when I started seeing people actually vote for my plant. I never would have thought... See ya and good luck in the Plant of the Year contest with my White Rhino back in May! ;)

Speaking of copying the POTM winners - how's that detailed feeding post coming along Ase? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Trying to have it up by this weekend. Figuring out how many main sections I want in it and how to make it relate-able and easy to understand! I like to make sure those longer posts are well organized so I do a little planning.

Trying to have it up by this weekend. Figuring out how many main sections I want in it and how to make it relate-able and easy to understand! I like to make sure those longer posts are well organized so I do a little planning.

Take your time Ase - I'm looking forward to it, but I can wait until you get it right.

I know you recommended Floralicious Plus, maybe in the meantime you could go into why you like it and when you use it? It's so expensive but those who grow with it seem to swear by it, and it sounds like you agree?

Take your time Ase - I'm looking forward to it, but I can wait until you get it right.

I know you recommended Floralicious Plus, maybe in the meantime you could go into why you like it and when you use it? It's so expensive but those who grow with it seem to swear by it, and it sounds like you agree?

Basically it's providing a couple of different types of acids. Amino acids help the building of the plant like the building of muscles in body building. Humic Acids help breakdown nutrients you are giving the plant to make it easier to consume. It's like the difference between eating a pistachio with the shell off already. The hard work is already done for you and makes it far easier to absorb into the roots. I've also read that because of the breaking down it widens the PH range your plant can absorb the different nutrients at wider PH ranges. The Seaweed/Kelp in it is a pretty common thing in a lot of grow products. It adds in micro-nutrients and trace minerals.

Altogether it acts as a metabolic booster allowing your plants absorption to be at its peak. The more your plant can uptake the bigger it can get. I don't think will ever grow without it unless I switch nutrients. Even then I've read a lot of people that use Floralicious+ instead of whatever their line calls for as well.

Also it is a pretty good deal when you do the math. Since it is concentrated it makes up far more gallons than any similar products in my opinion. At 1/ML per gallon you get 473 gallons. I'd also do it every other feed so you won't need another bottle until you've gone through 946 gallons of total feed. Food for thought. In my updated feed schedule I will post I only will use it in likely 10 out of the total 16 weeks which would extend that number out further as well. Floralicious+ and Rapidstart are the big two for me when it comes to additives.

I bought some Dinachem and critical + from Gorilla and asked them to swap out my freebies for more purple envy. Instead of swapping them out, they simply added 5 purple envy's to my freebie list. Impressive service!!

hello ace, just dropping in late to watch your avid coco-skills. Peace :bongrip:

Welcome Omega! You can't be late in a perpetual grow really. Let me know if you have any questions but hopefully by the end of this weekend I will post an updated feed schedule and explanation on how I am doing things now. It's not too different from the beginning posts I did. Glad to have you along!

I bought some Dinachem and critical + from Gorilla and asked them to swap out my freebies for more purple envy. Instead of swapping them out, they simply added 5 purple envy's to my freebie list. Impressive service!!

So far the best sponsor service that I've received as well. They were all pretty good but they took the cake. The free stuff is cool and all but they were prompt, efficient and nice. Even if I didn't get the added free stuff I would have said the same thing. Gorilla Seeds are definitely a company that everyone should look at. They offer some nice freebie promotions as well!

So far the best sponsor service that I've received as well. They were all pretty good but they took the cake. The free stuff is cool and all but they were prompt, efficient and nice. Even if I didn't get the added free stuff I would have said the same thing. Gorilla Seeds are definitely a company that everyone should look at. They offer some nice freebie promotions as well!
I had a great experience with them too. Order was in my hands the same week, like 4 days from order to delivery and that's from overseas. Impressive service, good stealthy packaging and they threw in some nice freebies for me too. My best sponsor experience as well.

Flower Day 67 - Flower Day 7

I went down to my grow tents today and decided it was time to harvest. I had the time all day after work and was in the mood. Knocked out the Jack Herer and then the White Castle was left. I had hit a wall and really didn't want to finish but I did and I'm sure my back will thank me tomorrow. I've been underwhelmed on the potency of the smoke of the autos so I wanted to get these cut and drying. They are so much frostier than the autos were and are a lot denser. Not sure what I will get in yield but I am going to guess I'm going to hit about my average for each one of these. Had some heat issues for a few weeks of them being in flower so I will take it. I'll let everyone know the numbers when they are ready.

I also tried to just defoliate in veg a little and then only once in flower and then leave these plants this time. I won't be doing that again. Too much leaf and popcorn and didn't help my yield. I stated it somewhere but I am going to be focused on clearing out everything halfway down the plant and lollipopping more with these new girls in flower. That's what I usually do and this was more of an experiment. It was really hard not touching them much so I'm glad I get to go back to that.

"Little" Jack Herer - If anything she was a fighter and did way better then I expected considering how small she was.
IMG_356815.JPG
IMG_356913.JPG

Amnesiac - Stayed strong the whole time. Round, dense nugs with fire red hairs all over.
IMG_357418.JPG
IMG_357612.JPG

White Castle - The yield on this might surprise me. I thought it would be way under the other two but all the nugs on this are the same size. All the lower stuff is large. In truth, I am not that happy with the way it grew and was really afraid of a ton of popcorn bud.
IMG_358017.JPG
IMG_358212.JPG

Since the lights are now off in my veg tent, I only have the real flower tent going. I will get some seeds going tonight and hopefully they will be ready to put into the coco in a couple days. These girls have about 2 weeks and then I will do a major defoliation. If the Lost Coast OG doesn't look like it's going to do anything worthwhile I might just can it. It better get it's stretch on. The other 3 look almost perfect to me. They are starting to stretch and the waiting game begins on how tall they will get.

IMG_358515.JPG

IMG_358914.JPG

It was either harvest or write out that schedule I've been promising for feeding. You have to take advantage of harvesting when you feel like doing it because it can be a real pain if you don't! It'll be done by this weekend. Also I discovered that my hydroton idea is working exactly how I wanted it to on the bottom of the pots. There were tons of healthy roots at the bottom that were nice and white because it drained well. I was really happy to see that.

Congrats on the harvest! I take it you won't be running autos again?

Thanks Blaze. Not unless I do something outdoors which is unlikely. My outdoor space is for veggies and grapes and raspberries. I enjoy growing that stuff just as much so I wouldn't sacrifice one of the other. Indoor feminized seeds and eventually cloning is going to be the way I stay with. I will say the Gorilla glue was the best smoke of all of them and was the only one that was in the ballpark of any of the photos of done.

Ase,
Do you water in between each nutrient feeding in coco?
I did for this grow I just finished up, and was wondering if it's necessary, or if running just nutrient feedings is good in Drain to Waste.

Ase,
Do you water in between each nutrient feeding in coco?
I did for this grow I just finished up, and was wondering if it's necessary, or if running just nutrient feedings is good in Drain to Waste.

I run nutrients in every feed no matter what. If the plant is looking a little nute burned and I have it scheduled to be 700ppm I may drop it to 400 ppm for a couple feeds but keep the N-P-K ratios the same. I'll give it a really heavy feed with the 400 (like twice as much as normal) and they usually bounce back nicely. So far with the girls I just put in flower I have not had to adjust back anything and they have gotten the full nutrients on my feed schedule every feed.

I run nutrients in every feed no matter what. If the plant is looking a little nute burned and I have it scheduled to be 700ppm I may drop it to 400 ppm for a couple feeds but keep the N-P-K ratios the same. I'll give it a really heavy feed with the 400 (like twice as much as normal) and they usually bounce back nicely. So far with the girls I just put in flower I have not had to adjust back anything and they have gotten the full nutrients on my feed schedule every feed.

Thanks for the info!
How often do you water in flower? Twice a day?

Back
Top Bottom