Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

hello all!

quick question about flushing, i at the point where im happy now to start but will they still pack on weight in the last 2 weeks of flush?

never really noticed before, should still pack on weight without the nutes shouldnt they?

hello all!

quick question about flushing, i at the point where im happy now to start but will they still pack on weight in the last 2 weeks of flush?

never really noticed before, should still pack on weight without the nutes shouldnt they?

how far are you in flower ? and what flowerperiod do you expect ?

Check out this Master Kush fan leaf!!! There's a few on one of the plants like this. This particular Master Kush plant is a stunning phenotype, the best of the lot. She's growing branches out of branches and is even forming bud sites on the main stem below where the giant fan leaf meets main stem, I've never seen anything like it and before the stretch period is over. I wonder if this powerful growth is anything to do with Master Kush being a tetraploid strain and carrying an extra chromosome? Does anyone actually know what a tetraploid strain means other than it has an extra chromosome? Does this extra chromosome make any difference to what actually grows and the end product? All the Master Kush are beautiful plants but this one with the funny leaf is a special girl I believe! Anyway any thoughts on the weird leaf and the tetraploid/chromosome thing are appreciated people!

420-magazine-mobile2123338700.jpg

420-magazine-mobile736989659.jpg

420-magazine-mobile668306583.jpg

I have a ? I have run several harvests indoors all successfully how ever each strain looks AN smells differently (not the issue) but they all taste the same. My grows r all hydro based. Coco coir,bubble buckets an ebb an flow. Is this just a trait of hydro ? Or possibly the nutes I use. I've switched nutes this run hoping to change this issue. Everyone compliments me on my weed for smell an potency but they all say it tastes the same. I wana fix this issue as I AN my friends enjoy the tastes as well as the smell an high

I have a ? I have run several harvests indoors all successfully how ever each strain looks AN smells differently (not the issue) but they all taste the same. My grows r all hydro based. Coco coir,bubble buckets an ebb an flow. Is this just a trait of hydro ? Or possibly the nutes I use. I've switched nutes this run hoping to change this issue. Everyone compliments me on my weed for smell an potency but they all say it tastes the same. I wana fix this issue as I AN my friends enjoy the tastes as well as the smell an high

I use blackstrap molasses for flavour and to enhance sweetness in the buds and I truly believe it works but I'm not sure if it can be used in Hydro set ups. Switch up strains as well. Flavours are in the genetics. Also by letting the plant use up all it's stored nutrients late in flower and naturally yellow off this should enhance flavour as should a longer cure. You're probably already doing all that though lol

hello all!

Most strains swell up in the final weeks of flower so I'd say yes, if you are into the final couple of weeks those buds should dense right up and pull the pistils back in. I guess it depends how long the strain takes to finish though.

I've run a few different strains, sour diesel, kush berry, white cookies, AN bag seed. All smell different all taste the same :(
I also have Girl Scout cookies, oz kush, white cookies, sour diesel, kushberry an Wonder Woman atm still in veg. I'd like to figure this out before flowering time hopefully.

What would cause this turning in of the leaves? These are on a friend's clones.
420-magazine-mobile1289363299.jpg

TMV virus creates weird shaped leaves and mottling but..... and it's a big but...... many top growers don't believe it even exists and say it can't infect cannabis. I'm not for a minute saying it is but I was only looking at a TMV article this morning and it said many infected plants come from clones and the leaves had a mosaic type mottling with weird shaped leaves. I'm sure it's most likely just a harmless deformity as I have a few twisted and turned leaves myself and no TMV in sight.

I doubt very much that my friends plants have come into contact with anybody else's plants. He is very secretive about his grow, only two people including myself know about it and he does not bring new plants in at all. These came from a mother that he has had for over five years. He is also reusing his soil, I'm wondering if it has something to do with that?

Just to reiterate, these plants are now in my care and have been for the past two weeks, I've been monitoring this problem but it hasn't gotten any better. New growth in one instance does show this deformity.

I doubt very much that my friends plants have come into contact with anybody else's plants. He is very secretive about his grow, only two people including myself know about it and he does not bring new plants in at all. These came from a mother that he has had for over five years. He is also reusing his soil, I'm wondering if it has something to do with that?

Possibly but I couldn't say for sure as I don't reuse soil/compost. TMV can be spread by human to plant if tobacco has been handled. Cigarettes tobacco is treated so doesn't carry it but it can be carried in rolling and pipe tobacco and passed on to the plant via contact after handling the tobacco. As I said I don't necessarily think it's the case with your friends plant but after the article I'd just read with images of allegedly infected plants I notice a similarity. Much more likely a soil or nutrient/ph issue though. The last thing I wanted to do was cause unnecessary worry my friend! .

Possibly but I couldn't say for sure as I don't reuse soil/compost. TMV can be spread by human to plant if tobacco has been handled. Cigarettes tobacco is treated so doesn't carry it but it can be carried in rolling and pipe tobacco and passed on to the plant via contact after handling the tobacco. As I said I don't necessarily think it's the case with your friends plant but after the article I'd just read with images of allegedly infected plants I notice a similarity. Much more likely a soil or nutrient/ph issue though. The last thing I wanted to do was cause unnecessary worry my friend! .
Thanks KG, Nobody in either mine or my friends family are smokers (tobacco, lol), so........Hmmmmm!

how far are you in flower ? and what flowerperiod do you expect ?

hello!

im growing northern lights, 7-8 week strain i usually cut northern lights at 8 weeks but started blushing today and going to maby let it run that extra few days up to 9 weeks, i put a 60/40 mix of coco/perlite mix so theres not much room for salt to cling to

hairs on them are 25-30% brown.

i want more of a couch lock affect, but if there 80% cloudy now will the amber increase or not?

Thanks KG, Nobody in either mine or my friends family are smokers (tobacco, lol), so........Hmmmmm!

Then it's even more unlikely it's your culprit. The plants leaves look a really lush dark green and have a nice shine to them so it's definitely not lacking in N. chances are it's just a slight leaf deformity and nothing too sinister pal .

The cupping of the leaves is usually caused when the temperatures are too high (also sometimes accompanied by "fluting" of the edge of the leaves). Not sure what the yellowing of those couple of leaves are although I had something similar once (it was light bleaching by my LED light), but as Kushgod said don't worry about it if it's the odd leaf. What are your temps at the canopy - could your light be too close?

Back
Top Bottom