Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

I always love seeing big fan leaves, makes me smile lol

Some of these on the Purple Kush are the largest I've ever had. I will be defoliating soon. I'll snap a picture of the largest one for ya if I remember. Sometimes that whole memory thing though...

Nice job Ase! Now you finally get a couple of months with no trimming. I bought Floralicious Plus and Rapidstart today. I'm getting closer and closer to just copying you! :laugh:

You won't be disappointed, I promise. I can't wait for your reaction when you see roots everywhere and super fast! I will enjoy my 7 weeks without having to trim for sure.

I have quite a bit of the nutes I'm using, but the results and savings I'm digging. Ase, I hope your consulting fees are reasonable .

I still have some nutes I won from my POTM from May that I want to try out. Things are just going too smooth and steady to want to break the cycle with my routine and switch up nutes. Maybe in a few grows. Last I checked my consulting fees were pretty good ;)

Nice harvest, Ase! I've not been on 420 for a few weeks so I missed a bit but am happy to see my fav - "Little Jack" came thru with some decent weight. I hope you won't mind me hitting you up for advice again once I start my GrowNumber3! Respect. And Regards.

Nice harvest, Ase! I've not been on 420 for a few weeks so I missed a bit but am happy to see my fav - "Little Jack" came thru with some decent weight. I hope you won't mind me hitting you up for advice again once I start my GrowNumber3! Respect. And Regards.

I was wondering where you had gone Anna! As I always say, I'll answer anything or help anyone that asks. Take a look at the couple really long posts I just did a few days ago on feeding and N-P-K before you get started on grow #3. Welcome back!

Flower Day 16 - Veg Day 4

The babies are now on day 4 and the Cinderella 99 is slightly behind the others but just barely. The Jock Horror was the first one with a root out the bottom and actually had 5-6. The others all barely had one. A couple inches tall each they are now.

IMG_363917.JPG

It was time to defoliate the two purples in the flower tent. This is not how I normally defoliate but am trying something a bit differently. I am really not wanting to see popcorn buds. I cleared out the bottom half of the plant and pretty much left everything above. I used to defoliate all the big fan leaves from above so all the little stuff got light but now I am bringing the plant to the light instead and defoliating the bottom stuff. Now I really don't need to remove anything above that as it is all getting light. I hope this works. Should see the refocus of the energy to the top of the plant and some really nice colas if everything goes right. Logic and science says yes but it is always a little worrisome trying something new. I will say I had a big smile on my face when I was done. They look awesome.

The Lost Coast OG is seeming to go through an aggressive stretch now so hopefully that lasts a 5-7 days and maybe it turns out decent. It will be small for sure but I have some room to grow it out, no matter how small it is, as long as it won't be problematic.

Lastly, I would like to remind anyone that does a major defoliation at about this time in the grow. The plant will not absorb as much water and nutes after doing this. If you do not adjust the PPMs down for a few days until you can tell it's kicked back into high gear, then you will likely experience nute burn. Just watch them carefully and adjust until they are back to normal. Defoliation causes some stress and a brief slowing period of usually a couple days.

Today after defoliation. Any fans and flimsy inner stalks were removed. A nice bowl shape to the structure which I am very happy about.
IMG_363418.JPG

From above there is still a lot of leaves, just only going to the bud nodes I kept on. Tried not to take any fan attached to nodes I was keeping no matter what. If they get too big and block things I can pull them later one at a time casually.
IMG_363816.JPG

Flower Day 16 - Veg Day 4

The babies are now on day 4 and the Cinderella 99 is slightly behind the others but just barely. The Jock Horror was the first one with a root out the bottom and actually had 5-6. The others all barely had one. A couple inches tall each they are now.

IMG_363917.JPG

It was time to defoliate the two purples in the flower tent. This is not how I normally defoliate but am trying something a bit differently. I am really not wanting to see popcorn buds. I cleared out the bottom half of the plant and pretty much left everything above. I used to defoliate all the big fan leaves from above so all the little stuff got light but now I am bringing the plant to the light instead and defoliating the bottom stuff. Now I really don't need to remove anything above that as it is all getting light. I hope this works. Should see the refocus of the energy to the top of the plant and some really nice colas if everything goes right. Logic and science says yes but it is always a little worrisome trying something new. I will say I had a big smile on my face when I was done. They look awesome.

The Lost Coast OG is seeming to go through an aggressive stretch now so hopefully that lasts a 5-7 days and maybe it turns out decent. It will be small for sure but I have some room to grow it out, no matter how small it is, as long as it won't be problematic.

Lastly, I would like to remind anyone that does a major defoliation at about this time in the grow. The plant will not absorb as much water and nutes after doing this. If you do not adjust the PPMs down for a few days until you can tell it's kicked back into high gear, then you will likely experience nute burn. Just watch them carefully and adjust until they are back to normal. Defoliation causes some stress and a brief slowing period of usually a couple days.

Today after defoliation. Any fans and flimsy inner stalks were removed. A nice bowl shape to the structure which I am very happy about.
IMG_363418.JPG

From above there is still a lot of leaves, just only going to the bud nodes I kept on. Tried not to take any fan attached to nodes I was keeping no matter what. If they get too big and block things I can pull them later one at a time casually.
IMG_363816.JPG
Damn look at the thickness of those stems jeeze louise

Damn look at the thickness of those stems jeeze louise

Yeah hopefully ready to hold up some weight. Can get some really crazy growth in coco if you do it right! I was nervous the whole time that the Purple Kush was a male it was growing so fast. Was so relieved to see white, healthy hairs everywhere.

Yeah hopefully ready to hold up some weight. Can get some really crazy growth in coco if you do it right! I was nervous the whole time that the Purple Kush was a male it was growing so fast. Was so relieved to see white, healthy hairs everywhere.
That's always a gamble if you're running regs but a lot of people say you get the awesome phenos from regs if you don't already have it in the fems

Would you say the training is the contributing factor with the thick robust stems Ace?

I think early training allows them to all bulk up a lot more evenly. Since the branches are all the same height the plant doesn't know which one is really the main and feeds all of them pretty equally. The tough part is figuring out how many main ones to create. The Purple Kush has like 8 and is a little tall for my liking. The Purple Envy has like 12 and stretched to just about perfect. Some of that is genetics too but in general I try to train them even from as early as I can so the plant pushes energy evenly all over. Usually gives me that nice bowl shape making it easy for the plant to get light all over in flower.

Flower Day 18 - Veg Day 6

The babies are coming along well. Likely in 4-5 days they will be put in their final homes. So far they all seem to be doing well and have good growth.

IMG_367116.JPG

The flower tent is looking pretty fun right now. The Lost coast OG is still not showing any signs of sex so that is good news as it keeps stretching. Yesterday I defoliated again and took off some of the lower branches that I knew weren't going to cut it. As I said before I normally wouldn't be doing this stuff but the purples look great and my attention is pretty much on them. If it gets a couple more inches in stretch maybe that will change my mind a bit.

IMG_365818.JPG
IMG_366018.JPG

The Purple Envy is just a pleasure to grow. It always looks so happy.
IMG_366516.JPG

Cola
IMG_366717.JPG

The Purple Kush also seems to be pretty happy. Starting to see hairs popping out of everywhere which is a great sign.
IMG_364815.JPG

Cola
IMG_365722.JPG

Looking strong for 18 days. Those are some thick stalks. Soon you should start picking up a fruity/grape smell from the purple envy. One thing I noticed from switching to soil, is that the grape smell is stronger this time on the purple envys.

Looking strong for 18 days. Those are some thick stalks. Soon you should start picking up a fruity/grape smell from the purple envy. One thing I noticed from switching to soil, is that the grape smell is stronger this time on the purple envys.

Thickest stalks to date for me Blaze at this point. Both of these girls are doing fantastic and I'm very much looking forward to watching the bud swell. Usually I spread them so much more wider and each cola is smaller but there is a lot of them. Far less the case with these two and should make for some great colas if I don't screw anything up! The Purple Kush was a little taller than I wanted but not out of my maximum range so no big deal. The Purple Envy is almost perfect for how I want to grow though. I'm falling for her...

I have 3 purple envy coming from Gorilla, looking forward to growing them out this winter.

It's just starting to cool off here now and the temps have dropped into the mid 60s as a high instead of mid 90s in a matter of a week. I don't foresee anymore weather above 85 until spring. With the nights being cooler I'm wondering how much purple I will actually get out of these. It's the right time in their life for the temperature to drop and get some gorgeous purple colors on them. You are going to love growing the Purple Envy.

*I am trying this too, clearing out the popcorn for more substantial results?

Finally I have something to relate to in your journal. lol

I'm afraid this journal is way over my head and I would be dishonest if I chimed in as an educated grower. But this theory is something I'm doing right now and hoping the plant will redirect her energy where it's needed. It makes so much sense but will it really work??? Can't wait to see if it works for me, and especially for you.

Okay back to the seats with my reading magnifier and a sharpened pencil with extra tall erasers for all the mistakes I make. ;)

*I am trying this too, clearing out the popcorn for more substantial results?

Finally I have something to relate to in your journal. lol

I'm afraid this journal is way over my head and I would be dishonest if I chimed in as an educated grower. But this theory is something I'm doing right now and hoping the plant will redirect her energy where it's needed. It makes so much sense but will it really work??? Can't wait to see if it works for me, and especially for you.

Okay back to the seats with my reading magnifier and a sharpened pencil with extra tall erasers for all the mistakes I make. ;)

Yeah I always clear out the bottom of my plants, just not to the extreme I did this time. This time it's way more like lollipopping. I am looking forward to seeing what happens as well! Definitely not having to trim as much at the end will be a huge plus for sure.

There is one definite benefit to lollipopping... much easier to water/feed your plants. LOL! I'm also doing it this run. I get way too much popcorn bud usually. I hope it works as intended.

Back
Top Bottom